Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

I'm not sure I can get these MP trophies though. Online MP was never my thing. Plus, having to play 84 games is quite demanding.

BTW, if you finish the one of the faction missions (Hunter or Firefly), and start another one, do your stats/unlocks reset to zero?
Stats and unlocks dont reset.

when youre in a head to head revolver battle and your gun shoots faster, youll probably win it. i dont ever buy ammo as i dont ever run out. since you get ammo from the people you kill. also with things like the bow and hunting rifle, reload speed could be the difference between getting a kill or not.

armor cost goes up every time you buy, so eventually you wont be able to afford it.
Good points, maybe I should start upgrading my gun more.

Good to hear stats stay. It would suck if they reset.

I now understand what you guys meant by the game being much more fun with people who know what they're doing and stick together, rather than idiots who just run out on their own. It's especially appearant when the other team is working together.

Also, I wonder if this factions thing might hurt match making. I noticed that a vast majority of the time, the oppositing team was much higher levels overall.

Honestly I play with 90% randoms every now and again a friend will be on and invite me. but yea. I think I will take a break from MP for a bit so I don't get burnt out I ran abour 10 weeks in about 3 days. Very much looking forward to the DLC though anyone else getting it?

Just got to the very last section of this game, and, this is one of a very few games that makes me want even more. I actually just turned it off because I'm not ready for it to end just yet. Naughty Dogs could release a DLC of just Joel and Ellie walking around bantering for 5 hours and I would love it. :bouncy:

Can't wait to see what they can do with the PS4 and TLoU2.

Honestly I play with 90% randoms every now and again a friend will be on and invite me. but yea. I think I will take a break from MP for a bit so I don't get burnt out I ran abour 10 weeks in about 3 days. Very much looking forward to the DLC though anyone else getting it?
Absolutely getting the DLC, can't wait to see what they add. Very much looking forward to it, still enjoying the MP right now though!

Also, I wonder if this factions thing might hurt match making. I noticed that a vast majority of the time, the oppositing team was much higher levels overall.
if youre playing supply raid with parties, youre going to run against higher level people (everyone i run with is 30's and up. one is in the 90s). when you say "factions thing" i assume youre talking about hunters/fireflies and those dont come into play at all. im a firefly right now, my one buddy is a hunter. on my screen he is a firefly. on his screen im a hunter.

if youre playing supply raid with parties, youre going to run against higher level people (everyone i run with is 30's and up. one is in the 90s). when you say "factions thing" i assume youre talking about hunters/fireflies and those dont come into play at all. im a firefly right now, my one buddy is a hunter. on my screen he is a firefly. on his screen im a hunter.
Ah... gotcha. I see what you're saying.

I have a problem i have a copy of the survival edition from best buy and i am too busy to play anything right now.  I have no interest in trying to sell on eBay after hearing how much of a pain it can be at times.  so should i just place it in my collection and keep it or just take it back to best buy?

There won't be a sequel, at least not in the conventional sense. ND has said over and over that Joel and Ellie's story is complete.
They said Joel and Ellie's Firefly journy is over. Based on the ending, they definitely left a lot of room for what wasn't said...

Last edited by a moderator:
There won't be a sequel, at least not in the conventional sense. ND has said over and over that Joel and Ellie's story is complete.
I really want a sequel with Ellie and Joel though, they're such amazing characters. It would be a shame if we never get anything with them again. :cry:

I really want a sequel with Ellie and Joel though, they're such amazing characters. It would be a shame if we never get anything with them again. :cry:
It would honestly be a mistake and I hope they stick to their guns on this one, not selling out. The best way I can describe why is if you've ever played a sequel to a game and feel let down because the first game was too good. I'd be tempted to see what improvements to combat they would come up with, but not at the expense of diluting the story.

I'm about ready to quit the MP... it's fun when people know what they're doing but in pretty much every game I play, I have at least one person who goes out on his own and becomes a liability.

