Mortal Kombat Vita $10, Batman: AC GOTY $30, Batman: AA GOTY $10 Gamestop (Dead)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Batman: Arkham City GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (360/PS3) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360/PS3) $19.99
Witcher 2 (360) $29.99
Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $39.99
Dirt Showdown (360/PS3) $39.99

Used prices are also all discounted accordingly.

The link to the final week of the Gamestock 2012 sale can be found here.

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.

Update courtesy of

Esalw - MK Komplete sale is live already.
Tatum - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $10

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get Batman AC GOTY for $20.69 used in mint condition with PUR discount and a $5 coupon that magically showed up in my active offers. Grabbed MK Vita as well for when I eventually get one. :D

[quote name='dgwillia006']Grabbed the last copy of MK used for Vita here, this Gamestock deal set has to be the best thing gamestop has done in ages (Especially the 5$ TIV bumps)[/QUOTE]

For how much

[quote name='dgwillia006']Grabbed the last copy of MK used for Vita here, this Gamestock deal set has to be the best thing gamestop has done in ages (Especially the 5$ TIV bumps)[/QUOTE]

Yeah Gamestock has been pretty sweet. Imuch better than the old Gamer Days or whatever it was. Besides the rare b2g1 I can't even remember a decent sale they had.

[quote name='starmask2k3']For how much[/QUOTE]

Was 8$. Only got it used since I had it before, and im likely gonna trade it in before the weekend is over, so i'll leave the new copies for those who want it.

[quote name='Vigilante']I forgot about MK7; I might have to try and get that for 50% off tomorrow.

I wonder, though, whether I'd get much enjoyment out of it if I played just the single-player stuff; the same goes for Mario Tennis Open, which I'm less inclined to find. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Here is why I hate Gamestop:

After seeing yours and dgwillia006 posts, I figured I'll run over to my local GS last night and pick up Mario Kart 7 for my kid. I asked the guy if it's 50% off and he told me no, the sale is only for EA games. Even though I saw NOTHING that said its only for EA games, the only games I saw people posting were actually EA and I had nothing to back me up.

Then I try to trade in my vinilla copy of Batman: AC to upgrade to the GOTY and he told me that I'll get $10 back for my copy that will go towards the purchase. I asked about the 30% extra credit towards the purchase and he told me I can't do it. I just grabbed my copy off the counter and walked out without saying a word.

I really hate that most Gamestop employees don't know shit about their own deals. And I'm sorry about my rant, but i have so much better experiences with Best Buy. I guess it just depends on your locations, because I see so many people hate their BBY customer services and love Gamestop.

Hopefully I can get a better deal today with the 50% credit towards the used copy (at a different location though).

[quote name='Donut2922']Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Batman: Arkham City GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (360/PS3) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360/PS3) $19.99
Witcher 2 (360) $29.99
Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $39.99
Dirt Showdown (360/PS3) $39.99

Used prices are also all discounted accordingly.

The link to the final week of the Gamestock 2012 sale can be found here.

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.

Update courtesy of

Esalw - MK Komplete sale is live already.
Tatum - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $10[/QUOTE]

getting while the getting is good cuz the vita mortal kombat for 9.99 i thought had expired a long time ago

[quote name='thegame85']I hope Amazon matches Batman[/QUOTE]
as far as amazon matching i have hear ramblings that they dont price match is this true?! and if they do how do you go about asking for a price match?!

I purchased Batman AA for $19.59 2 weeks ago from gamestop and they wouldn't price match the ad mistake and now they drop the online price.

Since I haven't opened it I'm going to return it.

Does anyone know if the label that comes from gamestop is it pre-paid to do a return? I have it in front of me and there is a small bar code and it says return label on the bottom of the receipt but I can't tell if its pre-paid.

I'm gonna go to GS after work today and pickup B AA and B AC and MK all for PS3, but I was wondering if it was worth getting them pre-owned, since Ill get an extra 50% if I trade in games towards purchasing other pre-owned games.

Will all the DLC codes be included for all the 3 games or are the DLC in the disc?

I know for sure that MK Komplete will have all DLC. Depends if the previous owner used the Movie and Music DLC though.

[quote name='maxpower0965']I'm gonna go to GS after work today and pickup B AA and B AC and MK all for PS3, but I was wondering if it was worth getting them pre-owned, since Ill get an extra 50% if I trade in games towards purchasing other pre-owned games.

Will all the DLC codes be included for all the 3 games or are the DLC in the disc?[/QUOTE]

Yes on both Batman games.

[quote name='Olengie']I know for sure that MK Komplete will have all DLC. Depends if the previous owner used the Movie and Music DLC though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mrclutch']Yes on both Batman games.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks! Ill just get the pre-ownded games then.

Thanks Again :)

Mortal Kombat Vita TIV went down to $6 base! Went to trade one in and was kind of surprised. I guess BB caught on to the flippers and GS's sale. When I do get a Vita at least I'll already have a game.

