My World My Way $19.99 NEW at GameStop

[quote name='tankass']How is this game? Is it worth it?[/quote]

Elise is a beautiful princess who has been given everything she’s ever wanted… Except a handsome boyfriend. Only one young man catches Elise’s eye, and, as it turns out, he is no prince, but an adventurer. She confesses her desire to share in his exciting life... Only to be flat out rejected. He tells her, “Cast aside that frilly dress, and don a suit of armor. Gain some experience in battle, and when you have matured, we shall meet again. Until then, I bid you farewell.” Elise, the clueless princess, sets out on her adventure! It’s her world, her way, and as long as she can help the weak, slay the monsters, and win enough fame, she’ll get her happily ever after!

Sounds pretty awesome

Sounds like the story of and idiot and an asshole. Actually reminds me of how the book "the lost world" started. But dont they all.

Ha, I thought this was The World Ends With You until I read your description ninjadog.

Thought it was a joke post until I reread the title.

Yeah, this game is pretty hard to find sealed as it is. I've never seen one factory sealed at any GameStop I've been to (and I looked for quite a while). I ended up having a friend pick it up for me from Frys.

Game is very hard to find.

I havent' seen it in WM/Target/Kmart...

Amazon has been out for a long time.

GS seems to be the only ones that have gotten it besides Fry's.

I ordered full price but that was awhile ago... only because I wanted to make sure I got a copy.

Hopefully they will reprint this because it seems like it can't be found anywhere.

This game went out of print VERY shortly after release so there aren't very many copies in circulation. Keep that in mind if you're planning on buying this. Don't hesitate if you don't have to.

The premise is cool, but the reviews weren't very good (which does't mean it might not still be kind of fun).

I'd make a trip in if I knew they had any new copies, but I'd bet they're all open box :whistle2:/

Very fun game... about 20 to 25 hours long.. Got it first day it came out and loved it...

Love to buy it again but can not find anywhere

I believe Fry's price-matches. Seeing as how there's not a sealed copy IN THE ENTIRE LAS VEGAS VALLEY, I'll see if they have one.

Awesome, been waiting for a drop. Snagged a copy, sealed, without even asking.

Sucks, cause now I feel bad opening it. Point is... there ARE sealed copies out there.

Snagged a copy, thanks. It wasn't sealed, but given the game's scarcity, I think I can live with it. :lol:

If you find it as Fry's, consider yourself very lucky. They sold out a couple weeks after release around here and according to their computer, the game is sold out at every SoCal location and is not available for order on the website as it has been discontinued.

Yeah I caught my local Gamestop in the Gutting Act.
Told me it was a brand new copy never been touched. Just gutted for the Shelf.
all three disc were scratched with rings from an unbalanced 360, and stained from trying to clean the disc.

Took it back called him an idiot and got a fresh sealed copy with security sticker intact.

got a copy here at my local gamestop.
Ill pick it up for you, shrink wrap it and all.
how does $50 for shipping sound?

[quote name='macuseros9']Yeah I caught my local Gamestop in the Gutting Act.
all three disc were scratched with rings from an unbalanced 360, and stained from trying to clean the disc.

Took it back called him an idiot and got a fresh sealed copy with security sticker intact.[/quote]

[quote name='macuseros9']got a copy here at my local gamestop.
Ill pick it up for you, shrink wrap it and all.
how does $50 for shipping sound?[/quote]

What game are you talking about? My World My Way is for the DS.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I'd be too embarrassed to buy this game in store :p

buuuut considering the availability of this game, I might consider it....:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Why the embarrassment? It never occurred to me I was supposed to be (?) :lol:

[quote name='punkmaggit']What game are you talking about? My World My Way is for the DS.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but still, it's just the point that they're selling used/open box stuff as new.

[quote name='dallow']Ha, I thought this was The World Ends With You until I read your description ninjadog.

Thought it was a joke post until I reread the title.[/QUOTE]

just to be clear, I was joking about the story sounding awesome. :lol:

er, wait...atlus? oh, nm, story is awesome and deep too.

[quote name='ninja dog']just to be clear, I was joking about the story sounding awesome. :lol:

er, wait...atlus? oh, nm, story is awesome and deep too.[/quote]
Scuse me sir, you got Cheetos stains...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Scuse me sir, you got Cheetos stains...[/QUOTE]

You don't understand how deep it is because it is too deep for you understand! :applause:

[quote name='ninja dog']You don't understand how deep it is because it is too deep for you understand! :applause:[/quote]
Well sir we also have this game EDF 2017, it's really great...

it uses the master of the monster lair engine. it's not that bad of a game, but i bought it for rarity purposes more than anything.

every gamestop in my area that had it only had the single gutted display copy left. i picked up a sealed copy online for 30 bucks instead.

I hit up 6 gamestops and found every single copy gutted. I just couldn't bite maybe if it goes down even more then ill buy but knowing atlus games they will reprint it.

