N64 game case project - live!

[quote name='Machikunas']Well, I'd like to get a bunch of cases, but not a hundred... anyone want to go in on it with me?[/QUOTE]

I need about 10, and I know Chrono72090 was looking for somewhere around 25 or something like that. Did you need 65 cases? :p Maybe if we can find one more person we can do it.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']do y'all by any chance need the Limited Editions of Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time?[/QUOTE]

Collector's Editiion of Majora's Mask is the default one, so we actually need a normal version of that.

We could use the Limited Edition of OOT, though.

I just briefly looked through the list, and I have about 8-12 scans that I can add to the cause. Almost all of my games were removed straight from their respective boxes, and the boxes were then placed in storage. They should all be sun damage free.

The catch? I'm in San Francisco right now, 2500 miles from my games. Someone will need to remind me 6 weeks from now, or I will forget. :)

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']I just briefly looked through the list, and I have about 8-12 scans that I can add to the cause. Almost all of my games were removed straight from their respective boxes, and the boxes were then placed in storage. They should all be sun damage free.

The catch? I'm in San Francisco right now, 2500 miles from my games. Someone will need to remind me 6 weeks from now, or I will forget. :)[/QUOTE]

There's always a catch...

This is just a test. But I was hoping to contribute something while I try and find my scanner. These were taken manually. I really hope this helps in the mean time if so I can start doing this for now.:cool: When I find my scanner where do I host the images? Post the URL here?

[quote name='Backlash']Ha ha ha! Actually, the GBA project is the original project that this was based on! There's a thread around somewhere on it, but just go to snackbar-games.com and click the tab for gba covers. There are hundreds of them!

Edit: Here's the page: http://www.snackbar-games.com/gbacovers.php

It's kinda slow though IMO so it might not be great over dialup.[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much for the link and the warning, Backlash! You're awesome. *blows kiss towards Plano (which is next door to where I grew up).*

I've bookmarked it, and when I find a kind and loving friend who'll let me shmooze their hi-speed, I'm there. =D

[quote name='TehTriggerman'] When I find my scanner where do I host the images? Post the URL here?
[/quote]

Nate1749 has set up a place to upload raw scans for your covers.

Go to http://ukbeats.com/n64/raw?page=1

and click login in the upper right hand corner

login:n64covers
pass:n64covers

Once those covers are uploaded, we can work on them and create n64 game covers.

Allright, about buying the N64 cases.

DustBoogie wants 10
Chrono72090 wants 25
SMMM wants 40

Which leaves 25 for me. That sounds almost perfect.

Can everyone confirm? I'm willing to order them and mess with sending them out to everyone so long as everyone can pay their fair share and then whatever the cost is for me to ship them out to everyone.

TehTriggerman - Msg me your mailing address if your in the continental USA. I have an extra slim canon scanner (either 1200 or 2400dpi, either way works fine for this project) that I can mail you. I just ask want to make sure you've got a bunch to contribute and will (you seem motivated so great!). Thanks,

Nate

[quote name='SMMM']Is there anything you don't have an extra of, nate? [/quote]

ROFL .... hey .... don't upset him as I'm a recipient of his generosity :lol:

Oh....and Snowcone updated Snack-bar so all the latest are now on-line

Another update on message #881

Here's Turok - Shadow of Oblivion PAL ..... another one marked off as Complete

Here's Gauntlet Legends PAL ..... another one marked off as Complete

More labels added to Box.net...up to 76 now with 4 NTSC labels yet to be added.

[quote name='Machikunas']Allright, about buying the N64 cases.

DustBoogie wants 10
Chrono72090 wants 25
SMMM wants 40

Which leaves 25 for me. That sounds almost perfect.

Can everyone confirm? I'm willing to order them and mess with sending them out to everyone so long as everyone can pay their fair share and then whatever the cost is for me to ship them out to everyone.[/quote]

If someone doesn't want to have theires, I'd pay for everything for 15 of em.

Wow that would be freaking sweet for the SNES project. He has a few I need that I figured we'd never get, like Rampart. If we could get a bunch of people to throw in a few bucks each and ship them to someone who would scan them in I'd certainly contribute some $$. That would be hard to organize in 3 days though.

[quote name='Backlash']Wow that would be freaking sweet for the SNES project. He has a few I need that I figured we'd never get, like Rampart. If we could get a bunch of people to throw in a few bucks each and ship them to someone who would scan them in I'd certainly contribute some $$. That would be hard to organize in 3 days though.[/quote]

Yeah ... I don't have a SNES and I'm maxxed out financially on the N64 purchases recently but I thought it was an interesting auction nonetheless :)
Otherwise I'd been happy to contribute towards it.

