Motor City Machine Guns/Beer Money 2010 tag team feud of the year wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the party for the TNA ppv tonight but....

So Matt Hardy debuted tonight, way to be more obvious than WWE

[quote name='Demolition Man']Okay I haven't watched TNA in eons but did I just see a backstage promo of JJ pushing for some kind of (fake) MMA "exhibition" match tonight? Good god no wonder why I don't watch this company any more. Yeah the MCMG/Beer Money match was great but damn.... when its surrounded by shit like (fake) MMA and that shitty Bubba vs D-Von match....

I can't wait for ROH tomorrow. That is all.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Fake MMA Jarrett is pretty funny. Not only is it funny but he is playing the cowardly/not very good but still pulls out the win (most likely by cheating) heel.

LMAO!! Got to love the production value of TNA when they screw up and pan to Angle and show him pulling out the razor so he can blade.....

Maybe instead of hiring some of WWE's released wrasslers they should try to steal some of their camera guys and production crew.

This is the second time they've done that too. When Rhino faced RVD at the last PPV, or the one before that can't remember, the camera showed Rhino blading.

[quote name='Sporadic']Actually, Fake MMA Jarrett is pretty funny. Not only is it funny but he is playing the cowardly/not very good but still pulls out the win (most likely by cheating) heel.[/QUOTE]

Sorry but to me its Wrestlecrap. I tune into wrestling to watch wrestling not fake MMA crap. Oh and great job TNA on showing Angle blade. Epic fucking fail.

[quote name='Sporadic']Actually, Fake MMA Jarrett is pretty funny. Not only is it funny but he is playing the cowardly/not very good but still pulls out the win (most likely by cheating) heel.[/QUOTE]

Still not as funny as TNA having JJ as their World Champion! That showed right there that TNA doesn't drug test!

[quote name='mogamer']Still not as funny as TNA having JJ as their World Champion! That showed right there that TNA doesn't drug test![/QUOTE]

Don't forget that JJ co-founded TNA. That should tell you all on why JJ was champ right there.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Don't forget that JJ co-founded TNA. That should tell you all on why JJ was champ right there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know that. But that doesn't excuse TNA giving him title's after Dixie & Family took over. But I honestly think that she's really a mark with more money than sense. What little hope I held for TNA disappeared after Hogan and Bischoff were hired. I still watch because they still have some good matches once in a while.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Sorry but to me its Wrestlecrap. I tune into wrestling to watch wrestling not fake MMA crap. Oh and great job TNA on showing Angle blade. Epic fucking fail.[/QUOTE]

How is it Wrestlecrap? It's a purposely funny angle that has produced some entertaining skits/matches. Would you rather see ultra serious, make HHH blush by dominating everybody/no-selling everything Double J style angle again?

[quote name='Sporadic']How is it Wrestlecrap? It's a purposely funny angle that has produced some entertaining skits/matches. Would you rather see ultra serious, make HHH blush by dominating everybody/no-selling everything Double J style angle again?[/QUOTE]

I don't mind comedy in wrestling.... but geez when I find myself doing eye rolls do this fake MMA stuff then sorry its not working for me. To each their own I guess.

[quote name='Sporadic']How is it Wrestlecrap? It's a purposely funny angle that has produced some entertaining skits/matches. Would you rather see ultra serious, make HHH blush by dominating everybody/no-selling everything Double J style angle again?[/QUOTE]

The only jokes allowed in wrestling are those related to making fun of someone for being gay, a minority, or having some kind of disability. Hasn't Vince taught you anything?

i guess i will spoiler tag this

With Hardy pleadin guilty to drug charges and Anderson getting some payback for getting a concussion. I do see the belt back on Hardy soon if he doesn't go to jail.

:rofl: :rofl: What the fuck did I just see?

That was one of the worst things I've seen in a long time. Anderson kicked out of like 4-5 finishing moves after a 20 minute match, while supposedly still suffering from a concussion. There were so many run ins, guys just kept coming out. Even the fans were getting in on the action. That fan was in the ring way longer than he should've been. That's seriously dangerous.

