My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Shimisi']AC3: CE Guide is back in stock for shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for posting. Shocked to see it isn't oos yet. Grabbed one for $3.75 after tax. Guess it'll come in handy to use when I eventually get around to playing that free downloaded copy.

Just got my guides. The Assassin's Creed 3: CE Guide corners are pretty bent up. And my Bioshock Infinite LE guide is in even worst shape. The corners aren't bent up quite as bad as the AC3 guide, but somehow there are 3 big dents in the back of the guide. Which I'm not really sure how that could happened since the packaging that's attached to the back, that contains the keychain, was in perfect shape.

Is there anyway I might be able to go to a Best Buy and exchange it for another one?

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Just got my guides. The Assassin's Creed 3: CE Guide corners are pretty bent up. And my Bioshock Infinite LE guide is in even worst shape. The corners aren't bent up quite as bad as the AC3 guide, but somehow there are 3 big dents in the back of the guide. Which I'm not really sure how that could happened since the packaging that's attached to the back, that contains the keychain, was in perfect shape.

Is there anyway I might be able to go to a Best Buy and exchange it for another one?[/QUOTE]

As long as you go to a BB that has one, yep 100% you can exchange it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']As long as you go to a BB that has one, yep 100% you can exchange it.[/QUOTE]

Alright, Thanks.

Hopefully everybody else's come in better shape than mine.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Alright, Thanks.

Hopefully everybody else's come in better shape than mine.[/QUOTE]
The guide for Infinite is one of the better ones in recent day's IMO, they kept the outside classy and it reminded me a lot of the Dues Ex:HR CE Guide in that opinion, VERY good choice, sad to hear the problem's with the dent's.

But to anyone who has opened their AC 3 CE guide, how's the lithograph look? I'm thinking of ordering a second one, so that I can keep one sealed, but still enjoy the litho.
Edit, found a very old post on a different thread here with pictures of the Lithograph, definitely worth ordering just for it alone. (For anyone interested http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10100440#post10100440 )

[quote name='Hemi']The guide for Infinite is one of the better ones in recent day's IMO, they kept the outside classy and it reminded me a lot of the Dues Ex:HR CE Guide in that opinion, VERY good choice, sad to hear the problem's with the dent's.

But to anyone who has opened their AC 3 CE guide, how's the lithograph look? I'm thinking of ordering a second one, so that I can keep one sealed, but still enjoy the litho.
Edit, found a very old post on a different thread here with pictures of the Lithograph, definitely worth ordering just for it alone. (For anyone interested http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10100440#post10100440 )[/QUOTE]

I agree, The Bioshock Infinite guide is beautiful, Best looking guide I own (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a huge Bioshock fan) ;)

And yeah, the AC3 lithograph is pretty nice. Much better looking than what I though it would be.

I found a Metal Gear Solid LE guide at my Best Buy, but it wouldn't ring up. Did that one get pennied? It's not on their website either.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I found a Metal Gear Solid LE guide at my Best Buy, but it wouldn't ring up. Did that one get pennied? It's not on their website either.[/QUOTE]Do you mean Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's LE guide? You're right--it's not listed on their site. I don't recall it pennying...then again, guides don't penny at BBY anymore. :cry:

[quote name='punkmaggit']I found a Metal Gear Solid LE guide at my Best Buy, but it wouldn't ring up. Did that one get pennied? It's not on their website either.[/QUOTE]

SKU got deleted so you can't buy it unfortunately.

[quote name='coopscohen']SKU got deleted so you can't buy it unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

I must have lucked out then. The guy helping me rang it up as the regular edition guide.

Are people having success using the coupon on multiple guides?

Saw some Hitman Professional Edition and Final Fantasy XIII Collectors Edition guide at my Best Buy but they both rang up as not for sale

[quote name='punkmaggit']
Are people having success using the coupon on multiple guides?[/QUOTE]

Online, try using a different web browser. That worked for me.

In stores, Just purchase them separately.

