Mortal Kombat Vita $10, Batman: AC GOTY $30, Batman: AA GOTY $10 Gamestop (Dead)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Batman: Arkham City GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (360/PS3) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360/PS3) $19.99
Witcher 2 (360) $29.99
Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $39.99
Dirt Showdown (360/PS3) $39.99

Used prices are also all discounted accordingly.

The link to the final week of the Gamestock 2012 sale can be found here.

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.

Update courtesy of

Esalw - MK Komplete sale is live already.
Tatum - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $10

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is MK Vita still sitting at 29.99 on the website while the other games had the discount applied?

[quote name='Donut2922']If you have the option on MK Komplete I recommend the Xbox version since the PSN netcode is too laggy for MP.[/QUOTE]
Don't know what you are talking about. I admit I have problems connecting to King of the Hill rooms, and it's gotten hard to find opponents without just going into a chat room and challenging everyone.

But once I finally get a game going I find the experience to be great, and largely lag free. Like any online game I do notice a bit of slowdown here or there when my opponent's signal is in the red but 95% of the time it's a pretty lag free experience.

Besides, buying the Xbox version is just dumb if they own a PS3 when PS3 version comes with an extra character.

Last edited:
[quote name='mitnosi']Is it just me or is MK Vita still sitting at 29.99 on the website while the other games had the discount applied?[/QUOTE]
When you choose the store pickup option it shows $9.99, it's the same for AA.

[quote name='inky1600']OK to each his own. I was totally wowed by this game as well as a handful of other Vita games, especially graphics wise. I would certainly hope the PS3 version looks better cuz if it didn't than that console is a true turd. To me it's apples and oranges cuz the consoles should always kich azz in that department. Personally, I compare Vita graphics to 3DS graphics and smartphone graphics and MK Vita looks pretty dam amazing in that context. Do you play alot of handheld games in general or mostly all console?[/QUOTE]
Does laptop count as handheld? :lol:
I have a 3DS but I've mostly been using that for MK7 online, I have tried out MK9 and Uncharted on Vita though. Honestly I found myself missing the 3D effects, Uncharted's touch screen nonsense, and was really turned off by how jaggy and sloppy MK9 looked, particularly the characters. If they'd just add the extra challenge tower missions as DLC (sans the touch based and gyroscope challenges of course) to the console games I'd be set.

That said I'd still have to say that MK9 is the best portable fighter available now. SSFIV 3D bugs the hell outta me with the shoulder button nonsense, and Dead or Alive Dimensions has a pretty sorry online system and frankly neither game isn't nearly as fun as MK9. I'm usually against rebuying games I already own, but for $10 I'd consider it if I owned a Vita.

Just walked into the GS they had a bunch of MK games and picked MK Vita for $5.43 after I used my $5 off coupon from GS Rewards.

[quote name='merchie89']Question: can you use power up rewards on a gamestock drop? getting NCAA for like $5 using a 20 coupon would be sweet[/QUOTE]

I would imagine so.

yeah, I just came from gamestop and picked up a copy of the vita MK for $10.

EDIT: Also saw in-store copies of AA and AC going for $10 and $30 respectively.

[quote name='kylerg']Is AC still trading for $15 base today?[/QUOTE]
I'd hope so but if not Amazon is accepting $20 for the PS3 version. What sucks is they are only taking $5 for the 360 version

[quote name='rcerboss']I'd hope so but if not Amazon is accepting $20 for the PS3 version. What sucks is they are only taking $5 for the 360 version[/QUOTE]

About to call to get the trade in value for Batman AC on 360 @ GS.

Edit: $10 It was $13 yesterday. Darn.
Edit 2: $10 at BestBuy + 50% trade in bonuse = $15

I'll get Best Buy to price match GS for Batman AC: GOTY.

Called. AC is $10.
The guy said yesterday it was $15 (damn having to move!)

But he thinks it will go back to $12 or so after the weekend. (Because of the sale).

[quote name='rcerboss']Does laptop count as handheld? :lol:
I have a 3DS but I've mostly been using that for MK7 online, I have tried out MK9 and Uncharted on Vita though. Honestly I found myself missing the 3D effects, Uncharted's touch screen nonsense, and was really turned off by how jaggy and sloppy MK9 looked, particularly the characters. If they'd just add the extra challenge tower missions as DLC (sans the touch based and gyroscope challenges of course) to the console games I'd be set.

