Motor City Machine Guns/Beer Money 2010 tag team feud of the year wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
CeNation. Lots of posts about my language last night on raw. I do apologize. It was out of line and I was indeed fined. If I have offended anyone it was not my intention. I was very frustrated about being hurt and not able to compete. I lost my cool. I am sorry.

Next time I will use something more creative like “whoop yer crap locker!” Or “whoop yer dump box!”
icon_smile.gif

PWG announced their lineup for WrestleReunion at the end of the month, and it's a doozy.

PWG's "Kurt Russellreunion: The Reunioning" - January 29, 2011

PWG Title Match
(c) Claudio Castagnoli vs El Generico

Lo-Ki vs Davey Richards

Mr. Aguila vs Rey Bucanero

The Cutlers vs Fightin' Taylor Boys vs Young Bucks vs RockNES Monsters

Retirement Match
Jake "The Snake" Roberts vs Sinn Bodhi (Kizarny)

Chris Hero vs Kevin Steen

Shane Helms vs Joey Ryan

Legends Battle Royal
Warlord, Barbarian, Terry Funk, Val Venis, Shane Douglas, Danny Davis, Mike Graham, Barry Orton, Bob Orton, Ken Patera, Rock Riddle, Tito Santana, Roddy Piper, Tatanka, Vampiro, Savio Vega

[quote name='pitfallharry219'].[/QUOTE]

I love modern-day WWE, but the 'PG' language is a bit bothersome. Actually, the whole 'PG' concept became bothersome on Raw when Lawler appeared baffled at some of the Nexus initiations. It's hard to tell that story when the commentators can't say, "Well, at least CM Punk isn't having Husky Harris run a train all over Michael McGillicutty's ass."

I actually would love to see Miz-Lawler, Career versus Title, at WrestleMania. WWE needs an intense build for the angle, but it could be good. And Miz can lose the title at 'Mania so long as the match is good/he regains the title on Raw, or soon after.

I can't take Cena seriously in that regard when he's the cat what spray painted "JBL IS POOPY" on a limousine.

EDIT: I had to look up who Rock Riddle was, b/c I'd never heard of him before. Sounds like a fun show.

As much as I enjoy "crap locker," it says "ass" in his theme song. And so does Mark Henry's. And the Raw theme says "balls out." And it's fucking Nickelback.

[quote name='pitfallharry219'].[/QUOTE]

Isn't this the same company that had an 80ish year old lady give birth to a hand? How the mighty have fallen....

[quote name='BlueSwim']Steven Richards quit TNA. Right To Censor 2011(complete with Ivory) in the WWE, please.[/QUOTE]
What exactly would be censored on a PG broadcast? The word "butt"?

The Right to Censor made my stomach churn - it was a lame heel stable that only existed as Vince McMahon's personal piss-take on L Brent Bozell's Parents Television Council.

That PWG card is going to burn down the building. The four team tag match should be fun.

I also can't say I was a fan of the RTC. I am a fan of Stevie Richards, though, and wish him luck where ever he goes.

I'm wondering if WWE will bring him back. It's one of those weird things where it's like there's no reason to bring him back.... but there's not reason not to.

I just have no idea as to what they'd do with him in today's WWE. He'd make for a great trainer, or road agent. Two jobs that will probably last longer than an active wrestler career, in WWE.

[quote name='powercreep']Isn't this the same company that had an 80ish year old lady give birth to a hand? How the mighty have fallen....[/QUOTE]

I like that your idea of "mighty" is Mae Young with a sex toy lodged inside her.

So I got SvR2011. I can edit CAWs' appearances, but I can't put them in stables/teams or change their entrances at all (including themes). What am I missing/doing wrong?

Haven't looked at movesets yet.

[quote name='mykevermin']So I got SvR2011. I can edit CAWs' appearances, but I can't put them in stables/teams or change their entrances at all (including themes). What am I missing/doing wrong?

Haven't looked at movesets yet.[/QUOTE]

No idea - I had no issue doing either. Check the CAW when you download - the creator of the CAW has to enable editing.. but even then, there shouldn't be a problem.

As odd as it sounds, try exiting to dashboard/XMB and rebooting the game. I had to do that to get DLC working.

Someone so obessed with my screen name that they had to type it in a tag....

