Motor City Machine Guns/Beer Money 2010 tag team feud of the year wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ugamer_X']Okay, I'll say it - Who else is honestly surprised that they didn't give the lashing initiation to Otunga?[/QUOTE]

I was going to post that exact comment. Though I suppose it would have been overkill immediately after the La Cucaracha segment.

I just don't understand why Cole said he gets chills concerning Shawn Michaels....

It hasn't been a full year of him being gone....how are you getting chills already????

It's not like when Bret Hart came back (12 years I think?)

....Or maybe it is to Cole?

[quote name='Scorch']AW SON OF A BITCH!!!

Now I'm really upset I didn't go.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, hombre. The first thing I thought when HBK came out was "man, I bet Scorch is fuming!"

That's the way I felt when I stopped going to WWE shows and HBK/Shelton Benjamin tore the fuckin' house down in a match that featured the springboard-something-right-into a Sweet Chin Music finish that we all know and love.

[quote name='crr_1119']It's supposed to be WCW-related, if they go with that then I can't see it being Shawn Michaels. Or even if it's not I think it's way too soon to induct him.[/QUOTE]

I guess this means they didn't get Sting? Alternately, I dunno. Despite the Nitro arena being SvR DLC, I still think Vince McMahon would rather have a show of no-talk-all-wrestling before he'd acknowledge the history and significance of WCW.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Okay, I'll say it - Who else is honestly surprised that they didn't give the lashing initiation to Otunga?[/QUOTE]

While an homage to Alex Haley's "Roots" would be firmly in line with about how out of date most of WWE's pop culture references are, I sincerely doubt anybody in WWE Creative knows who Alex Haley is.

EDIT: PUNK'S GONNA DO THE HAWK!

When Lawler mentioned "The WWE's Greatest Of All Time" I figured it was HBK. He certainly deserves it. But I'm a little bit disappointed that this won't be an all WCW class. Ha, knowing how Vince operates, there might not be any WCW guys!

There's no reason for Punk to be on top of the Tron!!! They need to stop doing stuff like this.

Cole keeps saying "be careful".. Punk's gonna take a dive..

or not. That was pointless.

AH, it makes sense....

Take out Otunga and what do you have?

A potential for the "old" Nexus to re-group

I guess South African and Wendys will join Wade and a healthy Skip/Tarver on SD....

[quote name='Purple Flames']Whoa now. Cena said ASS.

Shit just got real, son![/QUOTE]

Sadly, not as real as when Mae Young called Laycool sluts and bitches.

...Why is WWE giving us this match next week?

Why not instead just make us wait till the RR????

I wanna illegally stream the RR to watch this! Not watch it for free...

Quite disappointed w/ Raw this week. Two 20-minute matches last week, and very little to enjoy (other than a retired wrestler making an appearance) this week.

I wonder how WWE interprets ratings. They declined last week compared to the whole - do they see people tuning out because of the program on tv at that very moment, or do they see people not watching because the prior weeks' show didn't compel them to tune in this week? I made sure to watch this week after reading reviews of last week's show, but now I'm pretty nonplussed about next week's program. If it's the latter, I can see why they went more in the direction of "sports entertainment" this week - reason being the ratings show that wrestling matches don't draw ratings.

To give them credit, they announced the main event for next week; I think that's something I was complaining about earlier in this very thread.

Well, they announced a hook for next week, anyway. No way that match actually happens.

They've done better recently, though, with both this and the Miz/Morrison match announced ahead of time. Sadly, two examples is them doing much better.

