Most Memorable CAG Villain 2011

[quote name='shrike4242']I wonder if we'll have another year where someone wins it posthumously because they've been banned.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Gotta be Gargus! That's my vote, anyway.

I actually found Gargus (and even Fire_Thief) amusing because it seemed like, regardless of what they posted, a huge shitstorm would follow.

Gargus

Though IATCG is a close second.

It seems like all of the users who posted regularly in the Wii forum with actual good posts were total jackholes elsewhere on the site and got banned... SuperPhillip, Atlantis, a few others I'm too lazy to look up.

[quote name='OmniscientlyMe']Gamestop - They open your games and steal your freebies.[/QUOTE]

Oops wrong thread haha

[quote name='Strell']I like the way you think you magnificent son of a bitch![/QUOTE]

That's right. I knew it would only be a matter of time before you wandered in here and we had a showdown. :boxing:

[quote name='tylerh1701']Motherfodder or whatever, for trolling the hell out of one of the Best Buy big sale threads. Pages and pages were dedicated to his jackassery. He deserved his temp ban, if not more.[/QUOTE]

I second this, especially because he posts fake codes claiming they are real in free stuff threads. I've reported him at least once, and possibly twice for it. He was also kind of a dick with the Hastings thread before kodave took over.

I actually like Gargus and SuperPhillip. I agreed with Gargus about mass commemorations concerning celebrities dying when over 50,000 people die every day, and I remember posting that on several threads--although he forced his point more than I did. And SuperPhillip was pretty comical; I only feel like he got sick of how many idiots visit CAG and began lashing out. I can relate to that. I seem to be ignoring people way more often than I used to.

I would also like to nominate "people who talk about Dragon Age, especially Dragon Age 2".

Because I see people discussing those games and then suddenly it's two hours later and I've filled up the page. fuck you guys.

[quote name='kodave']Though IATCG is a close second.[/QUOTE]
Oh cmon. I'm not first?;) Some people 'get' me and some people don't. For those, may I suggest the IGNORE feature? It's absolutely wonderful and has eliminated many of the arguments I would have likely otherwise had with those people who don't like what I have to say.;)
[quote name='Muthafodder']I'm honored to have made the list.

I'd like to thank all of those that have supported me.[/QUOTE]
I'm shocked I haven't had any straight up nominations as of yet. Though technically I did 'win' last year, since Fire_Thief was already banned and Cheapy essentially was DQ'd by being the owner of the site. Although this is an 'honor' I'm not so sure I want to win.:whistle2:# At least not until I get my Snidely Whiplash mustache fully grown and perfect my evil sneer.:D

Muthafodder - Condescending, hording/flipping/bragging.

ShadowSx - For buying 60 copies of the fable HC and not reporting how he did it in the reduced guide thread/withholding information from fellow CAGs.

[quote name='slowdive21']Muthafodder - Condescending, hording/flipping/bragging.

ShadowSx - For buying 60 copies of the fable HC and not reporting how he did it in the reduced guide thread/withholding information from fellow CAGs.[/QUOTE]
I've honestly withheld information I knew weeks/months before it was openly posted on CAG about some deals(example: the $14.99 in-store pricing on the :ps3:Black Ops Prestige Editions).

Why? Because once a deal gets out then it dries up within days(sometimes hours) due to people grabbing everything they can. Do I grab everything I can? If it's a good enough deal, then I most definitely do, since someone will always want to trade/buy from me for something I have that has some decent value to them.

As for the condescending/sarcastic/bragging/flipping discussions and behavior, there is an ignore feature, which makes all of those comments/posts you don't wanna see go away for good.

Gargus most definitely.

Second, would be Rolling Skull though I like reading his posts in the Steam forum.

He secretly loves the indie games he bashes. ;)

Gargus. Unfortunately I see a lot of other people following his "example" with the not a deal garbage though, it's incredibly annoying.

This category always amuses me because people have no real clue what a true forum villain is like. No clue at all.

[quote name='kube00']So what happened with SuperPhillip he used to blog a bunch right?

Im sure someone with nominate IATCG but he's been quieter this year. I'll go with killbomb confoosius seems to rub people the wrong way[/QUOTE]

I only rub idiots the wrong way so I'm ok with that.

