Must have Accessories and Games for GBA-SP

keviningeorgia

CAGiversary!
I’m going to use the $140 I have at EB after my pickups at TRU to get a GBA-SP. I’m going to be traveling a lot the next few months, mostly via plane.

2 questions:
What Accessories are “must have”? (Battery, Headphones)

Also what games should I pick up? On Xbox I enjoy a little of everything but seem to play mostly RPG’s, Shooters and occasionally Sims.

Thanks,
Kevin

[quote name='keviningeorgia']I’m going to use the $140 I have at EB after my pickups at TRU to get a GBA-SP. I’m going to be traveling a lot the next few months, mostly via plane.

2 questions:
What Accessories are “must have”? (Battery, Headphones)[/quote]

I'm not sure if it's still being sold, but there was a pretty nice Best Buy-exclusive accessory pack from Pelican that sold for $20, $15 after GGC. It has a nice leather pouch for the SP, a highly rated screen magnifier, a battery pack that lasts about 150% of the playtime as the original SP battery (plus a tiny screwdriver to help you open the battery compartment), a USB charger cable, a screen protector and a cloth cleaner for the screen. I find the latter two to be quite useless but the rest all come in handy for me, especially the leather case and the screen magnifier. The set was a great deal at $15 especially when I could see the individual items on the same shelf selling for $6-10 each!

I'd say headphone adapter, cause your standard headphones won't work on the SP, and Cigarette adapter cable, so you can get power on the plane.

You may also want to check for a headphone adapter that has a passthrough. Otherwise you will not be able to use headphones and the AC adapter/recharger simultaneously. FYI, the official Nintendo headphone adapter does not have a passthrough.

bread's done
Back