Just got back from Best Buy and the exchange was a success! The guy was super cool about it. Unfortunately though, he was also a huge Bioshock fan and wanted to discuss the entire game with me. After about a 5 minute Bioshock conversation I was able to break free and get my bent/dent free guides and myself outta there. :D

[quote name='HeightsBound']The Bioshock hardcover guide up for shipping again?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Although I'm not sure why you're able to use the internet to post that inquiry here but not use it to just pull up Best Buy's website and look...

[quote name='Flacksguy']Best Buy really needs to put the new Skyrim guide up for preorder.[/QUOTE]

+1

I keep checking the site, but nothing. If there were ever a game that a strategy guide would be a useful tool for, Skyrim is it.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Just got back from Best Buy and the exchange was a success! The guy was super cool about it. Unfortunately though, he was also a huge Bioshock fan and wanted to discuss the entire game with me. After about a 5 minute Bioshock conversation I was able to break free and get my bent/dent free guides and myself outta there. :D[/QUOTE]

"bent/dent free guides"
"bent/dent-free guides"

One little hyphen. Big difference. I'm guessing you meant the latter.

[quote name='gantt']"bent/dent free guides"
"bent/dent-free guides"

One little hyphen. Big difference. I'm guessing you meant the latter.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Online, try using a different web browser. That worked for me.

In stores, Just purchase them separately.[/QUOTE]

Just press Ctrl+Shift+Del and clear you cache and cookies, you'll have to relog, but the discount will be up again

[quote name='Hemi']The guide for Infinite is one of the better ones in recent day's IMO, they kept the outside classy and it reminded me a lot of the Dues Ex:HR CE Guide in that opinion, VERY good choice, sad to hear the problem's with the dent's.
[/QUOTE]

I decided to check out the BioShock: Infinite guide tonight after reading some positive posts here. I was surprised to see how thin it is relative to other CEs (AC III, Halo 4, Hitman). After reading the back, my impression is that the CE treatment of the guide itself is limited to the hardcover - the content sounds identical to the non-CE guide. The CE comes with a key and something else (card for downloads?).

Just a heads-up to others like me that buy CEs partly because they look nicer/more durable but mostly for exclusive guide-related content: it appears there is none here.

Got my AC3 CE...
To start, it arrived only protected by about 4 layer's of the thin plastic pouches that UPS tend's to use. That was the first red flag.

But upon opening it up (Had to use scissor's, it was wrapped up with soooo much packing tape, I could accept that). I at first thought I must of cut through the plastic factory sealing that it comes wrapped in with my scissor's when trying to open it. But when i removed from the "Packaging" my jaw DROPPED.

It was only covered by about 30% of the factory sealing. Not a hole in the sealing, not part of it opened, but like it was TORN of on an entire HALF of it. to remove the guide from it required just sliding it out from it. Keep in mind this is a "Collector's Edition", any collectability of it just took a nose dive, I immediately opened it up to see if it even still had the lithograph that is included with the Bestbuy Version (Not mentioned on the .com page but big yellow sticker on what remain's of the wrapping). Miraculously it is still there, so atleast it wasn't missing that (Which rules out why someone would intentionally open it?) But then I start looking at the condition further, it's corner's are bent, the spine is scrunched from impact's on the top and bottom, as well as more dent's along the top and bottom cover edge's.

Now the real issue. If it was more expensive (only paid $3.72 after tax) I would of sent it back in a HEARTBEAT! This is NOT an acceptable condition! If i were to send it back, or take it back to a store, I would spend MORE on gas/shipping expenses then it origionally COST! I can't exchange it because I know for a fact that my local store is out of stock, and also like I said, More Gas/Shipping than the item cost in the first place to drive to the store and back.
It's still available on the website for shipping, but what is stopping a repeat of it coming EXTREMELY damaged!

I'm wondering what type of recourse is available to me, to be clear, I want this item, just NOT in the condition it came in, but to return it would end up making me lose more money than I'd get back is stopping me, as is the fact I cant exchange at my local store.(The remaining wrapping at this point is pointless, the corners bent, spine crushed from impact's on the top and bottom, with the edges of the front and back covers dented in places as well.)

[quote name='Hemi']Got my AC3 CE...
To start, it arrived only protected by about 4 layer's of the thin plastic pouches that UPS tend's to use. That was the first red flag.