I loved a lot about this show. While Sheamus-Morrison was largely boring, and absolutely loved all the Nexus initiation stuff. McGillicutty's was standard Nexus fare, but the image of him being carried out was fantastic. The whipping of Harris was pretty dark, and Otunga's beating from Show was by far the best thing Otunga's done. He moved around a lot for Show, sold his stuff really well, and made me think that he just might make it as a top-level guy in time. Punk's bit on the tron brought back instant flashbacks to the Hawk deal from '97, and thankfully, this wound up better than that. WWE nicely answered some possible criticism to all this stuff by saying that no one who is ever asked to do anything like this to join a group should absolutely, POSITIVELY never, ever do it. And whether they mean it or not, they said it on-air, so their hands are at least somewhat clean if anything happens. I liked that Slater and Gabriel actually valued their partnership more than Punk's leadership. While their absence will spell doom for Nexus matches not involving Punk (assuming new guys aren't put in their spots), it does give the lesser guys in the group an instant feud. I was really surprised with just how far WWE took things with the initiations' religious imagery and how they actually tried to get away with some things they don't usually do on the show.

HBK's induction into the HoF is deserved, and I loved his interaction with Alberto, who shined nicely despite getting superkicked by knocking HBK on the mic, beating R-Truth thanks to Ricardo bashing What's Up, gloating about it, and THEN having Ricardo sing songs badly in Spanish. I love this dude. They built to the future nicely here. Well, except for Orton-Miz, which I still don't really want to see while they're also teasing King-Miz as well, which I'd rather see. They got over the New Nexus about as perfectly as could be, but man did they ever completely sacrifice the WWE Title stuff in the process. They did, however, stress how important the Rumble is with Del Rio. He's got a bright future, more as an overall act than an in-ring one yet though.

Screens -

HBKobra

He's a man...in the box... (cue tears)

Sheamus is watchin' ya, fella...