[quote name='JJSP']Jeff Hardy's going to likely face ZERO jail time.[/quote]

I can't imagine his attorney would advise he take any plea that would include mandatory jail time.

Plea bargains are part of the way the criminal justice system works (otherwise we'd have either 2-3 times as many courts or, alternately, a bottlenecked court that would make a trip to the DMV look like a McDonald's by comparison in terms of speed.

You may not agree with that (negotiating the terms of your punishment), and I fully respect that, but it is how the system works. Not at all shocking to me - if he negotiated something with jail time, then my jaw would be on the floor.

[quote name='diddy310']He's even fatter.[/QUOTE]

He's on the Braden Walker diet.

EDIT: I had to go read the PPV results to see how Anderson became champion on a PPV where he was booked in a match for the #1 Contendership, but there was no title match on the show. My head is shaking for TNA giving away a title change on a show unannounced. They might have had a number of people who would have legitimately bought the show if there was a Jeff Hardy title defense on the program not buy it - and they gave it out anyway. I swear to Christ I want to really like TNA, but I just can't. Their booking and production are just amazing, in all the wrong ways.

Two reports I read panned the Jarrett/Angle match (not just for the camera catching Angle blading), but they noted that Angle was *mad* fucked up on pills during his pre-match promo. Now it's silly to diagnose things from a video - but not always. Jeff Hardy was clearly fucked up in the video of him running down CM Punk in the middle of a diner. But while he was messed up, he could easily have just been drunk (which explains the 2AM trip to a diner). Prior to a wrestling match, however, sounds dangerous and foolish. What do y'all think?

Completely forgot this was on tonight. Flipped over in the middle of the Anderson/Morgan match.

The world title match had some crappy booking. How many run-ins do you need? I counted at least 4-5 of them.

Like how Anderson completely ignored the fact that a fan ran into the ring at the end. This is also the first time I've heard any show sign off with "Is this the year of the a**hole?":roll:. Sounded like Taz got a laugh out of line.

WTF is up w/
Matt Hardy's
new hairstyle being dreadlocks?

J5YjO.png

[quote name='mykevermin']I can't imagine his attorney would advise he take any plea that would include mandatory jail time.

Plea bargains are part of the way the criminal justice system works (otherwise we'd have either 2-3 times as many courts or, alternately, a bottlenecked court that would make a trip to the DMV look like a McDonald's by comparison in terms of speed.

You may not agree with that (negotiating the terms of your punishment), and I fully respect that, but it is how the system works. Not at all shocking to me - if he negotiated something with jail time, then my jaw would be on the floor.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm not exactly surprised that Jeff's gonna plea bargain his way out of jail time. As the report noted, he's a first-time offender and a high profile individual: even if he was going to serve any time, it'd likely be either really short or some sort of inpatient treatment. I think the shock is that what was believed to be serious drug charges can even be bargained off (though I'm only vaguely familiar with Ohio's drug laws).

With the laundry list of charges and items he was found with, I expected something somewhat substantial but dropping the hardest to prosecute (trafficking) in favor of the lesser charges is pretty much a given.

Really do hope that part of the plea deal is some sort of court ordered treatment program. I'm of the mind that when it comes to drug charges (especially the self-destructive kind), rehabilitation is generally more effective than incarceration. The last thing I want to see is another dead wrestler (especially one as young as Jeff) due to substance abuse.

The problem is he still moves around like a robot. I don't how he's supposed to "change professional wrestling forever" with the way he gets around.

[quote name='diddy310']hahahaha Tyler Reks is trending on twitter but Matt Hardy isn't because of the hair.[/QUOTE]

I read about this and smiled. That's some funny shit.

And Matt Hardy will "change pro wrestling forever" by being the first pro wrestler to weaponize a ham sandwich.

