Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

anyone want some? every week i buy dew and doritos so I usually have. so a buck per 100 or better if you want another constant flow lol.

People are really getting ridiculous with this contest.  

Codes and/or Accounts cannot be sold, traded, bartered, assigned or transferred to or shared with a third party, auctioned through an online auction site, or otherwise or obtained through any source other than from one of the methods mentioned above or through the following "No Purchase Necessary" method of entry. Codes are null and void and will be rejected if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels.

Interesting...There are so many people doing this now. How are they going to monitor it or know where codes came from? There is an auction on eBay right now for 10k points.

May just want to wait until people can gift their points.

Last edited by a moderator:
MykelxKnight said:
People are really getting ridiculous with this contest.

[background=#212121] Codes and/or Accounts cannot be sold, traded, bartered, assigned or transferred to or shared with a third party, auctioned through an online auction site, or otherwise or obtained through any source other than from one of the methods mentioned above or through the following "No Purchase Necessary" method of entry. Codes are null and void and will be rejected if not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels.[/size][/background]
They do this with all types of code contests. It's just legal jargon.

The Wal-Mart I went to today had the Gamer Packs by the Electronics department, but I price-matched the Jewel ad for the normal bags since that made them $2 each. I also price-matched Jewel for 12 packs of Mountain Dew at 4 for $10. I bought 8 12 packs of the Citrus Cherry Gamer Fuel. I think I'm done buying Dew and Doritos now, I hope I can get something with 9750 points. 

Sitting at 20k confidently I can always bank more by the time the promos done. Im going to lowball every auction I can to keep my points if all else fails ill go all in at the end

So, you can just keep bidding until you win right? If you don't win an auction you don't lose the points you bid right? Pardon my dumbness.

That's good.  But it sort of locks in people who have points.  If you lose them w/ a loss it would stop all the 10K's from winning by default

O well hope my 6K is enough

So, you can just keep bidding until you win right? If you don't win an auction you don't lose the points you bid right? Pardon my dumbness.
Yes but unfortunately there is a downside in that if you bid all your points in an auction and are then outbid, you've lost those points until the auction ends. So essentially if you are dropping all your points in one auction, you'll only be able to bid once per day.

Yes but unfortunately there is a downside in that if you bid all your points in an auction and are then outbid, you've lost those points until the auction ends. So essentially if you are dropping all your points in one auction, you'll only be able to bid once per day.
Where are you seeing that? If so that sucks, but if you're there at the end times you can just bid repeatedly as long as points are returned immediately at auction end.

Actually you're wrong according to the FAQ:

1. If I currently have a bid on an Auction, can I also use those Points on other Auctions or in the Marketplace?
No. Points that are currently assigned to a bid on an Auction are reserved for that bid. You can use those points once/if you have been outbid on that Auction.

Even if you don't snipe bid at the end of an auction, your points return to you once you're outbid according to the rules. Hopefully this means you wouldn't have to wait until the end of an auction.

What does this mean then?

Points used in a bid cannot be retracted. Points also cannot be refunded while the Auction is live. Once an Auction ends, all Points not associated with the highest bid will be returned to the non-winning Participant.
This came from the Official Rules link on the website in case you were wondering...

What does this mean then?

This came from the Official Rules link on the website in case you were wondering...
Ah shit, it's contradictory. One's saying you get the points back once you've been outbid, the other is saying not until end of auction. Who knows. You're probably right then which sucks.

I'm guessing it will work the same way Listia does it - once your outbid your points come immediately available. Although if they freeze all points bid until afterwards, it would put a interesting hamper on the high-points-havers from being able to win any particular auction, making it easier to win a "normal" auction. I'm just speculating that they will be focusing on the advanced systems there though.

I'll be happy if I can score a console for my 24k, I think that's a good point range, but who knows until auctions start actually happening.

I really can't believe people are charging/paying $1 for 100 points. Most gas stations sell Mtn. Dew 20oz bottles 2 for $2 or $2.22 or $2.50. 2 bottles equals 200 points.

I'm thinking ALL of the day's auctions are going to be running at the same time.

You then choose which auction you want to bid on.  Once the auctions start to close, your points are for non-winning bids are then returned to you.

You can then add those to any of the other auctions that are ongoing.

Can you actually see each and every single auction running ALONE in it's own time slot for each of the 2 minute increments?

Wouldn't make sense IMO.

I've not read the Official Rules.

Sure the Auctions are closing EVERY 2 MINUTES -- but are they each lasting ONLY 2 MINUTES???  :whistle2:k

I really can't believe people are charging/paying $1 for 100 points. Most gas stations sell Mtn. Dew 20oz bottles 2 for $2 or $2.22 or $2.50. 2 bottles equals 200 points.
Yeah, gas stations have really proven to be one of the better places to go for sales on this stuff. Had 2 for 2 on Doritos and I abused that yesterday.

Found out that the Walmart back at my hometown is stocking Doritos Game Cases tomorrow. Having my brother go and buy everything he can. And that should pretty much seal it for me I think.

Nope. The rules state that daily auctions open up at 2:01 AM EST and close every 2 minutes starting at 9:02 PM EST.
Yeah, they made the contest very confusing with that. I also thought they only lasted 2 minutes at first. I believe on Black Friday, that is the case, though. So that will be hectic.