Quotes -
Cole - JOHN CENA JOINS US TONIGHT TO ADDRESS THE WWE UNIVERSE!
Punk - AWW, I’M SORRY. Your tag team title match has been rescheduled for a later date! Ever since Nexus first made its Impact on Raw, they have been the most dominant force the WWE has ever seen. And now, we’re even stronger! Nexus, listen up - each one of you has the ability to shine brighter than any other superstar in history. I can give you the tools to succeed. I’ve already set the example to follow, unlike your previous leader, who failed to provide any example at all. Two weeks ago, I took Cena out of the equation. Your hero in all of his broken down glory will appear here tonight. Cena will, what I’m hoping, deliver a tear-jerking encore farewell speech. His days of HUSTLE, LOYALTY, AND RESPECT ARE OVER! While mine are just beginning! Later tonight, in an act of selfless leadership, I CM PUNK Will make the ultimate sacrifice when I initiate myself as the new leader of the New Nexus! But I’m getting ahead of myself. Mine won’t be the only initiation tonight - you all must prove to the group, me, and THESE WORTHLESS PEOPLE that you have what It takes to belong in the new Nexus. If you accept and pass, then the Nexus will be at its apex of power. We will not just take over Raw, BUT THE WWE ENTIRELY!
Otunga - I think I speak for everyone here - we would be honored to be initiated Into the new Nexus tonight.
Punk - Otunga, the honor will all be mine! Let’s begin, shall we. MICHAEL MCGILLICUTTY - you’re up first. Nexus is famous for these group beatdowns. You’ve beaten down hall of famers and the chairman of the board… (fans chant Cena) AND YES, WE’VE BEATEN DOWN CENA TOO! Your initiation is to be on the receiving end of a beat down. Husky, get it started.
(as Nexus attacks Hennig)King - THIS IS THE STRANGEST THING WE’VE SEEN ON RAW!
(as Truth raps)Cole - I WISH HE’D DISAPPEAR!
Cole - THERE ARE ONLY 1,000 OF THESE BENTLEYS AVAILABLE IN THE WORLD!
Ricardo - HEY, WHAT’S UP WHAT’S UP, WHAT’S UP! (Truth attacks him and gets counted out)
Alberto - ANOTHER VICTORY FOR ALBERTO DEL RIO. BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT. You also know that my destiny is to win the Royal Rumble and headline WrestleMania! TONIGHT, WE’RE IN NASHVILLE! The music city? You silly AMERICANOS! YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MU-SIC! YOU DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CUL-TURE! ALL YOU KNOW IS ABOUT YOUR JUSTIN BEIBER, YOUR AMERICAN IDOLS, AND YOUR HIP-HOP. AND THAT HORRIBLE AND BORING COUNTRY MUSIC! But hey, in Mexico, we know about music! WE KNOW ABOUT CULTURE! (USA chant breaks out) Hold on, come on, now please allow a man with many attributes to show you THE REAL MUSIC. THE MARIACHI MUSIC!
Cole - I had mariachis at my wedding.
King - I wouldn’t admit it.
Alberto - RICARDO! DO IT FOR ME!
Ricardo - LA CUCARACHA!
Cole - SUPERBIO!
Ricardo - VALIZ NAVIDAD!
Cole - WHY DON’T YOU APOLOGIZE TO THE MIZ? I HAVE JUST RECEIVED AN E-MAIL, AND I QUOTE!
Fans - WE WANT JR! WE WANT JR!
Cole - RECENTLY, MICHAEL COLE HAS BEEN ON THE RECEIVING END OF A LOT OF CRITICISM, HOWEVER, I SUPPORT MICHAEL COLE IN EVERY WAY. Even though he’s a conceited…pompous…arrogant... SELF-CENTERED!? PRETENTIOUS JERK!/ Okay - Just kidding! Cole has done a phenomenal job and is the epitome of manhood! I wish we had more people like him with the guts to stand up to POPULAR OPINION. HE IS AN AWARD-WINNING JOURNALIST, A TWO TIME SLAMMY WINNER, WITTY, HIGHLY-INTELLIGENT, AND HANDSOME! The highest honor one can achieve is to call themselves a COLE MINER.
King - Hold on. I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE FROM THE WWE UNIVERSE! AND I QUOTE! WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT UP!? Cole, nobody in their right mind would ever think, say, or type that you are handsome! What you really are is a coward!
Cole - YOU CAN’T TOUCH ME OR YOU’LL BE FIRED! THE GM ORDERED IT! IT STILL WORKS, AND I QUOTE! I assure you that Michael Cole is NOT a coward. And King, neither are you. That’s why I know that even though your body hasn’t recovered, you can’t wait to exact revenge. Tonight, WWE Champion the Miz and Alex Riley will take on the team of Jerry Lawler and RANDY ORTON!
Punk - Husky, your initiation is in my left hand. You will willingly take three lashes from everyone here.
Husky - I accept.
Punk - Husky - take the shirt off.
