Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

I'm at about 6k. Looks like I'll have a ways to go, but it'll be interesting to see how this kind of plays out over time.  Gotta keep digging through th e recycling. Ha.

Did anyone figure out yet if when you are outbid you get your points back immediately or do you have to wait until the auction ends?

You get them back immediately, I've been outbid on a couple of auctions now and got them back immediately and just moved on to the next one, high bidder on another one, we'll see if my measly 24k hold out!

I was reading you can enter a maximum 1000 codes for a max of 150000 points. What would be the most economical way to achieve the max?
Stealing Doritos and Dews off the truck.
Hey, you said, most economical, nothing about being legal...

After court fees, lawyer, fines, time served...may not be the most economical...though that's only if you get caught.

You get them back immediately, I've been outbid on a couple of auctions now and got them back immediately and just moved on to the next one, high bidder on another one, we'll see if my measly 24k hold out!
I wouldn't worry at all in your case. 24k is well above the average point holder and you should be able to get in tomorrow no problem. Maybe even tonight, as a bunch of auctions are still 12k - 20k range. But it's tough to tell.

Yeah, its seems like you will definitely need around 15k min to win a console. That kinda sucks, was really hoping to finally snag a console from one of these contests. Only have around 2k myself and probably will not get much more than that considering I have yet to even see a Dew code where I live. I guess Ill keep trying though. lol
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/321911-get-a-free-xbox-one-conga-line-real-with-proof/

We can get a lot of people free Xbox Ones if we work together!

Ugh in at 24k and don't feel so good about it, if someone wants o gift some points my way I'll hook it up, or we can try to work together

24k will get one in my opinion. There are many auctions that are still less than 20k. If you do not get one today, youll get one this week. I am positive 24k will be enough to get you one. I hope you get one. I only have 1850 points so far so I doubt that would really help you much anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the first day and a lot of auctions are still under 24k, I'm sure some people are waiting to low ball auctions at the last minute.

lmao @ 100,000 points on Auction 3.

It's the first day and a lot of auctions are still under 24k, I'm sure some people are waiting to low ball auctions at the last minute.

lmao @ 100,000 points on Auction 3.
Prize is worth less than 600 bucks, spends at least 1000 dollars on dew and doritos to win it. Derpin' hard. But those are the types of people I'm worried about with this contest. Everybody seems to be optimistic about the numbers getting lower. I think they're going to get higher throughout the month.

And with the auctions running all day, people can go to the store and spend 100 bucks on dew if they think they're close to getting their bid back.  Meh.

I'm at 21k points, and feeling pretty good about my chances, obviously i'm not bidding today, i have a buddy that might be willing to let me borrow 100 caps of his, then i keep collecting and feeding them to him.

Fantastic news that your points get refunded though i really didnt think they would, absolutely outstanding for me.

The first few days will go to the hardcore, but I'm confident anything 20,000 and up will win one eventually. I still can't believe someone threw 100,000 on a standard! Lol if that was me I would have saved it for an advanced or premium auction.

It's going to be fun watching the final few minutes of these auctions.

It's an AUCTION.  We aren't supposed to know who's gone all in.  We don't know what their max bid.

We can't even be sure if the high bidder isn't banking codes even today.

They may even have a reserve batch that could come in at the last minute and "secure" their already max bid.

The first few days will go to the hardcore, but I'm confident anything 20,000 and up will win one eventually. I still can't believe someone threw 100,000 on a standard! Lol if that was me I would have saved it for an advanced or premium auction.
You do realize that his high bid was "necessary" because there are already bidders just below them with a lower bid that was just notified they've been outbid, right?

So there are actually quite a number of people throwing up high bids.

Even though i have good cap sources, upwards of 10 a day, double that on a good day, i'm not even worried about going for one of the premium ones, i just want the system and i'll be happy. preferably with forza, but well see how that all plays out. near as i can tell there is next to no division of prefrence for the game, its the first set of auctions though so that may change.

You do realize that his high bid was "necessary" because there are already bidders just below them with a lower bid that was just notified they've been outbid, right?

