Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

Still got plenty of stuff up for trade. I am looking to receive points.

I have:

Gears of War 2 All Fronts Collection digital code

Tons of UV codes for Blu-ray films (ex: Evil Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Dread 3D, Resident Evil Retribution). - PM for the whole list!

I just want to see someone knock off the high bidder at the very last second.  Come in with a higher bid in the final 10 seconds.  :razz:

Of course they will just move on to the next auction and re-bid to eventually score one.

Kind of disappointed this contest turned out to be almost nigh impossible to win with how easy the Xbox360 one was (though that was because of itnernet not as dominant and codes coming out after the contest started in many places).

Sucks... = ( My 10k isn't going to do anything...
It turned out exactly like I expected, which is why I didn't even bother. They aren't stupid. They won't let people get a $500 console just for buying a few bags and bottles.

It's only the first day, you guys blowing you wards here for no reason. Black friday they are giving out over 700 consoles, i doubt they will all go for 40k+ points

The first 3 auctions went for around 100K while Auction #3 just closed at 76K.

...and nobody is sniping at the last second.  :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that average is going to drop fast with nobody sniping and that one going for 76k. Looks like they'll keep dropping hopefully after these next few/tonight.

Edit: Anyone know what happens with the extra bid points? Say I bid 100k and the next closest bid was 90k. Does the winner get back that 10k or do they pay the full 100k points?

The reason there are no snipes is because the webiste is too damn slow to get a bid in lol. Anyone that has put a max bid in for the next ten auctions are probably good to go just because no one else can get on!

Not a bad strategy for future auctions, though...

I wonder if these ones sitting at 61k will see some snipes, or maybe people will realize they bid too high and not bother those ones.

edit: nope, one went for 61k

It turned out exactly like I expected, which is why I didn't even bother. They aren't stupid. They won't let people get a $500 console just for buying a few bags and bottles.
Obviously lol... but I didn't think they would be going for 100k each. That's like $1000 worth of stuff. lol

One just went for 51k...average keeps dropping for now.
Seems like there are a lot of us in the 20k-30k range, keep going back and forth with people on the 60+ auction range. Im at almost 28k, wished I was around 30k, feel like that'd get me there, I might have to make another walmart run tonight 3:)

Average is going to continue to drop for this contest, I'm almost sure of it.  Top auctions are already going for 50k or less.  Sub 20k wins will not be out of the question after the first week.

I am also looking to trade for codes, PM me with any proposition if you are interested.   

Seems like there are a lot of us in the 20k-30k range, keep going back and forth with people on the 60+ auction range. Im at almost 28k, wished I was around 30k, feel like that'd get me there, I might have to make another walmart run tonight 3:)
Hold on to those receipts so you can return unneeded product ;) Bottom is going to fall out soon.

there's a couple of 40k auctions right near the end lets see what they go for...

edit: Went for 41k

Cant get in to bid anyway lol so who knows. These people could be getting lucky.

Hold on to those receipts so you can return unneeded product ;) Bottom is going to fall out soon.
I'd say you're probably right, but I'm in it to win it at this point, hoping I can snag one tonight, I have 27800, not sure if it'll cut it, 30k or so would make me feel a little better.

And btw, if anyone's interested, I'll trade a 12 month live card for 3500 in codes.

Well I'd win one right now but my fucking bid wont go through. Or if it did I cant tell.

edit: nvm was immediately outbid. So it's only showing 1 point more than what the previous bidder put in.

Well I'd win one right now but my fucking bid wont go through. Or if it did I cant tell.

edit: nvm was immediately outbid. So it's only showing 1 point more than what the previous bidder put in.
That's called PROXY bidding. The person's high bid wasn't showing. You only saw their bid which eventually put them at the top.

When you submitted your bid the system incrementally placed a bid higher because the high bidder still wasn't at their actual max bid.

