Motor City Machine Guns/Beer Money 2010 tag team feud of the year wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
While no one really equates DDP with TNA (he wasn't even there long enough for the proverbial cup of coffee), Sting, although not currently employed with, is certainly associated with TNA. Booker T as well, but to a much lesser extent since he was only there for a year.

[quote name='Chronis']:roll:[/QUOTE]

Why the eye roll...none of them are currently in TNA. DDP also signed a deal with Mattel to make figures of him already which is probably a good sign given all of the Mattel figure ads in SvR11.

I will give you Sting...but even his status is up in the air at this point.

I haven't watched TNA in forever, so i didn't even know Sting and Booker are there anymore. But even then, like neocisco said, they are definitely associated with the name now. And in my mind, I associate DDP with TNA cuz I liked his theme there so much better than his others...

Booker's long gone from TNA. I pretty much ignored everything he did from King Booker on.

The main event mafia idea was fine, but not particularly skillfully executed.

In retrospect, compared to Immortal and the Ric Flair Group What Does the Shocker Instead of the Four Horsemen Gesture - the MEM was a fuckin' Rembrandt painting by comparison.

That was funny stuff, Beef - but did it do anything for TNA as a company, or their talent?

Speaking of which, Colt Cabana mentioned on his blog that he and some other dudes do MST3K style commentary on wrestling matches and sell the DVDs. Any idea what website that is? I'd love to see those.

[quote name='mykevermin']That was funny stuff, Beef - but did it do anything for TNA as a company, or their talent?

Speaking of which, Colt Cabana mentioned on his blog that he and some other dudes do MST3K style commentary on wrestling matches and sell the DVDs. Any idea what website that is? I'd love to see those.[/QUOTE]
At the most, it helped them put over MEM as a threat. At worst, it was hilariously bad entertainment. It still didn't do shit for the company though. :lol:

I tried searching for "colt cabana, mst3k" hoping to find something, but my Google-Fu is weak tonight. Our lovely little thread was the 5th result, however. 'Grats, neocisco!

Watching Smackdown, I came up with a question...

Has someone ever gotten the first two falls and won without going to three falls? I know they always go to the third for suspense, but I think it would be interesting if someone won the first two, and they didn't even need the third.

[quote name='Astinus Majere']Watching Smackdown, I came up with a question...

Has someone ever gotten the first two falls and won without going to three falls? I know they always go to the third for suspense, but I think it would be interesting if someone won the first two, and they didn't even need the third.[/QUOTE]

MVP beat Crispin Wah two falls in a row for the US Title at Judgment Day '07.

[quote name='mykevermin']Speaking of which, Colt Cabana mentioned on his blog that he and some other dudes do MST3K style commentary on wrestling matches and sell the DVDs. Any idea what website that is? I'd love to see those.[/QUOTE]

http://highspots.tv/?s=5+dollar+wrestling&x=0&y=0

a whole 5 eps

highspots.com is pretty sweet.. everything from action figures to turnbuckle pads.. lots of lucha masks for pretty cheap

man i wish saucy jack was still around.. http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=12334

[quote name='Astinus Majere']Watching Smackdown, I came up with a question...

Has someone ever gotten the first two falls and won without going to three falls? I know they always go to the third for suspense, but I think it would be interesting if someone won the first two, and they didn't even need the third.[/QUOTE]

If I recall awhile ago, I think Stunning Steve Austin Beat the Natural Dustin Rhodes for the U.S. Title awhile ago by winning the first two pin falls. I recall the match being remembered for the whole arena going dark during the 2nd fall. Can anyone else elaborate?

For those last few months it seemed Booker was getting a shitload of money to wear a track suit, play putt putt, and occasionally have a tag team match.

[quote name='Purple Flames']MVP beat Crispin Wah two falls in a row for the US Title at Judgment Day '07.[/QUOTE]
Mother fuck, I'm in tears over "Crispin Wah." :rofl:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Mother fuck, I'm in tears over "Crispin Wah." :rofl:[/QUOTE]

I haven't regularly watched wrestling for years and I don't know chronologically what happened, but was there seriously a Crispin Wah?!? Seems like it'd be a bit controversial, but it is wrestling.

~_

Edit: Nevermind, not a second wrestler. I'll just leave this here anyways. No point in covering up my ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sykotek']I haven't regularly watched wrestling for years and I don't know chronologically what happened, but was there seriously a Crispin Wah?!? Seems like it'd be a bit controversial, but it is wrestling.

~_

Edit: Nevermind, not a second wrestler. I'll just leave this here anyways. No point in covering up my ignorance.[/QUOTE]

commonsense.jpg

Also, if your google search came across this little gem, you should have posted it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090127013235AA8sM1D

Last edited by a moderator:
So, TNA has a PPV tonight.