[quote name='The Crotch']The guy that spoiled the ending of Red Dead Redemption for me.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

----

Gargus is gonna win this year easily. God forbid anyone post that someone of note died.

Motherfodder comes in second for being a complete douche in the BB thread which was other wise awesome.

Also - what exactly is there to "get" about IATCG? The same stories that no one gives a rats ass about over and over and over? The obsessive need to use 20 smilies per post? Can someone fill me in on the "schtick" that I'm missing?

[quote name='confoosious']I only rub idiots the wrong way so I'm ok with that.

:lol:

----

Gargus is gonna win this year easily. God forbid anyone post that someone of note died.

Motherfodder comes in second for being a complete douche in the BB thread which was other wise awesome.

Also - what exactly is there to "get" about IATCG? The same stories that no one gives a rats ass about over and over and over? The obsessive need to use 20 smilies per post? Can someone fill me in on the "schtick" that I'm missing?[/QUOTE]

IATCG doesn't bother me, you don't bother me as much either. I don't get why everybody hates gargus. I know he was the 'not a deal' guy, but that hardly seems like enough to call him a villain.

[quote name='confoosious']Also - what exactly is there to "get" about IATCG? The same stories that no one gives a rats ass about over and over and over? The obsessive need to use 20 smilies per post? Can someone fill me in on the "schtick" that I'm missing?[/QUOTE]
Obsession....it's not just a perfume by Calvin Klein anymore.:lol:;)

As for my comment about people not 'getting' me, in the words of Foghorn Leghorn: "I say, I say it was a joke, son. A joke."

But hey, continue as you were with your mancrush of me. Who am I to judge?:booty:

[quote name='slowdive21'] I don't get why everybody hates gargus. I know he was the 'not a deal' guy, but that hardly seems like enough to call him a villain.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was the "not a deal" stuff that everyone hated. It was the fact that whenever someone famous died and someone posted about it in the OT forum, he would start crying about how someone he knew died and nobody started a thread about it. I can't remember which famous people died before he got banned but every single time, he would threadcrap.

I understand that he didn't like celebrity worship in this country and if it was just like someone vacuous and useless like Kim Kardashian, I'd understand. But the guy who cured cancer died, Gargus would still bitch about the fact that the dude didn't deserve a thread of his own because his sister's brother's cousin's roommate also died last week and nobody cared about him.

IATCCG - I don't think that word (mancrush) means what you think it means. Also, you should try a new comeback since that one is wearing oh so thin. But then again, you were never known for being original. By the way, nice going on alerting the publishers of the games guides about shenanigans in your area just because you couldn't find penny guides anymore. Way to drag everyone else around the country down just because you couldn't make money on the guides yourself. Idiot. I love how your solution to everything is "I'm gonna continue to be an ahole so instead of me not being an ahole, everyone on the site can just use the ignore function."

[quote name='confoosious']IATCCG - I don't think that word (mancrush) means what you think it means. Also, you should try a new comeback since that one is wearing oh so thin. But then again, you were never known for being original. By the way, nice going on alerting the publishers of the games guides about shenanigans in your area just because you couldn't find penny guides anymore. Way to drag everyone else around the country down just because you couldn't make money on the guides yourself. Idiot. I love how your solution to everything is "I'm gonna continue to be an ahole so instead of me not being an ahole, everyone on the site can just use the ignore function."[/QUOTE]
Definition #3: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mancrush

I only say it because it just seems like you're always there to make some sorta comment on something I say. It's like you have a sixth sense when I besmirch something you hold dear(Kmart deals, for example) and you MUST make a comment on it.

But yeah, the guide thing was a definite oopsie on my part. I did it initially to stop the flow of guides to someone reselling them since I was not able to buy them myself to either trade here or sell/trade to Amazon or their customers via my store there. So it was selfish of me, but as you've said already that's my MO, right?

As for telling people to put me on ignore if they don't like what I have to say, why is that so wrong? They end up NOT seeing what I'm saying(unless they click on the 'see post' link) and as such cannot get 'offended' by it. It's a win-win. But I think some folks just can't NOT respond to a post that they feel is "offensive". It's like a form of OCD.

Can we get some examples of the nominees' quality work? I'm not familiar with gargus (the name is familiar, but nothing else)...

bread's done
Back