Muramasa $13.06 new + $1 shipping

Woah I was actually just researching this game today and I was thinking I'd get it off Amazon for $27.

Anyways, it says it's temporarily out of stock... Should I still order?

[quote name='panzerfaust']Woah I was actually just researching this game today and I was thinking I'd get it off Amazon for $27.

Anyways, it says it's temporarily out of stock... Should I still order?[/QUOTE]

Used is OOS, not new.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Used is OOS, not new.[/QUOTE]

Says OOS for both on my screen, no place to add to cart. Think I'll just go with FYE on this.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Says OOS for both on my screen, no place to add to cart. Think I'll just go with FYE on this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it seems both are OOS with the first link, I bought from the second, still a really good deal. Dunno how trustworthy the site is though, I'd advise using paypal.

[quote name='Graviex']Yeah it seems both are OOS with the first link, I bought from the second, still a really good deal. Dunno how trustworthy the site is though, I'd advise using paypal.[/QUOTE]

... It's Wherehouse. A national chain. So is FYE.

I think this is pretty sad, such a beautiful game and this is all its worth? If only more people would give it a chance. This game made me buy a wii and this game alone.

[quote name='Vegan']... It's Wherehouse. A national chain. So is FYE.[/QUOTE]

I know what wherehouse is, but honestly never heard of FYE before, or anything about its legitimacy. Either way though, paypal should always be used regardless of where you buy from.

[quote name='ChadThyJuggla']good alternative for those who can't find a copy at sears.[/QUOTE]

How much is it going for at Sears? I might have to drive down there tomorrow since the Wherehouse is OOS.

[quote name='DaButtonMasher']How much is it going for at Sears? I might have to drive down there tomorrow since the Wherehouse is OOS.[/QUOTE]
I heard its about 5 bucks at sears now.

[quote name='Graviex']I know what wherehouse is, but honestly never heard of FYE before, or anything about its legitimacy. Either way though, paypal should always be used regardless of where you buy from.[/QUOTE]

They're legit. They're all owned by Transworld Entertainment (along with secondspin.com and spun.com). You might have an FYE in your local mall.

It's back in stock. I just bought one.

edit: I must have bought the last one :/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's out of stock at spun.com again. Why would new copies pop in and out of stock intermittently? I wonder if these new copies are actually used trade-ins. That would explain the fluctuating inventory.

Very good game. Gorgeous 2D graphics, some very memorable boss fights, and lots of Japanese lore thrown in (if you've played Okami, you will have fought many of the same demons from Japanese mythology before.) The combat gets a bit repetitive at times; hell, even the beautiful 2D backdrops get stale and repetitive at times, but there's a lot of variety to the swords and their unique special attacks and combat is fast-paced and fun.

I enjoyed this at $30, anything under $20 is a great price and I definitely recommend it :)

Great deal. I just did the RadioShack ship to store... I was hoping for sub $20 copy so $16 (after tax) is a good price for this game. Thanks OP and others.

[quote name='62t']I like this game, just not as much as I like Odin Sphere[/QUOTE]
This.

[quote name='mokmoof']It would be epic if Amazon price-matched this. I can't imagine a better use for my $20 Super Mario Galaxy 2 credit.[/QUOTE]
And this too.

[quote name='NegativeZero']I think this is pretty sad, such a beautiful game and this is all its worth? If only more people would give it a chance. This game made me buy a wii and this game alone.[/QUOTE]
Odin Sphere was the same thing (Vanillaware made both). Was it worth playing? Hell no, gameplay was downright horrible.

Still, I'm hoping this is halfway decent.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Odin Sphere was the same thing (Vanillaware made both). Was it worth playing? Hell no, gameplay was downright horrible.

Still, I'm hoping this is halfway decent.[/QUOTE]

If you dont like Odin Sphere then you probably wont like this game.

Haven't played Odin Sphere but they seem similar enough. Muramasa seems much faster though. Good game at about the right price.

The Sears price is definitely YMMV. I went to one Sears and found none, the other had it for over $20.

Driving all over town drove my kids crazy, but I did score a Dead Space Extraction for $15.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back