Earlier today, I played on a team with three level zeros who had 16 deaths among them and zero exections, revivies, and downs.I had 7 kills but I'm pretty sure that's only because the other team felt bad for me. I know there's a learning process (because shit, I didn't what I was doing when I started) but holy shit, how do you not accomplish anything? Even I had a 1:1 K:D ratio in my first game.

I'm about ready to quit the MP... it's fun when people know what they're doing but in pretty much every game I play, I have at least one person who goes out on his own and becomes a liability.

Earlier today, I played on a team with three level zeros who had 16 deaths among them and zero exections, revivies, and downs.I had 7 kills but I'm pretty sure that's only because the other team felt bad for me. I know there's a learning process (because shit, I didn't what I was doing when I started) but holy shit, how do you not accomplish anything? Even I had a 1:1 K:D ratio in my first game.
Yep you definitely need to get a group of friends for the best experience. I remember one game in which every player would run off in a separate direction at the start of each round...needless to say it was over quick. The worst part is the penalty for quitting is very stiff so I had to stick that one out. I'm to the point where I wont play this online unless at least one person on my friends list will play with me. Almost done with the Firefly journey, then I'll try and finish the Hunter journey for the trophy because I do want to get the platinum on this game.

Add me if you want someone to play with, I do have a mic as well.

Got back to playing on my first playthrough since I was on vacation for a week. I'm about 18 hours in, nearing the end now...kind of don't want it to end. Doubt I'll touch MP but wondering if I should hold my copy and wait for DLC. Game is so good though, might have to play through on a harder difficulty.

I just finished the game...

I was a bit suprised with the ending but it's kind of sinking in now, like it was meant to be with the arc of the story. Joel had been through so much and Ellie seemed to be the only thing keeping him going. Was he the bad guy in the end? Maybe. I'm kind of glad they didn't punk out though and give the ultimate happy ending...not sure it would have fit with the tone of the game. I'm not sure I liked the ending but I'm ok with the way it ended. It seemed to me though there should have been more of a discussion prior to their arrival at the hospital about if she wanted to do it. I know they he says we could just leave but there was never the what if they have to cut you open discussion.

In the end I'd say the game deserved the 10s. I loved it 100%

The first game in a long time I'm thinking about playing again (New Game +) and also probably the first that I'm considering keeping to play the DLC. Not sure yet but wow amazing job Naughty Dog!

Got back to playing on my first playthrough since I was on vacation for a week. I'm about 18 hours in, nearing the end now...kind of don't want it to end. Doubt I'll touch MP but wondering if I should hold my copy and wait for DLC. Game is so good though, might have to play through on a harder difficulty.
I felt the same way. I got hooked on the story and did not want it to end. It's very rare for me to play through a linear game more than onece but this game is too good not to. I'll probably pick it back up again after I play through a few games in my backlog.

I'm really loving it.  Just under 15 hours in--have been playing since launch, but have been busy so just get a night or two a week in.  I'm in the
university
section.

Definitely up there for my game of the generation as long as it keeps being this good!  Still doubt I'll replay on higher difficulty as that's not bag and I have too much in the backlog.  Doubt I'll bother with the MP either for the same reason, and I don't have a PS3 headset.

Finished it tonight.  Took me 21:25, found 94/141 collectibles (with no guide, and not being to anal about searching everywhere).

Loved it from start to finish.  Great opening.  Great story, setting, characters and gameplay throughout.  Loved the ending.

Definitely high up on my games of the generation list. I usually hate stealth games, but this did it right by making it fun, pretty forgiving (frequent autosaves, usually can run back and hide and reset stealth etc.).  I also liked how it felt a bit survival horror, but wasn't really as I always had lots of health packs, ammo, supplies etc.--and finished the game with a ton of everything.  I don't really dig survival horror, so I liked how this game kind of pushed you to play conservatively, but didn't stress you out over it as it was ok to use some bullets or health packs as needed in the tough spots.

I'll definitely hold on to it for a while (which is rare for me after beating a game).  Want to check out the MP after getting a head set (have one ordered), and will probably do a NG+ run through at some point to experience it again.  Doubt I'll bump the difficulty up though, as that's not my cup of tea.

