N64 game case project - live!

[quote name='nate1749']My "completed" directory is the final gallery, I delete them from the raw after they've been finalized. Initially everything was ran thru me, but then snackbar joined in and that's the primary now, I will try to update my final gallery to mirror that of snackbars so there's a backup.

I'm surprised your n64 came that quick, that's great to hear it only took a little more than week to get there. It sometimes takes almost a week to get my netflix movies and those are mailed in the same city I live! (chicago).

Nate[/quote]

Always the way isn't it. Taken longer to get a game sent local as well so all Postal Services are same everywhere.

Working hard to justify the generosity though

I'm down to three wrestling games to go and I then think we've pretty much got every wrestlefest on N64 scanned and delivered.:)
Then it's on to better things. Maybe Aerofighters ...although that needs a bit of work. Superman box is stuffed though with huge part of the front ripped off :cry:

Although it's a crap game I'll look at buying a mint copy but it won't be happening any time soon until my Visa bill's not so huge. Working on that though as now I have that N64 I can finally sell of the remaining PAL games so hopefully that'll make a dent in it.

Wrestling round 2 ....... ECW Hardcore Revolution

Ding ding ......... WWF Attitude ..... Sorry SMMM but it might be good to go with the Mint copy I got.... Upped because the list said we needed a better copy.

And lastly we have WCW NWO Revenge to complement my PAL scan. I know we already have it but I prefer the green spine and the colours are truer to the box on my scan so take your pick of which you prefer.

Still on the fighting theme ........ Fighting Force 64

Something completely different ...... Asteroids Hyper 64. Cant figure if front is sun faded or not. but better than nothing eh

And especially for 4tygames for his helping me out with cases etc ..... Aerofighters Assault. Quite a bit of work required as box wasn't as good as the auction indicated. Still .... better than zero .......

And the last one for the night is ..... Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six. And yes .. the colour on the front is pink compared to the back and no it isn't sun faded as all the other colours are vibrant.

I'm all scannered out so that's all from me tonight. See you all for round two tomorrow.

[quote name='Snowcone']I'm posting all the newest covers right now. We are well past 1000 now.[/QUOTE]
What about the Megaman 64 one? was it just not showing up? Or should I upload it again?

[quote name='Snowcone']I'm posting all the newest covers right now. We are well past 1000 now.[/quote]

Hi Snowcone. Good to see you around here.

Can you replace the existing WWF Attitude with the version I uploaded yesterday. I think the previous one was low res or something and a better copy was requested.

Additionally the Quake II has been resubmitted with a proper spine so the US version of that needs to be replaced with the one uploaded yesterday with the green spine.

We may as well make sure they're identical to the original boxes eh.

Cheers

This is a great project! I still have all my N64 cases in excellent condition. I currently have three NTSC box scans that I will submit to the raw scans collection (since I am no good with graphics programs): Space Station Silicon Valley, Banjo Tooie, and South Park (if I can get this sticker off the box cleanly x_x). I'll talk to all my N64-box possessing friends and see what other boxes they have.
I wish I had more to contribute, but oh well! See ya!

First up is a corrected version of Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil with the proper spine.

I always knew there was a possibility that US versions wouldn't be totally the same as the PAL versions but everyone wanted red spines so this is the result where I finally figure the correct one out when changing to US games. But I'm a stickler for correctness/authenticity.

Next up is "Hail to the King baby!!!" .... Duke Nukem Zero Hour to add to the PAL version I have already submitted.....

Followed by Carmageddon 64 ..... another that can be marked off as Complete .......

Yet another in the complete basket ..... Snowboard Kids

Last for today is ..... NFL Quarterback Club 98 .... mark it off as Complete as well.

After that run of scanning & converting I am now left after removing boxes we already have covers for, a total of four boxes remaining in this lot yet to be scanned. They are Madden 2002 , Tony Hawk 1 & 2 and Waialae Country Club. I'll get to those in the next day or so.

Hope everyone's got something they need out of this lot. Look forward to next 25 odd games coming in shortly hopefully.

[quote name='Nintendud']This is a great project! I still have all my N64 cases in excellent condition. I currently have three NTSC box scans that I will submit to the raw scans collection (since I am no good with graphics programs): Space Station Silicon Valley, Banjo Tooie, and South Park (if I can get this sticker off the box cleanly x_x). I'll talk to all my N64-box possessing friends and see what other boxes they have.
I wish I had more to contribute, but oh well! See ya![/QUOTE]

Awesome - thanks!

