N64 game case project - live!

[quote name='Schenley']I won an auction with Earthworm Jim 3d and Rampage World Tour. According to 4tygames list, there are PAL covers, but not NTSC. Should I scan them when I get them?[/quote]

Did you win that off ebay seller "mismicma"? Man I was looking at that one until the price went thru the roof ...... sigh..
EDIT ... Yep ... you did win the one I was looking at ....

And I lost out on other games too.

But yeah ....definitely scan them up. Oh ... I've now finished cleaning up one side of each of your games and am now working on the other side/spine.

I just purchased 3 more games that need to be marked as pending....

Command & Conquer ..... will complete the list for this game [ I provided a PAL version some time ago ]
All-Star Baseball 99 ..... will complete the list for this game [ I provided a PAL version some time ago ]
Triple Play 2000 ..... Someone asked for this .... Schenley?

Triple Play 2000 has a big sticker on the front which hopefully will come off but hey .... it only cost $1 so if it doesn't work out no big deal.

[quote name='TheValeman']Did you win that off ebay seller "mismicma"? Man I was looking at that one until the price went thru the roof ...... sigh..
EDIT ... Yep ... you did win the one I was looking at ....
[/quote]

Yea, I know - It went for more than I expected, but I bid pretty high cause I like the game (EJ). At least Rampage only went for $5.24 - so averaged together - it's not so bad.

Triple Play 2000 ..... Someone asked for this .... Schenley?

Yup, that's on my list.

Speaking of stickers - I still forgot to peel off the sticker from the Battlezone box. I'll go do it now.

[quote name='Schenley']OK, finally did the sticker removal. Guess what was under there? The good ol' Seal of Approval. I guess someone didn't approve. :D

You can see the amount of fading underneath, though...

http://www.brokenclavicle.com/covers/raw[/quote]

Wow! Now if I can get the red sidebar looking like that on my adjusted one it'll look pretty good.

Damn .... that'll set me back on those other covers. 4tygames may be waiting a few days for that controller pak cover :)

Now that you have that Earthworm Jim box I'll be able to look at picking up a cart or cart/manual at a lesser cost for my collection.

glad to see everything is still chugging away... hopefully this upcoming week I'll have time to update my final gallery to mirror that of snackbar.

I just bought a psp, so when I get some more money to waste on video games I'll try to buy n64 boxes next.

Nate

If anyone wants a box for Sesame Street - Elmo's Number Journey drop me a PM, otherwise I'll probably toss it. Maybe someone can take it and scan it for the case project (unfortunately, I have no scanner)

It was inside a boxed N64 I got recently - no game or manual, just the box for some reason.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']If anyone wants a box for Sesame Street - Elmo's Number Journey drop me a PM, otherwise I'll probably toss it. Maybe someone can take it and scan it for the case project (unfortunately, I have no scanner)

It was inside a boxed N64 I got recently - no game or manual, just the box for some reason.[/quote]

Geez .... we could certainly do with the box being scanned for the cause. Not a common game and difficult to find boxed so if you have it don't toss it until we can get it scanned or sent to someone on the forum with a scanner.

On a side note ..... I just bought Deadly Arts boxed so add that to the pending list.....

And these have been uploaded to Snack-bar today .....

Robotron 64 PAL .... that marks that one off as Complete

PGA European Tour .... The first of Schenley's recent contributions

Army Men - Sarge's Heroes .... another one of Schenley's and that gives us the last of the Army Men covers .... yippee

War Gods .... yet another Schenley contribution and an intersting looking game!!

NFL Blitz 2000 from good Ol Schenley ....

More coming soon!!

N64 List Updated

Everything is current and up-to-date including the PENDING List!

Captain_Insano16: I would be happy to scan the box. Shipping should not be that much, maybe a dollar or two. Let me know if this will work out for you.

EDIT: Ah, TheValeman, you snuck that NFL Blitz cover right after I updated the list, no worries, I updated it again :).

