NBA 2K10 Anniversary Edition featuring Kobe Bryant (Xbox 360, PS3) - $10 off coupon

RoundeRx54

CAGiversary!
Got this from SD but thought I'd post it here too.

NBA 2K10 Anniversary Edition featuring Kobe Bryant

I got this coupon in my mailbox and the email says NBA Live, etc but it works with the limited edition NBA 2K10.

Individually numbered and includes the following:
  • NBA 2K10 video game
  • Numbered NBA 2K10 game locker with combonation lock
  • Exclusive figurine of Kobe Bryant by McFarlane Toys
  • 16" x 36" Kobe Bryant poster designed by Shephard Fairey's Studio No. 1
  • Commemorative NBA 2K 10th anniversary DVD
  • Access to the Gold Room - the NBA 2K10 VIP online lobby.
nba2k10.jpg

1. Add one of these to your cart:

Xbox 360 Version
http://www.buy.com/prod/nba-2k10-anniversary-edition-featuring-kobe-bryant/q/loc/108/212204553.html

PlayStation 3 Version
http://www.buy.com/prod/nba-2k10-anniversary-edition-featuring-kobe-bryant/q/loc/108/212204552.html

2. Add this coupon to your cart:

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=86498564

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Actually, he is a douche.

He committed adultery against his wife.

He absolutely is full of himself, when Shaq left he felt like he had to take 30 shots a game. They missed the playoffs that year and got back when he started becoming a team player.[/QUOTE] Sounds exactly like Jordan. Extramarital affair, shooting 30 times a game. Only Kobe was playing with D-league talent, not Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman.

High road on Shaq during the feud? Sure, but he also said Shaq paid off women that threatened to take him to court and Kobe said that is what he should have done.
What he said to the cops and how he treated their relationship is two different things. Shaq has been the one who always added fuel to the fire. Wasn't it just last summer that Shaq did his Kobe "diss" rap where he said "tell me how my ass tastes!"? They both acted like little kids, but I believe Kobe handled it better because Shaq is really just a child in a man's body.

I don't doubt he is a hard worker or one of the top players in the game though. Like him or not, that is accurate.

That being said, I am getting the Limited Edition regardless of who is on the cover.
His work ethic is exactly what makes him my favorite player. Always in the gym trying to get better. Never content.

I'm glad to see that some people will still get the LE despite not liking the guy. Hell, I bought 2k9 despite having KG on the cover. :whistle2:#

Sounds exactly like Jordan. Extramarital affair, shooting 30 times a game. Only Kobe was playing with D-league talent, not Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant and Dennis Rodman

Kobe Bryant has never had as bad of talent as Jordan had his first 6 seasons, and he still made the playoffs. Kobe will never be as good as Jordan because he's an emulator, he doesn't do anything better than Jordan.

He's never won anything with a mediocre team, Shaq helped, and then everyone last year was good, although Kobe made them better.

That being said, can we talk about the game? I like the locker. How long before it's about 40 bucks on amazon you think?

Here is what gets me about all of you Laker fans arguing Kobe is one of the top 3, 5 whatever players of all time (and I admit he is great, easily top 20):
How have you all forgotten the greatness of past Lakers? Magic, Kareem and Shaq are all better than Kobe (this is no slight to Kobe look at those names). Magic was probably the best point guard of all time, a unique player who play PG and C (who all can say that), made everyone on his team better and retired as the all time assisits leader. Kareem retired as the all time points leader and averaged 2 blocks and 11 rebounds a game. Shaq brought the franchise back from the wilderness (by Laker standards) and won 3 championships with the Lakers while putting up monster numbers the whole time. All I am saying is that if you are going to argue "best all time" it helps to know something about "all time."

[quote name='unclenebber']Kobe Bryant has never had as bad of talent as Jordan had his first 6 seasons, and he still made the playoffs. Kobe will never be as good as Jordan because he's an emulator, he doesn't do anything better than Jordan.

He's never won anything with a mediocre team, Shaq helped, and then everyone last year was good, although Kobe made them better.

That being said, can we talk about the game? I like the locker. How long before it's about 40 bucks on amazon you think?[/QUOTE]

First off, he was referring to the season after Shaq left when they missed the playoffs. Secondly, Jordan never won anything with a mediocre team either. Yes he made the playoffs in the late 80s with a mediocre team, but so did Kobe with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker as starters. People forget Jordan had some of the best role players in the game with Steve Kerr, John Paxson, Rodman, Horace Grant, Kukoc, let alone Scottie Pippen ("one of the 50 greatest players of all-time"). Jordan didn't do it all by himself either. I don't care how good you are, you don't win it by yourself.