Scored a sealed copy of Arkham Asylum from ordering online
I worried for nothing :D
Now let's see how Mortal Kombat arrives

Would it be wrong to trade in games and get the 50% bonus and just buy BAA for $8.99 and have them put the rest of my credit into my powerup rewards card, then go to another GS and buy new copies of other games?

[quote name='maxpower0965']Would it be wrong to trade in games and get the 50% bonus and just buy BAA for $8.99 and have them put the rest of my credit into my powerup rewards card, then go to another GS and buy new copies of other games?[/QUOTE]

Not at all. That's what I did

[quote name='maxpower0965']Would it be wrong to trade in games and get the 50% bonus and just buy BAA for $8.99 and have them put the rest of my credit into my powerup rewards card, then go to another GS and buy new copies of other games?[/QUOTE]
All I did was purchase Madden 09 for 89 cent and pick up MKK brand NEW. Lol I even told the guy at GS yesterday that that was what I was going to do. No issues at all.

i had picked up NCAA 13 one for 360 & one for ps3 for $42.00 traded them in for 88.00 gift card. sweetness! & picked up a MK for vita for 10.00 thanks guys. :0)

[quote name='Sonne']Just picked up MK for Vita, finding that I'm liking the minigames more than the actual fighting aspect.[/QUOTE]
I still don't want your teddies!:lol:

[quote name='Manifest95']Here is why I hate Gamestop:

After seeing yours and dgwillia006 posts, I figured I'll run over to my local GS last night and pick up Mario Kart 7 for my kid. I asked the guy if it's 50% off and he told me no, the sale is only for EA games. Even though I saw NOTHING that said its only for EA games, the only games I saw people posting were actually EA and I had nothing to back me up.

Then I try to trade in my vinilla copy of Batman: AC to upgrade to the GOTY and he told me that I'll get $10 back for my copy that will go towards the purchase. I asked about the 30% extra credit towards the purchase and he told me I can't do it. I just grabbed my copy off the counter and walked out without saying a word.

I really hate that most Gamestop employees don't know shit about their own deals. And I'm sorry about my rant, but i have so much better experiences with Best Buy. I guess it just depends on your locations, because I see so many people hate their BBY customer services and love Gamestop.

Hopefully I can get a better deal today with the 50% credit towards the used copy (at a different location though).[/QUOTE]

All B&M stores are the same. You have good, decent and terrible employees. I have had the same problems you mentioned at Target and Best Buy with employees having no clue about their deals. I can easily give you examples of times I went to Best Buy on Sunday mornings when the store opened to buy a game on sale or some DVD and when I asked an employee about the deal, they had no clue or gave me some bullshit answer. Same at Target when buying stuff like furniture, kids school stuff and so on.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Actually many people hope amazon pm because they have credits there to use. They arent actual fan boys but it seems Oasis put them all in the same category[/QUOTE]

I can see why people had Amazon credit during the early days when they actually gave you decent $$$ but nowdays a majority of their TIV are a joke. Why do people keep trading stuff at amazon with such laughable TIV is beyond me. I am not saying GameStop is any better but the continued loyalty to trade at incredible shitty value at amazon baffles me. It has to be the taxes.

After work I went to GS to pick up MKK, BAA and BAC, and man I got a stubborn sales person. He wanted me to upgrade my power up reward to the pro membership. So, I told him no thanks. Then he asks me again, I once again say no. I trade in my 8 games and get the 50% bonus, and his like do you want to upgrade. Then he upgrades me with me without even telling him too. At this point I was like WTF man? Seriously? Then I told him I dont want it, so finally after 35 min of this I get BAA pre-ownded and got the hell out of there with $81 in credit. So, anyone in the Amarillo,TX area avoid the GS in the mall. The GS you want to go to is on SW45 st and Coulter.

Anyways here the TIV for the games I traded:

:ps3:

AC Revelations $15
AC Brotherhood $10
Sims 3 Pets $6.50
Mass Effect 2 $6.50
FEAR 2 $2.00
Marvel V. Capcom 3 $5.50
Batman AC $10
Uncharted Drakes Fortune $5.00

I got a total of $90.75 with the 50% trade in bonus

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Why would you buy something and then within a few days try to get 3/4 of your purchase price back? That doesn't make any sense. If anything sell the game on ebay.[/quote]
Because by trading it into someplace face to face you lessen the chance of being screwed unlike if you sold it on eBay and then someone decided to file a dispute, where you have a better chance of being screwed over since they care more about buyers than sellers on there.
2. I am a GameStop loyalist since I used to work there while getting my Master's Degree. If you have been following my posts you will see that I have said this multiple times. Now the Amazon fanboys on the other hand ALWAYS have to post on every brick and mortar deal (not just GameStop) the famous words: "Can we get Amazon to price match this?". It has become the norm on every goddam B&M deal. Seriously.
Don't get me wrong. My purchase history on Amazon went from a purchase or three every month via trade credit or promotional codes down to maybe 1-2 a year and that number will drop to ZERO if/when they start nailing me for sales tax in PA.