I still have coming WWF Warzone and WCW Nitro at which point I think we will have every wrestling game about covered.

Speaking of WWF Warzone though, looking at Snack-bar the black spined PAL _Eur version by Slash000 is incorrectly listed as the USA version. So Snowcone ... if you read this can you change the existing one to _EUR so I can load the red spined US version when it arrives?

Has anyone noticed that that particular cover is all over the place quality wise with blurry writing in some paragraphs and almost too clear in others. It has the feeling of a hand made cover especially on the rear. I think we may want to look out for another PAL cover to replace that one to be honest.

EDIT. Nighty night ... Oh ...something to think about ..... Madden 2002

Wow ... my imageshack dir tells me I have upped 126 covers to Snack-bar. Holy cow!!!

I'll get to scanning when I get home from school!
I managed to get the sticker off the South Park box, but a little section of the box has small remnants of it. I don't suppose that it would be very hard for someone to fix that in PhotoShop in something? Since it IS a South Park cover, the building that it is on is a solid color, as well as the other parts it is on.
Also, there is a small... how do I say this... crease? on the box where I was rubbing to get the sticker off. All of this goes through sections of the box with solid colors. I hope that it can be fixed :)
My other two boxes seem to be well. By the way, which spine should I scan? The green one, or the blue one? Or both? If I don't get a response by scanning time, I'll opt to do both.

[quote name='Nintendud']I'll get to scanning when I get home from school!
I managed to get the sticker off the South Park box, but a little section of the box has small remnants of it. I don't suppose that it would be very hard for someone to fix that in PhotoShop in something? Since it IS a South Park cover, the building that it is on is a solid color, as well as the other parts it is on.
Also, there is a small... how do I say this... crease? on the box where I was rubbing to get the sticker off. All of this goes through sections of the box with solid colors. I hope that it can be fixed :)
My other two boxes seem to be well. By the way, which spine should I scan? The green one, or the blue one? Or both? If I don't get a response by scanning time, I'll opt to do both.[/quote]

I have a South Park coming as well so it's not an issue if it cant be cleaned up as we'll have a backup.

I prefer the green spines myself but whatever takes your fancy.

Just scan the front, back and whatever spine at 300dpi and post them on UKBeats site ... the link you'll find on page 42 or thereabouts.
Try to scan them as straight as possible too and dont try cropping too close to the box. It's easier for me .... as I do most of the converting .... to clean it up anyway.

I look forward to seeing Banjo Twooie :)

Great to see a new face providing scans for the cause.

I bought a N64 off the strength of this thread alone...as a favor to all cags who want covers I am going to Zip up all the files that are uploaded and put them on my site so people can download.

thanks

[quote name='TheValeman']
Just scan the front, back and whatever spine at 300dpi and post them on UKBeats site ... the link you'll find on page 42 or thereabouts.[/QUOTE]

The OP on page 1 is also updated with all the correct links (at least as far as I know).

So I scanned all three boxes like I said I would, but.. the scans looked like utter crap. It looked like all the ink dots were enlarged and everything. However, I found that I could make it look better using this "descreen" option in my HP Scanning program and turning the sharpening down to nothing. I hope that the result is acceptable! I'll be uploading them now. Please email me at nintendud [at] gmail [dot] com if anything is wrong. I also want to note that there is some dust on my scanner and probably some fingerprints.
I didn't cut the boxes at all, really. I left plenty of space. The area around the box is progressively darker because I have a flatbed scanner, and I had to hold up the lid for the two sides (I scanned both sides, just in case one looked better than the other) and rest the lid on the top of the box for the top and bottom scans.
Anyway, I hope that these turn into decent covers! I made sure they scanned in 300dpi. :)
Check for them in the raw scans section!
(Also note that you can clearly see a crease in the South Park box on the front and one side, and also some remnants from that evil sticker on the top).
- Nintendud

Edit: ALL UPLOADED! I also have Sega Genesis, Atari 400, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Nintendo DS, 1 NES, and 1 DC box. Are there similar projects like this for any of these systems?

The dots are generally caused by crap on the glass. Mine does the same. I'm opening it up tonight. Usually I clone them out but unless they're really big they aren't noticed on a printed copy for the cases anyway. Gives it an authentic look anyway. I hate descreening though as it has the potential to lose finer detailing so I avoid it.
Better to just clean the glass with water and dry with a lint free cloth.