EDIT. Just purchased a 9 game bundle with 5 games not yet scanned. See message 881 for the gory details....

Here's Hydro Thunder NTSC .......

Crikey. Just got the Visa bill and I've overspent getting all this stuff by $500+ so absolutely NO more purchases until I'm back in the black.

im also not interested in the snes project, but ill buy all those boxes and scan them in and resell them again, id probably lose some cash, but whatever i don't care. He's got a reserve on it though, so i messaged him asking what it is... aren't there like 700+ ntsc snes games though? I mean 268 would make a dent, but not even 1/2 way there. Plus I can't convert them (don't have the photoshop skills), but I'm sure someone would do them eventually if I uploaded th raws.

If anyone sees a large (50 boxes that we need) n64 lot please let me know, i check ebay every so once in awhile, but im still regreting when I passed up on some huge lots right when I got involved with this project.

Nate

[quote name='nate1749']im also not interested in the snes project, but ill buy all those boxes and scan them in and resell them again, id probably lose some cash, but whatever i don't care. He's got a reserve on it though, so i messaged him asking what it is... aren't there like 700+ ntsc snes games though? I mean 268 would make a dent, but not even 1/2 way there. Plus I can't convert them (don't have the photoshop skills), but I'm sure someone would do them eventually if I uploaded th raws.

If anyone sees a large (50 boxes that we need) n64 lot please let me know, i check ebay every so once in awhile, but im still regreting when I passed up on some huge lots right when I got involved with this project.

Nate[/quote]

See message #881.
I brought a 28 box lot and a 15 box lot a few days and a 9 lot today. Hence my Visa account looking like crap :)
Just waiting on them arriving but I did get Hydro Thunder today along with Nascar 2000 and Knife Edge- Nose Gunner so you'll see those shortly here and on Snack-bar.

In N64 systems on EBAY there's a 41 game box system lot due to end in a few hours but it's over $100 already and I haven't added up how any of those we dont have. I'd love them...they look fab condition and there's a couple of rarities like Ogre Battle 64 & Spideyman.

Alas .... I cant contribute financially at this point until I get my deficit cleared but it's better for our cause to get those vs the SNES one's..... SMMM may disagree though :D

EDIT. Here's Nascar 2000 NTSC for all you red box lovers......

[quote name='TheValeman']

Alas .... I cant contribute financially at this point until I get my deficit cleared but it's better for our cause to get those vs the SNES one's..... SMMM may disagree though :D[/QUOTE]

Yes, I would since the SNES project is currently at about 5%...those boxes would be a verrry nice dent. Besides, it's almost impossible to find boxes for games like 3 Ninjas Kick Back and Rocko's Modern Life nowadays. by the way, I love you nate.

also...those N64 games I ordered have still not arrived. I'm getting a bit worried...

[quote name='SMMM']Yes, I would since the SNES project is currently at about 5%...those boxes would be a verrry nice dent. Besides, it's almost impossible to find boxes for games like 3 Ninjas Kick Back and Rocko's Modern Life nowadays. by the way, I love you nate.

also...those N64 games I ordered have still not arrived. I'm getting a bit worried...[/quote]

I suppose those 268 covers would get the SNES project to 30% which is a huge increase although I think Nate might be scannered out by the time he finishes. Then you'll have a fair bit of conversion work to do SMMM

Maybe I shouldn't of let you guys know about that auction.:)

Anyway .... here's Knife Edge - Nose Gunner NTSC ......

Looking forward to that N64 arriving. Hydro Thunder wont work with my Ultra64 SFX adapter on the PAL machine. Sniff sniff ... get a dreaded "Not designed for your region" message.

All the covers have been upped to Snack-bar for Snowcone to do his thing. Has anyone else noticed that there is no directory for numbered games. I had to search for 1080 to list them which allowed me to then get to them. I wonder if it's a mistake on their part or maybe I'm not doing something quite right?

EDIT. Here's the link for the 43 game N64 pack for sale on EBAY.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NINTENDO-64-SYSTEM-w-43-GAMES-ACCESSORIES-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ8277163770QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Quite an impressive lot for someone wanting to get into N64 actually. However, if you look at the games there's not too many we dont already have. The biggie is Shadowgate 64 ... I haven't seen a boxed version of that anywhere else.

he wouldn't tell me what the reserve price is for the snes, i bid 100 and hope no one else does and then they offer it to me at that price.. I can scan boxes in at work since i run a small company with a friend and do whatever I want =) So I won't get sick of it, I already scan every dvd disc cover I get that isn't a "rental only" one. I also bid 150 on that n64, but it ended at 250, forget that. Seems like everyones got their tax money back and eBay junk is insane.