Scary to know some $$$ is thinking about me in that manner

[quote name='strongpimphand']Someone so obessed with my screen name that they had to type it in a tag....

Arousing to know some $$$ is thinking about me in that manner[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

I like how my reply about the board losing weight went over the heads of some of you... It's all in good fun though. I may cheat on this board, but I do always end up coming back.

So, if Gabriel and Slater are out of Nexus, where do they go? I hope they don't join with Barrett on Smackdown, but I don't see any other direction.

[quote name='Scorch']No idea - I had no issue doing either. Check the CAW when you download - the creator of the CAW has to enable editing.. but even then, there shouldn't be a problem.

As odd as it sounds, try exiting to dashboard/XMB and rebooting the game. I had to do that to get DLC working.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for PS3, since it was $20 from WM.

The CAWs I d/led have "enable edit" or whatever set to "on." I can edit their appearances, but not their entrances. I can't put them in teams or stables, either. Man, this is really aggravating.

EDIT: Figured it out, had to wait for all the CAW images to load in the menu. Odd, and slow. Kinda frustrating. There are some damn fine CAWs out there in the community creations - stuff I wouldn't be able to do given infinite time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='strongpimphand']Someone so obessed with my screen name that they had to type it in a tag....

Scary to know some $$$ is thinking about me in that manner[/QUOTE]
You are such a retard.

I love how the allies/enemies thing works so well in the WWE Universe mode in SvR '11.. especially when it's a triple threat match between Cena/Barrett/Orton and Justin Gabriel jumps Cena on his way to the ring. I (Orton) slide out to take care of Justin Gabriel while Barrett works on Orton, and David Otunga comes out with a chair!

Have you tried any of the custom themes out yet, Myke? There are indeed some really good CAW's out.. my favorite one has to be Kurt Angle. Dunno if they're console specific, but I dl'ed him on the 360 version.. looks outstanding.

/edit: I remember what I don't like about the Nexus theme they used in Smackdown vs. Raw. In the SvR one, during the "We Are One" portion of the song, they keep playing with the full band, drums and all. On the version I used, the music kind of builds up, and at the "We Are One" part, it gets quieter and a bit muffled with only an electric guitar. I like that version so much more.

SPH - it is the internet, you can curse here.

Everyone else - not sure what to think about Slater/Gabriel leaving Nexus, strange to see Nexus with only one of the original members left. Wouldn't be surprised to see them come back in at all though

R.I.P. ROH on HDNet in April.

Ring of Honor completed its two year TV contract with HDNet. During this time “ROH on HDNet” fans witnessed many great matches, the introduction of the ROH Television Title, and the crowning of new tag champions, among other historical moments. HDNet will air new episodes of ROH until 4/4/11. Please continue to support ROH and watch these new shows on HDNet.

Negotiations are underway for HDNet to broadcast a live special in 2011, and we will bring you more information on that as it becomes available. Ring of Honor Wrestling would like to thank HDNet for the last two years, especially those behind the scenes that made it possible every single TV taping.

[quote name='mykevermin']I bought it for PS3, since it was $20 from WM.

The CAWs I d/led have "enable edit" or whatever set to "on." I can edit their appearances, but not their entrances. I can't put them in teams or stables, either. Man, this is really aggravating.

EDIT: Figured it out, had to wait for all the CAW images to load in the menu. Odd, and slow. Kinda frustrating. There are some damn fine CAWs out there in the community creations - stuff I wouldn't be able to do given infinite time.[/QUOTE]

Check out caws.ws they have a lot of really good caws

[quote name='neocisco']Hopefully they can sign with a network that more than 8 people get.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... I'm hoping this is small baby steps towards getting on a more known network. Their product is too good to be stuck on a small unknown network.

[quote name='masked lemon']Check out caws.ws they have a lot of really good caws[/QUOTE]

If you visit this site, make sure you have popup blockers and other antivirus stuff ready, I heard a lot of stories of people getting viruses from there (myself included). But they do have the best CAW community for the SVR games.

I just go onto SvR and filter by top rated and top downloaded. Usually gives me the best ones.

Looks like my lowered volume Nexus theme works really, really well in SvR.. so I guess I need to go back and lower the volume of all the other ones, too.

[quote name='JJSP']Mike Adamle got pulled over for a DUI.[/QUOTE]

:roll: IIRC, this isn't the first time he's been arrested for that.

