N-Gage QD $19.99 NEW @ EB B&M + All Games $2.99 ea.

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
If your EB still has any new N-Gage QDs they should now ring up @ $19.99.
I don't know how much they were before, but this seemed like a pretty good deal.

Also, all new games are now $2.99.

Edit: The QD is $49.99 @ Gamestop.

[quote name='Fireshooter']I can't even find a direct link to N-Gage on the EB or the Gamestop page...[/QUOTE]

same here... I just want the link to see what stores near me have it.

One thing to note: Both Gamestops I went to had all of the games in the back... there was NOTHING out on the shelves. So definitely ask if you don't see any games out (and you probably won't).

Mental note to self: ALWAYS check CAG when I get up in the morning!

What makes this worse for me is that I just bought a new cell phone today! (My old one is quite a POS now...) And, I bought it at a Sprint store that is right next to an EB! (Knew I should have walked in...)

I'm researching right now to see how hard it is to convert an N-gage to the Spint network. Because I had my phone for three years (And I'm still in a contract b/c of the wife's phone) I had the $150 instant rebate...but all of Sprint's phone under the $300 mark kinda suck (even my beloved Sanyos...). I ended up shelling out about $40 for the Sanyo VI-2300, but the way I see it, I still have my 8100 (and a tri-screwdriver) lying here to dissect to my heart's delight.

If it IS possible to get the Ngage working with Sprint, PM me...even the $50 deal is still worth it to me. (I'll take the one I bought today back in a heartbeat.) If I can't find one in my area, I might even work out a deal with a fellow CAGer...

The only downside I can see is even my wife rags on the Ngage. But since I don't even text-message, I can even drop my vision plan and save a few bucks.

::goes back to researching converting to the Sprint network::

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I'm researching right now to see how hard it is to convert an N-gage to the Spint network.[/QUOTE]
It's impossible. Sprint uses CDMA, N-Gage is a GSM phone. They're not interoperable. You can actually buy a CDMA/GSM phone from Sprint, but they only offer it for iinternational compatibility. Sprint has no domestic GSM network.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Mental note to self: ALWAYS check CAG when I get up in the morning!

What makes this worse for me is that I just bought a new cell phone today! (My old one is quite a POS now...) And, I bought it at a Sprint store that is right next to an EB! (Knew I should have walked in...)

I'm researching right now to see how hard it is to convert an N-gage to the Spint network. Because I had my phone for three years (And I'm still in a contract b/c of the wife's phone) I had the $150 instant rebate...but all of Sprint's phone under the $300 mark kinda suck (even my beloved Sanyos...). I ended up shelling out about $40 for the Sanyo VI-2300, but the way I see it, I still have my 8100 (and a tri-screwdriver) lying here to dissect to my heart's delight.

If it IS possible to get the Ngage working with Sprint, PM me...even the $50 deal is still worth it to me. (I'll take the one I bought today back in a heartbeat.) If I can't find one in my area, I might even work out a deal with a fellow CAGer...

The only downside I can see is even my wife rags on the Ngage. But since I don't even text-message, I can even drop my vision plan and save a few bucks.

::goes back to researching converting to the Sprint network::[/QUOTE]

You have 14 days to go back on it, federal buyers remorse law

[quote name='Damian']It's impossible. Sprint uses CDMA, N-Gage is a GSM phone. They're not interoperable. You can actually buy a CDMA/GSM phone from Sprint, but they only offer it for iinternational compatibility. Sprint has no domestic GSM network.[/quote]

Yeah, I was just realizing that. I knew I saw some GSM phone today while researching my replacement, but I forgot they were CDMA. Hope blinded me, I guess...

Hmmmm...I am thinking of paying the $300 early term fee in a few months (for both my lines) and switching to T-mobile or something. (ANYTHING is better than Sprint! I have only stayed with them the past 7 years because of my coroprate discount...which now extends to all the cell providers - a benefit of working for a major corporation AKA "the man".) I am considering getting an N-gage just in case.

I guess I'll I'll check locally tomorrow when the stores open.

[quote name='Kuma']You have 14 days to go back on it, federal buyers remorse law[/quote]

That was one thing I did ask about and verify today. (I'm sorry to all if I am going slightly greatly off-topic...)