But upon opening it up (Had to use scissor's, it was wrapped up with soooo much packing tape, I could accept that). I at first thought I must of cut through the plastic factory sealing that it comes wrapped in with my scissor's when trying to open it. But when i removed from the "Packaging" my jaw DROPPED.

It was only covered by about 30% of the factory sealing. Not a hole in the sealing, not part of it opened, but like it was TORN of on an entire HALF of it. to remove the guide from it required just sliding it out from it. Keep in mind this is a "Collector's Edition", any collectability of it just took a nose dive, I immediately opened it up to see if it even still had the lithograph that is included with the Bestbuy Version (Not mentioned on the .com page but big yellow sticker on what remain's of the wrapping). Miraculously it is still there, so atleast it wasn't missing that (Which rules out why someone would intentionally open it?) But then I start looking at the condition further, it's corner's are bent, the spine is scrunched from impact's on the top and bottom, as well as more dent's along the top and bottom cover edge's.

Now the real issue. If it was more expensive (only paid $3.72 after tax) I would of sent it back in a HEARTBEAT! This is NOT an acceptable condition! If i were to send it back, or take it back to a store, I would spend MORE on gas/shipping expenses then it origionally COST! I can't exchange it because I know for a fact that my local store is out of stock, and also like I said, More Gas/Shipping than the item cost in the first place to drive to the store and back.
It's still available on the website for shipping, but what is stopping a repeat of it coming EXTREMELY damaged!

I'm wondering what type of recourse is available to me, to be clear, I want this item, just NOT in the condition it came in, but to return it would end up making me lose more money than I'd get back is stopping me, as is the fact I cant exchange at my local store.(The remaining wrapping at this point is pointless, the corners bent, spine crushed from impact's on the top and bottom, with the edges of the front and back covers dented in places as well.)[/QUOTE]

dude it was 4 bucks. mine came perfect dunno yurs came like that. i think people are getting the wrong idea of what a collectors edition means. it dosent mean its supposed to be valued more, it just gives extra content for the fan.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']I don't have online shipping for the CE guide :( could someone hook me up?[/QUOTE]

I would, but no local stock here. Sorry. :cry:

[quote name='paayter']dude it was 4 bucks. mine came perfect dunno yurs came like that. i think people are getting the wrong idea of what a collectors edition means. it dosent mean its supposed to be valued more, it just gives extra content for the fan.[/QUOTE]

Dude, it doesn't matter how much I paid, this isn't AWD where they sell damaged inventory... it came banged ALL to hell, and besides a few scrap's of wrapping it wasn't even sealed! Btw... if a Collector's Edition isn't supposed to be valued more, then why do they CHARGE more??? I even said previously I was going to buy this one to open, however there is no excuse for an item arriving in this condition...

That sounds pretty bad. I was thinking about ordering the Ni No Kuni guide to ship, but after hearing this, may pick it up instead at a local store.

[quote name='Hemi']Dude, it doesn't matter how much I paid, this isn't AWD where they sell damaged inventory... it came banged ALL to hell, and besides a few scrap's of wrapping it wasn't even sealed! Btw... if a Collector's Edition isn't supposed to be valued more, then why do they CHARGE more??? I even said previously I was going to buy this one to open, however there is no excuse for an item arriving in this condition...[/QUOTE]

I had just had the ce tomb raider guide shipped >.> here's hoping it arrives alright

[quote name='Hemi']Dude, it doesn't matter how much I paid, this isn't AWD where they sell damaged inventory... it came banged ALL to hell, and besides a few scrap's of wrapping it wasn't even sealed! Btw... if a Collector's Edition isn't supposed to be valued more, then why do they CHARGE more??? I even said previously I was going to buy this one to open, however there is no excuse for an item arriving in this condition...[/QUOTE]

They charge more because it costs more to produce, is hardbound and not paperback, and because it has additional content, like the lithograph and map.

If you think what you have it worth $4, keep it and be happy.

If you want a better copy, return it in store, and order another one online and hope for the best. Or pay the extra gas to find one at another store in driving distance. I really think you are exaggerating the damages you think you see on it. (Pics?)