I need some MediaShelving cases.

Is anyone selling some of these cases? I need around 25.

Or I'd be willing to split the cost of some if anyone else needs some. We could order some and get 50/50 each or something.

I don't really want to have to buy 100, that seems a bit overkill. I also don't have a credit card either, only PayPal, which they don't accept.

Someone help meh -_-

This is about as far as want to take this cover as ...

1. It appears to be a crap game
2. The time spent on trying to balance colours for fading of the box is time consuming and...
3. No one probably has the game here so this will suffice until someone finds this forum and has a mint box to contribute.

Any comments before I upload this to Snack-bar?

Of course .... if someone wants to buy a brand new version of this game from the link 2 posts earlier at a reasonably exorbitent price feel free to do so..... and when you decide it is crap I'll happily give you $5.00 for it :lol:

[quote name='4tygames']wow, good job with that battlezone box! I say upload it!

N64 List Updated[/quote]

Done. Now I just have 6 of Schenley's covers to go and someone wants a controller pak cover too :D

EDIT. Just for the fun of doing something not game oriented ......

[quote name='4tygames']N64 List Updated

Everything is current and up-to-date including the PENDING List!

Captain_Insano16: I would be happy to scan the box. Shipping should not be that much, maybe a dollar or two. Let me know if this will work out for you.

EDIT: Ah, TheValeman, you snuck that NFL Blitz cover right after I updated the list, no worries, I updated it again :).[/quote]

You are more than welcome to the box. I'll cover shipping if it will help the cause. I'm hoping one day to get some of the media cases and make cases for my n64 games.

Any suggestion on the best way to send the empty box so it doesn't get mangled?!? I was thinking about putting it between two pieces of cardboard, sticking it in a mailer and putting "do not bend" all over it? Would that work?

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']You are more than welcome to the box. I'll cover shipping if it will help the cause. I'm hoping one day to get some of the media cases and make cases for my n64 games.

Any suggestion on the best way to send the empty box so it doesn't get mangled?!? I was thinking about putting it between two pieces of cardboard, sticking it in a mailer and putting "do not bend" all over it? Would that work?[/quote]

Awesome! That sounds great! I'll PM you my address.

On the packaging, you can open the sides of the box and flatten it, which may be a little easier than keeping the box shape.

Thanks again!

[quote name='4tygames']All right!

I got Captain_Insano16's box today in the mail and made scans of it.

[/quote]

I'll get them when I get home later today.

I created the controller pak cover for you... just waiting on Snowcone getting back from holiday. If you want it quicker I can upload the full version to my Box.net dir. See you can share boxnet directories with anyone now? They dont need to be boxnet users. Good eh..

So I'll update the cart label scans soon as I now have some 45 US games to archive labels for.

Still working on Schenley's scans. Slow going as the sports ones have artwork with lines which take a bit of work when cleaning up. If I dont worry about slight blemishes it would certainly make it easier and faster.

And I've been playing Day of Defeat Source a heap online lately with a couple of guys from work. Cool fun with VOIP so its consumed a bit of my time.

Judgement day today or tomorrow. That's when the Visa bill arrives ;)

[quote name='TheValeman']I'll get them when I get home later today.

I created the controller pak cover for you... just waiting on Snowcone getting back from holiday. If you want it quicker I can upload the full version to my Box.net dir. See you can share boxnet directories with anyone now? They dont need to be boxnet users. Good eh..

So I'll update the cart label scans soon as I now have some 45 US games to archive labels for.

[/quote]

Could you give your Box.net address out again? I lost it and forgot what page it was on. I was planning on making a couple of cases from the covers this weekend so that would be awesome if you could upload that controller pak cover to your Box.net.

Thanks!

[quote name='4tygames']Could you give your Box.net address out again? I lost it and forgot what page it was on. I was planning on making a couple of cases from the covers this weekend so that would be awesome if you could upload that controller pak cover to your Box.net.

