Most embarrassing trophy (it's for a joke)

Frankski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Hey all

I need the most embarrassing game/trophy someone can have in their trophy list. My friends and I all have each other's PSN names on our PS3s, and I want to find a weekend when one friend is out of town, use their name, and earn a bunch of trophies in a stupid game on their name. So what would be the most embarrassing game that one can have in their list (sidenote: that I can stand playing long enough to get a trophy).

Thanks a bunch!

-frank out-

UPDATE (7/24): I've basically decided that Hannah Montana needs to be the game. But my friend recently reset his PSN password (he never stays auto-logged in; he shares an apartment with another med student). He changed his password a few weeks ago and has now forgotten it. Time for some covert tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:
270365b.jpg

Hannah Montana, OR Terminator Salvation. Whoever bought Terminator Salvation is just a desperate trophy whore, or they actually liked Terminator Salvation.

Disney Sing It! Pop Hits
How to Train your Dragon
Ice Age 3
Hannah Montanna (of course)
Planet 51
Shrek Forever After

and of course, the worst of all has to be

Tony Hawk Ride! But good luck enjoying it.

Hmmm, Hannah Montana sounds like the best idea so far. Now, two questions: a) how cheaply can this be purchased/traded/given away, and b) how many brain cells will it take to really get a good number of these trophies (will I want to kill myself)?

[quote name='StillFree']Surprised no one suggested Damnation or one of the Cabela hunting games.[/QUOTE]

Can we please not talk about Damnation?

That game was so horrible and I was almost halfway through it.:cold:

LOL...

people give me a hard time for my Planet 51 and G-Force trophies.

but still I don't think those are as bad as Hannah Montana

[quote name='Frankski']Hmmm, Hannah Montana sounds like the best idea so far. Now, two questions: a) how cheaply can this be purchased/traded/given away, and b) how many brain cells will it take to really get a good number of these trophies (will I want to kill myself)?[/QUOTE]

They seem pretty simple.
http://www.allps3trophies.com/retail-games/hannah-montana-the-movie-trophies.html

"I bought this from TESCO for £11 & it’s the worst game i EVER played. After 4 hours i did get 97% of the trophies though
icon_smile.gif
. The last trophy i need requires 3 extra controllers & that SUCKS !!!"

Note: Someone else mentioned there that you can get that trophy by simply changing controller ports or something.

It's $15 used at Gamestop, and it'll end up around $15 shipped for a used copy on Amazon.

Godspeed, sir.

Don't listen to those "hard-core wanna be"

HM is embarrassing? Sure, only in the eye of beholders :lol: It's easy, YES. But embarrassing? NO!

You ever killed easy enemies to gain level/gold (grinding)? Well, same thing here. You want to level up, yes? You need trophies, duh! The platinum trophies net you more "experiences" and hence you level up faster. Is there a such thing as an "embarrassing" level 99 knight? You work for it... you put your time into it, it's a strategy, it's a personal gain thing, it's an experience in addition to playing games.

Do you ever feel shamed for using cheats? Do you ever feel shamed for using short cuts? Do you feel embarrassed pawning newbies? Well, i have no shame playing HM :) Because i'm a gamer and gaming all sort of games is my philosophy. The only bad games in my opinions are games without achievements/trophies.

I don't know if PS3 has it but 360 has a zero point achievement for dying X amount of times in Ninja Gaiden 2. Just get that trophy and no other to make it look like they couldn't even beat the first level.

Plus you get a sweet game.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I don't know if PS3 has it but 360 has a zero point achievement for dying X amount of times in Ninja Gaiden 2. Just get that trophy and no other to make it look like they couldn't even beat the first level.

Plus you get a sweet game.[/QUOTE]
NG Sigma for the PS3 never got a trophy patch, but NG Sigma 2 has trophies. The zero point achievements are pretty cool concept :) You can definitely make statements with those :lol:

There's no such thing as zero point trophies... All trophies have points toward the leveling up calculation. Hmmm, if people are bothered by HM trophies/achievements, i wonder what about those achievements/trophies require you to die or lower difficulties? Aren't those "embarrassing" as well?