Punk - HOLD HIS ARMS AND GET HIM UP! (whips him half a dozen times)
King - This is the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.
King - This isn’t an invasion - It’s a friendly visit from Big Show.
Cole - At least he isn’t dressed as Santa. He’s had a weird Santa fetish for a few weeks.
Show - It’s great to be back on Raw. I wanna thank the GM for letting me discuss a couple issues. Number 1 - WADE BARRETT. I find it funny that last week, he gets knocked out of Nexus, and on Smack Down - I’M GONNA KNOCK WADE BARRETT OUT. Item 2 - the Royal Rumble. I’m letting everyone know that YOU’RE ON NOTICE. The Big Show is coming and I’m not playing games. I’m gonna go onto the WrestleMania main event! (Nexus comes out, Otunga slaps Show)
Crowd - KNOCK HIM OUT!
Cole - Here’s the man they’re now calling THE MASTER OF PARKOUR!
Cole - SHEAMUS SMELLS BLOOD.
Punk - I’m not gonna hit you with these kendo sticks…you’re gonna hit each other. I EXPECT HOME RUNS FROM MY SOLDIERS, SO SWING FOR THE FENCES! DO IT! You’re gonna hit me? Do it! (Heath and Gabriel leave)
Cole - SHAWN MICHAELS IS HERE!
Crowd - HBK! HBK! HBK!
Crowd - ONE MORE MATCH! ONE MORE MATCH! (Alberto comes out)
Alberto - MY NAME IS ALBERTO DEL RIO! BUT YOU, YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT! And you, YOU’RE SHAWN MICHAELS. THE LEGEND! THE ICON! THE SHOWSTOPPER! Not anymore! You see, these people used to cheer you. Hey, BUT NOW THEY CHEER ME! (Fans boo) IT’S SIMPLE - THEY KNOW I’M THE PRESENT AND FUTURE OF THE WWE. AND YOU, you’re just history man!
Guy - SHUT UP, PRICK!
Alberto - After I win the Rumble, I’m gonna win the heavyweight title or the WWE Title, and after that, I’ll be known as the new Mr. WrestleMania! (Sweet Chin Music hits)
Riley - YOU’RE THE MIZ AND YOU’RE…
Miz - NO, CATCHPHRASES ARE FOR CLOSERS!
Cole - WE ARE ABOUT TO BE JOINED BY JOHN CENA! You may recall that 2 weeks ago, he was incapacitated by THE NEW NEXUS.
Punk - COLE, UP HERE! I’M ON TOP OF THE TRON!
Cole - PUNK!
Punk - WE ARE THROUGH TALKING ABOUT CENA, THIS IS THE CM PUNK SHOW NOW! What I wanna talk about is the new Nexus. What tonight has shown is that Harris, McGillicutty, and Otunga are strong enough to be in the new Nexus. They sacrificed themselves, and now I’m prepared to do the same. Mine will be the ultimate sacrifice. Through my sacrifice… IT WILL PROVE THAT NOT WAS I A MEMBER OF NEXUS, BUT I WAS THEIR LEADER!
Josh - DON’T DO IT!
Punk - SHOULD I DIVE OFF THIS TRON!? SHOULD I BREAK EVERY BONE IN MY BODY!? SHOULD I RUPTURE EVERY MUSCLE!? (fans cheer) There’s one more question I have. And the question is exactly how gullible are all of you people!? I’M WEARING A HARNESS. I’M SAFER UP HERE THAN ANY OF YOU SITTING IN YOUR SEATS. WHAT KIND OF AN IDIOT JUMPS OFF THE TRON! (crowd says you) CONGRATS, YOU’RE ALL THE BIGGEST GROUP OF MINDLESS SHEEP I’VE EVER SEEN!
Cole - HE FOOLED ALL THE GULLIBLE PEOPLE HERE IN NASHVILLE!
Punk - AHAHAHAHAHA! If anybody out there watching actually thought I was going to jump off the tron YOU ARE STUPID. As you can see, I’m wearing a harness. Anyone who would do that, is mentally challenged, AND I AM MENTALLY SUPERIOR! I don’t need your approval, or initiations - I AM THE LEADER OF THE NEW NEXUS! (crowd chants Cena) John Cena? HE’S NO LONGER HERE.
Cena - I’M RIGHT HERE. WE JUST SAW THE ACT OF A DELUSIONAL PHONY. Your cronies are gutless, classless, AND pantless. You’re uncool, unprofessional, and low-rent. YOU ARE WASTING EVERYONE’S TIME. Why would you give the new Nexus a physical initiation? I said I would get my hands on them, and I did… Well, there is a new member that I haven’t had a chance to initiate - that’s you, CM SUX!
Punk - I will not STAND IN MY RING ON MY SHOW AND BE INTIMIDATED BY YOU.
Cena - Prove it - next week, CM Sux faces John Cena in a match.
Punk - I ACCEPT!
Cena - Good, I was hoping you would… Ya see, all those things you’ve said…they’re right. If you provoke me, I’m the most animalistic, brutal, violent physical man on the planet. THAT MEANS NEXT WEEK, YOU GET DEALT WITH. AS SURE AS I WEAR PURPLE AND THE SUN RISES IN THE MORNING, YOU GET DEALT WITH! IT AIN’T ABOUT T-SHIRTS OR ARMBANDS, IT’S ABOUT ME WHOOPING YOUR ASS!
Cole - My broadcast partner, Jerry Lawler, HAS TO STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT AGAIN!
Josh - ORTON HAS THE EYES OF A VIPER-LIKE SNAKE!
Cole - WE’RE GONNA CONTINUE UNTIL THIS MATCHES ENDS!

