My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Is the guide discount valid on a price match? No where do I see it say Not valid with other offers...

EDIT: YMMV but I was able to combine the 50% off with amazons price of $22.29 on The Last of Us CE guide. So I got the guide for $10 in rewards and $1.22 in gift card balance. Essentially $11.22 for the guide. Again YMMV but no where in their price match policy or on this promotion (CURRENTLY) does it state not valid with other offers, so that was how I was able to get it done.

[quote name='Liquid Metal']did you buy a game with it? it has to be a new game.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't stack. It only accepts the 50% discount at most. Tried with the Last of Us preorder to no avail.

The 15% offer says it may not be combined with other offers, the best thing to try and get is the 50% off with the amazon price, YMMV like I said.

I am a HUGE StarCraft fan, I own WoL CE and the CE guide for WoL even though my computer can't play it to save its life. My question is...should I get the CE guide for HotS even though I do not own HotS...?

It wouldn't allow the offer on both guides in one single order, but I did manage to get it to work on two separate orders. We'll see if both orders are fulfilled

The promotion is now listed on the RZ site and says not valid on other offers, so I am unsure if anyone will be able to get them to PM amazon and get the 50% off. YMMV as well, but now I feel kinda bad, but there was nothing there when I called them on the phone like an hour ago.

Has anyone tried this in store yet?
I've used this offer before . Do you still just claim the offer on our reward zone account and it auto deducts at the register?

I wish there was a cheap guide price list . Don't really want to scan guides forever in best buy.

[quote name='warboss zorbag']Has anyone tried this in store yet?
I've used this offer before . Do you still just claim the offer on our reward zone account and it auto deducts at the register?

I wish there was a cheap guide price list . Don't really want to scan guides forever in best buy.[/QUOTE]

Used what offer before? Today is the first day, it just started. If you mean the coupon in the welcome packet, that offer is different from this one.

I do not think you need to claim anything on the RZ site. All it says is "get coupon" and not "claim offer". The coupon is just a bar code with your RZ card info, so it's not a real coupon.

And there is a cheap guide price list. Go to Best Buy, look up their guides then sort low to high...

[quote name='nextisland']are there any loopholes to get a price match at bestbuy, its been like 17 days[/QUOTE]

If you are premiere silver...you can just buy it at the cheaper price and return the old one, tell the rep that and maybe they'll just do a price match since that'll be less work overall.

If you are not premiere silver, just hope you get someone who understands that it's only 2 days past the price match window and they'll do it.

No loopholes besides getting an employee who actually cares.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If you are premiere silver...you can just buy it at the cheaper price and return the old one, tell the rep that and maybe they'll just do a price match since that'll be less work overall.

If you are not premiere silver, just hope you get someone who understands that it's only 2 days past the price match window and they'll do it.

No loopholes besides getting an employee who actually cares.[/QUOTE]
The system itself will not allow it and there is no override option.

[quote name='klimb22']The system itself will not allow it and there is no override option.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. The girl told she'd like to help me but the computer would not allowed.

[quote name='NewYorkHitta']It wont give me the discount....only assassins creed it gives it to me[/QUOTE]

Are you a gamers club member? If so it's one guide per order o get he discount on each guide.

Surprised this worked with guides on pre-order as well. I'll take getting the Last of Us CE guide for 17.50 though.

I pre-ordered the Resident Evil Revelations guide earlier today for $10 (plus tax). But I attempted to pre-order the guide for The Last of Us and the 50% off did not work. So go figure.

[quote name='GamerDude316']will this work on preorders? Would love to preorder the Legendary Skyrim guide releasing next month for half off.[/QUOTE]

You must not have read the posts above you. Regardless, they don't have the guide or game listed, so you wouldn't be able to yet anyways.

[quote name='Bizzquik']I pre-ordered the Resident Evil Revelations guide earlier today for $10 (plus tax). But I attempted to pre-order the guide for The Last of Us and the 50% off did not work. So go figure.[/QUOTE]

It says the offer is only good one time, so that's probably why. I had no problem getting The Last of Us guide.

Be careful with multiple orders.. I tried it and it added to cart correctly with the half off.. but when I went to final checkout, it reverted back to full price. I could not get it to work more than once.