Nate

7 more NTSC cart labels added to my Box.net directory.

$250 for that N64 lot ... that's insane alright. Add $100 for postage and 40% for the total value on top means it would've cost me $600NZ for that lot. Wow!!

I wonder how much those SNES boxes will go for. It's a huge lot so even if the reserve is set at $1.00 each .... phew .... big pockets required. :roll:
Holy cow thats a huge load of boxes they're packed in. makes the $35 postage fee look pretty reasonable...hehe

[quote name='nate1749']I already scan every dvd disc cover I get that isn't a "rental only" one.

Nate[/quote]

Crikey ... you got those online somewhere? :D

[quote name='nate1749']he wouldn't tell me what the reserve price is for the snes, i bid 100 and hope no one else does and then they offer it to me at that price.. I can scan boxes in at work since i run a small company with a friend and do whatever I want =) So I won't get sick of it, I already scan every dvd disc cover I get that isn't a "rental only" one. I also bid 150 on that n64, but it ended at 250, forget that. Seems like everyones got their tax money back and eBay junk is insane.

Nate[/QUOTE]

Well at least 4 people (myself included) have offered to chip in $10 each. We can probably get a few more. If you then resell them after scanning it shouldn't be too bad financially in the end. Hope you win! :)

oh I'm fine on cash, but thanks for offering to chip in. I sold my g35 after my road trip that was costing me a grand a month (payment, gas, insurance, tickets) so I've got more disposable income... If anything donate to thevaleman, he needs it.

it's just the principle... I'm not willing to spend $400 on some snes boxes if I believe they're only going to resell for $50... That auction just has a monopoly over snes box scene, haha... Not to change the topic to snes, but let me know what you think is fair for that box lot and then I'll probably bid that.

Nate

[quote name='TheValeman']Crikey ... you got those online somewhere? :D[/quote]

in reply to scanning on dvd disc covers...
I recommend you use cdcovers.cc and I've got a bunch of images to submit to them, but I never seem to get around to it. They've got some annoying image standards so I hate having to modify my scans to conform to them (which I don't 100% agree with). My labels are all NTSC though, on cdcovers.cc you'll find PAL submissions, also they have a message board you can request covers or there are tutorials on how to make your own (e.g. vcd's) and have them look professional.

Nate

I think $1 per cover isn't unrealistic so a $200 bid for 268 boxes is probably what I'd go if I had all that dosh and no supercar to spend it on :D

The big value of the boxes however, will be realised by someone owns truckloads of carts they want to sell and no boxes as it'll make them a more attractive sale item if they put the two together.

So although a $200 bid sounds like a possible winner I think you will find the big name gameshop players will come out towards the end if the N64 auctions I've bid on and lost recently is any indication. With a box adding several dollars to the sale price...specially for rarer carts I wouldn't be surprised to see $300-$400 on this lot.

But that's just my opinion. Always happy to be proved wrong :)

How much space does your site host give you?

I have 85+ labels on my Box.net dir ... most PAL ... but I'm now collecting US games thanks to Nate and his N64 offer so I have some 40+ games coming a lot of which are boxed and not as yet scanned so it'll mean a whole lot of labels too in addition to the covers.
So you can download them and transfer them onto your site if you want to.

EDIT. I looked at googlepages and your site is limited to 100mb's. My labels currently take 36mb's of space so I think you wont be able to host all labels on your site. Still....at least I'll be able to get them off there and up them to Box.net

I have a google pages account as well. Perhaps we can split up the alphabet and have A-M on his and N-Z on mine.

Please Digg This: http://digg.com/gaming/N64_Cover_Project

I have been working on the labels. I think there needs to be one central location for the website, but if you want to host labels N-Z, that would be awesome. Just PM me the links and I'll post the links up. Hopefully, I can get little mini picture links to work on Google Pages, if not, then we can make the labels into 2 pages or something.

The problem with Box.net and googlepages is that only the owner can update them.
What we really need is something like UKBeats or Snack-bar where submissions can be made by anyone logging in.

I'm not too happy with giving access logins onto my personal accounts going by the things I've seen uploaded to my alternate imageshack site ... items not anything to do with the n64cover forum.

So whatever you guys do is okay but I'll continue to update my Box.net dir with any submissions to the other sites anyway. Good to have a backup in case something happens to the sites like what happened to UKBeats last year

Point taken.

So... I will create a Google Account for Googlepages and share it with everyone.

EDIT:

All right, here is the googlepage account for anyone that wants to help out and create this awesome website for N64 Labels:

Just go to googlepages.com

Email: n64labels

Password: cheapassgamer

I haven't done anything yet to it, but if someone wants to take the time to upload and design the website, feel free to go ahead and do that.