I just got back from one of my local Walmarts and they had the Gamerpack Doritos near the entrance, along with some Every 2 Minutes signage set up next to a rack of Doritos. Gamerpacks were on the top (about 25 total), some 200-point bags of Nacho Cheese and Cooler Ranch Doritos in the middle row and the other two JACKED flavored chips at the bottom. The price was $2.48 for all of the chips stocked there.

I tried to stay calm from the excitement of FINALLY seeing these Gamerpacks in-person (I think I've been looking for them for about 2 weeks now). I'm waiting to see how auctions play out, so I only grabbed six. They also FINALLY got the regular Mountain Dew 20 oz bottles in, so I grabbed one of those too. Currently, I'm at 3660 points and these, along with a few $1 2-liter Dews I got last week should put me well above 5K.

"Remember, remember the 5th of November!" :whee:

Sure the Auctions are closing EVERY 2 MINUTES -- but are they each lasting ONLY 2 MINUTES??? :whistle2:k

Nope. The rules state that daily auctions open up at 2:01 AM EST and close every 2 minutes starting at 9:02 PM EST.

Yeah, they made the contest very confusing with that. I also thought they only lasted 2 minutes at first. I believe on Black Friday, that is the case, though. So that will be hectic.

Yea, it seems like on Black Friday the auctions will only last 2 minutes each.

If auctions do INDEED open each day at 2:01 AM EST, I can't see how Black Friday will be any different. The only difference is that auctions will be going on all day. So instead of auctions closing that evening, they'll likely be open all day (like any other day), but they'll close every 2 minutes throughout the day. In other words, the 700+ auctions are available immediately after 2:01 AM and one auction closes every 2 minutes. So if an auction ends at, say, 5PM, it'll be open for almost 15 hours before the bidding ends.

It's possible that bidders who can get bids in early on (maybe the first few hours) will probably get an Xbox One for a fraction of the price they may be going for on other days.

In other words, the 700+ auctions are available immediately after 2:01 AM and one auction closes every 2 minutes. So if an auction ends at, say, 5PM, it'll be open for almost 15 hours before the bidding ends.
So you think essentially that every auction length will double in time? In other words, all 720 auctions open at like 1:58 AM (since it says they start closing every 2 minutes starting at 2 AM). So the first auction is 2 minutes long, second is 4 minutes long, third is 6 minutes long, etc? Seems like a stranger method than just running a 2 minute auction but I guess we'll see what they do when the time comes.

If I'm not mistaken ALL auctions open at 2:01am for bidding, then those auctions will start closing every 2 minutes beginning at 9pm and ending at 2am. The auction will essentially be open almost 24 hours before bidding closes on it (of course the ones ending around 9pm will be a little less than 24 hours).

Nevermind, black friday is 2:00am-2:00am the next morning, so every two minutes all day!

If they do it between 9pm-2am on black friday then you can expect an auction ending every 40 seconds or so.
On November 29, 2013 aka "Black Friday", there will be 720 Auctions closing every two minutes beginning at 2:00 a.m. ET and ending 2:00 a.m. ET, November 30, 2013.

On November 29, 2013 aka "Black Friday", there will be 720 Auctions closing every two minutes beginning at 2:00 a.m. ET and ending 2:00 a.m. ET, November 30, 2013.
Thank you. I was double checking the rules when you posted this. So, yes, the time "doubles" throughout the day. I'm thinking that those first couple hours might be a good chance to sneak in a bid for anyone who might still not have an auction won by November 29th.

I just want to say that I hope everybody here wins one. This is my favorite online community.  Good luck to everybody and let the 24 hour countdown begin. 

I just want to say that I hope everybody here wins one. This is my favorite online community. Good luck to everybody and let the 24 hour countdown begin.
I hope so too, ill even help in gifting if I win an auction and have points left, wont be greedy and sell points.

Yeah, would be cool if every CAG here won one! lol I only have 2000 points so far but hopefully get more as the promo starts. There only seems to be Doritos codes here as of yet. Can't find any dew codes so no bonus points but I am still hopeful to rack up enough to snag one during the promo. I wish everyone here luck as well.

Yeah, if someone is just a little short on points, I think gifting each other between CAGS would be awesome

also im guessing that all the people with 25k+ will be waiting for advanced auction and those people who even have more points will be bidding on a premium auction. so i think 15-20k would be a sure win for a standard auction.

(you can only win one auction)

I am currently at 1100 points. Just no way I'm going to get into the uber 20K + point range like some folks on here. Guess I'd have to be lucky, maybe an early morning auction around 3-5am I can sneak in, but not holding my breath...

I am currently at 1100 points. Just no way I'm going to get into the uber 20K + point range like some folks on here. Guess I'd have to be lucky, maybe an early morning auction around 3-5am I can sneak in, but not holding my breath...
Based on absolutely nothing other than a guess, I think we are gonna need 5k-7.5k even on those lucky early morning auctions. Gonna be a lot of 12 packs of Diet Mt Dew coming into my apt over the next couple of weeks.

I have no intentions of entering the promo, so here's a code for anyone who needs it:

Garlic Bread
Here you go: MMRSBRSA3Y

Hopefully a filthy lurker didn't have its way with it. Eugh.

just saw the display for the walmart gamer pack, it was by the main entrance of the store

s0NA4AL.jpg

bread's done
Back