My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping for a sale on MLB 2K13 while this coupon is active. I heard the game wasn't great, but I have some credit and I'm willing to decide myself for $25 or so!

[quote name='GamerDude316']^Perhaps he only has a 360 as 2K is the only baseball option there.

I might be interested if it hits under $20[/QUOTE]

Based on the fact that they have trophies for some PS3 games on their gamer card I highly doubt that is true.

[quote name='GamerDude316']^Perhaps he only has a 360 as 2K is the only baseball option there.

I might be interested if it hits under $20[/QUOTE]

Makes sense except he's a level 10 PSN according to his signature.

yeah, I actually have The Show '13 on its way from Amazon, but I just happen to be a big baseball fan and would like to try both, even tho I know which one is better. Just the OCD in me requires me to own both games and a baseball game for each system! ;) But thanks for your concerns, I know what I am getting into with 2K vs The Show! But again, OCD...

[quote name='mightymek']yeah, I actually have The Show '13 on its way from Amazon, but I just happen to be a big baseball fan and would like to try both, even tho I know which one is better. Just the OCD in me requires me to own both games and a baseball game for each system! ;) But thanks for your concerns, I know what I am getting into with 2K vs The Show! But again, OCD...[/QUOTE]

Haha as long as you have the show all is good :D It really does blow 2k out of the water it's a shame because the Nba 2k series is so amazing.

[quote name='Ric Flair']$15 off MLB 2k13 is still too high for me. Figured the price would be much lower considering the poor reviews & sales.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'm just hoping this game, for some reason, doesn't fall into the college basketball category where the price just never seems to go down.

BBY is really trying to clear out WOW: Mists of Pandaria. There's this $10 off coupon on the standard edition and the April @Gamer magazine has a coupon for $20 off the collector's edition.

[quote name='Dund3r']BBY is really trying to clear out WOW: Mists of Pandaria. There's this $10 off coupon on the standard edition and the April @Gamer magazine has a coupon for $20 off the collector's edition.[/QUOTE]
no matter how cheap they are selling it for, you still have to pay for monthly subscription fee.

That's tempting on the hardcover strategy guides (specifically Bioshock Infinite) because they sure look nice on a bookshelf, but ehhh...

Man, it's too bad this won't work online on the guides you can preorder, like The Last of Us CE and Resident Evil: Revelations guides, even though they're listed among the eligible guides. I'd love to get those for half off.

...Maybe it's worth a phone call to CS? :lol: It's not like the promotion says anything about the guides having to be in-stock...

If I could do it, I'd only try for The Last of Us CE, since I'd like that one more.

Not a bad deal if you like game guides but do people really buy them and use them like that or just for the novelty of having it? I just check out Gamefaqs if I need help with anything in a game.

[quote name='Vigilante']Man, it's too bad this won't work online on the guides you can preorder, like The Last of Us CE and Resident Evil: Revelations guides, even though they're listed among the eligible guides. I'd love to get those for half off.

...Maybe it's worth a phone call to CS? :lol: It's not like the promotion says anything about the guides having to be in-stock...

If I could do it, I'd only try for The Last of Us CE, since I'd like that one more.[/QUOTE]
The Last of Us CE does work on the website lol. I just tried it. :hot:

[quote name='htz']The Last of Us CE does work on the website lol. I just tried it. :hot:[/QUOTE]:shock: WHA?! How??? I add it to my cart and sign in, but the price doesn't update! :???:

[quote name='Vigilante']:shock: WHA?! How??? I add it to my cart and sign in, but the price doesn't update! :???:[/QUOTE]
lastofus.png

Shows up automatically for me.

[quote name='htz']
lastofus.png

Shows up automatically for me.[/QUOTE]:cry: Not for me, no matter how many times I sign out and sign back in, with-or-without the guide in my cart... :wall:

EDIT: Huh, it actually isn't taking 50% off any guide I put in my cart. Did you have to claim the offer like with previous offers? I technically didn't do that yet (I don't see it listed on myrz.com ATM).

[quote name='Vigilante']:cry: Not for me, no matter how many times I sign out and sign back in, with-or-without the guide in my cart... :wall:

EDIT: Huh, it actually isn't taking 50% off any guide I put in my cart. Did you have to claim the offer like with previous offers? I technically didn't do that yet (I don't see it listed on myrz.com ATM).[/QUOTE]

Are you on the mobile site? I was and It wouldn't work until I when to the desktop site.

[quote name='ea_woods']Are you on the mobile site? I was and It wouldn't work until I when to the desktop site.[/QUOTE]Nope--Bestbuy.com.

[quote name='Vigilante']:cry: Not for me, no matter how many times I sign out and sign back in, with-or-without the guide in my cart... :wall:

[/QUOTE]

Odd...got it working for me. Now I need to decide if I wanna do it :lol:

EDIT: Huh, it actually isn't taking 50% off any guide I put in my cart. Did you have to claim the offer like with previous offers? I technically didn't do that yet (I don't see it listed on myrz.com ATM).[/QUOTE]

Didn't work for me either, on multiple guides. I just gave up.

