My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a stupid question. If I jump on the PS+ deal, I can wait until I pick up my launch PS4 to activate the 12 months, correct?
chat_agent.png
Shad: Hi, my name is Shad. How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
Htz: Do PS+ prepaid cards bought from stores like Best Buy, ever expire?
chat_agent.png
Shad: I see, Htz. I'd be happy to look into this for you today. Some voucher codes do expire, yes. There should be a listed expiration date listed it that were the case.
chat_enduser_message.png
Htz: I know promotional voucher codes expire. But do prepaid cards like the PS+ 12 month card expire?
chat_agent.png
Shad: Those shouldn't, no. Are you having any troubles redeeming a PS Plus subscription code?
chat_enduser_message.png
Htz: No, just a question I was curious about.
chat_agent.png
Shad: I understand. Is there anything else I can assist you with today, Htz?
chat_enduser_message.png
Htz: That will be it, thanks.
chat_agent.png
Shad: Thank you for contacting PlayStation Chat Support, there is a brief survey at the end of this session. Once we disconnect, please feel free to answer some questions regarding your chat experience with us.
chat_alert.png
You have disconnected.
I contacted PS support and ask them about it for you, PS+ prepaid cards don't expire, so you should be good. Even if you had problems with expiration, PS support will issue you a new code upon proof of purchase usually.

Also to note you can get more than one, just one with the discount per order. I have actually gotten 3 12-year cards at 39.99 just by ordering online and doing in-store pickup. No problems. No idea about if you actually print off the coupon and use it in-store, but a little late for that anyway.

Do they have this (or similar) ps+ deals often?  I still have another year left on my membership, so I don't need it now... but that's a good price.

Save $15 on Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
for Xbox 360 and PS3. Offer valid for Reward Zone Gamers Club members only.
Awww, I just checked wikipedia and Lars isn't a playable character in this :whistle2:(
I would not recommend fight sticks for naruto. This isn't some complicated fighting game. It's a very fun, basic fighter. Unfortunately, Lars is only in Storm 2, but the cast of characters in this one is huge and you'll get around 6-8+ hours from story alone.

Save $15 on Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
for Xbox 360 and PS3. Offer valid for Reward Zone Gamers Club members only.
Awww, I just checked wikipedia and Lars isn't a playable character in this :whistle2:(
I would not recommend fight sticks for naruto. This isn't some complicated fighting game. It's a very fun, basic fighter. Unfortunately, Lars is only in Storm 2, but the cast of characters in this one is huge and you'll get around 6-8+ hours from story alone.
This, I only played the story mode since I am a offline gamer, loved it. Really scratched my itch caused by the painful progression of the anime (yeah I know I can read the manga, and I have already).

This, I only played the story mode since I am a offline gamer, loved it. Really scratched my itch caused by the painful progression of the anime (yeah I know I can read the manga, and I have already).
Thanks for the insight, guys

Naruto Ninja Storm 3 for $25 is temping.

I'm mulling it over.  From what I read it's not a huge improvement over previous titles, but I'd really like to pick up a great Naruto game with the Japanese voice overs.

Speaking of Reward Zone, does anyone know if a Gamers Club Unlocked membership has to be renewed, or does it auto-renew?  My GCU membership is over in a few days, and I don't want to renew, but I can't find any information anywhere on whether I can just let it run out or if I have to actually cancel it.

Speaking of Reward Zone, does anyone know if a Gamers Club Unlocked membership has to be renewed, or does it auto-renew? My GCU membership is over in a few days, and I don't want to renew, but I can't find any information anywhere on whether I can just let it run out or if I have to actually cancel it.
No, it won't auto-renew. To renew, you have to go in the store and ask them to renew it.
Cool - thanks.

I was just going to post this...

Has it been confirmed that the games that we download on PS3 from Plus (IE Uncharted 3) will move with our account to the PS4 AND be playable?
Erm...no, but it has been confirmed that they won't be playable. There's no backwards compatibility.