I'll spoiler some thoughts on the ending after sleeping on it.

I really love the ending overall.  I love the parallel with him carrying Ellie out of the hospital with him carrying his daughter in the opening.  Especially after their bonding, him accepting the picture of him and his daughter and thinking her for it (after yelling at his brother and refusing to take it earlier in the game).  Comes full circle with him being able to care again, and taking Ellie in like his daughter etc.

And it's great how it's a tough moral issue to decide what to think of his decision.  On the one hand, he just screwed away a potential vaccine that could end the plague and save humanity--but it wasn't a sure thing, and Ellie didn't consent to it etc.  On the other hand, hard to vilify him for that, when I was all gungho about saving her, and had no problem shooting the 3 doctors in the face (even with two of them cowering in the corner after killing the surgeon).

Him lying to Ellie about it was harder to justify though.  Have to imagine that will come up as a plot point in any sequels, or maybe the single player DLC.  I really hope they do make another game with Joel and Ellie.  I know Naughty Dog said their Firefly story was done, but I take that to mean just that--more to tell, just not with the Firefly plot line.

Anyway, few games have left me thinking about the ending/plot the next day, so bravo to Naughty Dog for this game.  Definitely right up there with stuff like the Mass Effect series, Bioshock etc. for my game of the generation.

Even though I finished it and haven't played it since, I'm still thinking about this game. I'm going to have to try a harder difficulty at some point. So good naughty dog so good.

Same here.

I may check out the MP tonight as my PS3 headset got delivered this morning.  Have a ton of work though, so maybe not until tomorrow.

I don't know why... but it seems like everybody who's playing the MP now actually knows what they're doing. I know I said I felt like giving up, but I just kept coming back to it. It's been insanely fun for the last few weeks.

The only problem with the matches now are that people seem to leave a lot more often. It's extremely difficult to win a match when it's 2 or 3 versus a team of 4. I've been on a undermanned team 4 or 5 times over the last two weeks, and my team got demolished in each game.

Finished the game over the weekend and loved every bit of it.  The game is just so damn good that even though I died dozens of times, I never grew tired of having to repeat sections.  There is a lot of strategy involved when each situation.  I even ended the last sequence with more bow and arrow kills.

For me, I thought the AI was outstanding.  Quite a few times, the enemy would spot me and then do a flank and come out me from behind!  

I don't know why... but it seems like everybody who's playing the MP now actually knows what they're doing. I know I said I felt like giving up, but I just kept coming back to it. It's been insanely fun for the last few weeks.

The only problem with the matches now are that people seem to leave a lot more often. It's extremely difficult to win a match when it's 2 or 3 versus a team of 4. I've been on a undermanned team 4 or 5 times over the last two weeks, and my team got demolished in each game.
I noticed my games got better through familiarity and youtube lessons lol. Unlocking better perks, knowing which perk/gun goes well with my play style helped a lot too. My kdr was like sub .30 back then lol, now its getting better bit by bit.

I'm surprised how balanced perks and guns are on this game... Uncharted mp was never balanced in anything ever lol. But still a blast to play.

I have learned my way around MP (well at least I am decent at Survivors mode. Like it better anyway cause it kinda has that SOCOM feel to it.) pretty quickly as soon as I invested more time into it. I actually use stealth kills (shiv, melee) more than the actual weapons however. I also rarely spend parts, lol. Is it bad of me to actually want to be on the losing team more? Cause I get waaaay more parts losing than winning. (Seems to be a flaw with the MP)

Hey y'all. I know I promised this earlier and I don't know if this will even help anyone at this point, but here is the map of the Factions Metagame.

The chart shows you when missions are, and the color tells you if you are risking population with that mission or gaining population. I have my mission plan for my playstyle. I tried to upload the excel doc so that you could edit the file for your own playstyle. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to add an attachment via the new CAG. If you pm me, I'll try to send you the file (e-mail if all else fails). 