Thanks![/quote]

Boxnet directory for misc files is ... http://www.box.net/public/ve8tqrmqyk
Boxnet directory for N64 labels is ... http://www.box.net/public/jd7u3z2nlf

Controller Pak pic uploaded for you.

EDIT. Here's Schenley's SPIDERMAN all cleaned up and really to go....

Oh ... and Schenley ..... I got Triple Play 2000 today. Managed to remove all the stickers without damaging the box too so you'll be sweet in a day or two. Hang in there buddy :D

2nd Oh ..... the wifey hit the roof when the Visa bill arrived. T'was expected I suppose but I definitely aint buying anything more until it's paid off ... on pain of ..... quote from Shrek 2 " Let's neuter him right here. Do the Bob Barker treatment on him"

And something else turned up today ....... Blues Brothers 2000

Here's one for Schenley ..... Triple Play 2000

I have updated the Boxnet label directory above so labels are stored in seperate alphabetic directories. This is because I have some 50 carts to scan and it would get unwieldly very quickly. Expect labels to be added very soon.

Here's the Players Choice Edition of Zelda - Ocarina of Time. Quite Like the whole Gold look actually.......

And last for tonite.... the US version of Command & Conquer ..... that's another one marked off as Complete

Here's another one off the unscanned list .....

Deadly Arts...

Sadly the label is damaged due to it being ex-rental so if anyone has the game and can make use of the cover can they scan me their label @ 300dpi if it's intact?

Cheers

[quote name='nate1749']valeman what is the currency exchange rate for USD to whatever they use in your country?

Nate[/quote]

Hehe .... really bad.

At present my $1.00 gets approximately 60c US. I've been allowing for that buying games but the postage is the killer as it's a minimum $10.00 US per game which adds up to $14-$15 NZ extra depending on currency fluctuations ....effectively doubling the price of a game purchase. So I've been buying multiple games from a single source to try and get a price break on the postage. Isn't much but it helps ....

Heres my latest news ...

I'm still waiting on a shipment of 10 games with console ... the dude shipped it surface so it 5 - 6 weeks getting here ... geez. I have received and still have the following to convert

Rugrats Scavenger Hunt - Mint condition ... already scanned ... DONE!!!!
All-star Baseball 99 - Needs a bit of work ... already scanned ... DONE!!!!

MRC Multi Racing Championship ... waiting on arrival
Wheel of Fortune ... ditto
NFL Quarterback Club 99 ... ditto
Blast Corps ... ditto

Of the other six 3 of them have now been scanned and converted from submissions made after I purchased them .... thanks to the surface mail delays ... sigh. So I know how SMMM feels...... I thought I was getting 7 games towards the project. Oh well .... since I started it's gone from 22% to 60% scanned so I dont feel too bad :)

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll try get those 2 games up sometime this weekend along with Schenley's and SMMM's Shadowgate so I can get them out of my hair.

Number 1 ..... Here's Rugrats Scavenger Hunt to go with my PAL version under the name Treasure Hunt. Mark that one as Complete 4tygames ...

Hi. I havent been here in a long while but I figured I may give you this nice hi-res Nintendo images for your boxes:

Nintendo Logo:

Nintendo N64 logo:

Nintendo Seal of Quality logo:

[quote name='SMMM']The N64 logo looks really off...[/quote]

Indeed .... What was it scanned off?

Anyway... not the reason I posted. This is .......

All-Star Baseball 99 to complement my PAL version.

Another game that can now be marked off as Complete. Gotta keep 4tygames occupied eh :)

EDIT. Here's Schenley's FIFA 98 - Road to World Cup. Fair amount of work required on these sport game covers........

Another of Schenley's ....... NBA Courtside [Kobe Bryant in] .... Not a good cover. Lots of scratches,wear and tear etc ....

Here's Insano16's Elmo's Number Journey. Scan was lopsided somewhat so trimmed to get correct look and fair bit of editing around rear sidebar.

