Nanobreaker for $1.99 @ Best Buy

ckonze

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I stopped by my local Best Buy this afternoon and noticed a shelf full of unmarked Playstation 2 and Xbox games. I pulled Nanobreaker out and asked the cashier for a price check. It came up at $1.99. I then presumed that everything on that shelf was $1.99 and so I started stacking up the games in my arms. Turned out, everything else was regularly priced. So, I grabbed the only 2 copies of Nanobreaker on the shelf and bought them (one for myself and another for a friend). I'm guessing this deal is nationwide assuming your local Best Buy still has any copies of Nanobreaker after all this time since its release.

That is actually left over from a few months ago. There were several games on the sale including DBZ sagas, nano breaker, constantine, etc. Basically crap.

I'm suprised you even found 1. These were clearance a while back with other GBA , PS2, and XBX titles. I still have one copy.. I might open it up and try it before trading it in at GS/EB.

now I see why iot's a good idea to buy these bad boys at this price. before I wasn't seeing the value if it was a sucky game, now I see how I missed out when the deals like fye has rolls around

[quote name='spamfree2']I'm suprised you even found 1. These were clearance a while back with other GBA , PS2, and XBX titles. I still have one copy.. I might open it up and try it before trading it in at GS/EB.[/quote]

Were they all only $1.99. If so, do you know what specific games were on that list? If my Best Buy still has Nanobreaker, like it did, it may still have all those other games as well. In which case, I can stock up and trade them in over at FYE or something.

I picked it up for $1.99 back in the Spring and I STILL haven't opened it yet. That's almost as bad as the Starfox Assault and DK Jungle Beat games I bought last October at the KB clearance and haven't opened those games either. I'm surprised any Best Buy still has any of the $1.99 games left.

[quote name='ckonze']Were they all only $1.99. If so, do you know what specific games were on that list? If my Best Buy still has Nanobreaker, like it did, it may still have all those other games as well. In which case, I can stock up and trade them in over at FYE or something.[/quote]

Ask and you shall recieve... Actually I still have quite a few of the 1.99 games from this sale ( sealed ) but they are going to be traded in soon.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89043

This game is amazingly awful. Emphasis on the amazing.

It gets points for the fact that it keeps track of the amount of enemy blood spilled...in gallons.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I picked it up for $1.99 back in the Spring and I STILL haven't opened it yet. That's almost as bad as the Starfox Assault and DK Jungle Beat games I bought last October at the KB clearance and haven't opened those games either. I'm surprised any Best Buy still has any of the $1.99 games left.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Starfox Assault yet, but DK Jungle Beat is an excellent game. Crack it open already!

After reading some of the comments on Nanobreaker I'm kinda upset now that I traded it in sealed earlier this week. oh well, I'm sure it'll be $1.99 at EB one day.

I second the amazing badness of NanoBreaker.

IGN gave it a 4.5. Considering their usual 7-10 scale, this should tell you something.

I wouldent buy this trash for $2 to play. Unless its for trade in fodder I'd run away as far as possible from it.

Totally sucks. I picked up 1 copy of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines and 2 copies of Nanobreaker for the Playstation 2; and I picked up 3 copies of Outlaw Tennis and 4 copies of Constantine for the Xbox. All for $1.99 a piece. I took them all over to Gamestop and they told me I could only trade in one copy of each. So I tried to trade in Terminator 3, Constantine, and Outlaw Tennis. They offered me $4.50 for all 3, which is $1.50 per game (less than I paid for them). On top of that, they refused to give me the extra $10 after trading in 3, because, they said, they would be losing money, which is total bull because they'll go ahead and sell a used Terminator 3 for $7.99, Outlaw Tennis for $7.99, and Constantine for $7.99 for a total of $23.97. If I had taken the $4.50 trade in value and was also given the $10 extra, that would have been $14.50 in trade they would have given me. That equates to a total profit of $9.47. How does that average to them losing money?

Just an fyi for anyone looking to use this to flip towards EB credit for a WII... Nanobreaker trades in for 2.50 credit. So you'll make whopping 50¢ profit.

[quote name='guinaevere']Just an fyi for anyone looking to use this to flip towards EB credit for a WII... Nanobreaker trades in for 2.50 credit. So you'll make whopping 50¢ profit.[/quote]

Yes, but you'll be losing gas money and wasting time. And theres tax too.

bread's done
Back