[quote name='007']Well, they announced a hook for next week, anyway. No way that match actually happens.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said about Miz/Morrison, though. Chances are you're right, however.

Jay, you gotta be the most optimistic person on the whole net....

Everyone else is saying this Raw smelt like shit and you found ways to make it appear as it barely was a massive waste of time

Bravo.....

Not defending WWE and a lackluster show but I'm sure they knew they were going to get smashed in ratings by the BCS game so they may not have put the best foot forward show wise because of that.

Raw was pretty bad tonight. Punk on the tron was completely stupid, unnecessary, and added nothing to the angle.

While I was generally bored by Raw, I can't say I'm unhappy I watched it. I really enjoyed the Punk/Nexus stuff (which was shockingly dark for TV-PG). I've seen a lot of people shit on it, but this is the most interested I've been in Nexus since that first night in June. Sheamus/Morrison, outside of the weird finish, was pretty good and illustrated why they keep tossing them together.

Oh, and to the surprise of no one, I would've been pissed if I missed HBK.

Speaking of... wow, is someone high on Del Rio or what? High profile spots on Raw for the past few weeks AND he's the guy that gets to interrupt HBK's return, taking Sweet Chin Music? That's not too shabby for a guy that's been around for less than a year.

Just thinking...why not bring Dibiase and Kidd into New Nexus? Would make sense out of their recent losing streaks and Ted getting all beardy and losing his mind.

96022497050143090861.jpg

[quote name='neocisco']That is some awful Photoshop. Where did you find that?[/QUOTE]

Balls Mahoney's personal photo album, most likely.

[quote name='neocisco']That is some awful Photoshop. Where did you find that?[/QUOTE]
Photoshop? That looks like a typical Cena fan to me. ;)

[quote name='HydroX']CM Punk standing on the Titantron made me think of Road Warrior Hawk's Titantron moment.

(couldn't find a YouTube video of it)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jsi8_road-warrior-hawk-falls-off-the-tit_sport

Didn't see myke mention it on the previous page. I always avoid this thread until I watch RAW on Tuesday mornings.

Well played, sir.[/QUOTE]

No one ever seems to point out the fact that Droz very clearly pushed him off.

[quote name='masked lemon']Found it at a different board I frequent.[/QUOTE]You've been cheating on us with a different board!? YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

*Throws masked lemon's clothes onto the front yard*

Balls Mahoney is one of those wrestlers that if I ever saw him out somewhere, I would absolutely not approach him (and I've spoken to every wrestler I've ever seen). Yech.

This board wasn't paying me enough attention, so I had to look elsewhere.

Perhaps if this board lost a little of the excess weight...

[quote name='neocisco']Balls Mahoney is one of those wrestlers that if I ever saw him out somewhere, I would absolutely not approach him (and I've spoken to every wrestler I've ever seen). Yech.[/QUOTE]

Ha. He's one of many that I've met over the years. Was nice enough. But given the...unique...people I've been around over the years, someone like Balls didn't really stick out at all except for the fact that he was on television at the time.

Balls actually showed up at one of my elementary school's wrestling matches one time, and went to the same high school I did. People were understandably concerned about the guy with the fork stab marks in his forehead.

[quote name='masked lemon']This board wasn't paying me enough attention, so I had to look elsewhere.

Perhaps if this board lost a little of the excess weight...[/QUOTE]

LOL. Attention whore much?

[quote name='masked lemon']This board wasn't paying me enough attention, so I had to look elsewhere.

Perhaps if this board lost a little of the excess weight...[/QUOTE]:rofl::rofl::rofl:

-----

Steven Richards quit TNA. Right To Censor 2011(complete with Ivory) in the WWE, please.

[quote name='Purple Flames']No one ever seems to point out the fact that Droz very clearly pushed him off.[/QUOTE]

No way! Droz was trying to HELP him with his addiction, and was trying to save his life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back