Does the promotion state anywhere limit 1 per customer?? If it doesn't I'd call up and perhaps they can just place the order for you and manually apply 50% off. It says Limit 1 Offer per person...but it also says ALL guides, it doesn't say save 50% on any one guide. The wording on it is really weird.

[quote name='fyrflash1969']Be careful with multiple orders.. I tried it and it added to cart correctly with the half off.. but when I went to final checkout, it reverted back to full price. I could not get it to work more than once.[/QUOTE]

What I did to fix that problem was use a different browser for the second order. I used Chorme for the first order and Internet Explorer for the second.

that 4000 point deal is stupid when 3 weeks ago they were offering 400 with the 1600 points. This week is no good on deals

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']What I did to fix that problem was use a different browser for the second order. I used Chorme for the first order and Internet Explorer for the second.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
Going from Firefox (for Resident Evil Revelations guide) to Chrome (for The Last of Us guide) did the trick!

Just an FYI, the 50% off is working in store as well but you have to ring it up as separate orders to get 50% off of each guide if you are buying more than one. It will only take 50% off the highest price guide if you try to have them ring it all in one transaction in store. I had to do 3 transactions to get the system to automatically ring them up correctly. I got Ni No Kuni (Hardcover) for $19.99, Far Cry 3 for $4.99, and AC III LE (hardcover) for $3.49

Also, no need to a print physical coupon as it is tied to your reward zone account once you "claim" the offer

I don't consider this much of a deal. Amazon has the best prices for guides. I got the NNK guide for $22.50 back around its release date. I'd rather pay a few more bucks and get the amazing Amazon customer service compared to the heartless bastards (obviously not all are) BB employees tend to be. The AC3 LE guide is a different story. I only normally buy RPG guides so I'm still gonna pass but that is a decent deal for $3.50

[quote name='finsfan0210']I'd rather pay a few more bucks and get the amazing Amazon customer service compared to the heartless bastards (obviously not all are) BB employees tend to be. [/QUOTE]

Obviously, YMMV.

When I popped in to buy my ACIII guide for $3.70, I also picked up a cheap openbox laptop for my wife. I also did my gamers club renewal at the same time, so the gal behind the counter ended up doing three seperate transactions to di it properly. She kept apologising the entire time for the delays in checking out, which I had no problems with at all.

After she was done, and I told her it really wasn't a big deal at all, she came around the counter and gave me a big hug thanking me for my patience.

If you can go to a BB with great customer service, fill out those surveys every time you shop there, and be sure to let them know how much you appreciate it.

I love going into our local BB, because they treat us like royalty.

Ordered the StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Collectors Edition guide for less than $8. Good deal for it, didn't know the BB website would include that guide, so thats a plus.

[quote name='finsfan0210'] I'd rather pay a few more bucks and get the amazing Amazon customer service compared to the heartless bastards (obviously not all are) BB employees tend to be. The AC3 LE guide is a different story. [/QUOTE]

you sound so cool :roll:

Semi-off topic, but...

I had the chance to play Halo 4 with the guy who wrote the guide last night and he was asking me how the community enjoyed the guide because they were trying something different with that guide in terms of really trying to make it premium and stand out. I told him that everyone I saw who commented on it really enjoyed the build quality and the detail on the cover, but I couldn't comment on the content.

So if anyone out there has looked the guide over or even used the guide, can you perhaps comment on the actual content within it?

[quote name='finsfan0210']I don't consider this much of a deal. Amazon has the best prices for guides. I got the NNK guide for $22.50 back around its release date. I'd rather pay a few more bucks and get the amazing Amazon customer service compared to the heartless bastards (obviously not all are) BB employees tend to be. The AC3 LE guide is a different story. I only normally buy RPG guides so I'm still gonna pass but that is a decent deal for $3.50[/QUOTE]

I don't know WTF you're talking about. EVERY guide I looked at is cheaper with the 50% off (AND with free shipping) than Amazon. I'm not CustomerServiceAssGamer, I'm a CheapAssGamer... I'll use this coupon a couple more times until I'm done...