I hope this is helpful to someone here.

pg6BkJi.jpg

I have learned my way around MP (well at least I am decent at Survivors mode. Like it better anyway cause it kinda has that SOCOM feel to it.) pretty quickly as soon as I invested more time into it. I actually use stealth kills (shiv, melee) more than the actual weapons however. I also rarely spend parts, lol. Is it bad of me to actually want to be on the losing team more? Cause I get waaaay more parts losing than winning. (Seems to be a flaw with the MP)
I don't see it as a flaw since it was an intentional way to balance out matches. I think it works great. Your get more supplies when you're losing because they want to even out the match... a closer match is a lot more fun than a match where you're completely destroying the other team or being destroyed by them.

I get that this is unfair to the people who are better/are more skilled but those people likely have or will have better perks anyway.

I'd say the one flaw with the MP is when people leave. Even if it's 3 versus 4, it makes a huge difference.

Well good stuff here. I loved the game and the story but,

If you search around the hospital, you will find a recording of the doctor saying that the other test subjects failed. So did Joel just destroy humanity by saving Ellie? We will truly never know honestly. But at the end of the game, I sort of felt as Joel was a bad guy when it got to the end. But that's just me honestly. Was all about what Joel wants and not Ellie. Anybody else feel this way?

Well good stuff here. I loved the game and the story but,

If you search around the hospital, you will find a recording of the doctor saying that the other test subjects failed. So did Joel just destroy humanity by saving Ellie? We will truly never know honestly. But at the end of the game, I sort of felt as Joel was a bad guy when it got to the end. But that's just me honestly. Was all about what Joel wants and not Ellie. Anybody else feel this way?
I think it just plays back to the beginning of the game
he couldn't save his daughter so maybe he could save Ellie
I replayed it again and enjoyed it a lot more. Interested in the DLC when it comes out hoping sometime before October as I think the last game I plan to play before I stop PS3 gaming is Beyond.

I don't see it as a flaw since it was an intentional way to balance out matches. I think it works great. Your get more supplies when you're losing because they want to even out the match... a closer match is a lot more fun than a match where you're completely destroying the other team or being destroyed by them.I get that this is unfair to the people who are better/are more skilled but those people likely have or will have better perks anyway.I'd say the one flaw with the MP is when people leave. Even if it's 3 versus 4, it makes a huge difference.
The flaw I am talking about is where you are losing and you can easily make more parts doing so than winning. When winning you have a couple factors into play. (Keep in mind this is Survivor mode)

A. You worry about Kill Stealing since the person who get the execution gets the extra supplies.
B. there are 5-7 boxes per stage, and when you start losing (by 2 or more) you can grind parts very easily. (7 boxes * 100 = 700 parts per round. 5 rounds [after losing two if you can tie every round after] * 700 = 3500 parts just from losing. Now throw in collector perk in there. (Base is 10% extra.) 3500 * .1 = 350. 3500 + 350 = 3850 parts. This is not counting for any downs / revives / anything else you may be doing.)
C. You don't have a chance to kill anyone on the winning team. (Which actually makes you lose - in a way)
D. Sometimes if your just too good, you have to lose on purpose to get enough supplies before you should end the match.

Seems pretty flawed. ^

Still fun tho!

The flaw I am talking about is where you are losing and you can easily make more parts doing so than winning. When winning you have a couple factors into play. (Keep in mind this is Survivor mode)

A. You worry about Kill Stealing since the person who get the execution gets the extra supplies.
B. there are 5-7 boxes per stage, and when you start losing (by 2 or more) you can grind parts very easily. (7 boxes * 100 = 700 parts per round. 5 rounds [after losing two if you can tie every round after] * 700 = 3500 parts just from losing. Now throw in collector perk in there. (Base is 10% extra.) 3500 * .1 = 350. 3500 + 350 = 3850 parts. This is not counting for any downs / revives / anything else you may be doing.)
C. You don't have a chance to kill anyone on the winning team. (Which actually makes you lose - in a way)
D. Sometimes if your just too good, you have to lose on purpose to get enough supplies before you should end the match.