I await them with bated breath :)

EDIT> Got them. Good condition too. I'll take them home on my portable hdd tonight and convert them & upload to Snack-bar. Nicely done.

Good. I thought they came out rather nice too. I think some of the dust is inside the glass, but since the scanner isn't actually mine I don't have the right to clean it.
I await the final product :)

[quote name='Nintendud']
Edit: ALL UPLOADED! I also have Sega Genesis, Atari 400, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Color, GameCube, Nintendo DS, 1 NES, and 1 DC box. Are there similar projects like this for any of these systems?[/QUOTE]

There's a huge one for GBA and GCB - check out Snackbar. There's also a minor effort around Sega Genesis going on here I think. Again, just check Snackbar to see what's already done. The Genesis thread should be in this forum somewhere.

Thanks for the scans. The Southpark didn't look too bad at all, and, as you said, it won't be hard to Photoshop those creases since they're on solid backgrounds.

Thank goodness for the good ol cloning tool. Actually .. Photoshop's version is way better than Paintshop Pro's but it's a real pain to use every other way.

N64 List Updated

Once I saw that Aerofighters Assault cover, I printed it out and put it in one of my cases! Thanks for the Automobili Lamborghini one too. Looking forward to the Tony Hawk cover :D.

EDIT: I'm sorry Backlash, but could you change the URL for the N64 Game list. I moved it over to GooglePages because it is faster and I have unlimited bandwidth on it.

Hey, Guys!!

Sorry for my absence - real life stuff...

Anyway, I finally went through all my games and what needs boxes, what doesn't etc...

I've already uploaded raws from all the boxes I have that were needed.

I have the following that need covers:

Army Men - Sarge's Heroes 2
Blues Brothers 2000
Bottom of the 9th
A Bug's Life
Duke Nukem 64
FIFA '99
Madden 2000
Madden 2001
NBA Courtside - Featuring Kobe Bryant
NBA In the Zone '99
NBA Jam 2000
NHL Blades of Steel '99
NHL Breakaway '99
Triple Play 2000
Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey

Now, I don't want to sound like a leech, so I have the following offer...

If anyone needs any covers, I will check out my my favorite gaming store for requests of N64 covers. I will purchase requests and scan the covers for this project. I usually purchase games every time I'm there for this project, but I can take requests...

[quote name='Nintendud']Good. I thought they came out rather nice too. I think some of the dust is inside the glass, but since the scanner isn't actually mine I don't have the right to clean it.
I await the final product :)[/quote]

Hi Bud ....

Special request ..... can you rescan the red/pink sidebar on the back of Banjo Twooie again. The Small writing is illegible. Note that the TM sign by the Nintendo seal is just a blotch. I have a feeling the despeckle routine did what i thought and killed the finer detailing. Just a feeling but if you could rescan that part with no enhancement and up it it'll give a clue.

Cheers

Oh ...... and Schenley .....

I have Army Heroes 2 coming so that'll be one down for you.

EDIT. Oh well .... even allowing for the text on the back which I sorta nullified a bit by filling the sidebar with a single colour it doesn't look too bad at all so here it is .....

[quote name='TheValeman']

[/quote]Cool!!

I found some boxes for sale. Are any of these "in the works and/or coming soon?"

I've already checked the 4tygames list and these are all listed as needed...

Kobe Bryant
Madden 2000
Madden 2001
South Park
Vigilante 8 - 2nd offense
War Gods
Micro Machines
NFL Blitz 2000
PGA European Tour
Fifa 98
South Park Rally
Army Men Sarge's Heroes
Gex 3

[quote name='Schenley']Cool!!

I found some boxes for sale. Are any of these "in the works and/or coming soon?"

I've already checked the 4tygames list and these are all listed as needed...

Kobe Bryant
Madden 2000
Madden 2001
South Park
Vigilante 8 - 2nd offense
War Gods
Micro Machines
NFL Blitz 2000
PGA European Tour
Fifa 98
South Park Rally
Army Men Sarge's Heroes
Gex 3[/quote]

I have Gex 3 - Deep Cover Gecko coming and we have South Park on UKBeats which I am converting at present. Vigilante 8 2nd Offensive is really hard to find boxed in good condition so that'll be a great addition. See message #881 on pg 45 for a list of what I have coming.

