MS Points 'retired', converted to money and then immediately spent?

howlinmad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Received an email tonight from MS Online Services that my points had been 'retired' and converted to money.  Ok, fine.

Immediately received 3 more where they were spent: Worms 2, Max Payne 3, and Monaco: What's Yours is Mine.  The cost = the same amount I had been credited.  

No idea how this happened.  Yes, I realize some type of hack, but not sure how.  I do not share passwords between sites or devices, noone else has it, never got any sort of notification that my password was reset or attempted to be reset, and my passwords are general nonsense.  

Called MS and they are 'researching' it, but offered that they couldn't have been hacked since they were Microsoft and 'are computers'.  I never said they were, just asked how it might have happened.  

Anyone else experienced this?  

I just double checked Xbox.com, and I'm still showing that I have points.

I got an email a while back saying they were going to get rid of points, but that email was maybe a week or two ago, and I still have points, and definetly haven't had them spend on anything...although I do wonder how I ended up with DLC for Left 4 Dead 2 when I don't own Left 4 Dead 2, and wouldn't pay for DLC for it if I did...

i havent, but lol @ microsoft "being computers" and never being hacked. :roll:
After the Sony hack and all the bad PR that caused MS's first reaction to these things is always "this isn't a hack"

If someone hacked Live and changed everyone's Bio to "you got hacked biatch" MS would claim it must have been "Social Engineering".

2 more calls and it looks like it was my actual account.  They have since locked it until they 'research it'.  No idea, usually I get laughed at for my passwords as I type them because they are so long and weird.  Guess somehow someone guessed it or has access to something else.  Oh well, hoping all goes well and they see it wasn't from my IP.  Whoever thought they had something can't play so guess it worked out.  

Well, they really are working on getting my business next gen....

After multiple calls, emails from them saying they will get back with me in two business days with either an update or resolution (it was over a week when I called and asked for it to be escalated since noone had gotten back to me), I now have a worthless solution.

- My account was converted to beta, so since I have the live dashboard, I cannot purchase anything even if I add points, it will always be 0 balance until the new dashboard.  They 'cannot convert it back or give me beta access'

- After telling them this was unacceptable and that I felt I was being punished for being a victim, I was given '1000 MS points for my inconvenience'.  All of which I still cannot spend.  

Oh well, guess I just wait now.   

Well, they really are working on getting my business next gen....
After multiple calls, emails from them saying they will get back with me in two business days with either an update or resolution (it was over a week when I called and asked for it to be escalated since noone had gotten back to me), I now have a worthless solution.

- My account was converted to beta, so since I have the live dashboard, I cannot purchase anything even if I add points, it will always be 0 balance until the new dashboard. They 'cannot convert it back or give me beta access'

- After telling them this was unacceptable and that I felt I was being punished for being a victim, I was given '1000 MS points for my inconvenience'. All of which I still cannot spend.

Oh well, guess I just wait now.

Lol, "here's $10 now shut up." Literally what they said. Lol.

when someone  hacks M$ and your XBL account get F**K UP instead of fixing it they ban ur account

bread's done
Back