I have been a dissatisified Sprint user for some time recently. The only two reasons I stayed with them was (as I mentioned) my corporate discount on my plan and their great customer service. Seriously, years ago, their customer service was awesome and they'd work with you to keep you as a customer. When the Sanyo 8100 came out and a lot of stores didn't even have them in stock, I got a hella discounted price (read as free) because I talked to a supervisor who checked my records and saw how many phones I have gone through, been a customer for so long, etc, etc.

In Dec 2004, I went to a Sprint store to add my wife as a second line, get her accessories, etc. The lady there completely screwed up my service, sold us the wrong accessories (I can't blame the company for that), but she ended up changing my total replacement plan to just the repair plan...which I just found out today. (My fault, I didn't even know they have two separate plans.) Since my old phone showed some water damage (I don't know how, but the little sticker on the inside and on the battery says so, how do I argue with a sticker?) they wouldn't even repair it. When I was discussing my options, they even suggested that I can always cancel and switch to another carrier. I was a tad shocked by this, as I was friendly as can be, even when finding out that my plan had been changed, and consider myself far from a devil customer. Then again, if I cancel, they do get an easy $300 from me, so maybe that is what they were going for.

My contract is up in a few months, so I have been debating about limping along with a barely semi-working phone, or checking ebay or local stores and getting a cheap phone so i can take this one I bought today back. WHich brings me back around (finally!) to the 14 day return. Sprint's phone selection really sucks right now: you either have very bare bones (but with Ready Talk - even though it is not compatable with Nextel...WTF is up with that?) or you're looking at $400 for a decent camera phone that is not flimsy. If I could get an Ngage to work, I would gladly do it, because most of Sprint's extra services are becoming more and more useless to me. I really just use my phone to make and receive calls, it's just getting frustrating that it seems that all the other companies' basic, low-end phones can do so much more than what Sprint offers. (I've been checking out the competition since Christmas, weighing in whether or not the early term. fees are worth it.)

Again, sorry for the LAR (long ass reply)...I guess I just needed to vent. I am little disappointed because for what I paid for mine, I could have paid a few extra dollars for an Ngage...and I never thought I'd be disappointed by that!

Man my uncle needs a new phone I guess this would be much better than any other phone a company could offer.

Grave_addiction since you seem to be a happy n-gage owner what are the full possibilites that an n-gage can do?

the ngage is a nokia series60 smart phone, there is all kinds of software available for it, the the qd is an awesome phone even at 50 bucks

[quote name='rly723']wow, 11 pages for a deal only a couple people were able to get and at $50[/QUOTE]
sure, a few people got the deal on the system, but more got deals on the games!

[quote name='assassinX']Man my uncle needs a new phone I guess this would be much better than any other phone a company could offer.

Grave_addiction since you seem to be a happy n-gage owner what are the full possibilites that an n-gage can do?[/quote]

Here are some of the things the Ngage can do.

Phone
Play games (Some games can be played online)
Play movies
Play music
Read ebooks
Look at pictures
Play emulators
Browse the web (full websites via Opera web browser)
Check e-mail
Instant message
PDA functions (Calendar, clock, notepad, calculator and more)

Basically, it can do everything the PSP does and a whole lot more. The PSP just has a bigger screen.

I would soo pick this up for $20 if I could find it. But I have a question. I remember reading somewhere that the QD redesign dropped some of the original features the NGage had, like mp3 playback. Any truth to this?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Here are some of the things the Ngage can do.

Phone
Play games (Some games can be played online)
Play movies
Play music
Read ebooks
Look at pictures
Play emulators
Browse the web (full websites via Opera web browser)
Check e-mail
Instant message
PDA functions (Calendar, clock, notepad, calculator and more)

Basically, it can do everything the PSP does and a whole lot more. The PSP just has a bigger screen.[/quote]

[quote name='Puffa469']I would soo pick this up for $20 if I could find it. But I have a question. I remember reading somewhere that the QD redesign dropped some of the original features the NGage had, like mp3 playback. Any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

mentioned a few pages ago, mp3 and fm was removed, but mp3's can be played using ultramp3 (i think that's the name)

here are some misc n-gage links.. also, since a few are going to use the n-gage actively, be cautious as there are symbian based virus' out...