EDIT. Heres South Park.......

EDIT> I have converted SPace Station Slicon Valley as well but I'm at work so cant upload it until I get home. I cant help feeling though that the descreening option has decreased their quality. It's especially evident when you're editing as zooming shows a way more blocky/messy image. Still .... I suppose for the size of the printout they'll probably look ok. I think it'd be better not to use those options on future scanning though.
Someone want to print out Banjo or South Park and tell me what they look like? I would but I've run out of cyan toner for my colour laser printer. Gee ... when it rains it pours ....

Yay South Park Rally! I still need that one. I made a ghetto cover from that one scan site, but I did a horrible job and the scans were at a really low resolution so I never even mentioned it.

[quote name='4tygames']N64 List Updated

EDIT: I'm sorry Backlash, but could you change the URL for the N64 Game list. I moved it over to GooglePages because it is faster and I have unlimited bandwidth on it.[/QUOTE]

Fixed - thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='TheValeman']Hi Bud ....

Special request ..... can you rescan the red/pink sidebar on the back of Banjo Twooie again. The Small writing is illegible. Note that the TM sign by the Nintendo seal is just a blotch. I have a feeling the despeckle routine did what i thought and killed the finer detailing. Just a feeling but if you could rescan that part with no enhancement and up it it'll give a clue.

Cheers

EDIT. Oh well .... even allowing for the text on the back which I sorta nullified a bit by filling the sidebar with a single colour it doesn't look too bad at all so here it is .....

[/quote]
I'll rescan it today. I'll edit this post once it's up. Also, if hosting is needed for scans or the scan list, I can supply it, since I have hosting with plenty of bandwidth and space.

Edit1: I found some $1 Ebay auctions for some games with boxes that we need.
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2: http://cgi.ebay.com/Tony-Hawks-Pro-Skater-2-Nintendo-N64-Game-BOX_W0QQitemZ8279720211QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter: http://cgi.ebay.com/Turok-Dinosaur-Hunter-N64-Game-BOX_W0QQitemZ8279721894QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
NFL Quarterback Club 2001: http://cgi.ebay.com/NFL-Quarterback-Club-2001-N64-Game-BOX_W0QQitemZ8279722041QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Pokemon Puzzle League: http://cgi.ebay.com/N64-POKEMON-PUZZLE-LEAGUE-Game-Box-LOW-SHIP_W0QQitemZ8280315489QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those should all be NTSC. Most are from the same seller, and it's cheap shipping. Anyway, I thought that might be helpful to post. I hope they don't go up too much in the next few days >_>

[quote name='Nintendud']I'll rescan it today. I'll edit this post once it's up. Also, if hosting is needed for scans or the scan list, I can supply it, since I have hosting with plenty of bandwidth and space.[/quote]

Everythings ok except the sidebar which has really really small text. You could scan that @ 600 dpi and post and I'll overwrite the sidebar on my copy to see if it makes a difference.
Don't fret too much. I'm just a tad picky :)
Just want to prove the theory ...that's all.

Not sure it'd be worth uploading a new version as in all fairness I don't think anyone would give a toss about that back writing on the sidebar anyway. But until someone prints one and let's me know I can't say one way or the other.

Cheers

Well, I did upload a new version. No descreening. It actually looks good too. Makes me wonder why they looked so crappy before. I hope this helps. I'll scan it again at 600DPI in a second and upload it.

Edit: 600DPI scan of bottom bar uploaded.

[quote name='Nintendud']Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2: http://cgi.ebay.com/Tony-Hawks-Pro-Skater-2-Nintendo-N64-Game-BOX_W0QQitemZ8279720211QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter: http://cgi.ebay.com/Turok-Dinosaur-Hunter-N64-Game-BOX_W0QQitemZ8279721894QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
NFL Quarterback Club 2001: http://cgi.ebay.com/NFL-Quarterback-Club-2001-N64-Game-BOX_W0QQitemZ8279722041QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Pokemon Puzzle League: http://cgi.ebay.com/N64-POKEMON-PUZZLE-LEAGUE-Game-Box-LOW-SHIP_W0QQitemZ8280315489QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those should all be NTSC. Most are from the same seller, and it's cheap shipping. Anyway, I thought that might be helpful to post. I hope they don't go up too much in the next few days >_>[/quote]

I already have both Tony Hawk 1 & 2. See message 881 on pg 45 as to what I have or am expecting delivery of soon. It'll be up soon.