[quote name='masked lemon']So, if Gabriel and Slater are out of Nexus, where do they go? I hope they don't join with Barrett on Smackdown, but I don't see any other direction.[/QUOTE]

If you want to know
they're on SD now. They joined Barrett to attack the Big Show during the taping for friday's show. Not sure if they're trying to form two different Nexus groups or what.

[quote name='tangytangerine']:roll: IIRC, this isn't the first time he's been arrested for that.

If you want to know
they're on SD now. They joined Barrett to attack the Big Show during the taping for friday's show. Not sure if they're trying to form two different Nexus groups or what.
[/QUOTE]

Looks likw we're getting Nexus Wolfpac afterall.

[quote name='tangytangerine']If you want to know
[/QUOTE]

16a6u52.jpg

Yeah, I know it looks like garbage, but it gets the joke across. I don't have paintshop or anything, I did it freehand in Windows Paint.

Dangit, Purple Flames beat me while I was doing this image

Regarding SmackDown spoilers:
I imagine the two versions of Nexus will eventually lead to CM Punk versus Wade Barrett. Punk is an excellent heel, but I foresee a face turn upon this angle's conclusion. :whistle2:k

I was such a huge fan of watching wrestling matches. But these days after the farewell of some class wrestlers my interest for watching has become lesser..

[quote name='Scorch']Have you tried any of the custom themes out yet, Myke? There are indeed some really good CAW's out.. my favorite one has to be Kurt Angle. Dunno if they're console specific, but I dl'ed him on the 360 version.. looks outstanding.[/QUOTE]

I will try it out tonight - the quieted themes, that is.

I'm not sure if the community creations are specific to the console, but I have to imagine they must be. That said, I found some amazing work last night. One dude had a stunning looking Ravishing Rick Rude. Aside from the "I'm made of shiny plastic" sheen all CAWs had, he looked great. Right tattoo in the right place, and the tights were stunning. Near perfect replicas of the one w/ the airbrushed IC title on them, the ugly purple/black lines (think Terry Funk's tights), one from Summerslam w/ "feel the heat" on the back, and one other one...oh, the one that said "Simply Ravishing" down the tights.

The willingness of people to do what they do for this game is great - I'm no good at it, so I might as well enjoy their skill, yeah? FFS, someone uploaded a paint job pattern for wrestling boots to have that 1980's 'cowboy boot' (for lack of a better phrase) look. Think like Barry Windham, Dusty Rhodes, Dustin Rhodes, etc.

i.e., these boots!
BlackjackMulliganandBarryWindham.jpg

There's a lot of depth to this game. It looks like you can download signs for the crowd (so you can have something for a WCW guy, like "DDP!" or maybe a photo of someone's tits - go nuts, I suppose), and you can download custom titantrons. The more "open source" (used very loosely) SvR goes, the better. I'm kind of impressed so far, but I didn't play much of 2010 until about a week ago - so keep in mind I'm not writing from the vantage point of someone who devours this series every year.

If they had an "old school" WWE arena, or at least a *smaller* venue (i.e., a bingo hall/wrestling shithole like the sportatorium, ECW arena, whoever's living room it was where they filmed USWA every week), then I'd be fuckin' elated.

As is, the customizing options are stunning for $20, and being able to share in what other players create is excellent.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']So if those SD spoilers are accurate...
Punk and Nexus vs. Barrett and Againstus.
[/QUOTE]

Ha.

I find it strange that no one mentioned that it appears Ezekiel Jackson joined them as well. That's a pretty big thing for a guy that was being pushed as a monster face on Raw recently. At the very least, he was helping them.

It's strange, though, that as much as Nex-Pac is an apt description, it still has Barrett. Honestly, if the group is Slater, Gabriel, Jackson, and Barrett... three of those guys are pretty easy faces (which is where I thought Slater/Gabriel was headed after Monday), but Barrett is such a huge heat magnet that it's still going to be a heel group. Weird.

I would imagine, though, that this will lead to Nexus becoming a 'faction' and less a 'rookie faction', with Punk slowly adding a few more members that are established parts of the roster. Just my assumption.

[quote name='007']
Ha.

I find it strange that no one mentioned that it appears Ezekiel Jackson joined them as well. That's a pretty big thing for a guy that was being pushed as a monster face on Raw recently. At the very least, he was helping them.

