N64 game case project - live!

[quote name='wshbrngr']Hey.... Just cause I am a grampa does not mean I am THAT old... I mean, How do you know I didn't have my first kid when I was 14..... :D
(I didn't, but it coulda happened......)
Its funny, I don't feel that old........ :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

ok. say you had your first kid 18 and your kid had his first kid at 18. That'd make you at least 36, which is about 15 years older than I am...so yeah, you're a little old.

[quote name='SMMM']ok. say you had your first kid 18 and your kid had his first kid at 18. That'd make you at least 36, which is about 15 years older than I am...so yeah, you're a little old.[/quote]

OK, first of all :p~

Second, in about 8-10yrs you will NOT think 36 is a little old..... (unfortunately add 11yrs to that for me)

and third, yea... OK ... I'm old... But my granddaughter still thinks I am the coolest guy on the planet.

btw, since you are 21... my youngest daughter just turned 20, so if you're single, and not ugly and have a good job.........
edited to add: really good job

No, wait, its my wife trying to get her out of the house, not me.......:)

Quick Update:

I have now scanned another 25 manuals onto my HDD [Gosh I hope I dont get a HDD crash anytime soon]. I am in the process of straightening, cropping, sizing and color correecting these prior to creating pdf manuals for them. It's a time consuming job so expect them when you see them.

Nate .... to be honest my SF Rush Extreme Racing is in better condition than both 4tygames and yours. I have scanned it already ... just needs the work done on it.

Sorry I haven't done much with 4tygames scans as yet.

[quote name='Backlash']How do you want us to communicate errors/issues/suggestions to you?[/QUOTE]

In the forums there. I am eventually going to tie the author information to the forum accounts. This allows the users to maintain their profile and I will also be using forum accounts to enable people to access gamelists and assist with updating the site. I'll create a Feedback topic called Beta Testing and everyone can chime in there.

[quote name='Snowcone']The registration problems should now be fixed. Register away.[/QUOTE]

how long are the verification e-mails supposed to take? I registered about 20 minutes ago, and haven't gotten it yet.

edit: ...and there it is. nevermind. :lol:

[quote name='SMMM']how long are the verification e-mails supposed to take? I registered about 20 minutes ago, and haven't gotten it yet.[/QUOTE]

No clue, let me just activate your account.

Edit: Done.

I've now scanned 38 manuals onto the PC for processing and converting to pdf's. By the time I'm finished I think there'll be approx 100 high-quality manuals available on the new website. that's one third of the total games released ... not to shabby a start I think.

[quote name='nate1749']ack, i have no idea what's wrong with my gallery... i give up... here's some covers I scanned in a temp directory.

http://ukbeats.com/temp/[/quote]

Hey Nate .... if you're around .... I forgot to grab your scans around with AJNRULES. He just reminded me and I'm grabbing his now but yours are AWOL. Cant access the temp dir. Can you have a look at it so I can get them down?

Cheers buddy!!!

UPDATE: After a rev up from AJ here's Banjo Kazooie JPN ......

More to come ....

UPDATE: From now on all new covers will be detailed at the new site Snowcone has been developing http://www.thecoverproject.net/index.php

My N64 manuals are now also available on the new site so although I cant speak for Snowcone I think might be a safe bet to get yourselves a login for the forums at the new site if you haven't already done so and look there for all new updates from this time onwards. I will be pretty much be working out of there exclusively ....

I was super excited Friday 'cause my package from Simi Valley came (the Universal Game Cases ship from CA) but when I opened it up, I found 100 slim clear CD cases... I paid how much for this? Part numbers are just a little different, so I e-mailed them to request a pre-paid shipping label to return the incorrect item and to please send me the game cases I ordered... :cry:

[quote name='Snowcone']Ouch. That stinks.[/quote]

Yeah, add this to my accidental ordering of Slim DVD cases instead of regular DVD cases, it was a week of disappointments!

At least I can take the blame for the Slim DVD case order, don't order right before going to bed and your eyes are partially closed!

But I triple checked when I ordered the Universal Game Cases, I guess whoever was working there did the same as me... :D

[quote name='nate1749']ack, i have no idea what's wrong with my gallery... i give up... here's some covers I scanned in a temp directory.

http://ukbeats.com/temp/[/quote]

Hey Nate .... get yer butt over to the new site www.thecoverproject.net as all conversation is now taking place there.