Their champion, Jeff Hardy, is not wrestling on the show.

Discuss: good idea or not? Does the title have to be up for grabs every PPV? Does the Champion have to wrestle on every PPV (i.e., not a title defense, but say involvement in a tag match or somesuch)?

I'm kinda okay with the champ not wrestling, but at the same time, the #1 challenger scene is a bit cloudy, both with RVD (if he wins) and Morgan/Anderson (whomever wins) becoming #1 Challengers. I can't imagine the booking didn't catch that their PPV might end with 2 #1 contenders resulting from 2 different matches. Seems like sloppy work to me.

That said, the PPV lineup looks good. Styles/Williams could be an amazing wrestling match, Morgan and Anderson could put on a good main event brawl if it weren't for the inevitable run-in plus general manager plus botched script clusterfuck ending that TNA is known for. Ray v Devon is semi-satisfying, I suppose - I don't want to see it, but I can imagine people do. Beer Money vs MCMG is likely to be an excellent match; these dudes, if they toned down the overly choreographed spots, could put on a match like Midnight Express vs Rock N Roll Express.

It's not a bad show on the whole, but I don't trust TNA to do the right thing production and booking wise.

Think of it this way: I know nothing about Magic the Gathering cards. You can put the best deck imaginable in my hands, and if I were to win a hand (game?), that would be a total fluke. TNA has that hand in that their roster is incredible. I just don't think they know what to do with it.

A #1 contender's match as a main event, with the hype TNA has given it, still seems to me to be more in the realm of a "Clash of the Champions" show than a PPV.

I have a greater dilema concerning tonights TNA ppv.

I only watch wrasslin ppv's via streams on the net. I know, I know, it's wrong, blash blah blah. Anyways, tonights ppv really isn't jumping out and saying "Hey watch me!!" like usual, and I have gotten back into playing WoW. Now if this was a WWE ppv the choice would be a no brainer. However, it's a pretty much lame duck TNA ppv, and with most feeds running software that doesnt work on the PS3 browser..... I dunno.

What to do, what to do. If only TNA could make things more can't miss.....

Wow, is the game still $20 at Walmart (I'll check myself, rhetorical question)? If so, I might get it just to turn it into Nitro 2011.

Myke the Mattel WWE Legends series with Demolition is out now, found some at K-Mart. Picked up George Steele for myself, they didn't have Smash or I probably would have bought both Demolition members.

I dunno how legit pwpix.net is, but I saw this headline while on LOP...

The widespread belief that Paul Levesque is unscrupulous and power hungry has provoked much skepticism over the sincerity of his feelings towards World Wrestling Entertainment creative chief Stephanie McMahon, who ultimately became his wife and mother of his children. Even Kevin Nash, a close friend of Levesque's, hinted at what is largely assumed.
When asked in a 2007 interview if he was surprised by his former protege's rise to power, he chuckled. "Nah, why would I [be]? You can't determine who you fall in love with," Nash said with a sly smile.
Former WWE writer Dan Madigan recalled sharing a limo with the McMahon family and Triple H in which he witnessed Vince snuggling Stephanie to sleep in his arms, then falling asleep himself, and catching Levesque looking at them nuzzling each other with a mixture of utter contempt and spectacular triumph.
"The one thing I wonder about Triple H is: how could you love Steph?" says Madigan. "It's a work man. Lemme tell you a story.
"I was riding in the McMahon family limo. Stephanie was sleeping in Vince's arms in that creepy way that starts all those rumors about them. I caught Triple H watching Stephanie nuzzled into her father like a baby, and, lemme tell you, the look I saw wasn't a look of love. It was this contemptuous, objectifying look, like: yeah, I got it, I got the world in my hands, I got the prize ham at the fair. It was an ugly look. Our eyes met for a second, and he laughed and shrugged, like he dropped the act for a second and he didn't give a shit that I noticed."

And yes, I did picture Steph and Vince doing that but I can't picture HHH acting as he did. If I were her husband, I'd be creeped out....because you still gotta fuck that

[quote name='Mr. Beef']I tried searching for "colt cabana, mst3k" hoping to find something, but my Google-Fu is weak tonight. Our lovely little thread was the 5th result, however. 'Grats, neocisco![/QUOTE]

I just tried it and we came in first. Hotness!

[quote name='Purple Flames']MVP beat Crispin Wah two falls in a row for the US Title at Judgment Day '07.[/QUOTE]

I actually lol'd. Maybe I should change my XBL gamertag to that.