I know I throw this word out a lot, but the only way I can describe last night's PPV is this: Baffling.

In an age of declining PPV business, TNA seems to have taken a boom-period stance of 'fuck it, they're going to order it anyway' booking that makes no sense. There was NOTHING to sell this PPV on aside from the promise of a good tag team match and Styles/Williams. Everything else was fairly 'meh', and the surprise stuff is the icing on the shit cake.

Let's think about this... you want people to order your PPV.

First, you announce a mystery opponent. This is a guy that, flying in the face of all logic, has some actual history in the business and a fanbase. So, let's not even HINT at who it is. While I certainly don't think that Matt Hardy was going to put money in wallets, it's a reasonable idea to have had him at least debut on Impact before the match. Oh, and can we look at the timeline here? RVD debuts. RVD wins the title. RVD is stripped of title. RVD never really gets revenge for either losing the title nor the horrendous beat-down that caused it. RVD gets bogged down in ECW shit. RVD is booked against Matt Hardy. RVD loses to Matt Hardy. There's no real pretty way to paint that one.

Second, you have NO MAIN EVENT. Oh no, wait, sorry... you do have a main event. A main event that's a #1 contender's match (what?) between two faces (what?) who really should be working together (what?) to fight of this supposed great evil (what?) of Immortal (what?). This is not the electric match-up that I want to see.

Third, one of the few good-on-paper matches you have, Styles/Williams, is canceled because of an injury. What bugs me is that they HAD to have known about this before the show aired, which means they decided to just not announce it until after people paid. Look, if there was a match worth paying for here, it was that one. For a company that's all about the social networking, you'd think they maybe could've brought it up. I mean, really. Plus, to top it off, you replace arguably the best worker in the company with Abyss? C'mon.

So, that was the build up... then, once it happened, we got a surprise main event and a new champion. This is worst hotshot booking in recent memory. Seriously. This is RVD/Styles level shit, and it's sad that a national company is even still doing things like this. Why is Anderson champ? What purpose does this serve? Seriously, from a booking perspective, explain the logic of hot-shotting the belt onto Anderson in an unannounced match that (wait for it) 99% of TNA/s audience will never see because they don't order the PPVs?

Look, I want TNA to succeed. I want that talent they ahve in DROVES to be utilized in a way that gives WWE a kick in the ass. When I see shit like this, though, I just know it's never going to happen. Look at last night. People, some of them talented, sat around in a room and this was the BEST THEY CAME UP WITH. They looked at these plans and went "That's the one!".

Think about that.

(insert obligatory Matt Hardy is fat and talentless comment here)

[quote name='strongpimphand']And yes, I did picture Steph and Vince doing that but I can't picture HHH acting as he did. If I were her husband, I'd be creeped out....because you still gotta fuck that[/QUOTE]
You have a very limited outlook on life and the way things are.

[quote name='007']There was NOTHING to sell this PPV on aside from the promise of a good tag team match and Styles/Williams.[/quote]

Nonsense. You're looking at the card for "good wrestling," irrespective of the issue selling the PPV. That's not why people buy wrestling shows. That's also not how wrestling companies sell PPVs (despite Bischoff talking out of both sides of his mouth at the start of last Impact about having amazing competitive, exiting matches on Genesis - and then summarily booking the babyfaces in matches guaranteed to debilitate them going into the show). MMA sells itself on "man, this dude here is gonna kick that dude there's ass! it's gonna be an awesome fight!" Wrestling sells itself on the story. That's how we've been conditioned as fans; a PPV where they say "Samoa Joe and AJ Styles are going to have a singles match for the title, and it's going to be some of the best, more competitive wrestling you'll ever see" won't ever happen, at least unless Joe gets kidnapped or AJ discovers that Samoa Joe tore a few pages out of his bible or somesuch.

Wrestling has not, and will not, let the product sell itself.

Third, one of the few good-on-paper matches you have, Styles/Williams, is canceled because of an injury...to top it off, you replace arguably the best worker in the company with Abyss? C'mon.

