Muramasa and Odin Sphere coming to PSN/XBLA as HD ports

YES! I've been wanting to play these for a while. Good things truly comes to those that wait.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I am so, so happy to hear this! In for Odin Sphere! Unsure about Muramasa, I dont' know anything about it.[/QUOTE]

Muramasa is basically amazing.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Muramasa is basically amazing.[/QUOTE]
Muramasa is also basically the same exact thing as Odin Sphere (although, a little better).

Man this is awesome, looking forward to trying Muramasa... didn't really enjoy Odin Sphere, but still this is really cool.

Muramasa is pretty good... but I never finished it. I think HD graphics and revamped controls (ie X360 or Ps3 controller) might be enough for me to get back into it. I hope it's not over $15.

[quote name='Gerry P.']Muramasa should have Move support, right?[/QUOTE]

No, no Move -- it didn't use any motion controls in the first place.

[quote name='62t']I hope they can fix the control for Muramasa[/QUOTE]

[quote name='evyrew']I think HD graphics and revamped controls (ie X360 or Ps3 controller) might be enough for me to get back into it.[/QUOTE]

This confuses me. I played it on a GameCube controller, and I think it supported the Classic, too.

I'd rather get a physical release... don't really trust MS or Sony and their digital content.

But I guess this is good news if they can fix the damn slowdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='trq']This confuses me. I played it on a GameCube controller, and I think it supported the Classic, too.[/QUOTE]

I played it using the Wii-mote and nunchuck. Jumping was a bit clunky with the analog stick, sometimes it would register a jump when I just wanted to walk forward, or not register a double jump when I wanted it to...

[quote name='evyrew']I played it using the Wii-mote and nunchuck. Jumping was a bit clunky with the analog stick, sometimes it would register a jump when I just wanted to walk forward, or not register a double jump when I wanted it to...[/QUOTE]
I played with the wii-mote combo, and I never had a problem. Or, at least, not enough that it was a lasting annoyance.

[quote name='dallow']Tip I learned from another cag, play with an arcade stick.[/QUOTE]
Me? You cant rotate the overhead map though, because that uses the right stick. Unless you've got one of those TE sticks where you can switch which stick it is on the fly.

I did not have such a stick at the time, so I had to plug a controller back in if I wanted to scroll around the map.

Now I can finish Odin Sphere, as some of the later parts of that game are almost unplayable due to slowdown from putting too much stuff in the background.

Good thing I kept putting off buying the Wii version of Muramasa. And I might be willing to give Odin Sphere a second chance now, because I didn't like it for the hour or two that I played of the PS2 version on a rental.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Odin Sphere a PS2 game? Cute graphic, sort of an action RPG? So, if it's making way to PSN/XBLA, that means trophies/achievements? Sounds very sweet to me :)

This is awesome. Beyond awesome. I was planning on picking up Muramasa multiple times cause CAGs posted deals... glad I didn't suckers! haha

I've already put 30 hours into the Wii version, it was well worth it. Easily one of the most underrated titles for the system.

I'm not going to sit here and tout it as a AAA masterpiece, but it's definitely one of the top games for the system.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm not going to sit here and tout it as a AAA masterpiece, but it's definitely one of the top games for the system.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't say much, to be honest.

Damn, I'm still playing the copy of Odin Sphere I got from one of big low ball sales in the early summer. Oh well, it's actually a great game and not sure putting it in "HD" will add anything because of the art style. I might consider it if some of the slowdown problems are fixed and it's $15.

I'd love to be able to play Odin Sphere again in HD, and I have yet to play Muramasa. Trophies doesn't hurt either.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Now I can finish Odin Sphere, as some of the later parts of that game are almost unplayable due to slowdown from putting too much stuff in the background.[/QUOTE]

If you have the option, play it on a BC PS3. I found from just a whim, the slowdown was either greatly diminished or just gone.

[quote name='odin08']
If you have the option, play it on a BC PS3. I found from just a whim, the slowdown was either greatly diminished or just gone.[/QUOTE]

Really? I'll have to try that with Odin Sphere.

I don't know if I care for trophies in Odin Sphere though. It was a fun game but the final few levels were ridiculously hard and the final boss was just plain insane. Of course, if they fix the slowdown, it'll be a much more manageable.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Glad everyone on earth ignored Muramasa on Wii and now we get it in HD. Good job everyone. I mean it.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. I agree with you. I really wanted to play it and never got around to playing it. Now I will and in HD!

That's crazy lame. Cool they're coming, but lame it's not as retail products, both because you can't own them, and because they may not be as high end as they'd otherwise be.

[quote name='dallow']Tip I learned from another cag, play with an arcade stick.[/QUOTE]

I should check that out since I just got the TvC stick. Does it work with Klonoa as well?

[quote name='blitz6speed']Glad everyone on earth ignored Muramasa on Wii and now we get it in HD. Good job everyone. I mean it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! It's great when good games don't sell! Maybe we can collectively put Vanillaware out of business next! Remember: if it's not HD, it's not a REAL game!

sweet .. but serious ppl does it need to be HD in order to be a "great" game? .. both games on their own right are just so freaking awesome: artwork, gameplay, storyline .. it just so freaking sweet

I want both on one Blu-ray. Unfortunately, I preordered Muramasa the Wii version :( Maybe I can get a few dollars off of it towards the good copy of the game. I really hope this rumor is true!

bread's done
Back