Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

I guess , if I pay for the chips and soda I can just save it and drink it over time tho.

the codes are on the box of cans not the cans themselves and they normaly have a shelf life of a few months.

Anyway some auctions are already back up to 30k for tomorrow. So I think you will need at least 40k to win tomorrow
Not necessarily. I am betting we will see some low 30k bids towards the end of the night.

I dunno , like I said  i'm at 26. i'm going up to 30 tomorrow. I hope thast enough but I bet people in the low 30s will go up to at least the high 30s by tomorrow night

the last half of auctions apparently went for roughly what i suspected, 38-45k, obviously as time goes on this number actually might rise a little, but well see. I'm not seeing too much deviation on what people are bidding the most on. I would prefer Forza myself, but the nitty gritty means i'll bid on anything that i think i can win.

I managed to nab over 50 caps today, but only am sitting at 27k. I only checked half of my stores today though* so i'll be making the rounds tomorrow evening as well. Made a couple of good leads as well though.

*anyone not from michigan would be well to know that you pay, and can get back, a 10cent deposit on carbonated beverage bottles in this state, so nearly any party store accepts bottle returns as required by state law. Thankfully in my rural area almost no one has one of those bottle crushing recycling machines. Although 16 of my caps today came from one that does have a crusher, and i managed to make friends with one of the employees that offerd to save them for me.

i threw in a cursatory bid tonight, if i get outbid, i'll do it agian, driving auctions up to above what i have just weeds out those that might outbid me hopefully right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also since I'm on mobile, I'll double post.

I'd expect a lot of the knee jerk bidders to flop over to late night auctions now since they went for so cheap. I'd suggest if you're a 40 to 50k bidder to go for midrange auctions hoping the shunned high rollers are banking points on end of night auctions.

Well I'm over 38k so hopefully I'll win one tonight. My work schedule really screws this up for me or I would have gotten one yesterday. Anybody here win one yet?

I'm interested in the marketplace.  I'm not expecting huge prizes, but I gotta figure if you get to 10,000 you should be able to get something decent.  Oh, and if anyone wants to "gift" to me I'd more than welling to take some. We can work something out :)

I'm interested in buying points too! Message me if you are willing to sell. I really want the one.

Same here, I can always use more points.  I've got some things I can trade away for them (Slurpee point codes, game codes like Starcraft II and Aliens: Colonial Marines for PC, etc).

I have a 32 GB Nexus 7 (Gen 1) that Id be willing to gift for someone willing to gift me a good amount of points.
What is a good amount of points? There is a chance I might part with my ~12k points in a few weeks if I can't get more points or the auctions show no signs of being within my reach.

Editing this post out because i'm an idiot and i'm actually winning the auction >.<

Made some amazing transactions today. Was getting $4/1000 point increments. Now at 27k and feeling pretty good.

Grrr. I'd love to help you guys out, but I feel like I could make a hard effort this week and get into range, but if it's going to take 27k, I'm not going to come close even by black friday.

Target has things of 50 point code tear-offs in their drink area on an endcap. Just nab the entire thing off the display. Free points.

No I didn't gank any from my Target, I'm not bothering with this diabetes promotion. Don't want an Xbone or more diabetes, just figured someone would like to know they have free points at Target.

so i am mildly confused, if you're outbid you get your points back after the auction ends?

I apparently was outbid, but no points were refunded?

Points should come back immediately, they always have for me.
re reading the wording, i think if you are outbid immediately, as in you didnt bid high enough to be winning the auction, bam, points back right then and there.

It seems that if you are outbid in the scaling it holds them till the auction end. Its essentially a stopgap to keep people from just spamming all the auctions they can with their points to try and snake a win.

That's not true, I held the high bid on an auction for an hour or two and got outbid, the points came back right then.

I'm at 38k now, in it to win it!

I logged in today and it shows I have no points and no sweepstakes credits? I bid on an auction last night but it gave me the points back instantly when I was outbid. Is anyone else having this problem? 

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose points disappeared.  I entered 600 points worth and that is all I have right now!

We could hope they are doing some sort of code sweep to try and weed out the cheaters?

woah, wait a sec, my account got all straightened out, i was following the wrong auction.

so i entered some caps and it blasts my balance to -27k

So people right now entering get sent to negative balance, i wonder if these people can still use points... if not, i hope error lasts another 4 hours so i win the auction i'm leading.

Known issue per Pepsi, their techs are working on it and as long as the banked history is there dont worry per CS, since there is proof you had those points.

I waited on-hold for 30 minutes btw.

unfortunatly my point total got blasted to 350.... and the banked history is there, but it only goes back like 100 caps i think,.

They are working on it at least. From the site:

We have been made aware that there is an issue regarding points and we are working on addressing it as quickly as we can. Rest assured, all points and sweepstakes entries will be restored shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I hope it's damn "shortly" I have an Xbox to win.

bread's done
Back