Erm...no, but it has been confirmed that they won't be playable. There's no backwards compatibility.
Thats for disc based PS3 games. Nothing has been mentioned about PS+ games being playable or not as far as I know.

edit:

Actually something about the cloud to stream to the PS4 but not many details yet

Has it been confirmed that the games that we download on PS3 from Plus (IE Uncharted 3) will move with our account to the PS4 AND be playable?
I know the disk games will not, I more more talking the digital copies and the streaming service that has been "announced"... Just wondering really to see if it was worth jumping on to take some games with me to the PS4...

If anyone's interested the ps + card Is still showing up at $39.99.

They will not be playable on PS4. The only chance of any backwards compatibility is the Gaikai streaming thing, but we don't know how that will work yet...

I would not recommend getting PS+ right now if your only goal is to "take some games with you to the PS4".

Correct. None of the PS3 games you purchase now, digital or otherwise, will work on the PS4. The PS4 does play PS3, PS3, PS1 games via the Cloud Service, which will be additional cost to Plus.

Thats for disc based PS3 games. Nothing has been mentioned about PS+ games being playable or not as far as I know.

edit:

Actually something about the cloud to stream to the PS4 but not many details yet

Scored Naruto today $14.99 plus taxes. Not sure why the computer didn't take the coupon, end up get manager overrided instead taking $15 off they manual the price down $14.99 plus taxes.  I shut my mouth & swiped my credit card as quick as i can and thanks  the cashier ;)

Best Buy has officially extended the PS+ promotion until 7/6/13. The 12 month PS+ subscription is available for shipping again also. Link in OP.

Scored Naruto today $14.99 plus taxes. Not sure why the computer didn't take the coupon, end up get manager overrided instead taking $15 off they manual the price down $14.99 plus taxes. I shut my mouth & swiped my credit card as quick as i can and thanks the cashier ;)
Haha, nice score.

Correct. None of the PS3 games you purchase now, digital or otherwise, will work on the PS4. The PS4 does play PS3, PS3, PS1 games via the Cloud Service, which will be additional cost to Plus.
Can I get a source on them charging extra for Gaikai? I read articles that Sony might or might not be charging extra but hasn't confirmed anything yet.

Can I get a source on them charging extra for Gaikai? I read articles that Sony might or might not be charging extra but hasn't confirmed anything yet.
No, you can't because you are right. They have not officially said anything about pricing models for Gaikai or if it will be included in Plus.

Few questions about PS Plus cards. I've never been a member before, but was considering getting cards now since it will be required for PS4 multiplayer.

1. Is this a good deal for PS Plus cards? I know I've seen $20 off XBL so I was wondering if there are ever better deals on PS Plus cards

2. Is it true PS Plus cards expire 1 year from the purchase date?

3. Is it true PS Plus cards stack so I can redeem 2 at once for 2 year of PS Plus?

Few questions about PS Plus cards. I've never been a member before, but was considering getting cards now since it will be required for PS4 multiplayer.

1. Is this a good deal for PS Plus cards? I know I've seen $20 off XBL so I was wondering if there are ever better deals on PS Plus cards

2. Is it true PS Plus cards expire 1 year from the purchase date?

3. Is it true PS Plus cards stack so I can redeem 2 at once for 2 year of PS Plus?
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

It hardly ever goes on sale, and considering that XBL is valued at $60 now, this is essentially the same kind of deal.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal, I grabbed a PS+ card and will activate it a little closer to when my PS4 is due to arrive.

I was going to ask how you become a gamers club member, because nobody at my local Best Buy knows...  but then I realized that you didn't need to be one to get the PS+ deal, so I'll go on not knowing for now.  :)

Wait, what? I call bullshit on that because there's no way I redeemed my second year of PS+ from the Target PM a year after purchase. In fact it was one year, four months after purchase. Back of the card makes no mention of this either.

Hmm, they might have cracked down on multiple orders of the PS+ cards.  I just ordered one, then went back to order a 2nd one and it's wanting to charge the full $49 this time.

-Sean

Hmm, they might have cracked down on multiple orders of the PS+ cards. I just ordered one, then went back to order a 2nd one and it's wanting to charge the full $49 this time.

-Sean
go to the store , with the printout. It should work.