Re your scans .... I have converted the ones that we didn't have copies of ad they're now on the new site. However:

1. Off road Challenge needs the front re-scanned as the top has been chopped somehow :cry:

2. I need the rear scans for Mickey's Speedway USA, Road Rash 64.

Cheers .....

ok ill get to scanning those this week, hope all is well w/everything... hopefully the next batch of boxes i have isn't covered w/stickers.

Hey guys, just wanted to say that this project is awesome.

I clicked the link for the "raw scans" and it gave me a 404. I don't know much about Photoshop, but there are a few games I have that are not in the database. Breath of Fire 2 for the GBA is the most notable. I still have the box, so I will try to upload it soon.

[quote name='mitchondria']does anyone need anymore of these?

cause i need in... and if i can find 4 people we can split the cost[/QUOTE]

Ask over on the forums at TCP and you're likely to find someone buying the cases.

What is a full cost of 100 pack from mediashelving? I'm mainly looking for an estimate on the shipping. I need about 45-50 for myself.

*UPDATE* So they finally got back with me and it's going to be about 65 bucks for the items plus shipping to me. That isn't bad, but I really don't need 100 of them. Anyone interested in going in for some, let me know.

[quote name='astaroidz']what is your project is all about could you explain a bit more,so that it will easy for us to understand.[/QUOTE]

Basically, if you're looking for a better way to store/display your cartridge-based games, you can buy a universal case and print the cover to fit it from The Cover Project. Or, if you're missing a cover for your disc-based games, you can find it and reprint it. Usually the covers are recreations (scans) of the original game box/case, but some games have custom covers created by contributors.

You can read more here and here.

lol these reproduction boxes are a waste of time and money.

Real official boxes could be worth something depending on the game but these production boxes are a waste. Just put a label on the games and get good storage containers to store them.

A better investment would probably be getting the kit to change the battery out for save files since so many run on a battery.

I just did a flip with some CIB games. I bought Zelda Oot and starfox64 complete from a guy both for $35 I took the game carts out and sold the boxes and manuals for $20 -$3 to ship. All in all it makes my game carts come to $9 each I payed shipped.

zelda64_box_front2.jpg

zelda64_box_back2.jpg

764646.jpg

747464.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='needler420']lol these reproduction boxes are a waste of time and money.

Real official boxes could be worth something depending on the game but these production boxes are a waste. Just put a label on the games and get good storage containers to store them.

A better investment would probably be getting the kit to change the battery out for save files since so many run on a battery.

I just did a flip with some CIB games. I bought Zelda Oot and starfox64 complete from a guy both for $35 I took the game carts out and sold the boxes and manuals for $20 -$3 to ship. All in all it makes my game carts come to $9 each I payed shipped.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. If you can find every CIB in the wild without paying a premium (which is just about impossible). You can pretty much box a whole collection in UGC's for the cost of one harder-to-find title.

By the way, you should thank whoever bought that Starfox 64 box + manual profusely. They've been selling for $30-35 complete and Near Mint (a smart buyer could've paid $7 more and got my NM example) ;) Unless you mean you only got $10 per IB (which wouldn't be too hot)?

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Well, yeah. If you can find every CIB in the wild without paying a premium (which is just about impossible). You can pretty much box a whole collection in UGC's for the cost of one harder-to-find title.

By the way, you should thank whoever bought that Starfox 64 box + manual profusely. They've been selling for $30-35 complete and Near Mint (a smart buyer could've paid $7 more and got my NM example) ;) Unless you mean you only got $10 per IB (which wouldn't be too hot)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got $10 per box and manual.

That's about what they were worth in that condition starfox had no inserts And had marker writing on it.

Zelda Oot CIB is only like $25 including game on ebay. And if you wait around you could get it in better condition then mine was at BIN. Not to mention if you do auctions you could easily snipe one cheaper and in better condition.

My deal was a flip the same week I bought the games CIB I had a buyer to buy the boxes and manuals. I could have waited longer but the most I would have got for them is another $5 bucks its not worth my time for the extra $5 bucks or even $10.

