My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered Bioshock and TR hard covers, I've already verified that my Walmart has them both, so if mine come in damaged ill just do a swap for the same item. Why not try that lane?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']How did you get FFXIII-2 CE for free? :)[/QUOTE]

It is pennied out in RSS and comes up as not available for sale. Just brought it up to the register acted as if I were going to pay for it, cashier called a manager and the manager was like "It's your lucky day! You can just take it."

Happy I rolled the dice. Worst they can say is no, haha.

[quote name='StryderOmega']It is pennied out in RSS and comes up as not available for sale. Just brought it up to the register acted as if I were going to pay for it, cashier called a manager and the manager was like "It's your lucky day! You can just take it."

Happy I rolled the dice. Worst they can say is no, haha.[/QUOTE]

Too bad for me. It seems that all the BBs around me only have the OG FFXIII-2 guide and they want $15 for it. :cry:

I saw multiple PS3 and 360 wireless controllers for $43 but not sure if the price after the 20% (w/ Gamer's Club Unlocked) or before. All over the game's section were 20% off controllers posters.

Wish I would have took a picture but was in a rush to go.

Assuming it was before, the controllers would be roughly $34. Hope this helps those going in store today.

I ordered the collectors edition AC3 guide and it arrived today but it turns out it's the ordinary piggyback guide. I'm so pissed but I can't return it since my store has no CE guides of AC3 and shipping it back would cost more. Why did I have to get screwed like this? :(

[quote name='Francision']I ordered the collectors edition AC3 guide and it arrived today but it turns out it's the ordinary piggyback guide. I'm so pissed but I can't return it since my store has no CE guides of AC3 and shipping it back would cost more. Why did I have to get screwed like this? :([/QUOTE]

Check you local Walmart and do a BB.com PM and return your current guide to BB, at the very least you'll get it for $6.99.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I saw multiple PS3 and 360 wireless controllers for $43 but not sure if the price after the 20% (w/ Gamer's Club Unlocked) or before. All over the game's section were 20% off controllers posters.

Wish I would have took a picture but was in a rush to go.

Assuming it was before, the controllers would be roughly $34. Hope this helps those going in store today.[/QUOTE]

Where is this 20% off promotion at? On the Reward Zone page or in the latest Gamer issue?

[quote name='Francision']I ordered the collectors edition AC3 guide and it arrived today but it turns out it's the ordinary piggyback guide. I'm so pissed but I can't return it since my store has no CE guides of AC3 and shipping it back would cost more. Why did I have to get screwed like this? :([/QUOTE]

Why couldn't you dispute the charge with your CC and keep the guide if BBY won't pay for return shipping?

Went ahead and ordered "Darksiders II" guide. Haven't seen it anywhere lately and seems to be sold out at all my go to places. Sure hope it comes in good condition.

Still holding out for the new Skyrim guide. If it's not up by the last day of the promotion, I'll just pick up the one that's out now. Better than nothing, I suppose.

I know, I've been checking for the new Skyrim guide every day.
Come on Best Buy, its less than two weeks!

Watch them put it up on Sunday.....

[quote name='enigma']Still holding out for the new Skyrim guide. If it's not up by the last day of the promotion, I'll just pick up the one that's out now. Better than nothing, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, every single quest in skyrim is well documented in free wikis online.

I use my smartphone's browser if I get stuck in something unsolvable, plus, as patches come out that correct things, the wikis are updated and are more accurate than bound guide books.

That said, I DID buy the deluxe AC3 guidebook, for the litho, map, and the fact that they tried to write it "spoiler free".

As far as spells, potions, smithing and the like, googling is really your best guide to skyrim.

(250 hours +)

^

google + walkthrough wiki sites like ign have made paperback guides basically obsolete.

but a few like myself old schoolers still like to have an actual guide to page thru... not to mention some cool art and walkthrough maps that usually aren't released otherwise.

i tend to only grab collector guides when they are on sale - purely to satisfy my need for hoarding "valuables".

[quote name='Gareee']Honestly, every single quest in skyrim is well documented in free wikis online.

I use my smartphone's browser if I get stuck in something unsolvable, plus, as patches come out that correct things, the wikis are updated and are more accurate than bound guide books.

That said, I DID buy the deluxe AC3 guidebook, for the litho, map, and the fact that they tried to write it "spoiler free".

As far as spells, potions, smithing and the like, googling is really your best guide to skyrim.

(250 hours +)[/QUOTE]

While I don't disagree that the walkthroughs that can be found on the internet are well done, the Strategy Guide was written by probably THE top guide author in the business.
With over 100 pages of info before the quest walktroughs,
Walkthroughs that don't hold your hand, and also let you know where quests intersect,
A section on world interactions and encounters and a 200+ Atlas section that details every single location
It is by far the best Strategy Guide I have in my collection. It's actually almost an encyclopedia, rather than a guide.

I know some people don't feel the need to spend the extra money when they can find the same info online, but others like to have an extension of their favorite game. Something they can take with them, sit on the couch and read with their feet up.

[quote name='Flacksguy']
I know some people don't feel the need to spend the extra money when they can find the same info online, but others like to have an extension of their favorite game. Something they can take with them, sit on the couch and read with their feet up.[/QUOTE]

This. I enjoy reading it when I need a book or magazine to read. It's not just a guide for games I'm playing.

I've looked at the guide several times during sales. I can see guides for things like skyrim, but for Bioshock Infinite? That was so linear that it didn't need a guide.

I'd buy more guides if they had more developement artwork, and extras. I'm strongly considering picking up an amalur guide off ebay. (Unless someone here wants to part with one?)