Thanks TC for posting this PS+ subscription deal.  Let me put my 2 cents in here & suggest anyone with a PS3 without PS+ bite the bullet & jump on this deal.  Any deals on PS+ are FEW & FAR between!  This deal brings the PS+12 month subscription cost to be $3.33 per month.  The 3 month deal for PS+ subscription ends up being $4.33 per month.  The Cloud save file storage alone makes this worth every penny!

I'm on the fence and not sure if I'll bite since my current subscription runs out in 2015 xD  I recently added a year when PSN had their PS+ deal where you buy a year at regular price ($49.99 but I used my Target $15 for 12 month PS+ card LOL) but they give you 18 months (3 months free).  Their 18 months for the price of 12 month deal equaled to $2.78 per month...if paying $49.99 

Thanks TC for posting this PS+ subscription deal. Let me put my 2 cents in here & suggest anyone with a PS3 without PS+ bite the bullet & jump on this deal. Any deals on PS+ are FEW & FAR between! This deal brings the PS+12 month subscription cost to be $3.33 per month. The 3 month deal for PS+ subscription ends up being $4.33 per month. The Cloud save file storage alone makes this worth every penny!

I'm on the fence and not sure if I'll bite since my current subscription runs out in 2015 xD I recently added a year when PSN had their PS+ deal where you buy a year at regular price ($49.99 but I used my Target $15 for 12 month PS+ card LOL) but they give you 18 months (3 months free). Their 18 months for the price of 12 month deal equaled to $2.78 per month...if paying $49.99

Um 12+3=15....How did you get the extra extra 3 months or was that a typo?

Heh, was a typo of delerious proportions LOL.   I was scratch-padding my numbers but was including the first & second time I took advantage of the extra 3 months for free.  Sorry about that.

I'm on the fence and not sure if I'll bite since my current subscription runs out in 2015 xD I recently added a year when PSN had their PS+ deal where you buy a year at regular price ($49.99 but I used my Target $15 for 12 month PS+ card LOL) but they give you 18 months (3 months free). Their 18 months for the price of 12 month deal equaled to $2.78 per month...if paying $49.99
I'm like you in that my PS+ goes into 2015. I was able to resist last week long enough to let the offer (I thought) expire. But I'm not so sure I can hold out again.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

It hardly ever goes on sale, and considering that XBL is valued at $60 now, this is essentially the same kind of deal.
So I can buy the card at the discounted price now, then hold off on activating the PS+ subscription until PS4 is released and use it for that, correct?

So I can buy the card at the discounted price now, then hold off on activating the PS+ subscription until PS4 is released and use it for that, correct?
Yes, that is correct. They don't expire, I even asked PS customer support about it a few pages back in this thread via chat. For those that don't plan on activating the subscription until you get a PS4. Buy the PS+ card in-store, and make sure the receipt list it as "activated". Buying it online and having it shipped can sometimes lead to a card being unactivated by mistake.

can you stack ps+ cards? I.E. can i enter like 3 or 4 cards at once to extend my subscription by 3 or 4 years? I have like 3 PS+ cards that i got during various sales and would like to just enter them in all at once. I called sony to check but got some ditzy sounding chick who told me that no, you cant stack them... which doesn't sound right. I would think if you bought them you could just enter them one after the other right?

can you stack ps+ cards? I.E. can i enter like 3 or 4 cards at once to extend my subscription by 3 or 4 years? I have like 3 PS+ cards that i got during various sales and would like to just enter them in all at once. I called sony to check but got some ditzy sounding chick who told me that no, you cant stack them... which doesn't sound right. I would think if you bought them you could just enter them one after the other right?
Yes they do stack.

Q: If I purchase more time, or get any voucher codes for additional time on my PS Plus subscription, will it stack on top of my existing time remaining?
A: Yes. You can purchase, or 'stack', more time to your Plus membership at any time. There ARE voucher codes we use for promotional purposes that do NOT stack, but these are fairly rare and are used only at certain on-location events.

I'm having trouble. For some reason, it won't give me $5 discount off the 3 month card. It just rings up as $17 (Gives me $1 discount instead). I've signed up for gamer club and when I add the 12 month one, it's $40. But it doesn't seem to work with the 3 month one o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back