Forgot Completely about this one but here's the better quality PAL version of San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing. Note the much better colour on the rear compared to my first version.

I am bidding on a US version of this game at present as I noticed we only have my PAL version to date. Hoping it wont set me back too much!! Absolutely the ONLY reason I'm bidding on this is because someone local is selling it. EBAY is 100% off-limits at present.

Here's SMMM's Shadowgate 64 ....

Major Score!

Allright, boys... I hit my favorite store again yesterday.

Here's what I'll be scanning over the next week or so...

Ms. Pac-Man (a little beat up)
Bust a Move 2 ( a little faded)
Deadly Arts
Iggy's Reckin Balls
Disney's Tarzan
Wetrix
Starshot (!!!)

NFL Blitz Special Edition
Virtual Chess 64
Lego Racers
Virtual Pool
Transmetals - Beast Wars
Re-Volt
Tonic Trouble
Xena Warrior Princess
Hercules

The top list I got boxes only, the bottom list I bought complete games. Let me know if someone's looking for any of these, and I'll prioritize them. Also, let me know if any of these are in the works, and I won't bother scanning. I checked the list and all of these were needed.

-=Schenley

@ Schenley

If you could scan Wetrix, that would be awesome! Great find!

@ Everyone Else

I'll update the list later on today, maybe tonight, and add all of Schenley's games to the pending list.

[quote name='Schenley']

Allright, boys... I hit my favorite store again yesterday.

Here's what I'll be scanning over the next week or so...

Deadly Arts

-=Schenley[/quote]

Hi Schen .... great stuff.

Note that I scanned and provided this one a few messages back and it's just waiting on Snowcone to become available on Snack-bar.

[quote name='4tygames']@ Schenley

If you could scan Wetrix, that would be awesome! Great find!
[/quote]Wetrix and NFL Blitz SE uploaded on my site

More to come. It takes some time to get the stickers off right...

[quote name='Schenley']Wetrix and NFL Blitz SE uploaded on my site

More to come. It takes some time to get the stickers off right...[/quote]

Swap jobs then.
I'll remove the stickers and you can do the converting :D

I had the opportunity to get Daikatana boxed in reasonably good condition the other day but had to pass it up. The guy wants $40 for it .... thats about $25 US for reference which is too high for me at the present time. Still on track with SF Rush Extreme Racing though ....

[quote name='TheValeman']Swap jobs then.
I'll remove the stickers and you can do the converting :D
[/quote] :cool: No thanks!

I had the opportunity to get Daikatana boxed in reasonably good condition the other day but had to pass it up. The guy wants $40 for it .... thats about $25 US for reference which is too high for me at the present time. Still on track with SF Rush Extreme Racing though ....
Yea, I had Daikatana in my hands on Saturday, but the box was kinda beat up and it had two huge Blockbuster stickers on it that looked like they were 15 years old. Those were the stickers with the metal strip running through em. I decided to pass on it.

Here's Schenley's Wetrix as 4tygames is salivating after it :) .....

Upped it to Snack-bar and my boxnet temp dir as Snowcone is slow at updating at present.

EDIT. I've almost finished NFL Blitz SE too. Just working on the speckles on the front [ I guess sticker residue and so forth ] and once it's done I'll upload it to Snack-bar and my box.net dir for those of you who can't wait for Snowcone.

excellent, i've been waiting for wetrix... too bad I suck at the game so much, still addicting.... Only for N64 & DC, not sure which console I let it better for, I think DC because of the controller.

Nate

[quote name='Schenley']Two more uploaded on my site.

Bust a Move 2 will need some work - it's sun faded. But, it's one that's on my list. :bouncy:[/quote]

Got them both.

Boy .... that Bustamove needs a fair bit or work.