Most collector editions of this stuff sell for pennies on the dollar after a few months. They aren't produced to really increase in value like REAL collectables do, they are done for real serious fans of specific titles. Consider many collectors editions with additional content downloads that expire in a year, or that pegwarm for years on shelves even on deep discount. (I can easily find killzone 3 CE, or the original Bioshock CE locally here for about $25-$30 each.)

If you really want another pristine copy to be "collectable" for future resale, buy another one with the wrap on, and do NOT open it. As soon as you do, its no longer valued at all to a real collector for items like this.

[quote name='Gareee']
If you want a better copy, return it in store, and order another one online and hope for the best. Or pay the extra gas to find one at another store in driving distance. I really think you are exaggerating the damages you think you see on it. (Pics?)
[/QUOTE]
As I clearly said, for an item that cost's $3.72, when I take it back to a store to return it, I'm spending more on gas then I get back, the only other one is a ridiculous distance away. Not to mention what's to stop another coming in this condition?
I'm not some nutcase, I don't expect everything to be perfect, otherwise every time I go to game stop my head would explode. But how do they justify shipping THIS to a customer?
This is how little plastic it came wrapped with
This is the "Packaging" they used, upon further inspection it's just two of the plastic pouches... It was inside one with another just wrapped around it...
Damage
Damage
The little plastic wrapping it came in, there's no shred's or anything, this is all it came with
It look's like a kid at christmas shook it inside of a box like crazy, then dropped said box down some stair's, then got half way through ripping it open...

Just got back from Best Buy and picked up the Assassin's Creed III LE guide, Bioshock Infinite LE guide, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance LE guide. After my Shopkick giftcard and 50% coupon, total came out to $22.10.

It was an ordeal for both the MGR:R guide and the coupon. Apparently, the MGR:R LE guide was supposed to be shipped back to the publisher or something and wasn't in the Best Buy system, although it was in stock at this particular store. After three managers, the third manager finally decided to double scan the Bioshock Infinite guide and readjust it to the original price ($34.99). I tried to get it at the AC:III guide price, but the managers were afraid of losing their job lol. Then the coupon wasn't working, so after another manager tried using it, they finally just manually adjusted the price and gave it to me.

I'm happy though. The lithographs for AC:III and MGR:R are legit and will look great beside the Dead Space 3 LE guide lithograph. And the Bioshock Infinite LE guide is awesome. And all three guides were in perfect shrink-wrapped shape and were just sitting on the shelves. Seems like no one in my area wanted the strategy guides lol.

i bought the skyrim guide and it arrived in a HUGE box with ZERO packaging or wrapping, just the guide and a packing slip.
the book looks like you imagine a paperback book would look like after being shipped across country in a HUGE box with ZERO packaging or wrapping.

[quote name='Hemi']As I clearly said, for an item that cost's $3.72, when I take it back to a store to return it, I'm spending more on gas then I get back, the only other one is a ridiculous distance away. Not to mention what's to stop another coming in this condition?
I'm not some nutcase, I don't expect everything to be perfect, otherwise every time I go to game stop my head would explode. But how do they justify shipping THIS to a customer?
This is how little plastic it came wrapped with
This is the "Packaging" they used, upon further inspection it's just two of the plastic pouches... It was inside one with another just wrapped around it...
Damage
Damage
The little plastic wrapping it came in, there's no shred's or anything, this is all it came with
It look's like a kid at christmas shook it inside of a box like crazy, then dropped said box down some stair's, then got half way through ripping it open...[/QUOTE]

Looks like we are getting alot of the slickdeals folks whining in the forums lately, like the other dude said enjoy what you got and be happy. I pre ordered the last of us hardcover book, good deal.

[quote name='dednkicking']Looks like we are getting alot of the slickdeals folks whining in the forums lately, like the other dude said enjoy what you got and be happy. I pre ordered the last of us hardcover book, good deal.[/QUOTE]

So because he didn't pay much for it, it should be okay that the guide came damaged? I sure hope yours comes damage and you try to complain on here about it.

Yeah, I don't really understand why people are giving Hemi such a hard time.
It doesn't matter how much he paid, if he ordered something that was new, it should come in new condition.