[quote name='Serpentor']The only bad games in my opinions are games without achievements/trophies.[/QUOTE]

I just lost faith in the new generation.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Disney Sing It! Pop Hits
How to Train your Dragon
Ice Age 3
Hannah Montanna (of course)
Planet 51
Shrek Forever After

and of course, the worst of all has to be

Tony Hawk Ride! But good luck enjoying it.[/QUOTE]

I have platinum trophies for the bold games and i can tell you that they're not easy to get...

The Egg Rolling challenges in Ice Age 3 is somewhat broken. I believe the game's initial intend is to make the challenges with margin of 1-3 seconds to spare, but what the developers didn't factor in is that the timer kept going when the game loads! Hence, you must get a perfect run to unlock those trophies (i don't know if this is true for the achievements, didn't try this game on the Xbox 360).

In Planet 51, the desert racing task is really broken (round #8, 9 and 10)... You sort of have to figure out how to win on your own (staying #1 in the race is almost impossible, the AI is just too good!) If that's not anal enough, try the Chuck's perfect run challenge (w/o the PS3 button trick, you got to be a hell of master to accomplish it). Then there's that Rover's rock collection mission...

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I just lost faith in the new generation.[/QUOTE]

Well, to hell with the old farts :lol: Just joking, i have a lot of respect to older gamers. But old stuff are old stuff, they're boring... Portable CD players? Do anyone use those anymore? Not even the old generation :lol:

[quote name='defmonkey05']Can we please not talk about Damnation?

That game was so horrible and I was almost halfway through it.:cold:[/QUOTE]

I beat that game... The controls are horrible! But you know what? After giving this game a little bit more time (i was trying to unlock the trophies), it wasn't that bad. I'm planning to platinum this one when the game hits dirt cheap price (like $1 :lol:)

Probably any Trophy in Pain. Not only do you basically need to pay money for every single Trophy in the game, but they're insanely hard to get as well. If you had to pay to get a Trophy in Pain, you suck.

Before wasting time and money on this little endeavor you should find out if your friends would actually be embarrassed by the trophies they have on PSN. I know I wouldn't be.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']^This... People still give me a hard time for having it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hanah Montana gives me a hard.....time

[quote name='Morphx2']Hanah Montana gives me a hard.....time[/QUOTE]

You got to be kidding me... I can understand Tomb Raider, but HM? You need help :lol: I get your joke ;)

Seriously, HM is easy to plat, but by no mean it's embarrassing. At least the game is not broken like most other kids oriented games. The most difficult challenge in HM was the throwing mini-game... It's probably easier on the Xbox because the PS3 version requires SIXAXIS motion. The same goes to Godfather II (the execution moves require tilting the controllers, pain in the ass).

Serpentor...yes Hannah Montana is embarrasing if you are a straight male of any age. Yes, Damnation is AWFUL. Not bad, AWFUL. I actualy would be more embarased to have that platinum than the HM plat. Why put yourself through torture to plat that game? I tried it to see how bad it is...I coudnt get through level 2.

Having said all that, I am an older gamer (30) and enjoy getting trophies. If I have the choice to play a game with or without trophies, I pick the trophy game first. I just cant play bad games just to get them!

[quote name='wrencrest']Serpentor...yes Hannah Montana is embarrasing if you are a straight male of any age. Yes, Damnation is AWFUL. Not bad, AWFUL. I actualy would be more embarased to have that platinum than the HM plat. Why put yourself through torture to plat that game? I tried it to see how bad it is...I coudnt get through level 2.

Having said all that, I am an older gamer (30) and enjoy getting trophies. If I have the choice to play a game with or without trophies, I pick the trophy game first. I just cant play bad games just to get them![/QUOTE]

Im in the middle of Season 3 of Gossip Girls :p

Okay okay, HM is embarrassing, sheesh... Can't a gamer just defend his/her philosophies? Why is that it's a taboo for boys to play with Barbies and there's nothing wrong with girl playing GI Joes? If you guys don't wanna play HM is fine... But nevertheless it's a game and it's meant to be played. I have no shame of adding HM trophies in my collection, it does not tarnish anything (IMO) and most importantly, i don't mind the world know that I played HM.

Definition of a bad game is subjective... I have not encounter a bad game since i started collecting trophies/achievements (maybe Alone in the Dark, but I might get back to it). Believe it or not, some people do like Damnation.