I don't think the whole one at a time thing works anymore. I just tried. I got one. When I try to get another it shows up at half off when I go to my cart, but when I get to the final order screen it goes back up to full price.

EDIT: After playing with it some more, I got The Last of Us CE guide preorder to go through for half off. It may work, but if Einstein catches you trying to take advantage of this deal more than once he'll call you insane. Just shove it in his face if it happens to work.

I apologize as this has probably been answered already, but has anyone tried getting a guide PM and seeing if it will still apply the 50% off as well?

Thanks for anyone who answers.

[quote name='Gareee']Obviously, YMMV.

After she was done, and I told her it really wasn't a big deal at all, she came around the counter and gave me a big hug thanking me for my patience.[/QUOTE]

This made me think of the wink and shh legend. :lol:

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']I apologize as this has probably been answered already, but has anyone tried getting a guide PM and seeing if it will still apply the 50% off as well?

Thanks for anyone who answers.[/QUOTE]

I was able to PM amazon and get 50% off TLOU CE guide, and but that was before the full terms were posted saying markdowns taken from normal price and cannot be used with other offers.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Semi-off topic, but...

I had the chance to play Halo 4 with the guy who wrote the guide last night and he was asking me how the community enjoyed the guide because they were trying something different with that guide in terms of really trying to make it premium and stand out. I told him that everyone I saw who commented on it really enjoyed the build quality and the detail on the cover, but I couldn't comment on the content.

So if anyone out there has looked the guide over or even used the guide, can you perhaps comment on the actual content within it?[/QUOTE]

Whoa,
Are you talking about Alexander Musa or David Hodgson?
If its David Hodgson, he is the best in the business. He's done the outstanding Skyrim and Fallout guides, among the many many others.

The guide is very good though. Especially the intel sections. I'll be honest, both my son and I wished there had been a little more about the different Spartan armors. Also, maybe something regarding the more difficult acheievements. Both the Reach and CEA guides did short strategies for the more involved achievements in those games.
The Campaign walkthrough was well done, and it was nice to have the Legendary tips, as in past guides.
Halo games are not typically games that strategy guides are needed really, but it was great to read someone elses strategy for the campaign. I don't play multiplayer very often, but I did find myself checking out the War Games section a few times, and found the breakdown of the maps EXTREMELY helpful.

BTW, having both the Hardcover and paperback, I was very happy to see that there was actually something extra in the hardcover, rather than just the cover. The Behind the Scenes section was outstanding, and well worth the extra cost.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Whoa,
Are you talking about Alexander Musa or David Hodgson?
If its David Hodgson, he is the best in the business. He's done the outstanding Skyrim and Fallout guides, among the many many others.

The guide is very good though. Especially the intel sections. I'll be honest, both my son and I wished there had been a little more about the different Spartan armors. Also, maybe something regarding the more difficult acheievements. Both the Reach and CEA guides did short strategies for the more involved achievements in those games.
The Campaign walkthrough was well done, and it was nice to have the Legendary tips, as in past guides.
Halo games are not typically games that strategy guides are needed really, but it was great to read someone elses strategy for the campaign. I don't play multiplayer very often, but I did find myself checking out the War Games section a few times, and found the breakdown of the maps EXTREMELY helpful.

BTW, having both the Hardcover and paperback, I was very happy to see that there was actually something extra in the hardcover, rather than just the cover. The Behind the Scenes section was outstanding, and well worth the extra cost.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying, Alexander Musa is the person I am referring to. I will relay that to him the next time I talk, I am sure he'll appreciate the feedback. I do know he had little to no hand in the online portion, that was handled by people at MLG, not sure if staff or gamers, but he admits multiplayer is not his strong suit so they went to the professionals at MLG for help with that.

Prima got me in touch with him when I requested I get some assistance in writing a walkthrough for Metro Last Light for them, which I am currently in the process of doing. Not a print guide mind you, just something for their website, but it's a start.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Thanks for replying, Alexander Musa is the person I am referring to. [/QUOTE]

Well, let him know he did a fine job. I typically prefer Brady guides, unless it's by Hodgson, but I very much liked this one.

Enough so that I own 4 copies. 2 Hardcovers & 2 paperbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back