I get alot of soft/hard book SGs from BBY via silver expediated ups shipping. The packaging is never consistant unfortunately. BBY will have guides sometimes shrinkwrapped, oversized jostled boxes, a meek 2 bubble pak, or in plastic dent filled mailers. Amazon typically does s/h better and learns.

Recent:
Ni No Kuni...hardback, shrinkwrapped, oversized...survived
BioshockI...paperback...book "S" curved
MGR...w/BI, paperback, shrinkwrapped
AC3LE...survived!
TR LE...pending, ups misrouted

[quote name='dednkicking']Looks like we are getting alot of the slickdeals folks whining in the forums lately, like the other dude said enjoy what you got and be happy. I pre ordered the last of us hardcover book, good deal.[/QUOTE]
Did you even pay attention to a single thing you wrote? I almost wish your last of us comes looking like mine, just so I could see how YOU would react. Also it's adorable you think I'm from slickdeals?

I've bought many thing's from the .com in the recent past. They arrived pretty much in the standard oversized box with one large bubble insert (feel bad for my dog's because whenever I get one I proceed to stomp on it as it makes a massive popping sound XD) but THIS, just ALL around is unacceptable. Although it is also a bit surprising since I ordered it with the free shipping, tracking show's shipped on the 16th and arrived on the 17th, but I would have gladly traded slowing shipping for better quality.

Got my Ni No Kuni guide. It arrived in a box that could have fit 12 Ni No Kuni guides. There were some air pouches, but the guide of course has some flattening of the corners. I just wonder why the hell they used such a huge box.

Overall, I'm fine with it, though.

So i picked up Assassins Creed 3 CE for 3.75 with tax and found MGR:R CE and FFXIII-2 CE. Rolled the dice and got both of those for free. Good day over all!

[quote name='StryderOmega']So i picked up Assassins Creed 3 CE for 3.75 with tax and found MGR:R CE and FFXIII-2 CE. Rolled the dice and got both of those for free. Good day over all![/QUOTE]
How did you get FFXIII-2 CE for free? :)

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']How did you get FFXIII-2 CE for free? :)[/QUOTE]

I heard they aren't in the BB system anymore, so I guess the cashier was totally clueless or was mad cool about the whole thing.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']How did you get FFXIII-2 CE for free? :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I heard they aren't in the BB system anymore, so I guess the cashier was totally clueless or was mad cool about the whole thing.[/QUOTE]

They ring up as "Not Available for Sale"

I got one for 4.99 from the one, as that's what the MOD came up with as a price

[quote name='zyxomma100']Got my Ni No Kuni guide. It arrived in a box that could have fit 12 Ni No Kuni guides. There were some air pouches, but the guide of course has some flattening of the corners. I just wonder why the hell they used such a huge box.

Overall, I'm fine with it, though.[/QUOTE]

my skyrim guide came in a box that could fit a small tv and had NO packaging at all.

[quote name='Hemi']Did you even pay attention to a single thing you wrote? I almost wish your last of us comes looking like mine, just so I could see how YOU would react. Also it's adorable you think I'm from slickdeals?

I've bought many thing's from the .com in the recent past. They arrived pretty much in the standard oversized box with one large bubble insert (feel bad for my dog's because whenever I get one I proceed to stomp on it as it makes a massive popping sound XD) but THIS, just ALL around is unacceptable. Although it is also a bit surprising since I ordered it with the free shipping, tracking show's shipped on the 16th and arrived on the 17th, but I would have gladly traded slowing shipping for better quality.[/QUOTE]

u got it for 4 dollars. dude its a clearance for a reason. clearance is sold as is. sorry you got a bad version. collectors dosent always mean that the price is supposed to appreciate, its just for video game fans. u dont see me complaining for buying 2 ac 3 guides at 8 dollars a piece. just move along and ur life will be less stressful

I believe the majority of us are pointing thru personal experiences of BBY's quality control and efficiency regardless of costs or deemed value.

p.s. this sounds very similar to Amazon's handling of the awesome and great steal price of Hyrule Historia. Customers commented, Amazon responded. There are hopeful shipping standards for BBY/USPS/UPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back