Oh please, as many CAG's can relate to, if I spend like $20+ for a game I never even open, why can't I justify spending the same on a Guide I never read/use? It look's good on a shelf, nouf said.

[quote name='Gareee'] I can see guides for things like skyrim, but for Bioshock Infinite? [/QUOTE]

Funny you mention the Infinite guide, thats actually a very good book also. Alot of artwork, and some nice info here and there about what certain things in the game actually mean and why they were put there.
....and of course, they were very careful to steer away from any potential spoilers.

No, an example of a guide that you probably don't need is the Colonial Marines guide that I wasted my money on. A book that is equally as bad as the game.

[quote name='Hemi']Oh please, as many CAG's can relate to, if I spend like $20+ for a game I never even open, why can't I justify spending the same on a Guide I never read/use? It look's good on a shelf, nouf said.[/QUOTE]

Smile of the day! :D

[quote name='Hemi']Oh please, as many CAG's can relate to, if I spend like $20+ for a game I never even open, why can't I justify spending the same on a Guide I never read/use? It look's good on a shelf, nouf said.[/QUOTE]

What's a shelf? I use mine for an internal structural support column. We have earthquakes.

After the "horror stories" here for shipped guides, I ordered mine for store pickup. It wasn't sealed (I don't think it comes sealed) but was in excellent condition. Interestingly, the title isn't on the floor. Interesting sales tactic: keep all our inventory hidden in the stockroom.

I have to say, though, I think I've ordered several guides shipped from Best Buy in the past, and they've all come in excellent condition. Maybe Hubert has replaced the shipping department with monkeys. C'est possible.

[quote name='gantt']What's a shelf? I use mine for an internal structural support column. We have earthquakes.

After the "horror stories" here for shipped guides, I ordered mine for store pickup. It wasn't sealed (I don't think it comes sealed) but was in excellent condition. Interestingly, the title isn't on the floor. Interesting sales tactic: keep all our inventory hidden in the stockroom.

I have to say, though, I think I've ordered several guides shipped from Best Buy in the past, and they've all come in excellent condition. Maybe Hubert has replaced the shipping department with monkeys. C'est possible.[/QUOTE]

If it's a softcover that wouldn't be sealed, if it's a CE like the AC3 or the Bio shock Infinite, or many other's, it definitely should. A Community rep on their forum's had one transferred to my local store for an exchange, should be there today (Thursday) so will see how that goes.

[quote name='209chromatic']I'm not getting 50% off with the new skyrim guide[/QUOTE]

Make sure you're logged in and your Best Buy account is properly linked to your RZ account. This is the third guide I've ordered so far and I haven't had an issue with any of them.

account is linked to rz account, i also tried different browsers and still not working. only guide im getting 50% off is the pokemon black 2 scenario guide.

[quote name='209chromatic']account is linked to rz account, i also tried different browsers and still not working. only guide im getting 50% off is the pokemon black 2 scenario guide.[/QUOTE]
Won't work on more than one in an order. If that's what you're trying to do. Have to do separate orders.

[quote name='209chromatic']account is linked to rz account, i also tried different browsers and still not working. only guide im getting 50% off is the pokemon black 2 scenario guide.[/QUOTE]

Try a private browsing session. CTRL+SHIFT+P in IE or CTRL+SHIFT+N in Chrome. I'm not sure what Firefox's shortcut is. Go to bestbuy.com and log in, search for the guide and add it to your cart, and start the checkout process. See if that helps.

[quote name='klimb22']Won't work on more than one in an order. If that's what you're trying to do. Have to do separate orders.[/QUOTE]

ok that worked, forgot it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Skyrim Guides are up at BestBuy.com[/QUOTE]

Wow, that CE... As Jodie Foster or Sally O'Malley would say, "I'm 50!" For a hardcover and a poster of a wall - no exclusive content that I can see.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Man, can't decide now between BB or Amazon for this. Will. BB Lower their price a bit before release?[/QUOTE]

As it standard right now it's about $8 less, so while not a big savings, it is a savings.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']As it standard right now it's about $8 less, so while not a big savings, it is a savings.[/QUOTE]

I have about $100 in Amazon credit right now, but I also have a $15 RZ cert. I might order one from each (1 to use, 1 to keep sealed)

[quote name='GamerDude316']I have about $100 in Amazon credit right now, but I also have a $15 RZ cert. I might order one from each (1 to use, 1 to keep sealed)[/QUOTE]

Thats what I did.
I'll leave the one that shows up in better condition sealed.

....I also ordered a paperback.....because I have a problem.

Preordered a free copy of the Skyrim CE Legendary guide (used $20 and $5 RZ certs). Best part: no tax because the total was $0.00.

Also, the Pikmin 3 guide is now up for preorder.

[quote name='WingsDJY']
Also, the Pikmin 3 guide is now up for preorder.[/QUOTE]

Why not,
I may end up getting this game for the wife and kids, so it wouldn't be bad to have the guide also. Especially for $10.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Thats what I did.
I'll leave the one that shows up in better condition sealed.
[/QUOTE]

I plan on doing this as well. 2 copies of the CE guide for $10 out of pocket (used a $15 cert at BB and have more than enough in amazon credit) is a steal.

Awesome, just ordered the new Skyrim CE guide. That was the only one I wanted, so I'm glad it popped up before the sale ended. :D

[quote name='WingsDJY']Preordered a free copy of the Skyrim CE Legendary guide (used $20 and $5 RZ certs). Best part: no tax because the total was $0.00.

Also, the Pikmin 3 guide is now up for preorder.[/QUOTE]Thanks for pointing that out. I preordered a Pikmin 3 guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back