[quote name='unclenebber']Kobe Bryant has never had as bad of talent as Jordan had his first 6 seasons, and he still made the playoffs. Kobe will never be as good as Jordan because he's an emulator, he doesn't do anything better than Jordan.

That being said, can we talk about the game? I like the locker. How long before it's about 40 bucks on amazon you think?[/QUOTE]

Kobe's '04-'05 team was horrible. The only notable players were Odom, Walton and Butler.

Jordan still had some nice talent in that 6 year window you keep mentioning. He got Pippen and Horace in his 4th season, so he had them for 3 of his first 6 years. He also had Oakley for the last 5 of those 6.

As far as the LE goes, if this thing is as limited edition as they say (30,000), I don't think they reach clearance. Could just be a ploy to get people to buy it though.

[quote name='ackbar7']Here is what gets me about all of you Laker fans arguing Kobe is one of the top 3, 5 whatever players of all time (and I admit he is great, easily top 20):
How have you all forgotten the greatness of past Lakers? Magic, Kareem and Shaq are all better than Kobe (this is no slight to Kobe look at those names). Magic was probably the best point guard of all time, a unique player who play PG and C (who all can say that), made everyone on his team better and retired as the all time assisits leader. Kareem retired as the all time points leader and averaged 2 blocks and 11 rebounds a game. Shaq brought the franchise back from the wilderness (by Laker standards) and won 3 championships with the Lakers while putting up monster numbers the whole time. All I am saying is that if you are going to argue "best all time" it helps to know something about "all time."[/QUOTE]

Who said Lakers fans forgot about them? Magic is the most versatile player in NBA history, and the best passer to play the game. Kareem has the most beautiful and deadly shot ever and it pretty much can't be emulated. Shaq was for a good period of time an unstoppable force and the hardest player to guard one on one ever. However, Kobe is talented in nearly every area of the game. He is brilliant when it comes to strategy, he can play top-notch defense when he needs to, he can score from anywhere on the floor, and he is more clutch than almost any Laker or NBA player I've ever seen (including Mr. Clutch himself). I think Kobe overall ranks higher than Shaq and Kareem, but it's pretty tough to compare him to Magic.

Also, can it just be realized that this is all subjective? I mean, to say Kobe is a douche, sucks, or whatever is just plain stupid. We all know he is great. That's all people came in here arguing about. I think he's top 5, some people think he's only top 20. It's fine. As long as people do recognize he is an amazing athlete and one of the best to play the game and don't judge him by different standards than other players have been.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']First off, he was referring to the season after Shaq left when they missed the playoffs. Secondly, Jordan never won anything with a mediocre team either. Yes he made the playoffs in the late 80s with a mediocre team, but so did Kobe with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker as starters. People forget Jordan had some of the best role players in the game with Steve Kerr, John Paxson, Rodman, Horace Grant, Kukoc, let alone Scottie Pippen ("one of the 50 greatest players of all-time"). Jordan didn't do it all by himself either. I don't care how good you are, you don't win it by yourself.[/QUOTE]

Stop making sense. Everyone knows Jordan won those championships by himself. :roll:

Pippen? Some scrub that made the "50 greatest" team.
Kukoc? Some scrub that won a 6th man of the year award.
Rodman? Some scrub with 7 rebounding titles and 2 DPOY.
Horace Grant? 1-time all-star scrub.
Steve Kerr? 1-time 3-point shootout winning scrub.
Craig Hodges? Some scrub that won 3 point shootout 3 straight years.
John Paxson? Scrub.

Jordan is one of the best, if not the best, to have played the game but it's silly to say that he wasn't blessed with some great teammates through the years. Of course if that Kobe guy was any good, he should win it all with D-league teammates.

Jordan is allowed to win with a "50 greatest" teammate, but not Kobe. Where is the logic in that?

Oh yeah, Jordan is a model teammate too. He took a young Kwame Brown (that he drafted no less) under his wing and called him a "Flamming $$$$$$".

Not enough? He punched Steve Kerr too. Yeah, what a teammate!

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']Why is Kobe a douche? He's not like the typical "full of himself" athlete like Terrell Owens or Allen Iverson. The guy is the hardest working athlete in at least the NBA, maybe even all American sports. He took the high road during the Shaq feud (not saying anything and just playing ball), and he was acquitted of the sexual charges (which were mostly likely BS considering the mental issues of the supposed victim). The guy is one of the top 3 or 4 basketball players to ever play the game. I don't understand the hate for the guy. He's amazing.