[quote name='javeryh']Before wasting time and money on this little endeavor you should find out if your friends would actually be embarrassed by the trophies they have on PSN. I know I wouldn't be.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. Who the fuck cares about some Hannah Montana trophies?

[quote name='Serpentor']Okay okay, HM is embarrassing, sheesh... Can't a gamer just defend his/her philosophies? Why is that it's a taboo for boys to play with Barbies and there's nothing wrong with girl playing GI Joes? If you guys don't wanna play HM is fine... But nevertheless it's a game and it's meant to be played. I have no shame of adding HM trophies in my collection, it does not tarnish anything (IMO) and most importantly, i don't mind the world know that I played HM.

Definition of a bad game is subjective... I have not encounter a bad game since i started collecting trophies/achievements (maybe Alone in the Dark, but I might get back to it). Believe it or not, some people do like Damnation.[/QUOTE]
Everything is subjective...no biggie, dont worry about it.
[quote name='lmz00']Seriously. Who the fuck cares about some Hannah Montana trophies?[/QUOTE]
See the guy above...someone always cares.

[quote name='wrencrest']Everything is subjective...no biggie, dont worry about it.

See the guy above...someone always cares.[/QUOTE]
:lol: so true... Anyway, i'm way pass that. It took a lot of courage to play HM you know :) Like i've said before, even within the family, it was shameful... I can never forgive myself for making an impulsive comment when one of the kids said "he's playing Hannah Montana again and he's riding the pony" and I replied "it's not a pony, it's a horse! He's name is Blue Jean!" Okay... after that, i think no other trophies can be more embarrassing than what i've said...

Cheer up, life suppose to be fun :)

[quote name='javeryh']Before wasting time and money on this little endeavor you should find out if your friends would actually be embarrassed by the trophies they have on PSN. I know I wouldn't be.[/QUOTE]

I feel most definitely (at least the friend who I'm going to prank with it). I would buy it and return it, but full realization of this prank requires me keep the game awhile. I plan to boot up his PSN name and simply start the game. And then wait. It should drive him crazy that all of a sudden, Hannah Montana at 0% shows up in his profile. I plan on letting that sit for a long time. And then one weekend (grits teeth) I plan to platinum it for him. Again, probably wouldnt bother a bunch of people, but this will drive him crazy.

[quote name='Frankski']I feel most definitely (at least the friend who I'm going to prank with it). I would buy it and return it, but full realization of this prank requires me keep the game awhile. I plan to boot up his PSN name and simply start the game. And then wait. It should drive him crazy that all of a sudden, Hannah Montana at 0% shows up in his profile. I plan on letting that sit for a long time. And then one weekend (grits teeth) I plan to platinum it for him. Again, probably wouldnt bother a bunch of people, but this will drive him crazy.[/QUOTE]

:lol: sounds like a good buddy prank :) something to laugh about for years to come :lol: If he's a serious gamer (one of those refuse to have "tarnish" record, don't do it, he simply can't take the hit).

If it was me, i actually thank you for giving me a platinum :) But seriously, come to think of it, between you and your buddy, i think the prank is on you :lol: since you're the one actually played HM, not him...

[quote name='Frankski']I feel most definitely (at least the friend who I'm going to prank with it). I would buy it and return it, but full realization of this prank requires me keep the game awhile. I plan to boot up his PSN name and simply start the game. And then wait. It should drive him crazy that all of a sudden, Hannah Montana at 0% shows up in his profile. I plan on letting that sit for a long time. And then one weekend (grits teeth) I plan to platinum it for him. Again, probably wouldnt bother a bunch of people, but this will drive him crazy.[/QUOTE]

Having 0% on it would be more frustrating then having free trophies. It'd be like " fuck I have this game on my trophy list, AND nothing to show for it?"

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Having 0% on it would be more frustrating then having free trophies. It'd be like " fuck I have this game on my trophy list, AND nothing to show for it?"[/QUOTE]
Thats actually an excellent point. I cant wait for an update to allow us to delete games off our lists. I have some 0% games becuase I never intended to play them.