http://forums.gameaxis.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95

http://www.symbianware.com if you want themes, try this http://www.symbianware.com/product.php?id=slauncher60&pl=n7650

http://www.freewebs.com/jason_w_n-gage/index.htm

http://www.n-gage-help.com/index.php

http://www.allaboutngage.com/

http://www.zpmode.org/picodrive/

http://nokiafree.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38

http://www.vampent.com/ vnes for symbian is free, nice nes emulation with full speed and sound (supposidly, still awaiting my mmc to test it out)

[quote name='Puffa469']I would soo pick this up for $20 if I could find it. But I have a question. I remember reading somewhere that the QD redesign dropped some of the original features the NGage had, like mp3 playback. Any truth to this?[/quote]

Yeah, that is true. The QD was basically a cost-cutting move by Nokia. They wanted to be able to sell the N-Gage at a more competitive price and in doing so, had to cut out some features from the original on the QD.

The original has stereo sound, the QD has mono.

The original has an FM radio, the QD does not.

The original has an installed MP3 plaer, the QD does not. (But you can install one yourself)

The QD has a brighter screen than the original.

The QD has the hot swap feature to allow you to switch MMCs.

The QD can eliminated Side Talkin'.

The QD is a little smaller than the original.

And that should be about it.

Nice. I have the first Ngage (I got it for free) so I may as well get the QD for collection purposes. These will go next to my Game.com and Virtual Boy. Thanks OP.

After I popped in my cingular sim card, I was able to call everyone just fine; it even imported all of my phone numbers from the sim card. I also managed to find an eb that still had some games. I got most of the ones I was looking for :)

so it was in isolated places that had the $19.99 price? $50 out of my range, not that it mattered, since every single eb and gamestop in town lacked an N Gage. one eb over in lexington got all the N Gage games from all the other stores, but no systems. sucks, because i have about 10 n gage games i've wanted to try out for a while now.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']so it was in isolated places that had the $19.99 price? $50 out of my range, not that it mattered, since every single eb and gamestop in town lacked an N Gage. one eb over in lexington got all the N Gage games from all the other stores, but no systems. sucks, because i have about 10 n gage games i've wanted to try out for a while now.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just the first version of N-Gage that was $19.99. The QD is $49.99, although a few people have scored it for $19.99, so it's very much a YMMV.

I just found out that the Ngage has a highly limited alarm that can only set one alarm and has an really soft uncustimizable alarm tone. Is there a free app out there that has those features?

EDIT: Just found some. Thanks for the links ashram!

EDIT: My phone service has to have Ngage support to use the online features (like Ngage Arena), correct?

[quote name='caphynehy']If someone can get me a Cingular one (all the GS and EBs around me are sold out) I would pay $35-40 for it.[/quote]

Good luck with that. There was one person who paid $20, everyone else has paid $50 for it.

[quote name='KingNES']the title needs to be changed to reflect the 49.99 price and a serious YMMV for the 19.99 one.[/quote]

I bought 1 for myself and 1 for my girlfriend, both at EB for $19.99. If you can find the QD @ EB it should be $19.99 and not $49.99. Gamestop is selling the QD for $49.99.

[quote name='onikage']I bought 1 for myself and 1 for my girlfriend, both at EB for $19.99. If you can find the QD @ EB it should be $19.99 and not $49.99. Gamestop is selling the QD for $49.99.[/QUOTE]

lucky you

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I thought EB and Gamestop have the same prices now?[/quote]

I thought so too, but apparently at least some price differences remain. I also bought a copy of R-Type Delta for $7.99 @ EB, the GS price is around $17.99.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I thought EB and Gamestop have the same prices now?[/QUOTE]

No, I spoke with one of the guys at Gamestop about this. Their systems are still not in sync yet, and you'll find a lot of differences in price between them.

[quote name='onikage']I thought so too, but apparently at least some price differences remain. I also bought a copy of R-Type Delta for $7.99 @ EB, the GS price is around $17.99.[/QUOTE]

fucking nice, i've been looking for Delta for too long. i'm missing a number of PS1 shooters, probably more than the RPGs that i'm missing: Delta, Raiden Project, G Darius, and more i can't think of right now.