But yeah, I'm with you that the 'omg let's get Amazon to match these prices' thing is as annoying as the people who come into a thread just to post how something is 'not a deal' to them.

As for your loyalty to GS for providing you with employment while you went through college, that is admirable, but the way you phrase your responses to people who seem to besmirch GS just seems more than a bit over the top at times.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Don't get me wrong. My purchase history on Amazon went from a purchase or three every month via trade credit or promotional codes down to maybe 1-2 a year and that number will drop to ZERO if/when they start nailing me for sales tax in PA.

[/QUOTE]

i don't get why people say reported to amazon also, but why do you make it sound like amazon is screwing you over if/when they are legitimately charging you sales tax. shouldn't you shift that rage towards your local government?

sales tax on amazon is coming to california too and many other states eventually. i read that when that happens, amazon is planning to set up more local distribution/fulfillment centers in every major metropolitan city so things will ship and arrive faster to compete.

[quote name='frpilot']i don't get why people say reported to amazon also, but why do you make it sound like amazon is screwing you over if/when they are legitimately charging you sales tax. shouldn't you shift that rage towards your local government?

sales tax on amazon is coming to california too and many other states eventually. i read that when that happens, amazon is planning to set up more local distribution/fulfillment centers in every major metropolitan city so things will ship and arrive faster to compete.[/QUOTE]
I buy so few gaming items nowadays and when I do it's with credit from some game flips. If I were paying real cash I'd be more annoyed. But with the local area here considering tacking on their own 1-2% on top of the states' 6% I'll more than likely only buy stuff when I go to a neighboring county to get around that extra 1-2% since I feel the city here has squandered the money they already bring in via the other taxes and I'd rather not give them another cent to waste.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I still don't want your teddies!:lol:[/QUOTE]

That was one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had in a video game. That plus the Fruit Ninja clone with gore make this well worth the $10.

[quote name='Sonne']That was one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had in a video game. That plus the Fruit Ninja clone with gore make this well worth the $10.[/QUOTE]
lol i have to give the props for being creative :lol:

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but does GS have a print ad? I want to go to Target for a price match on Batman: AA because both GS and Best Buy are out of stock and it's the only store in my area that has it. As far as I know, though, Target will only price match a physical ad.

PICK THIS GAME UP! I haven't played a MK game for about 3 years. Just got a Vita and saw the deal for MK Vita :applause: so I picked it up. Wow! I cannot endorse this game enough. Graphics, controls, gameplay and believe it or not the story mode is great too! This is a steal!

[quote name='maxpower0965']Here is MK sound track acces code for anyone that wants it.

9v3q2dkg7rhynsfwfrcw

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

I just got MK VITA today how do I use your access code? Where do I enter it to redeem the music??

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI Witcher 2 for 360 is also part of this sale at $30.[/QUOTE]

Fantastic price :beer: for one of the best rpgs this gen

Need to pick up Witcher 2 and Batman AC GOTY -- but I keep thinking both will be cheaper pretty soon, and I have a giant backlog starting to rack up on my 360. Hard to believe I bought this console just 2 years ago, and I already have nearly 70 games for it :) Recently picked up Shadows of the Damned, Lollipop Chainsaw, Alice: Madness Returns, Gears of War 3, and LA Noire Complete Ed. Finished Chainsaw, deep into LA Noire and skimmed Alice. GoW3 still sealed :p

I think both of these will be $20 soon enough -- will bite as soon as they are.

Picked up MK Komplete, though -- love fighting games; not an MK fan but after seeing the GameTrailers review, I couldn't resist!

One of the main reasons why I picked uo Mortal Kombat was to practice and beat my friend. He dominates us in MvC3 but I wanna one up him in MK. ^.^

[quote name='Olengie']One of the main reasons why I picked uo Mortal Kombat was to practice and beat my friend. He dominates us in MvC3 but I wanna one up him in MK. ^.^[/QUOTE]
Lol kinda reminds me of my story, my friend is real big in fighters. He's been to EVO on countless occasions. Plays from Blaz Blue down to Virtua Fighter, so when MK was released I challenged him to a MK fight since it's really the only fighter I'm decent at.. Oh man, what a brutal massacre lol. It finally felt good to beat him, we did shadow matches with all characters that way he knew I wasn't "maining" just my fav char.

Think I won't all the fights except with my best character at that time, Reptile. Lol go figure.

Unbelievable, a manager denied me a return and rebuy Mk vita with a 5off I have from the rewardprogram. He stated I needed to go to the initial store to use the coupon..

bread's done
Back