TNA has booked themselves into a corner here, though. With the evil powers in charge of the company, how could they make sense if, say, Joe or Pope or Brian Kendrick went for the belt? It had to be one of the villains, or else that logic hole would be far too large. It's unfortunate, but I have to give them credit for deferring to logical booking at the expense of good taste in wrestling.

EDIT: Also of note, Braden Walker was at the TNA PPV last night. No word on whether or not he and Matt Hardy wrestled over the last chicken breast in the commissary for 45 minutes, explaining why Hardy was so winded during his match.

[quote name='007']

People, some of them talented, sat around in a room and this was the BEST THEY CAME UP WITH. They looked at these plans and went "That's the one!".

Think about that.

(insert obligatory Matt Hardy is fat and talentless comment here)[/QUOTE]

The problem is, the people with the final say on booking aren't that talented and too full of themselves to take advice from anyone else. Add to that the fact that Dixie Carter is really just a rich mark (IMO anyway), and you have a recipe for disaster.

I wonder if there is more to Meth Hardy's plea bargain than what's being let on? Why else would they take the belt off of him so soon? Oh, that's right this is TNA booking we're talking about! I also wonder how RVD feels being sent down to the mid-card? Feuding with Meth Hardy and now feuding with Fatt Hardy. But I guess in TNA's thinking, every Hardy is a main eventer.

Depends on when his plea agreement is reached and finalized. Having their champion plead guilty to narcotics charges is horrible PR, so I agree with the decision to get the belt off of him ASAP (but disagree with putting it on him knowing he was facing charges to begin with).

[quote name='mykevermin']Nonsense. You're looking at the card for "good wrestling," irrespective of the issue selling the PPV. That's not why people buy wrestling shows. That's also not how wrestling companies sell PPVs (despite Bischoff talking out of both sides of his mouth at the start of last Impact about having amazing competitive, exiting matches on Genesis - and then summarily booking the babyfaces in matches guaranteed to debilitate them going into the show). MMA sells itself on "man, this dude here is gonna kick that dude there's ass! it's gonna be an awesome fight!" Wrestling sells itself on the story. That's how we've been conditioned as fans; a PPV where they say "Samoa Joe and AJ Styles are going to have a singles match for the title, and it's going to be some of the best, more competitive wrestling you'll ever see" won't ever happen, at least unless Joe gets kidnapped or AJ discovers that Samoa Joe tore a few pages out of his bible or somesuch.

Wrestling has not, and will not, let the product sell itself.[/QUOTE]

Very true. I admit, I was looking at it from my perspective, which is someone who really only tunes into TNA for the wrestling. Honestly, I gave up on the creative side of TNA a long time ago, and these storylines weren't very strong headed into this anyway. I only got around to, ahem, acquiring the PPV last night because of matches like Guns/Beer Money and Styles/Williams. So, my views are perhaps just slightly skewed.

Then, no one in the general populace seems to be buying the PPVs, either, so who knows. It would appear that neither story or wrestling are selling anything.

Like I said, outside of those two matches, nothing interested me. I will, however, suck it up and admit that the Dudley match was much more entertaining than I would've anticipated. God, that was painful to say.

[quote name='mykevermin']Depends on when his plea agreement is reached and finalized. Having their champion plead guilty to narcotics charges is horrible PR, so I agree with the decision to get the belt off of him ASAP (but disagree with putting it on him knowing he was facing charges to begin with).[/QUOTE]

I always thought they should've tossed it onto RVD before the plea deal, which would complete the circle nicely. You know, that way RVD can say he lost and gained a world title because of drug charges.

I guess AJ being injured is why they edited Desmond Wolfe coming back out of Impact. But putting a belt on Abyss doesn't do anybody any favors.

As for Matt Hardy, I generally don't have a problem with him - but for all of his talk, and getting 90 days to heal up/work out he shows up at the PPV looking like that. He's moving around worse than Sabu and Raven were in their recent run. Look at him trying to get himself up onto the 2nd rope in that match last night.