Seems pretty flawed. ^

Still fun tho!
throwing games is a good way to lose missions risking 100% of your population. Seems counter intuitive to me if you get a few extra supplies on some rounds just to lose your whole clan. Considering there is only 2 days between each mission, this doesn't seem like a good strategy for between missions either. I personally wouldn't do it because i like to win too much.

throwing games is a good way to lose missions risking 100% of your population. Seems counter intuitive to me if you get a few extra supplies on some rounds just to lose your whole clan. Considering there is only 2 days between each mission, this doesn't seem like a good strategy for between missions either. I personally wouldn't do it because i like to win too much.
As long as you save the easy tasks for the ones that risk 100% population, you'll be fine.

Seems pretty flawed. ^

Still fun tho!
Don't get me wrong, I see what you're saying but your points seem like the very extreme end of what could happen. Getting to all the drop boxes isn't that easy since you'll likely run into the opposing team. And if you really are good, you'll likely have some supplies built up (since matches take a bit of time to decide when one side's losing and how badly) or won't need parts/supplies (drop boxes still give you ammo). But ultimately, I have never seen the losing side make a huge comeback due to getting more parts.

For point A though, there's no real kill stealing in this game. Whether you down, execute, or do both, you get the same amount of rewards according to the Wiki. The only thing you lose out on is the bonus 75 parts for the special execution. I've never gotten more than 1 supply and if I'm low on ammo, I get 2-4 bullets.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the MP is perfect in anyway, but simply disagreeing with your points as to its imperfections (other than it being fun, of course). :)

Getting to the drop boxes is easier than you may think if that is priority 1. As long as you have Covert level 2 it is really simple. (Since you can crouch walk and not be seen in listen mode.) also I can get to at least 3 of the boxes every round without a problem for most maps. (Except underground, but that map is rarely selected.)

Yes, my examples are to the extreme, but that is usually how matches end up. (At least the ones I have been in.)

Tag along in a game that I am in and ill show you the simple way to grind parts.

I'm curious but not sure I should. I've gotten to a point where I'm actually good at this game and MP isn't normally my thing. I'm afraid of learning anything new. :lol:

Haha, I get ya.

Anyway here is a class to try out:

Perks:

Covert Level 2 (at least)
Collector
Explosives Expert

Anything else is gravy.

Make Parts your primary priority, so if/when you start losing, you will have parts to make up for the lack of kills.

Alright, I have to admit..I bought this game on launch and hated the gameplay. I didn't get too far in and I have remained spoiler free, so I am going to give it another shot due to the still universal praise for this game. That, and I did enjoy the characters. I am going to do something I don't normally do..I am just going to play it on Easy. I want to experience the story before that eventually gets spoiled and hopefully the game itself will grow on me a bit too.

I really hope I get the enjoyment that almost everyone else has. Here goes nothing.

^havent even touched SP yet, so good luck! If anyone wants to roll as a group online I am available Thursday night about 11pm est. till Friday 2am ish.

PSN: MG_Stryder

Hey y'all. I know I promised this earlier and I don't know if this will even help anyone at this point, but here is the map of the Factions Metagame.

The chart shows you when missions are, and the color tells you if you are risking population with that mission or gaining population. I have my mission plan for my playstyle. I tried to upload the excel doc so that you could edit the file for your own playstyle. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to add an attachment via the new CAG. If you pm me, I'll try to send you the file (e-mail if all else fails).

I hope this is helpful to someone here.

pg6BkJi.jpg

Thanks for this. I'm going after the plat, this is a huge help. Only trophies left for me is the hunter and firefly. I'm gonna be sooo pissed if i went back to zero pop. Week 5 now.

EDIT: I'm still trying to figure out the best loadout for me.. But I always have the level 2 Hawk eye. Enemies get outlined in red sou you'll be able to know what they're up to even when under cover.

Haha, I get ya.

