N64, PS1 + All Earlier Console Games - 50-60% off @ EB/Gamestop (YMMV?)

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
Every EB/GS I have visited in the last few days has confirmed that all N64, PS1 and earlier console games(NES,SNES, DC, etc) are now 50% off, 60% off w/ Edge card. This apparently started at the beginning of the current week. There don't appear to be signs in every location, so this may be YMMV, though I've been told it is a chain-wide deal.

FWIW, the Mount Laurel, NJ Gamestop is advertising this as buy one get one free. They have, among other PS1 games, three copies each of Persona 2 and Resident Evil 2 in their original cases. No idea what condition the discs were in.

[quote name='deadtrees']FWIW, the Mount Laurel, NJ Gamestop is advertising this as buy one get one free. They have, among other PS1 games, three copies each of Persona 2 and Resident Evil 2 in their original cases. No idea what condition the discs were in.[/quote]

I think all locations are doing B1G1 now.

Why is the tracking down on their website now :whistle2:(
I know a few of the GS/EBs around here have some 64 and PSX games. Guess I'll have to call around tommorow and ask if they are doing this. I'm kinda sad one person posted that the Cleveland stores were doing this months ago as that's pretty close to where I am. Hope it's still going if that's the case.

[quote name='cranguy']This was definitely not valid at my store, HOWEVER I was quite surprised to see that my store had a NEW load of PS1 games in.... including Silent Hill for $7.99 :D Also several copies of Final Fantasy VIII at $14.99 (not worth it since you can buy a new GH copy for that price).

The cashier told me that they had got them in from another store.

B2G1 + 10% off Edge card = sweetness[/quote]

which store?

[quote name='deadtrees']FWIW, the Mount Laurel, NJ Gamestop is advertising this as buy one get one free. They have, among other PS1 games, three copies each of Persona 2 and Resident Evil 2 in their original cases. No idea what condition the discs were in.[/quote]

i'd love to go there and get some if it werent 95 miles away :cry:

I was at a store in Florida a week ago and can confirm there definitely is a buy 1 get 1. I live in NY and am on vacation and haven't seen this many N64 games in one place in years, it was awesome. I bought Star Fox 64 for 4.99 and got Wayne Gretzky 98(1.99) for free. The only other games that were worth it were Mario games that were all at least $15 each, Paper Mario was $30. Didn't even have time to look at the accesorries, I need controllers.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I was at a store in Florida a week ago and can confirm there definitely is a buy 1 get 1. I live in NY and am on vacation and haven't seen this many N64 games in one place in years, it was awesome. I bought Star Fox 64 for 4.99 and got Wayne Gretzky 98(1.99) for free. The only other games that were worth it were Mario games that were all at least $15 each, Paper Mario was $30. Didn't even have time to look at the accesorries, I need controllers.[/quote]
Where in Florida was this?

Seems like all the other stores I went to have pretty much cleaned out games prior to the PS2 (aside from GB/GBC games), except one which had PSOne games. Although they were all mostly crap titles and a good majority of them didn't come with covers, not even the jewel case front cover.

[quote name='Tsukento']Where in Florida was this?

Seems like all the other stores I went to have pretty much cleaned out games prior to the PS2 (aside from GB/GBC games), except one which had PSOne games. Although they were all mostly crap titles and a good majority of them didn't come with covers, not even the jewel case front cover.[/quote]
Right near the Ft.Lauderdale airport.

[quote name='nyprimus4']Right near the Ft.Lauderdale airport.[/quote]
You don't say? Well it looks like I'll be taking a look for that GameStop. :) Thanks.

bread's done
Back