Which makes it more ridiculous. Multiple users have reported that they receive their points back once they get outbid. There's 100-something other auctions going on where the highest bid is in the 20k range. I'm seriously questioning whether or not some of these guys know there's a "Load More Auctions" Button at the bottom of the page.

I'm going to just keep waiting, keep getting codes at work and see where I end up. Worst case I'll gift them to someone here since I don't even have an HD TV to play one on :D

Yes, I do seeing as right now I'm winning an auction with over 25,000. I knew people with crazy amounts would go all in in the first handful of auctions so I helped them raise their bid.

i really doubt any console will go for less than 35-40k today, probably similar for the week. I dont necessarily see the "cost" dropping below that since you'll have plenty of people getting refunded and just jumping right back into the pool.

i really doubt any console will go for less than 35-40k today, probably similar for the week. I dont necessarily see the "cost" dropping below that since you'll have plenty of people getting refunded and just jumping right back into the pool.

The interesting part is how big is the pool with 35-40k? If everyone went out and paid cash for that amount it would cost $300-$400 to reach that amount.

i'm a bit surprised myself really. i'm at 21k and havent spent a penny on any pepsi or dorito products! (I suppouse I do pay for the gas to check stores that have bottle returns though)

So I just noticed that contestants are only able to win one prize through the auction house and that you can gift points over to others (if you're linked in through FB).  Pretty interesting and I wonder how many people are just going to lateral points over to themselves.  Some of these auctions are ridiculous, I definitely wasn't as hardcore when it comes to scouring for caps.  Though I still feel pretty good about my chances...

I was maybe looking forward to getting an advanced auction, but that is out the door now seeing that the one for today is already at 100k. Just hoping I can win a regular console now.

So basically the premium auction will go to whoever bids 150k first with the way it's looking. hah

I do think these numbers will decrease pretty quickly if there are cool things in the marketplace for people.

First 5 people to PM me will enterned into my free codes drawing...

The messege must read:  "I want an Xbox One"

Thanks be fast!

I will PM you if you have been enterd. The slots are now full...

People who enterd:

vtswordfish  v1et r1ce  Orgymang  brownda1  BabyBiscuit

^ dammit

Anyone gifting or have codes PM me asap. I am going to win an Xbox One if it kills me. I'm close now I think.

really lost at how this is working, why are the auctions going for 10 hours, when does the every 2 min auctions start, is it at 9pm tonight untill 2 am.

really lost at how this is working, why are the auctions going for 10 hours, when does the every 2 min auctions start, is it at 9pm tonight untill 2 am.
I knew that was going to confuse people.

ALL of the auctions open at the same time each day. 2:01 a.m. Eastern Time.

The auctions don't end until after 9:00 P.M. the same day. That's where the every2minutes comes into play. Each of that day's auctions are going to close one after another, every2minutes.

When all the auctions are CLOSED, then it is time to OPEN a new day's set of auctions. ....

...and once again, those will start to close some 18+ HOURS later, again 9:00 P.M. Eastern time each day.

I knew that was going to confuse people.

ALL of the auctions open at the same time each day. 2:01 a.m. Eastern Time.

The auctions don't end until after 9:00 P.M. the same day. That's where the every2minutes comes into play. Each of that day's auctions are going to close one after another, every2minutes.

When all the auctions are CLOSED, then it is time to OPEN a new day's set of auctions. ....

...and once again, those will start to close some 18+ HOURS later, again 9:00 P.M. Eastern time each day.
thank you so much for your breakdown. i understand now. ill be waiting a while to bid on anything, not even close to 100,000 points

Up to 6200 now.  My hope to win is slim, but just going to keep plugging aloung. Outside my one dew a day I normally buy everything is coming from work recycling (at what point do I just to go every break room on the 40 plus floors?)

Well im up to 12,000 but it does not look like im going to get close.  I guess I am going to wait until near the end and just trade or sell my codes.  Its the only way I am going to win anything.

Ooooh, look at that!

Apparently when there is less than an hour to go in an auction the timer will turn RED:razz:

:whee:

Kind of disappointed this contest turned out to be almost nigh impossible to win with how easy the Xbox360 one was (though that was because of itnernet not as dominant and codes coming out after the contest started in many places).

Sucks... = (  My 10k isn't going to do anything...

bread's done
Back