Anyway here is a class to try out:

Perks:

Covert Level 2 (at least)
Collector
Explosives Expert

Anything else is gravy.

Make Parts your primary priority, so if/when you start losing, you will have parts to make up for the lack of kills.
I'll give it a shot when I finish my Hunter mode (only have about 4 days left). That's definitely different then my normal loadout.

I'm curious though, what weapons do you use?

Thanks for this. I'm going after the plat, this is a huge help. Only trophies left for me is the hunter and firefly. I'm gonna be sooo pissed if i went back to zero pop. Week 5 now.

EDIT: I'm still trying to figure out the best loadout for me.. But I always have the level 2 Hawk eye. Enemies get outlined in red sou you'll be able to know what they're up to even when under cover.
The ones you should save for the 100% risk missions are downs and executions. I did downs and executions twice already and will likely do downs once more.

I'll give it a shot when I finish my Hunter mode (only have about 4 days left). That's definitely different then my normal loadout.I'm curious though, what weapons do you use?
This really doesn't matter with the build. You can choose practically whatever you want (depending on how many load out points you have, I can't equip silenced weapons for instance.)

Primary focus is Shiv and Melee weapon pick ups.

The ones you should save for the 100% risk missions are downs and executions. I did downs and executions twice already and will likely do downs once more.
I disagree. In my opinion you should only use downs and executions once. And it should be the last two. If you have to get 20 downs for your last mission and get rolled three straight games because you got bad teammates, you could end up with 15 downs and lose your whole clan on the last day.

If you take a look at my chart, you can see there are 20 missions you can choose and 16 times you must use them. Out of the 16, you risk population 7 times (100% 5 times). Pick your five easiest missions (for me downs, exec, sp exec, healing, single shot) and make those your last 5 missions. Then pick other missions to fill in the blanks.

Why risk everything when you can spend <5 minutes planning your missions and ensure you don't fail?

I'm confused as to what you're saying. I don't get how you're coming up with 20 downs..? 

The first time I did downs, I only needed 3 to avoid 100% loss. The second time I did it, I only needed 6. The third (and last) time I did it, I only needed 9. Each time, I was able to get enough downs to reach stage III before my three days were up. Plus, I can still do all the downs with specific weapons. As for executions, I needed 2 the first time and 4 the second time, and again, I was well beyond stage III both times.

I'm not trying to build my clan to high numbers or anything... I just want to finish the mode so as long as I avoid 100% loss and have 1 guy left. I just finished the Hunter one and started the Firefly one (and unfortunately, I won't get to play for a few days because we lost our internet... using a tethered connection right now, which can't be used for gaming). :whistle2:x

I'm confused as to what you're saying. I don't get how you're coming up with 20 downs..?

The first time I did downs, I only needed 3 to avoid 100% loss. The second time I did it, I only needed 6. The third (and last) time I did it, I only needed 9. Each time, I was able to get enough downs to reach stage III before my three days were up. Plus, I can still do all the downs with specific weapons. As for executions, I needed 2 the first time and 4 the second time, and again, I was well beyond stage III both times.

I'm not trying to build my clan to high numbers or anything... I just want to finish the mode so as long as I avoid 100% loss and have 1 guy left. I just finished the Hunter one and started the Firefly one (and unfortunately, I won't get to play for a few days because we lost our internet... using a tethered connection right now, which can't be used for gaming). :whistle2:x
Forgive me for not memorizing the lower end of the missions. I only use each one once so I don't have experience doing downs more than once other than my first playthough. Quickly looking online, I think it is 15 for the low end of the 3rd time picking downs.

What is confusing about planning out what missions to use on the 100% risk missions? You gave a suggestion, I stated that I disagree in it being a solid strategy and suggested what I think is a better plan to ensure the survival of one's clan.

You and I will not have any problems getting 15 downs in 3 days but newer players or lesser skilled players can better ensure their clan's survival by looking at the chart I made and planning out their missions. As opposed to using downs 3 times and executions twice.

bread's done
Back