That said I'd still have to say that MK9 is the best portable fighter available now. SSFIV 3D bugs the hell outta me with the shoulder button nonsense, and Dead or Alive Dimensions has a pretty sorry online system and frankly neither game isn't nearly as fun as MK9. I'm usually against rebuying games I already own, but for $10 I'd consider it if I owned a Vita.[/QUOTE]

^^Honestly Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is the Best Portable fighter out followed by MK then BlazeBlue.

Does MK Vita include any online codes/etc. that would make the new version better to get?

(I know it's better morally to get the new copy but considering how GS usually opens them and also that I bought the game twice on PS3 I think used might be ethically OK here.)

[quote name='merchie89']someone with a gamestop open, should check out if NCAA is indeed half off.[/QUOTE]

Can confirm did need an override though they might have took it out the system once the ones online sold out because earlier it was taking the half off online when I added to my cart just let the employee know that pre-owned sports games are half off according to the website that it's one of the deals for the last week of gamestock and they should go look it up on their computer and give it to you for the $22.50 that's how it played out for me. NCAA for PS3 and 360 and a couple copies of MK vita

[quote name='Rockinjs']Can confirm did need an override though they might have took it out the system once the ones online sold out because earlier it was taking the half off online when I added to my cart just let the employee know that pre-owned sports games are half off according to the website that it's one of the deals for the last week of gamestock and they should go look it up on their computer and give it to you for the $22.50 that's how it played out for me. NCAA for PS3 and 360 and a couple copies of MK vita[/QUOTE]

so you got an override, doesnt mean it techinally is confirmed. I can bet my localest store will deny an adjustment, they suck

Would you guys recommend I order online or in-store? I have my order "ready for pickup" but was hearing that many times they just reseal aka newsed in-store vs online where you should get it from warehouse so it's actually "new" new.. Honestly, I don't shop much at Gamestop but these deals are pretty good so figured I'd ask a more savvy GS user.

Sweet, bought MK from GS and went to BB to pricematch my receipt that was within 30 days when I pricematched at GS earlier when MK was $20. Got back $10 and used it for Batman AC GOTY, so got it for $20. Will return MK to GS tomorrow.

[quote name='merchie89']so you got an override, doesnt mean it techinally is confirmed. I can bet my localest store will deny an adjustment, they suck[/QUOTE]

Maybe I got lucky the girl that work at the one I went to is a little sweet on me maybe that's how I got her to do it with no problem she did look online and seen it said that though also on the page it says print deal as in to take in to the store to get them to honor it I think you shouldnt have a problem

http://www.gamestock2012.com/DealsOfTheWeek.aspx

show them that if they give you a problem

[quote name='Rockinjs']Maybe I got lucky the girl that work at the one I went to is a little sweet on me maybe that's how I got her to do it with no problem she did look online and seen it said that though also on the page it says print deal as in to take in to the store to get them to honor it I think you shouldnt have a problem

http://www.gamestock2012.com/DealsOfTheWeek.aspx

show them that if they give you a problem[/QUOTE]That's exactly what I'm going to do tomorrow with the :360: copy I picked up yesterday and :ps3: copy I'll hopefully pick up tomorrow. Unless they remove the promotion entirely, I don't see an argument for being denied an override on NCAA '13.

[quote name='doc_j88']^^Honestly Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is the Best Portable fighter out followed by MK then BlazeBlue.[/QUOTE]
lol no, not even close. MvC is crap, I'd recommend any of the other games I mentioned 100 times over before that one.

As for BlazeBlue, I've never tried it but I've heard it's a really bad port.

damn my 3rd shift job and GS not being open when I get off work/go into town for work! Hopefully I can get AA for $10 this weekend for my ps3...

Damn, there are no Gamestops close to me that has Batman AA new or used, which is odd. There are a couple but its a bit of a drive. I'll wait until the weekend to see if any come in.

Called BB CS earlier, price matched and put a order in for
iconps3.gif
AC GOTY and AA GOTY (which was the last copy) for in store pickup.

My friend ordered
iconps3.gif
AC GOTY and Vita MK online from GS.

Good deals.

Finally caught a good opportunity to move $140 of GS credit over to amazon. NCAA 13, FIFA 12, and vanilla Mortal Kombat all work well for this. Picked up a used :ps3:MK:K and MK vita for my collection.

Fellow cag's might want to know that the 50% sports games does not happen automatically in the system (at least not yet as of this morning). Thankfully the manager was helping me, knew about the promo, and did the manual markdowns.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Why isn't Amazon matching these prices? Are you jabronis submitting the price to them?[/QUOTE]

It wouldnt matter amazon has been sucking balls lately and they are my usual go to

[quote name='eXiON']Would you guys recommend I order online or in-store? I have my order "ready for pickup" but was hearing that many times they just reseal aka newsed in-store vs online where you should get it from warehouse so it's actually "new" new.. Honestly, I don't shop much at Gamestop but these deals are pretty good so figured I'd ask a more savvy GS user.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it was just bad luck but I once bought FFXIII on Xbox 360 new on GS.com and it came unsealed (but wasn't pre-owned based on the lack of scratches).