I almost went to this show Saturday, now I kinda wish I had. :)

Promoter arrested for not paying
Wrestling show organizer faces 10 counts for obtaining services on false pretenses
http://bdtonline.com/local/x1919698386/Promoter-arrested-for-not-paying

BRUSHFORK — The professional wrestling card at the National Guard Armory in Brushfork Saturday night was real, but the promoter’s promises proved to be fake.

Ernest Mack Shell, 31, of London, Ky., was arrested late Saturday night soon after the wrestlers who participated in the program billed as “Dare to Compare” learned that Shell didn’t have any money to pay them or to pay other people who worked the event.

“He had promised to pay and provide motel rooms for all of the wrestlers who appeared Saturday night,” Deputy W.E. Rose of the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department said. “Two of the wrestlers, Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart and Diamond Dallas Page flew in to participate in the event, but all of the others drove here. Some of them came from as far away as Nashville, Tenn., Louisville, Ky., and other areas. Most drove 6-7 hours to be part of this.”

Shell had contacted the Mercer County Sheriff’s Department in early December to hire off-duty personnel to provide security at the event. Rose and two other officers agreed to work the extra time. “The extra money would have come in handy with Christmas just a few weeks ago,” Rose said. “The three of us didn’t get paid just like the wrestlers.

“But really, I think the ones who suffered the most were the people who came out in that weather Saturday night and didn’t get to see the event they paid to see,” Rose said. “Tickets were $20 and $25 for VIP tickets that were supposed to register the buyer for a 55-inch TV, but none of that happened. It was bad weather ... really bad weather, and only about 150 people made it to the armory. Since the weather was that bad, he should have canceled the event.”

Rose said that he and the other deputies arrived at 6 p.m., and at about 11:10 p.m., Shell’s booking agent told the officers that they should keep a close watch on Shell. “He said that Shell didn’t have any money and that he thought he might try to skip out,” Rose said. “About five minutes later the armory manager came and got us and said: ‘You guys might want to get up here. This guy’s about to get his butt kicked.”

Rose said that several of the wrestlers had cornered the 5’8” tall, 140 lb., Shell. “I said: ‘Can you pay us and the rest of these here?’ When he said he couldn’t, I said: ‘Put your hands behind your back. You’re under arrest.’ He said this was his 174th wrestling promotion,” Rose said. “Some of these wrestlers didn’t have the money to drive back home. Just like us, they were planning to get paid. He was lucky he hired us. Otherwise, he would have had to deal with all of those wrestlers.”

Rose said that there were 26 wrestlers in all — a group that included Neidhart, Page, Chase Stevens, Chance Profitt, JD Maverick and April Hunter among others, according to some of the online promotional information concerning the event that Shell billed as being an East Coast Wrestling Promotions event.

“All of them had matches until the last two,” Rose said. “They were supposed to be drawing for a big screen TV and they were supposed to be throwing prizes into the crowd. None of that happened.”

Rose said he arrested Shell on 10 counts of obtaining services on false pretenses. “Those were just the counts in Mercer County,” Rose said. “He is facing another 19 counts where he was calling people when he was in Kentucky to participate in the event. He was making deals with the wrestlers as the matches were going on. He said that all he had was an ATM card with a $400 limit.”

A Mercer County magistrate set Shell’s bail at $50,000 Sunday afternoon. He was being held at the Bluefield City Jail after his appearance in magistrate court.

Ain't that some stuff? The police officers that he had hired saved the day....though they weren't paid neither!

He should have just cancelled the event instead of trying to proceed. Anybody would have believed the weather line!

Instead, he proceeded.....and wasted people's time and money. The thought of not having money to get back home...wow.

Pitiful and the guy should be convicted on every count hopefully!

Raw's in Nashville.. we're under five inches of snow with more coming tonight.. no way I'll risk trying to go to the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back