You need to email the seller and quantify the quality of the box before even considering bidding. The aution states it comes with a box but in a lot of cases they use a stock photo rather than one of the item you are purchasing.... sometimes for a good reason....eg....it's crap. Got Superman like that .... front had huge part ripped off where they'd removed a sticker with "Maximum Power ......." ...er ... sorry for the Wave Race quote ... but you know what I mean.

[quote name='Nintendud']Well, I did upload a new version. No descreening. It actually looks good too. Makes me wonder why they looked so crappy before. I hope this helps. I'll scan it again at 600DPI in a second and upload it.

Edit: 600DPI scan of bottom bar uploaded.[/quote]

Got it. Yep .... 600dpi made a HUGE difference to the sidebar. Also no descreening made a difference on the standard 300dpi as well. I think the text is soo small on the sidebar etc the the filter actually thinks the text is crap and does exactly what it's designed ..... minimize it out... resulting in crap text. Note the Nintendo gold seal? the TM after it is a blotch as a result of descreening yet on others without filtering it's legible.

Seriously though .... we should leave the rescanned sidebar etc on UKBeats for a while and people can subtitute the better quality version over the first IF they want to. Then we dont have to muck around trying to get Snowcone to delete the existing one on Snack-bar etc.

Me? I'm gonna drop that 600dpi scan over the top as soon as I get home and resave it for the new and Improved Banjo Twooie. Dont care about file size :D

[quote name='Nintendud']If you want anything else rescanned, just tell me. I'm going to call some friends and see what boxes they have.[/quote]

If you want to .... just the sidebars for the other two boxes would be great as I can incorporate the better one into Space Silly Valley prior to uploading it to Snack-bar.

Seriously .... it's great to have you onboard. See message #881 pg 45 for what I have coming so you dont duplicate effort. BUT .......get a list of what your friends have because if any of mine turn up and they're crap like Superman was ... or they dont turn up at all ...... we will have a backup.

All good news. :D

Sweet!!

Hi Nate if you're around. What happened re those SNES boxes?

Did the seller give you a fixed price offer after it ended?

I cant believe no-one else bid on them. Just goes to show when things old they dont intrinsically increase in value. EG ... N64 is better selling than SNES where gameshops etc are concerned going by the bidding wars on EBAY for wholesale lots of boxes/ boxed games.

Look what arrived in the post today ..... Hydro Thunder PAL for black sidebar lovers out there. Another can be ticked off as complete ....

Guess what else arrived and can now be marked off as complete? ....... Wipeout 64

Brand new shrink wrapped in Mint condition makes for an easy scan I tell you.

Gex makes another appearance in Gex 3 - Deep Cover Gecko ......

Another game with no scanned cover until now ...... Bomberman Hero

Starting to see the reason why I'm broke :D

Last for tonight ..... Tony Hawk's Pro Skater ............

[quote name='TheValeman']Sweet!!

Hi Nate if you're around. What happened re those SNES boxes?

Did the seller give you a fixed price offer after it ended?

I cant believe no-one else bid on them. Just goes to show when things old they dont intrinsically increase in value. EG ... N64 is better selling than SNES where gameshops etc are concerned going by the bidding wars on EBAY for wholesale lots of boxes/ boxed games.

Look what arrived in the post today ..... Hydro Thunder PAL for black sidebar lovers out there. Another can be ticked off as complete ....

[/quote]

He never got back to me, I'll try to contact him again and ill fix the raw scan dir tomorrow, pm me if you can what u want deleted or ill just figure it out by going to snackbar, thanks.

Nate

Okay, bottom bars uploaded. Do you want 600DPI scans of the front red bars?
Also, none of my friends have any boxes! Argh! I can list my N64 games though.