Purchasing online doesn't require you to redeem the offer on myrz.com, only if you want to purchase in store. As long as you have your RZ account properly linked to your Best Buy account everything is automatically discounted once you add to cart.

I finally got it to work--I gave it a shot in Internet Explorer and the 50% discount kicked in automatically. I guess BBY.com just doesn't like Firefox. :lol: Thanks for the heads-up about the discount working on The Last of Us CE, htz! $12.50+tax after using a $5 RZ certificate sounds great to me. ;)

[quote name='Trace17']Didn't work for me either, on multiple guides. I just gave up.[/QUOTE]Try a different web browser like I did and see if the discount applies.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']I hope that Last of Us guide is nice, I decided to bite on it.[/QUOTE]
Bradygame guides are usually hit and miss. I prefer piggyback guides but the tomb raider and bioshock infinite guides from them lately have been awesome.

[quote name='panda911']BBY needs to hurry up and list the Skyrim Legendary CE guide.[/QUOTE]:shock: That would be SO AWESOME. A 1100+ page guide/tome for $25? Yes, please. ;)

The discount worked for me when I used IE but not when I used chrome. Picking up Bioshock Limited edition. Has anyone had any issues with guides being damaged when buying them from best buy?

[quote name='htz']Bradygame guides are usually hit and miss. I prefer piggyback guides but the tomb raider and bioshock infinite guides from them lately have been awesome.[/QUOTE]

I never really order from Best Buy.com but I'm assuming I can cancel before it comes out in June so I'll wait to see what it looks like :)

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Kinda want to get the Bioshock Infinite LE guide just for the keychain.

decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

With an Icon of Elizabeth how can you not? I would recommend it just in case it sells out and if you change your mind you can always return it. Even with tax my order was still cheaper than amazon before tax. Now, would you kindly order this strategy guide?

Has anyone ordered more than one guide?

I'm having all sorts of issues with my cart. I was using Firefox and then IE. Couldn't get more than one guide at 50% off in the cart. Using IE I was able to preorder Last of Us guide but then trying to order the Tomb Raider guide the price goes back to full after I click checkout. I guess I'll quit while I'm ahead since the guide I really wanted was Last of Us.

Edit: Never mind. Got the second order to go through when I went back to Firefox.

Starcraft guide for $7.50 and AC III CE for $3.50 are nice, but I already have those.

To answer the earlier question about buying guides, I usually buy CE versions for games I really like when there's a nice discount. More for collecting and a psuedo artbook than actually as a guide.

[quote name='salty tbone']Has anyone ordered more than one guide?

I'm having all sorts of issues with my cart. I was using Firefox and then IE. Couldn't get more than one guide at 50% off in the cart. Using IE I was able to preorder Last of Us guide but then trying to order the Tomb Raider guide the price goes back to full after I click checkout. I guess I'll quit while I'm ahead since the guide I really wanted was Last of Us.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the Bioshock Infinite LE guide and signed out before reading your post. Using IE i went back to the site, added the LE Last of Us guide, signed in, proceeded to my cart and I am receiving the discount. Maybe try different steps with signing in?

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']With an Icon of Elizabeth how can you not? I would recommend it just in case it sells out and if you change your mind you can always return it. Even with tax my order was still cheaper than amazon before tax. Now, would you kindly order this strategy guide?[/QUOTE]

Ordered. :D

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Bioshock LE guide is tempting but after getting the Halo 4/Ac3 guides for so cheap, and just now getting the Heart of the Swarm guide for $7.50 it's hard to pay over $10 for a guide anymore haha.[/QUOTE]

Edit: Speaking of the Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Guide, They have it back in stock for $7. Just ordered one for $3.50!

For some reason on Chrome, every time I switched it to shipping the 50% discount went away. However with Internet Explorer it worked fine. Just a little fyi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bioshock LE guide is tempting but after getting the Halo 4/Ac3 guides for so cheap, and just now getting the Heart of the Swarm guide for $7.50 it's hard to pay over $10 for a guide anymore haha.

[quote name='Vigilante']:shock: That would be SO AWESOME. A 1100+ page guide/tome for $25? Yes, please. ;)[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling Amazon will lower the pre-order price in due time when the guide is either soon to be out or a few days after it's been released. I have the original CE guide for Skyrim and the price for it was about $22-24 when it first came out. *crossing fingers*

[quote name='Liquid Metal']Would this stack with the 15% @gamer discount if I buy a game?[/QUOTE]

I tried to do it online and all it did was take 50% off the guide. Maybe in store but I doubt it.

I got the 1600+400 points deal back on 4/22 and I'm STILL fighting Best Buy to get my 400 bonus points. I have to call them for the 6th time tomorrow because they still haven't sent them despite promising me I'd have them by end of day Thursday 5/9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back