Just remember, PLEASE SIGN OUT once you are finished updating the website.

To everyone involved:whistle2: This is an awesome project and thanks to all of you for your time. I have all of my N64 games already in plastic cases that perfectly fit these covers and like everyone else regret throwing away those boxes.

With that said, where do I download all of the covers!? I've read through 18 pages from this thread and still can't find a link to go fetch the most current archive of all of the covers.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.

[quote name='InfiniteStill']To everyone involved:whistle2: This is an awesome project and thanks to all of you for your time. I have all of my N64 games already in plastic cases that perfectly fit these covers and like everyone else regret throwing away those boxes.

With that said, where do I download all of the covers!? I've read through 18 pages from this thread and still can't find a link to go fetch the most current archive of all of the covers.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.[/QUOTE]

It's in the very first post, under the heading "Existing Covers." They're up on Snackbar Games (click the N64 tab).

Do you want us to submit boxart if we have it? I'm pretty sure that I have the Majora's Mask box, and a bunch of SNES boxes.

Check the list first. We already have a cover for Majora's Mask NTSC, but I think the SNES cover project would be grateful if you scanned in your SNES boxes.

Ah, I see. I was looking at the Snackbar Games site. I'll check to see what boxes I have, I might have some other N64 ones and I don't have all the SNES ones memorized, but I should have a decent amount to contribute.
This is a really cool project, very good idea. I'll probably get some when I can.

yeah there's no limit on space on my host, i mean it's like 10gigs or something i dunno, but even if i go over then I just have to pay a little more or something, whatever. The gallery function on ukbeats works fine. For whatever reason 1 person has been having trouble with it, but I've tested it with multiple computers at multiple locations and it's a-ok. I've also set the gallery permissions so anyone can upload, but only I can delete.

The reason my gallery went down last year was because my web host did a databse upgrade and then had to manually fix a bunch of sites with gallery installed... I initially was trying to fix it myself because I didn't want them to see the covers and perhaps complain about copyrights or something, but after failing I just contacted them and they fixed it in 5 minutes.

Nate

UPDATE:
I have now converted ALL the box scan's curently on UKBeats and as such you can probably delete those images .... or at least move then to a different directory so that all that remains in there is yet to be scanned art. That way I don't have to trawl thru multile pages looking for new stuff.
As space isn't a problem I suggest creating a "Completed" dir and placing that art in there as an archive.

What do you think Nate?

I am currently uploading battletanx Global Assault to Snack-bar along with corrected versions of Quake II and Shadowman with the NTSC spines. Someone needs to get hold of Snowcone to advise him to replace the existing US versions with these.

I just opened my front door to find a HUGE load of goodies sitting there.

First there was my box of 24 N64 boxes sent via my brother as the seller wouldn't ship International.

Next up was a box containing 6 Brand New never opened wrestling games 5 of which we dont yet have covers for so these will provide excellent scans for them after removing from shrinkwrap

Then my Aerofighters Assault boxed game came out of the next package.

Lastly but the best by far was the N64 console courtesy of Nate. You're a legend buddy and I'm going to be busy in the next couple of weeks creating covers for a ton of games thanks to your generosity. Oh ... the little extra's were fantastic too:D
I plugged my NZ PSU and controllers into it & away it went. Hydro Thunder works a treat on this baby.

So expect a big contribution of new covers from me shortly. Any new covers on UKBeats will probably take a back seat while I trawl thru this humongous lot but never fear ... TheValeman will get there ... eventually.

I checked Snackbar and it doesn't have my Megaman 64 cover :S

By the way, Valeman, congratulations! that stuff must have been awesome to get.

[quote name='4tygames']That's awesome TheValeman!

Can't wait for that Aerofighters Assault cover :D[/quote]

hehe .... seeing as you put up the label I gathered you'd be interested in that cover.

However...... here's a teaser ....

WCW Back Stage Assault in all it's glory.

and WCW Mayhem. These are pristine meaning no huge corrective work so it's easy to get them up fast....

Still running hot. Here's WWF No Mercy for all you wrestling fan's ..........

Another one hits the mat ..... Wrestlemania 2000

All have been upped to Snack-bar.

My "completed" directory is the final gallery, I delete them from the raw after they've been finalized. Initially everything was ran thru me, but then snackbar joined in and that's the primary now, I will try to update my final gallery to mirror that of snackbars so there's a backup.

I'm surprised your n64 came that quick, that's great to hear it only took a little more than week to get there. It sometimes takes almost a week to get my netflix movies and those are mailed in the same city I live! (chicago).

Nate

bread's done
Back