More cheap games @ Gamefly: Mass Effect $20, DMC4 $20, Stranglehold $10

mxpowar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
CheapyD Update:

All have free shipping.
GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are usually in excellent condition, and are guaranteed.

:360:Jericho $9.99
:360:Stranglehold $9.99
:360:The Darkness $12.99
:360:Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
:360:Timeshift $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:360:Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom $14.99
:360:Assassin's Creed $17.99
:360:MOH: Airborne $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Mass Effect $19.99
:360:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:360:Burnout Paradise $19.99
:360:PGR 4 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:360:Simpsons Game $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:ps3:Lost: Via Domus $17.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $17.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Unreal Tournament III $17.99
:ps3:Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
:ps3:The Club $19.99
:ps3:Jericho $19.99
:ps3:Lost Planet: Extreme Condition $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:MLK 2K8 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:Lair $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:ps3:GRAW 2 $19.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Dewy's Adventure $14.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***
:wii:Manhunt 2 $14.99 OOS - 06/18/08
:wii:NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams $14.99
:wii:Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law $14.99
:wii:Victorious Boxers: Revolution $15.99
:wii:Soul Calibur Legends $15.99 *** NEW ENTRY ***

:wii:Newly available Wii games for sale.
:ps3:Newly available PS3 games for sale.
:360:Newly available Xbox 360 games for sale.

Original post... Thanks mxpowar!
Looks like Gamefly has lowered some prices on some games. Here's what I found that looked interesting:

PS3

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124905&t=0

The Club $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121750&t=0

Jericho $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125945&t=0

Lost: Via Domus $17.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=128530&t=0

Xbox 360

Mass Effect $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125040&t=0

Devil May Cry 4 $19.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125760&t=0

Stranglehold $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=121915&t=0

The Orange Box $31.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125975&t=0

Jericho $9.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=125940&t=0

The Darkness $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=124360&t=0

Blacksite: Area 51 $12.99
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=126165&t=0

There are other deals probably; this is just what I found. And before anyone asks, Gamefly discs are USUALLY in very good condition if not outright mint. They are used but they include the original case and manual which are ALWAYS mint condition. I just bought Lost for PS3 and I got FREE SHIPPING even though I'm not a member. I don't know which other games get free shipping so please post if you find out.

[quote name='TheNeck']If you have a gamefly.com account, go to my account, then go to billing address/credit card, and you will see a live chat button, in which you can chat with somebody about the problem(s) you are having.[/quote]

thanks I didn't know about that feature :)

will try it today

Looks like UT3 & DMC4 are OOS for PS3. I was thinking about Bioshock and a second copy of KUF: COD for when I get my Elite until I saw they started charging shipping.

[quote name='kylerg']Got my Mass Effect today. The surface looks okay, but there is a crack in the spindle area. This can't be safe to play?[/quote]

i actually got a used gamecube game like that once. huge crack on the middle part of the disc. it works absolutely perfect though. idk if ps3 and 360 games are different.

[quote name='kylerg']I emailed them. I couldn't find the chat link. Maybe a call is in order.[/quote]

I can't find the chat link either :whistle2:?

guess I'll have to call them tomorrow as well

[quote name='kylerg']Could someone post a direct link for chat?[/quote]

Try this link , and try logging in to gamefly.com. This is the link when you click on the live chat button, pictured below.

chat.jpg

Well! An update to my situation. I can't believe it has been going on this long. :cry:

I sent an emial Friday night, finally got an answer Sunday night stating I would get refunded the friggun money so I could buy the game again. Of course I won't be seeing this money for another couple days.

I called just now just to figure out why they couldn't have just shipped be the flippin game in a sleeve.

The game shipped with the disc in the case and some how it got taken out before it got to my house. Hmm... Wonder how that happened when the bubble mailer was still completely sealed when it got to my house.

Well, at least I got a free DMC 4 (360) case out of this. /sighs

[quote name='ghostman123']Why does it sound like all PS3 games are coming in great condition but Xbox 360 games aren't?[/quote]

I'm guessing simply because there are more 360 owners out there than PS3 owners that there is a larger percentage of Gamefly users who have a 360 rather than a PS3. Because the 360 discs get rented out more, they probably get banged up worse.

[quote name='ghostman123']Why does it sound like all PS3 games are coming in great condition but Xbox 360 games aren't?[/quote]

Blu-rays are made with much better scratch protection than DVDs.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm guessing simply because there are more 360 owners out there than PS3 owners that there is a larger percentage of Gamefly users who have a 360 rather than a PS3. Because the 360 discs get rented out more, they probably get banged up worse.[/quote]

Even then, isn't there supposed to be a quality guarantee on the discs? Like aren't they supposed to inspect the discs before sending them out and only ship ones that are in good condition?