Just to chime in: Lacking trophies does not make a game bad, but it's hard to play non-trophy PS3 games, Wii games, and older stuff now that I'm used to achievements. I'm no achievement whore- my Gamerscore is 27,000 even though I own enough games for it to be far more- but those things are addicting.

As for Hannah Montana, the show isn't bad, and she's a cute little slut.

If it were the 360 I'd recommend The Simpsons Game. You get an achievement for pressing the Start button.

Unfortunately the PS3 version doesn't come with trophy support.

[quote name='Gden']Suprised no one's said that stupid Bakugan game, that'd be pretty embarassing.[/QUOTE]

Hey! That's on my list! I haven't play the game yet, but i have the game on the shelf, planning to platinum it :)

I read that the AI is actually pretty tough, so we'll see... Kid's games are all easy to plat you know.

[quote name='Serpentor']Okay okay, HM is embarrassing, sheesh... Can't a gamer just defend his/her philosophies? Why is that it's a taboo for boys to play with Barbies and there's nothing wrong with girl playing GI Joes? If you guys don't wanna play HM is fine... But nevertheless it's a game and it's meant to be played. I have no shame of adding HM trophies in my collection, it does not tarnish anything (IMO) and most importantly, i don't mind the world know that I played HM.

Definition of a bad game is subjective... I have not encounter a bad game since i started collecting trophies/achievements (maybe Alone in the Dark, but I might get back to it). Believe it or not, some people do like Damnation.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, this guy played with Barbies when he was a kid.

Anyways, the only game that is embarrassing to have in your trophy list is Hannah Montana. Every other game is fine.

Also, if you really want to get him, leave Hannah Montana at 0 or 1%. That way, it looks like he wanted to play it for the game itself and not just the easy trophies and if he's a loser and a 0% bothers him, you're basically forcing him to play the game.

[quote name='Scorch']
270365b.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I second that motion. You can get a really easy platnium on it also so it would stick out like a sore thumb.

[quote name='IRHari'] Whoever bought Terminator Salvation is just a desperate trophy whore, or they actually liked Terminator Salvation.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. Nice judgemental attitude there by the way. I bought it for 5 bucks because it was well, 5 bucks. I played it and beat it in about 4 hours. Yeah game sucks but for 5 dollars I gave it a shot. I didnt do it for trophies.

UPDATE: My friend recently reset his PSN password (he never stays auto-logged in; he shares an apartment with another med student). He changed his password a few weeks ago and has now forgotten it. Time for some covert tactics.

[quote name='DrNo888']Is there a game you dont like Serpentor?[/QUOTE]

Of course, Wall-E, Bolt, Madagascar, Monopoly, all Harry Potter games(not Half Blood and Lego years 1-4), Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones (not the second one) ... i don't like those... you get the pciture :)

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']I just lost faith in the new generation.[/QUOTE]

He gives Serpentor a bad name... The Commander is not pleased.

Whenever someone has less platinums than me and one of them is Hannah Montana, I know they're sad because there were a ton of games for them to choose from and they chose Hannah Montana.

If you're gonna platinum Hannah Montana, at least get a few really hard platinums to make up for it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Whenever someone has less platinums than me and one of them is Hannah Montana, I know they're sad because there were a ton of games for them to choose from and they chose Hannah Montana.

If you're gonna platinum Hannah Montana, at least get a few really hard platinums to make up for it.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't really matter... There are always people have more platinum trophies than me, so i don't really care. I rarely use trophy comparison. But i do look at the level# and # of trophies.

To see what the platinum trophies are, you have to do comparison, i don't have that kind of time or patience. What other people play shouldn't be anyone's business really. There are people play with just one "family id." That is, one PSN or Xbox 360 id for the entire family. One of my friends does that... He plays MW2, W@W, inFamous etc., but his kids play Lego Batman, Cloudy with Chance of Meatball etc. under the same id... Another guy i know let his daughters play LBP.

I just play... I don't have patience for a lot of things, especially games. But trophy/achievement really slow things down a bit and it actually make me try things i don't like or normally skip. Believe it not, a lot of games are actually fun, like Cabela's Hunt.

People might think Red Dead Redemption is cool, but on the contrary, I think it's long and time consuming. 1% RDR and 1% GTA IV for me, that says a lot about me already :lol:

bread's done
Back