[quote name='Donut2922']Not sure if it was just bad luck but I once bought FFXIII on Xbox 360 new on GS.com and it came unsealed (but wasn't pre-owned based on the lack of scratches).[/QUOTE]

Welcome to buying from Gamestop.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Why isn't Amazon matching these prices? Are you jabronis submitting the price to them?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rockinjs']It wouldnt matter amazon has been sucking balls lately and they are my usual go to[/QUOTE]

It would matter if enough people submitted it. Amazon may have dropped the ball on setting sale prices but they aren't stupid enough to skip on matching them.

And I ain't no jabroni! :)

[quote name='Donut2922']Not sure if it was just bad luck but I once bought FFXIII on Xbox 360 new on GS.com and it came unsealed (but wasn't pre-owned based on the lack of scratches).[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, guess I'll just pick it up and save the shipping costs since I need to commute that way later today anyways. I'll just double check once I go pick them up, don't want to get one with DLC codes or something.

[quote name='ZaPpA_721']Sweet, bought MK from GS and went to BB to pricematch my receipt that was within 30 days when I pricematched at GS earlier when MK was $20. Got back $10 and used it for Batman AC GOTY, so got it for $20. Will return MK to GS tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Dude, just trade in MK at Best Buy, you get $20.80 with Gamer Unlocked, or $19.50 with just the 50% trade-in.

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Dude, just trade in MK at Best Buy, you get $20.80 with Gamer Unlocked, or $19.50 with just the 50% trade-in.[/QUOTE]

I totally forgot about that. Going to head to BB in a bit to see what I can get for it.

Update: Just like you said Sharkey. Got $20.80 for it at my local BB. Thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As a general rule, NEVER buy from GS online store unless it's a last resort. I can't tell you how many times I've went to the store and asked for a new game just for them to try to sell me a game out the cabinet inside a beat up display box without all the leaflets in it (apparently my local GS employee's aren't above stealing Club Nintendo coins or DLC/Online Pass codes).

And when you ask to see the disc and inserts before they hand it to you they act like you are the one being the ass.

[quote name='rcerboss']As a general rule, NEVER buy from GS online store unless it's a last resort. I can't tell you how many times I've went to the store and asked for a new game just for them to try to sell me a game out the cabinet inside a beat up display box without all the leaflets in it (apparently my local GS employee's aren't above stealing Club Nintendo coins or DLC/Online Pass codes).

And when you ask to see the disc and inserts before they hand it to you they act like you are the one being the ass.[/QUOTE]
I'm a little confused, so you mean I should avoid ordering online? Or order online instead? Since you do mention going to the store and asking for the game and whatnot. Good advice though, that's exactly what I'm afraid of, going back home to try the DLC and then BAM "Used" already and then I'm guessing I'm pretty much fucked since I would have no proof whatsoever that I wasn't the one that used it.

I don't know if already been mentioned but I saw a price sticker $29.99 for ffxiii-2 collector edition.

[quote name='eXiON']I'm a little confused, so you mean I should avoid ordering online? Or order online instead? Since you do mention going to the store and asking for the game and whatnot. Good advice though, that's exactly what I'm afraid of, going back home to try the DLC and then BAM "Used" already and then I'm guessing I'm pretty much fucked since I would have no proof whatsoever that I wasn't the one that used it.[/QUOTE]
Both. Even when you order online and have it shipped, new doesn't really mean new to them :roll:. I've heard stories like Donut's above where they buy new just to recieve an unsealed game with some pack-ins missing.

I've never actually gotten used DLC leaflets before, but they have tried to sell me "new games" without Online Passes and Club Nintendo Points before. I half expect they'll try to sell me a AC GOTY without the movie download whenever I get around to picking that up. And wasn't there some huge mess where the online store wasn't honoring the Xenoblade artbook? I know when I tried to pick mine up in store day 1 and I had to argue with the employees about it. I had to demand a refund/threaten to call corporate before they finally let up and gave me my artbook.

Between that and the fact that they almost never have decent sales, I just never go there anymore. Besides picking up a preorder of Skyward Sword CE and the preorder with Xenoblade Chronicles I honestly can't remember the last time I bought something from them.... I think it may have been F-Zero GX lol.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back