Can you also confirm that you think the front of Starshot is faded? I think it is .... although my laptop screen is shitty for this stuff... but I think the colour is muted compared to screenshots I've seen. Let me now one way or the other as I have it converted already and just waiting on whether I need to play around with the color balance on the front.

[quote name='TheValeman']Got them both.

Boy .... that Bustamove needs a fair bit or work.[/quote]Yea, I know.... Sorry!

Can you also confirm that you think the front of Starshot is faded? I think it is .... although my laptop screen is shitty for this stuff... but I think the colour is muted compared to screenshots I've seen. Let me now one way or the other as I have it converted already and just waiting on whether I need to play around with the color balance on the front.
It's weird.... Only the very right (the Nintendo red stripe) looks faded to me... The rest doesn't look tooo bad, but then again, I don't know what it's supposed to look like.

[quote name='Schenley']http://www.brokenclavicle.com/covers/raw

Another one uploaded.

Also, I got Wheel of Fortune - 4ty can you add it as pending?[/quote]

It should already be marked as Pending as I am waiting on it arriving in my surface shipment. Five weeks and climbing....sheesh!!!

The colour just looks washed compared to the rear of that Starshot box....Interesting. Ill research it up a little .... keep you posted...

Alrighty .... I looked at the stock photo on EBAY for this title and it's much more yellow and vibrant. So ... I've played around with the colour balance and come up with .....

Tell me what you think as it's more in lne with the rear ..and the red looks much nicer to boot. In fact I like it so much I'm using it for my cover .... not that I have this game cause I don't :) Just ned to yellow up the N64 logo background.

Here it is.....

I'll upload it to my boxnet dir. If you like it let me know and I'll Snack-bar it

Thanks for the Wetrix cover, looks great!

No worries :)

And yes, TheValeman is right, the game was already on PENDING status.

No worries there either. If yours is in good condition Schen just upload it and I'll convert it. May never even see my package so may as well take advantage of your purchase eh!!

The Starshot cover looks good enough to add to the list and upload to snackbar!

Done!! If you need it fast get it from my Boxnet dir as no knowing when Snowcone will update Snack-bar.

Here's Schenley's Bust-A-Move 2 Arcade Edition. Man...what a messy one this was. Not 100% but good enough.....

Bad news is that Wetrix and any newer covers aren't up there in this update. So I'm keeping them on my boxnet site until they do for those of you who needed them yesterday.:)

Even worse news in my mind though is that he didn't replace the existing color faded San Francisco Rush - Extreme Racing with my better one. This also happened with WWF Attitude which I upped a mint condition version to replace the low quality one submitted by Slash000.

So in my mind there's no point anyone buying Space Invaders for instance unless you make it available on an alternate site as Snowcone obviously doesn't read the description or compare old with new.... he appears to just dump newer files if he thinks we already have it.

I PM'd him about the WWF Attitude game when I submitted it and got no answer back.

Nate ..... what about your site? Can I upload converted files directly to yours?

A couple of months ago I replaced the Indiana Jones: Infernal Machine cover with one that did not have a big blockbuster sticker on the back and that one was uploaded.

It seems like only 20 covers were uploaded and I know there were a lot more finished for this and other systems because I know SMMM was trying to get Snowcone to put up a Sega Saturn section for the 15+ covers he created.

Oh yeah, the 1080 cover still isn't on Snackbar yet, but Nate's website has it.

[quote name='4tygames']A couple of months ago I replaced the Indiana Jones: Infernal Machine cover with one that did not have a big blockbuster sticker on the back and that one was uploaded.

It seems like only 20 covers were uploaded and I know there were a lot more finished for this and other systems because I know SMMM was trying to get Snowcone to put up a Sega Saturn section for the 15+ covers he created.

Oh yeah, the 1080 cover still isn't on Snackbar yet, but Nate's website has it.[/quote]

1080 Snowboarding is on Snack-bar but they dont have an index for games starting with numbers. So you need to search for it. Then click on N64 to see it.

Cheers

bread's done
Back