[quote name='KingNES']the title needs to be changed to reflect the 49.99 price and a serious YMMV for the 19.99 one.[/quote]

I think what's going on is there is a difference between the SKUs.

The N-Gage QD without a phone service is ringing up at $20.

The Cingular N-Gage QD is ringing up at $50.

The QD with no phone service is an older version that probably was an initial shipment, while the Cingular one is much newer.

The only difference between the systems is the firmware and that can be downloaded from the n-gage.com site.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']I just found out that the Ngage has a highly limited alarm that can only set one alarm and has an really soft uncustimizable alarm tone. Is there a free app out there that has those features?

EDIT: Just found some. Thanks for the links ashram!

EDIT: My phone service has to have Ngage support to use the online features (like Ngage Arena), correct?[/QUOTE]

use bluetooth for arena access in games

So yeah, last night I won a friendly game of Texas hold'em and won enough to cover the cost of the N-Gage. I now have a phone that doesn't fall apart. Sure it doesn't have camera on it, but it was only $25. Now I just need to find more games. That and money.

One part of me says this was a fucking awesome deal, the other part says "how awesome can a deal involving a N-Gage be?". Anyways for about $60 total:

QD x 1 @ 19.99

Games (13) @ 2.99
Red Faction
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Requim of Hell
Pocket Kingdom
X-Men Legends
Bomberman
Sonic N
Sims Bustin Out
The Roots: Gates of Chaos
Puzzle Bobble Vs
The King of Fighters Extreme
Rayman 3
Puyo Pop

I don't wish to alarm anyone, but that set-up is $20 less than a new GBA SP

Perhaps I will change my mind after I start playing some of these games

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']One part of me says this was a fucking awesome deal, the other part says "how awesome can a deal involving a N-Gage be?". Anyways for about $60 total:

QD x 1 @ 19.99

Games (13) @ 2.99
Red Faction
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Requim of Hell
Pocket Kingdom
X-Men Legends
Bomberman
Sonic N
Sims Bustin Out
The Roots: Gates of Chaos
Puzzle Bobble Vs
The King of Fighters Extreme
Rayman 3
Puyo Pop

I don't wish to alarm anyone, but that set-up is $20 less than a new GBA SP

Perhaps I will change my mind after I start playing some of these games

Dave[/QUOTE]

Did you get your QD from an EB or Gamestop?

[quote name='Beana Blasta']whats a MUST HAVE game for the n-gage?[/QUOTE]

This depends on what style game you like.

In terms of something unique, it would probably be Pocket Kingdom or Pathway to Glory.

I don't know if anyone linked to this site, but I used to work for http://www.ngagegaming.com. There is a decent message board there and some info. It is kind of going to waste now, like almost anything N-Gage related.

By the way, if anyone picks up one of the 20$ QDs let me know, I'd be interested in buying or trading for it.

[quote name='Beana Blasta']whats the alarm clock software that lanzero got? I also dont like the softness of the alarm clock[/quote]
I dont have an mmc card to test it out with yet, but there are some good apps here...

Also, is anyone out there able to pick me up a copy of:

Pocket Kingdom
King of Fighters
Puyo Pop
X-Men Legends
Roots Gates of Chaos

Much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Is there anything like a neoprene slip case for the ngage? I just need something to protect the device from scratches, while not being bulky.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']

EDIT: Is there anything like a neoprene slip case for the ngage? I just need something to protect the device from scratches, while not being bulky.[/QUOTE]

there is an ugly case (listed at eb/gs but out of stock) but a search on ebay does reveal replacement covers, in all colors

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Yeah, I was just realizing that. I knew I saw some GSM phone today while researching my replacement, but I forgot they were CDMA. Hope blinded me, I guess...

Hmmmm...I am thinking of paying the $300 early term fee in a few months (for both my lines) and switching to T-mobile or something. (ANYTHING is better than Sprint! I have only stayed with them the past 7 years because of my coroprate discount...which now extends to all the cell providers - a benefit of working for a major corporation AKA "the man".) I am considering getting an N-gage just in case.

I guess I'll I'll check locally tomorrow when the stores open.[/QUOTE]

Why would anyone pay a $300 disconnect fee? That's insane.

bread's done
Back