I would guess we'll see plenty more high bids in the coming days, just not so much for the standard auctions. I know if I had 100k points, I'd be waiting for a premium auction of my choosing instead of blowing it all on day one.

Crazy somebody used 100k for the first standard xbox. They'll probably regret it after the marketplace open... that is if they have anything good in there :joystick:

I'm sitting at 25k . Looks like the lowest its going to go tonight is the low 30ks .  So I might have to dump money at cvs tomorrow. 

So when is the marketplace supposed to open? Does anyone know what will be in there? Would love to buy or win a copy of Ryse or Dead Rising 3.

I think the more you have, the sooner, the better and its better to try to bid now than later since you get points back anyway. Looks like the high bidders fell off. Chances are if people are able to get that many points, its just a matter of time for them to recharge. Well, thats just for everyone.

well look at it this way. I'm at 25k and I can't bid anymore as the lowest one is at 26k.  So that means tomorrow the auctions will be able to go up to at least 26k.  IF winning bids continue going up into the 30k that means the bids will be at least 30k tomorrow.

Then i'm sure there are some people who are in the 20s like me and think oh well maybe another $20 or $30 and I can go out and get enough points to win and maybe some in the 10s that think that too.

I think its going to get worse the longer this goes on. We wont see many 100k + bids but I think its all going to be around 30k

people had a month tho  to hit the numbers they have now  even the 100k monsters wont recharge that fast. Aside from that there is a limit of one win. So they will have to gift to someone or have another address and account set up

people had a month tho to hit the numbers they have now even the 100k monsters wont recharge that fast. Aside from that there is a limit of one win. So they will have to gift to someone or have another address and account set up
Oh I promise you all those 100k+ are gifting to win multiple auctions, but I think you'll see those weed out over 3 or 4 days (hopefully!). I think people will still try to win 25k+ though.

yea , i'm at 26k .

The best deal is  cvs for mountain dew right ?

Whats the best place for doritos codes ? I might spend another $25 (that will bring me up to like $130 spent)

trying to find the cheapest way to 30k and then that's it i'm done lol if I win I win

apparently the market place will have some of the more expensive accessories like the racing wheel and fight stick. So we might see some people with tons of codes go for some of that stuff instead of multiple consoles

Anyone selling codes or trading? I still have digital goods or Amazon/Paypal. Looking to pay less than $1/100 points, though.

I bought a couple rounds of  1k points at $5 and of course willing to do that again :)

ha ! just around  on different forums . Seems like anyone wiling to sell  are dried up now tho.  I need another 4k points

Surprised they sold them to you that cheap, I'd gladly pay $8 or 9 for 1k points.
Too much. You can get 1k points and the products for the same price. You gotta drive down the price a bit, keep it reasonable for people who can't spend a fortune on just points XP.

EDIT: Some of us still have to pay for our PS4s you know =P

yea . cvs deal is what 3  200 point packs for $10 .  So that's  600  , wawa has the 100 point doritos for  $1  so  $3 gets you another 300. Your at 900 but since you enter a  dew / chip together you get another 150. So your at  1050 for only $13

actually cvs has dew for 88c a liter. So that's   1,000 points for  less than $10 there too. Pump another $10 for a 1,000 points of doritos and then you get   500 for linking the dews. So your at  2,500 points for $20.

not bad

Too much. You can get 1k points and the products for the same price. You gotta drive down the price a bit, keep it reasonable for people who can't spend a fortune on just points XP.

EDIT: Some of us still have to pay for our PS4s you know =P
Right, but then you also have to deal with the hassle of tracking down the product, opening them, finding the codes in the bags, etc. I"ve bought enough bags and junk, easier just to get the codes.

I guess , if I pay for the chips and soda I can just save it and drink it over time tho.

the codes are on the box of cans not the cans themselves and they normaly have a shelf life of a few months.

Anyway some auctions are already back up to 30k for tomorrow.  So I think you will need at least 40k to win tomorrow

bread's done
Back