It's strange, though, that as much as Nex-Pac is an apt description, it still has Barrett. Honestly, if the group is Slater, Gabriel, Jackson, and Barrett... three of those guys are pretty easy faces (which is where I thought Slater/Gabriel was headed after Monday), but Barrett is such a huge heat magnet that it's still going to be a heel group. Weird.

I would imagine, though, that this will lead to Nexus becoming a 'faction' and less a 'rookie faction', with Punk slowly adding a few more members that are established parts of the roster. Just my assumption.
[/QUOTE]

Could be WWE is setting up a Jackson/Show program. That way Barrett and his group can feud with Punk and his group. Although the SD group does need another member to even the odds with the Raw group.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Has splitting factions ever worked
?[/QUOTE]

Probably not.

I have to say, though, that at least WWE has a unique opportunity here... if they want it to be. It's all about figuring out the obvious thing and then running away from it.

The brand split lines has been hugely blurred recently, but they still technically exist. The idea is, with these (what I assume will be) two factions, to keep them away from one another. Keep them on seperate shows. They both seem to be occupied with other things at the moment, and are both led by heels, so they shouldn't need to interact at all.

Seriously, just keep the groups on seperate shows. No fighting, no interaction, just two groups doing their own thing. I think where most faction splits go wrong is that there's a need to have them feud, which is generally what kills the momentum. Both of these are strong groups that can easily move onto other wrestlers (Cena, Show) without ever needing to mention the past. The brand split is what helps. Two factions on one program (See: nWo, Wolfpac) *have* to be involved somehow. Raw and Smackdown are still partially different enough that this could work.

Just my take on it, anyway.

[quote name='mykevermin']whoever's living room it was where they filmed USWA every week[/QUOTE]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I often thought this when I watched as a kid. Especially being naive after being exposed to 80's/90's WWF and WCW at the time where they were "big time" promotions.

Here's a pretty awesome Nexus theme (ripped from WWE.com, then edited for length) for the rest of you savvy wrestling enthusiasts.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y5UB9NQ0

Not sure if that's the one Scorch uploaded or not, but if it is, "eh".

I also have a crystal clear version of Ted DiBiase's new theme if it's not on SvR 2011 and someone wants me to upload it.

Also, any requests and I can help you guys out as well.

[quote name='Brak']What exactly would be censored on a PG broadcast? The word "butt"?[/QUOTE]Hmm.......You do have a point.....

Right To Uncensor 2011?

Yeah, DiBiase's full, clear theme has finally surfaced, so I'll update themes soon. Probably when I reduce the volume on the other themes.

The Nexus theme you posted is indeed the same one that I did (as far as I can tell).

Helms is at it again...Jericho responded..

Last month, former WWE wrestler Gregory Helms made headlines with a scathing attack against Shawn Michaels, calling him a druggie and one of the biggest hypocrites in the history of the pro wrestling business. Helms blamed Michaels for hurting families by holding people back in WWE and questioned Michaels' Christian faith.
Helms is now back with another rant against Shawn Michaels, who was named as the first member of the WWE Hall of Fame's Class of 2010 earlier this week. Helms wrote on Twitter:
"The HOF is great but I take more pride & comfort in the fact that I've never "screwjobbed" ANYONE in life or the biz! $$$ isn't everything."
Former WWE star Chris Jericho came to Michaels' defense, calling him the greatest performer of all-time. Helms re-tweeted Jericho's message, saying Ric Flair is actually the best of all time:
"BS! Flair did more & got more people over."
Helms didn't stop there. He continues to back Ric Flair as the greatest of all time, appears to take a shot at Chris Jericho in the process and compared Shawn Michaels to ... Hitler?!
"If u got something to say, say it public. Enough ass-kissing. He wasn't the greatest when he was cussing u out in catering."
"Flair got over people that absolutely SUCKED!! Shawn hadn't gotten over anyone but himself in the last decade!!"
"I'm sorry being honest comes off bad on Twitter, I'm not hating, I'm stating FACTS!! Facts that I would swear by on my life."
"And wearing a cross doesn't make u right. Hitler wore one too! Don't be FOOLED by a TV persona!! I'm always honest. NO ONE can accuse me."

Whether anything Helms says is true or not about how Shawn was/is back stage, that whole thing makes him look and sound like a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back