[quote name='ghostman123']Even then, isn't there supposed to be a quality guarantee on the discs? Like aren't they supposed to inspect the discs before sending them out and only ship ones that are in good condition?[/QUOTE]

Its probably like Gamestop where they will sell you anything as long as it isn't cracked in half.

For what it's worth, all 3 360 games I ordered came in great condition. At the end of the day, I think it's just luck.

I didn't bite on any of these games since the free shipping got taken away. But with the free 30 day gamefly trial (mcdnalds I think) I just got Orange box and AC, 1 day after I signed up, since I live very close to a shipping center. I am going to try and get at least 6 games this month, and I'll probably keep a few or them. So f you want free shipping and aybe faster shipping, maybe go with the free 30 day trial, 2 games at once.

Just got my unreal tournament for ps3 after a little bit of trouble with my old order. The game looks nice except for a few chips around the edges. Plays like a dream though. Case is very nice too. I guess I'd order again with free shipping.

[quote name='Agrippan']For what it's worth, all 3 360 games I ordered came in great condition. At the end of the day, I think it's just luck.[/quote]

That's good to hear. I just hope I have such "luck" with my Mass Effect. I order Thursday night and it still hasn't came. Been waiting almost a week and really hope it isn't all scratched up with chips and stuff. But I got the free shipping on it.

Some games offer free shipping to non-customers, Bully (360) $24, and Army of Two on (PS3) $32 do for some reason. Maybe how long they've been available.

Got my Mass Effect today. Has two small chips around the edge and a lot of light scratches. It plays okay so far. It lags very briefly every now and then, but that could just be it loading.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Mass Effect slows down a lot. Its the game itself.[/quote]

I was actually wondering the same thing myself. A little annoying, but so far the game is cool.

We apologize for the error. Please return the unplayable game by writing "Return to Sender" on the original package, resealing it, and dropping it in a mailbox.

Is this legal?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kylerg']I was actually wondering the same thing myself. A little annoying, but so far the game is cool.

Is this legal?[/quote]

Bumping to get an answer.

[quote name='kylerg']Bumping to get an answer.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you got a disc in bad condition? Why wouldn't it be legal?

[quote name='dm877']you dont get free shipping if you have trial

you have be a monthly member[/QUOTE]
Can't I just rent it and then choose to keep it?

[quote name='Boeing 747']I think he's asking if it's legal for gamefly to pretty much not pay postage for shipping it back?

I wouldn't think so?[/QUOTE]

This is legal. People do it all the time, Gamefly gets stuck paying the return shipping when they receive it.

So far, have received Assassin's Creed, Jericho and Mass Effect for the 360 - Jericho has a couple small chips around the outer edge, but the others are in great shape.

Burnout Paradise got lost in the mail. Ordered it over 2 weeks ago and have already received games ordered AFTER Burnout. Wrote to Customer Service, they refunded the $ and gave me the opportunity to re-order it if it was "still available." Thankfully, it was.

Got my Assassins Creed PS3 this week. MINT. Seems like most of the problems are with the 360 versions. Maybe the Blu coating makes them hold up better?

I just ordered Kingdom Under Fire, it got slammed in the reviews, but I watched some videos and it looked kinda fun.. only reason I ordered it, was because GameFly apparently wanted to feel generous and give me a $5 coupon for "being a new member".

Hey, I'm not going to complain, another game for $10.00.

[quote name='Guero']Got my Assassins Creed PS3 this week. MINT. Seems like most of the problems are with the 360 versions. Maybe the Blu coating makes them hold up better?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Probably the fact that more people own 360's and the games get rented out more often.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Nope. Probably the fact that more people own 360's and the games get rented out more often.[/quote]

Doubt it. I'm a microsoft fanboy, but even I have to agree that with all the Xbox 360s breaking down each day because of the RROD, even though it came out in 2005, there are probably just as many active PS3 gamers out there.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I just ordered Kingdom Under Fire, it got slammed in the reviews, but I watched some videos and it looked kinda fun.. only reason I ordered it, was because GameFly apparently wanted to feel generous and give me a $5 coupon for "being a new member".

Hey, I'm not going to complain, another game for $10.00.[/quote]

I have it and so far I like it. If you like Phantasy Star Online, you'll probably like this one. If not, then you probably won't.

How can I get a game from gamefly without signing up for monthly fees? Even the free trial charges $20 once it ends.

[quote name='mopy74']How can I get a game from gamefly without signing up for monthly fees? Even the free trial charges $20 once it ends.[/quote]

Why do you need to sign up? I didn't sign up and I ordered the games (and got them).

Now I'm paranoid ;p- was there some inadverted signing up process we had to do to get the games? I haven't received my credit statement yet, but I don't want to get charged 20-odd sum dollars for a Gamefly membership I didn't even use.

bread's done
Back