Edit: Here are my games for N64:
South Park
Space Station Silicon Valley
Banjo Tooie
Perfect Dark
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Collector's Edition)
Mario Tennis
Donkey Kong 64 (with Expansion Pack INCLUDED! message on front, and says Collector's Edition Yellow Gamepak)
Super Mario 64 (Player's Choice box)
Pokemon Snap (Haha, just noticed text on that back that says THIS IS A GAME PAK, NOT A CAMERA. in a box)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Pretty silver/gold shiny box)
Pokemon Stadium (HUGE ASS box; it came with the expansion pack)
Mario Kart 64 (Player's Choice box)
Gex 64: Enter the Gecko
Banjo Kazooie

And those are the games I have. All have boxes. If any of those need to be rescanned, or there's a variation I have that's needed, tell me! All of my boxes are in excellent shape and perfect scanning condition. I'm going to check out the scans of this game now and see if my boxes differ in any way ;p

Edit 2: Okay, there is no scan of the Super Mario 64 Player's Choice box, and no scan of Pokemon Stadium (even though I believe the list says it's scanned...) Also, due to the shinyness of the box, the Pokemon Stadium 2 box scan came out a little dark. I could try scanning all those if you need them.

Got them. Excellent stuff.

I'll take them home and overlay on to Space Silly Valley and South Park tonight.

I think all the other titles you have are already scanned in good condition so don't work your butt off unless someone tells you a particular one is in need of replacing .... much like WWF Attitude in the N64list.

I scanned it again off my mint copy ... uploaded to Snack-bar and no sign of it. Oh well .... cant do any more than that. You knocked three off our needed list so great stuff anyway. Keep checking if mates have mates with N64's though ...

EDIT> I'll get Tony Hawk 2 up tonight for all you sk8tbd luvers out there.

Here's Space Station Silicon Valley with the higher res sidebar. Looks really nice too ........

Two lovely big boxes of goodies turned up on the doorstep again today. Stay tuned ............ :)

First up from that delivery .... one of my favegames .... San Francisco 2049 for anyone who needs it ..........................

Another wrestling game bites the dust ...... WCW Nitro ..... one to go!!!

Chopper Attack can now be marked off as Complete .....

And the last for the night is .......... Army Men - Sarge's Heroes 2. Man this box was pretty screwed but I got a reasonable cover out of it I think ....

A new day brings a new cover ...... Mike Piazza's Strike Zone ...

This one finishes off ALL the wrestling games released on N64 .... WWF War Zone

And the last one until my next box arrives is ...... Tom Hank's Pro Surfer 2 ....

wants to spend $3 + postage for a game box .....

http://stores.ebay.com/GameGurusPlanet

This guy has game boxes for sale for games like Monster Truck Madness, Battlezone and heaps of others. It may be a way for people here to contribute as $8 [incl postage] isn't a big outlay and if everyone here took just one it would probably make a big dent in the yet to be scanned list.

He doesn't ship internationally unfortunately or I would've got a Battlezone box as it's my fave PC game .... well .... and I'm broke at present from buying all that other stuff I contributed recently :cry:

If anyone does get something scan it and upload to UKBeats and I'll do the rest.

[quote name='4tygames']N64 List Updated[/quote]

How do I go about downloading some of these covers? When I hit the link, it takes me to the page with all the games listed....but I can't do anything.
Awesome job Btw. :applause:

[quote name='Azatera']How do I go about downloading some of these covers? When I hit the link, it takes me to the page with all the games listed....but I can't do anything.
Awesome job Btw. :applause:[/quote]

That page lists every N64 game released and whether we have / dont have covers for it.
To get the covers go to Snack-bar games where you can get covers for a whole heap of other systems too.

And if you like what you get then consider contributing to the cause by buying a box / boxed game for one of those we dont yet have a cover for and scan it. Or you may already have boxed games in which case check if any aren't yet scanned and if you do have one scan that and submit it.

Cheers

[quote name='TheValeman']He doesn't ship internationally unfortunately or I would've got a Battlezone box as it's my fave PC game .... well .... and I'm broke at present from buying all that other stuff I contributed recently :cry:
[/quote]Dude, I appreciate all you do for this cause. So, in addition to the 11 boxes that I mentioned above that I bought, I picked up the Battlezone box from the guy you mentioned.

I got your back!

[quote name='Schenley']Dude, I appreciate all you do for this cause. So, in addition to the 11 boxes that I mentioned above that I bought, I picked up the Battlezone box from the guy you mentioned.

I got your back![/quote]

Wow!!

You got 11 games coming? Fantastic. Which ones are from that list you gave?

I have no idea what Battlezone looks like on N64 but I still have BZ2 on my PC to this day for the odd game when I'm BF2'd out. Never saw it in PAL so when I got Nate's N64 I thought ... yippee ... let's grab one. But man ... is it difficult to find. Manual? .... no chance by the look of it. Boxed? ... about the same.