[quote name='diddy310']Myke the Mattel WWE Legends series with Demolition is out now[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be on the lookout for them - but I'll also pay someone to ship them plus a little something b/c I don't know where a K-Mart is in Philly, let alone have the time to scour it for Demolition figures. The closest chance I have is at Target.

NJPW wrestlers confirmed for the US shows. I'm soooooo there.

*New IWGP champion Hiroshi Tanahashi
*IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion Prince Devitt
*IWGP Tag Team champions Karl Anderson & Giant Bernard
*Gedo
*Jado
*Jushin "Thunder" Liger
*Tiger Mask IV
*Satoshi Kojima
*Toru Yano
*Kenny Omega
*Homicide
*Low Ki
*Yujiro Takahashi
* Tetsuya Naito
*Mitsuhide Hirasawa
*Togi Makabe
*Yujiro Takahashi
*Tetsuya Naito
*Togi Makabe
*Kazuchika Okada
*Shinsuke Nakamura

Jeff Hardy's going to likely face ZERO jail time.

Based on statements made by Moore County District Attorney Maureen Kruger, the judge administrating Jeff Hardy's current legal case, the expectation is that the TNA World Heavyweight Champion's negotiated plea will result in the drug trafficking charge being dropped (which carries a mandatory prison sentence), but that he'll plead guilty to possession. Should the drug trafficking charge be dropped, it is likely that he will face penalties via fines and probation since he's a first-time drug offender, thus avoiding jail time.

Also, RVD's got a mystery opponent tonight. You know where this is going.

Yeah. I saw the spoilers on the mystery opponent, and while I'm not surprised I'm definitely disappointed.

Prowrestling.net just reported someone is backstage.

"I am the Hunger that dooms Worlds. I am Matt Hardy"*

*apologies to Galactus. :)

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Spoiler concerning the TNA card tonight:
AJ Styles is injured; will be replaced by Abyss.
[/QUOTE]

Oh goddamit.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Spoiler concerning the TNA card tonight:
AJ Styles is injured; will be replaced by Abyss.
[/QUOTE]
Any chance of this PPV having any decent matches just went to shit it looks like. Definitely not watching now.

When I think of quality wrestlers that could fill the spot left by AJ against Williams, Abyss is just behind Christy Hemme and just ahead of Jerry Sags.

-- TNA Wrestling president Dixie Carter said on Twitter that a new face is present at tonight's Genesis pay-per-view. "A new face backstage tonight," she wrote. "I hope he is here for the right reasons."
Hi, I'm the president of the company and I don't know how this guy got backstage.

With all the Matt Hardy hate and negativity I really hope he pulls through on everything he's been saying and puts on a great match with RVD. For the most part he's always been a great and solid wrestler, and despite the somewhat childish/immature way he's been acting recently I'm still a fan and would love to see him go out there and kick ass.

Taz and his shitty commentary makes Micheal Cole sound like vintage Gordon Solie. How many times can one dipshit refer to "pigeons" in a single sentence? Also, since when does a pigeon in any way hold any type of reference to a boob? God, Taz makes me miss the days of Don West as color commentator.

Hah...nice TNA...didn't even get a camera shot of her loading up the glove...if they even bothered to give her anything to put in it.

[quote name='diddy310']Hah...nice TNA...didn't even get a camera shot of her loading up the glove...if they even bothered to give her anything to put in it.[/QUOTE]

They actually did. It was just so absurd that no one knew what the hell was going on. She did some kind of shimmy to drop it from her shoulder, down her sleeve and in to her glove. Yep.

Yall are spending your sunday nights watching that awful crap?

*leaves thread.....comes back tomorrow when a halfway decent program is being discussed*

[quote name='crr_1119']They actually did. It was just so absurd that no one knew what the hell was going on. She did some kind of shimmy to drop it from her shoulder, down her sleeve and in to her glove. Yep.[/QUOTE]

Wow..no wonder they didn't show it in the replay...they only showed the part I saw initially where she was really excited about wearing a glove.

[quote name='strongpimphand']Yall are spending your sunday nights watching that awful crap?

*leaves thread.....comes back tomorrow when a halfway decent program is being discussed*[/QUOTE]

Whatever will we do without your well-informed, thoughtful insights?

Okay I haven't watched TNA in eons but did I just see a backstage promo of JJ pushing for some kind of (fake) MMA "exhibition" match tonight? Good god no wonder why I don't watch this company any more. Yeah the MCMG/Beer Money match was great but damn.... when its surrounded by shit like (fake) MMA and that shitty Bubba vs D-Von match....

I can't wait for ROH tomorrow. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back