I'm a gamer before a collector when I want to make money Ill invest in the stock market and precious metals market as I am. I was happy enough after going through the shipping hassle to get my game carts below market price. And like I said I got them with intentions of playing them not to collect and store them on a shelf to stare at.

Getting the box and manual to old games is a plus for sure and like you said when the premium is right ill take it for sure. But when the boxes cost more then the game itself its a no no to me. I sold the boxes to those games for the same price I paid for the game carts after shipping.

I have a The legend of Zelda Majora's mask gold cart CIB deal almost near mint box for $20 shipped. Ill probably keep the packaging on that since the gold cart normal market value is about $15 anyway so for $20 shipped and its condition ill probably keep the box to that.

i was into this several years ago but got rid of a lot of stuff, I have a lot of the cases in a box in the garage. if anybody wants them pm me. id get rid of them on the cheap.

[quote name='needler420']Yeah I got $10 per box and manual.

That's about what they were worth in that condition starfox had no inserts And had marker writing on it.

Zelda Oot CIB is only like $25 including game on ebay. And if you wait around you could get it in better condition then mine was at BIN. Not to mention if you do auctions you could easily snipe one cheaper and in better condition.

My deal was a flip the same week I bought the games CIB I had a buyer to buy the boxes and manuals. I could have waited longer but the most I would have got for them is another $5 bucks its not worth my time for the extra $5 bucks or even $10.

I'm a gamer before a collector when I want to make money Ill invest in the stock market and precious metals market as I am. I was happy enough after going through the shipping hassle to get my game carts below market price. And like I said I got them with intentions of playing them not to collect and store them on a shelf to stare at.

Getting the box and manual to old games is a plus for sure and like you said when the premium is right ill take it for sure. But when the boxes cost more then the game itself its a no no to me. I sold the boxes to those games for the same price I paid for the game carts after shipping.

I have a The legend of Zelda Majora's mask gold cart CIB deal almost near mint box for $20 shipped. Ill probably keep the packaging on that since the gold cart normal market value is about $15 anyway so for $20 shipped and its condition ill probably keep the box to that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, condition is everything when it comes to the paper, though $25 is pretty sad on OoT for a CIB, since a cart-only might fetch $18, the manual $5, etc. It's crazy, but I guess people will buy up the parts to save money.

Nice find on the Majora's Mask, I'd think a NM complete would be worth $40 easy.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Yeah, condition is everything when it comes to the paper, though $25 is pretty sad on OoT for a CIB, since a cart-only might fetch $18, the manual $5, etc. It's crazy, but I guess people will buy up the parts to save money.

Nice find on the Majora's Mask, I'd think a NM complete would be worth $40 easy.[/QUOTE]

Oot CIB on ebay is only $25 BIN shipped but yeah the cart can go for that much happy to get mine for $9 shipped in excellent condition. A user on here just sold his cart for that much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legend-Zeld...6593?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ab03f9411

Like I said I could have maybe made another $5 bucks but the amount of time to find someone who wants boxed games isn't worth the effort. Specially when they know what the market of the game goes for.

And I didn't get MM CIB the guy backed out last minute pretty sure he realized the game CIB was worth about double what he wanted.

Which is why I don't really waste my time with collecting aspects too many people are aware of current market prices nowadays. If I do its just to make flips to get more bang for my buck.

Had I got MM I probably would have sold box and manual for $15 and have gotten a gold cart for $5 shipped didn't work out though oh well lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently got 100 of the Universal cases, printed a couple N64 box arts on my printer and decided that would use A LOT of ink.

So I took my usb drive to fedex Kinkos and used their printer, but you can't do borderless, at least not on the express printers. Is there another option that I'm over looking??

I recently got 100 of the Universal cases, printed a couple N64 box arts on my printer and decided that would use A LOT of ink.

So I took my usb drive to fedex Kinkos and used their printer, but you can't do borderless, at least not on the express printers. Is there another option that I'm over looking??
I would make some calls I ran into some issues printing ds cases. Call your local printing places and see if they do borderless printing. I also recommend the glossy paper makes it look official.

Also if you arnt going to use all 100 I'd buy some off you.

bread's done
Back