Then I find that guy but he won't ship internationally.

UPDATE: One guy has just put a copy with manual up for sale so I'm watching that like a hawk. If we get that box of your's converted I reckon it'll be the toughest game to get off the unscanned list.

And ...yep....still broke ...but I'd sell my soul ...er ...maybe wife ....for Battlezone ;)

Just so everyone knows ..... I'm still expecting a box with the following games:

multi racing championship .... will be able to mark off this game as complete as I have provided PAL cover
nba live 99 .... already have
wheel of fortune .... New cover not yet scanned
quake 2 .... already have
nfl quarterback club 99 .... will be able to mark off this game as complete as I have provided PAL cover
forsaken 64 .... already have
south park .... already have thanks to Nintendud but he wasn't around when I won the package
1080 snowboarding .... already done
blast corps .... will be able to mark off this game as complete as I have provided PAL cover
starfox 64 .... already done

So that's another 4 covers that are needed. That's essentially my last until I get rid of those PAL games I have. Other than getting that Battlezone Cart/manual :)

arrrggg...the boxes I ordered still haven't come. Oh well, doesn't matter. You already got the ones I ordered now lol

[quote name='TheValeman']That page lists every N64 game released and whether we have / dont have covers for it.
To get the covers go to Snack-bar games where you can get covers for a whole heap of other systems too.

And if you like what you get then consider contributing to the cause by buying a box / boxed game for one of those we dont yet have a cover for and scan it. Or you may already have boxed games in which case check if any aren't yet scanned and if you do have one scan that and submit it.

Cheers[/quote]

Awesome, thanks man.

It sucks though, until recently I had about 20 boxed N64 games, but I tossed the boxes to fit the carts inside a cardboard box to free up space...now I regret it, hehe.
You guy's probably have all the ones I had though. It was basically all the most popular N64 games.

BTW.....I always wished Nintendo would have put N64 games in nice hardshell cases, but I guess everybody did. Those crappy flimsy boxes needed too much care to keep up.

[quote name='Azatera']BTW.....I always wished Nintendo would have put N64 games in nice hardshell cases, but I guess everybody did. Those crappy flimsy boxes needed too much care to keep up.[/quote]
Yeah, I wish they did too, but the boxes weren't really flimsy. As long as you had room to store them, you're all set. My boxes have stayed in mint condition because I just stuff them in places where they fit. Currently I house all my games in their original boxes now :)
I guess that's just me though. I basically keep all my boxes. I still have the box to my Sega Genesis, a controller for it, N64, controller boxes for it, Atari 400 system box, Atari 400 game boxes, an N64 steering wheel box, a GBC box, a GBA box, a GCN box, all of the paper that was part of all GCN peripherals (the paper inside the plastic), DS box, E-Reader paper stuff, manuals for all the games for all those systems, and also the boxes for all the other stuff I have bought (hard drives, PC game controllers, etc). That's why I was excited that I could use my boxes to help others.
I would scan my other boxes of games for other systems, but I don't know where to contribute them to so people can convert them.
I guess this hoarding is the reason my room is filled with paper and other junk ;p

[quote name='Nintendud']Yeah, I wish they did too, but the boxes weren't really flimsy. As long as you had room to store them, you're all set. My boxes have stayed in mint condition because I just stuff them in places where they fit. Currently I house all my games in their original boxes now :)
I guess that's just me though. I basically keep all my boxes. I still have the box to my Sega Genesis, a controller for it, N64, controller boxes for it, Atari 400 system box, Atari 400 game boxes, an N64 steering wheel box, a GBC box, a GBA box, a GCN box, all of the paper that was part of all GCN peripherals (the paper inside the plastic), DS box, E-Reader paper stuff, manuals for all the games for all those systems, and also the boxes for all the other stuff I have bought (hard drives, PC game controllers, etc). That's why I was excited that I could use my boxes to help others.
I would scan my other boxes of games for other systems, but I don't know where to contribute them to so people can convert them.
I guess this hoarding is the reason my room is filled with paper and other junk ;p[/quote]

Thats alot of boxes man! I'd have to move into a bigger place if I had all that.

I kept all my boxes for NES, SNES, and N64 for years, from like age 11 up through college. And then when I moved to Texas 5 years ago I thought "Why the hell did I keep all these? I don't need them" and threw them all away :(

bread's done
Back