[quote name='dizz.lee']it uses the master of the monster lair engine. it's not that bad of a game, but i bought it for rarity purposes more than anything.

every gamestop in my area that had it only had the single gutted display copy left. i picked up a sealed copy online for 30 bucks instead.[/quote]

zomgz! dizzlee sighting!!! :whee::whee::whee::whee:

I just bought this today at FYE. They're having a 50% off all DS games (via mail in rebate), so I got it for $14.99. Spent $29.99, get $14.99 back for rebate.
I figured, it's an Atlus game, I might as well get it before it becomes rare.

[quote name='philamark']I just bought this today at FYE. They're having a 50% off all DS games (via mail in rebate), so I got it for $14.99. Spent $29.99, get $14.99 back for rebate.
I figured, it's an Atlus game, I might as well get it before it becomes rare.[/quote]

I might have to check out my FYE since all the GS stores I visted in the last month only had gutted copies.

[quote name='dawman45']picked up 2 fresh copies today from 2 nearby gamestops. each store also had a gutted copy.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='phogoodness']Was looking for this game. Didn't figure Gamestop had any left. Picked up a sealed copy today. Woot![/QUOTE]

God dammit.. I hope I can find a sealed copy. The last 3 times I tried to get new games from GS, they were all gutted...:bomb: Of course, that's why I stopped bothering a long time ago.

[quote name='Vinny']God dammit.. I hope I can find a sealed copy. The last 3 times I tried to get new games from GS, they were all gutted...:bomb: Of course, that's why I stopped bothering a long time ago.[/quote]

Best of luck, man. I've tried at least 5 or 6 different stores and they all only had gutted copies.

I went to 1 GS, asked for sealed and they were out. I caved and got the gutted copy. Sigh, just didn't want to deal with traffic even tho there are a billion other GS in LA.

fuck! I ordered this frrom GS.com for full price ($29.99) several weeks back when it looked like it was gonna be a really low print run (and I wanted to make sure I got a sealed copy). That'll teach me to ever buy a game :bomb:.

I'm curious, it seems that everyone in this thread wants a sealed copy. (I don't blame you, I much MUCH prefer sealed copies too) But my question is, is this because you like knowing you picked up a brand new game and enjoy the thrill of opening it, or are all of you buying them for rarity / future profit sake?

Just wondering.

[quote name='Fodder']I'm curious, it seems that everyone in this thread wants a sealed copy. (I don't blame you, I much MUCH prefer sealed copies too) But my question is, is this because you like knowing you picked up a brand new game and enjoy the thrill of opening it, or are all of you buying them for rarity / future profit sake?

Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

they probally want to keep it sealed or something.... I dont see this game more then doubling (60 tops) even if that.. people on amazon are trying to sell them for 50+ and they never move.... So i would not buy one thinking ,. Im going to make money

[quote name='macuseros9']Yeah I caught my local Gamestop in the Gutting Act.

Took it back called him an idiot and got a fresh sealed copy with security sticker intact.[/QUOTE]

WTF this is a DS game... ?

Got one here maybe I will jump.

this thread got off topic really fast, well actually several times in the thread

:rofl:

Anywho, went to like 3 GS around me. All sold out, and the 4th GS that did have it didnt have the case cause someone stole it and they only had the crappy GS case, lol....

[quote name='punkmaggit']You're joking right?[/quote]

If you are referring to, if it comes to the PSP, its already in the works. Unknown if they will release it in the US, but in Japan, its coming for the PSP as well.

I still believe this price drop is since the game hasn't sold well if at all. Was looking for a copy, so hopefully will buy it later today.

[quote name='nightmare452']If you are referring to, if it comes to the PSP, its already in the works. Unknown if they will release it in the US, but in Japan, its coming for the PSP as well.

I still believe this price drop is since the game hasn't sold well if at all. Was looking for a copy, so hopefully will buy it later today.[/QUOTE]

I think poor sales meant that WM/Kmart/Target wouldn't carry it... I never saw the game outside of GS or Amazon, and Amazon sold out.

GS had some, I ordered on thinking that I wouldn't be able to find one if it went used.

I still can't.... I only found on GS near me that states it has one new. No used... and only that one GS.

[quote name='io']fuck! I ordered this frrom GS.com for full price ($29.99) several weeks back when it looked like it was gonna be a really low print run (and I wanted to make sure I got a sealed copy). That'll teach me to ever buy a game :bomb:.[/quote]
Same here :bomb:

The only condolence is that it would be impossible to find a sealed copy in our area.

[quote name='Fodder']I'm curious, it seems that everyone in this thread wants a sealed copy. (I don't blame you, I much MUCH prefer sealed copies too) But my question is, is this because you like knowing you picked up a brand new game and enjoy the thrill of opening it, or are all of you buying them for rarity / future profit sake?

Just wondering.[/quote]

For me its because they are selling a game they most likely took home and played and then bring it back and sell it NEW even though it should be sold for 5-10 dollars less as used w/ the 10% edge discount. They sold me a gutted copy of Blue dragon last week as new and when I got it home it was scratched scuffed and stained from trying to clean. If I wanted that I would have saved the $5 and paid used.

bread's done
Back