On an actuall product related note, is Best Buy going to be carrying this? And will that locker hold Blu-Rays, not just DVDs?[/QUOTE]

I hope you were being sarcastic about this. I mean yeah Kolbe is great player but he is the reason why Shaq isn't with the Lakers. He wanted to the star and prove he could winit without Shaq and when it wasn't working out he tried to force a trade when he regretted how it wasn't working out a few years later. Please this guy surely is the the one of the most full of himsel people in the NBA though I will say he can back it up better than TO and AI but don't say he isn't full of himself. I mean he even though he was god gifts to women when he had sex with that white women in a improper way and get away with it. LOL.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']You must not know much about basketball. Kobe has been 1st-Team All Defense 7 times, and on the 2nd-Team twice. Kobe's defensive ability is outstanding. He had to slack off defensively the last few years to carry the team offense, but his defense is still impeccable.

And to the person who said he isn't unanimously the best in his generation, are you kidding me? He definitely is, and the only real person you can consider now is Lebron, who may be one of the top 5 players ever. Why else does the media and fans always start the argument over who's better Kobe or Jordan? Because it is a legitimate argument to make. MJ may be better (at least statistically), but the argument can be made.[/QUOTE]

They put rules into the game because of Shaq. Kobe won three of his titles with Shaq. Shaq was the most dominant single athlete in sports since Jordan/besides Jordan. He is easily the most dominant Center since Russel.

I'm not making this a Kobe V. Shaq argument, but without Shaq, Kobe has maybe one ring and no hype behind him or he ends up like Iverson and scores a ton but never wins it. Kobe was a nobody rookie until Shaq hyped him up and took all the double teams as a Laker. You Laker fans seem to all forget this.

[quote name='3rdbass']I hope you were being sarcastic about this. I mean yeah Kolbe is great player but he is the reason why Shaq isn't with the Lakers. He wanted to the star and prove he could winit without Shaq and when it wasn't working out he tried to force a trade when he regretted how it wasn't working out a few years later. Please this guy surely is the the one of the most full of himsel people in the NBA though I will say he can back it up better than TO and AI but don't say he isn't full of himself. I mean he even though he was god gifts to women when he had sex with that white women in a improper way and get away with it. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Kobe did not force Shaq out, Shaq did. Kobe just grew tired of Shaq's lazy, child-like behavior and considered leaving if he was still around. Shaq wanted Dr. Buss (the Lakers' owner) to sign him to a FAT extension of about $30M a year. No way was that happening with the way Shaq took care of himself. Shaq was not offered that extension and he acted like a little kid that didn't get what he wanted.

So the Lakers were left with: A)Sign Shaq for $30M a year and watch Kobe leave, or B)Trade Shaq while he has some value (along with his high salary demands) and keep Kobe. The Lakers made the right choice. Shaq never got his $30M despite showing up in "better" shape for the Heat to prove the Lakers wrong. Shaq needing to get "amped" up to prove people wrong shows just how childish he is.

Almost all pro-athletes are full of themselves. Not just Kobe.

[quote name='lt_homer']They put rules into the game because of Shaq. Kobe won three of his titles with Shaq. Shaq was the most dominant single athlete in sports since Jordan/besides Jordan. He is easily the most dominant Center since Russel.

I'm not making this a Kobe V. Shaq argument, but without Shaq, Kobe has maybe one ring and no hype behind him or he ends up like Iverson and scores a ton but never wins it. Kobe was a nobody rookie until Shaq hyped him up and took all the double teams as a Laker. You Laker fans seem to all forget this.[/QUOTE]

I guess some guy Kareem Abdul Jabaar doesn't exist. The NCAA only outlawed the slam dunk because of him. Where do you think the all-time leading scorer and his Sky Hook came from?

Kobe not winning without Shaq is such a weak argument. What has Shaq done without an all-star guard? Penny and Shaq went to the NBA finals. Kobe and Shaq won 3 titles. Wade and Shaq won 1 title. What's Shaq done on his own? Exactly. Kobe needed Shaq as much as Shaq needed him to win those titles. I guess this POST didn't show that Kobe had as much to do with those titles as Shaq did.

[quote name='major morgan']Kobe did not force Shaq out, Shaq did. Kobe just grew tired of Shaq's lazy, child-like behavior and considered leaving if he was still around. Shaq wanted Dr. Buss (the Lakers' owner) to sign him to a FAT extension of about $30M a year. No way was that happening with the way Shaq took care of himself. Shaq was not offered that extension and he acted like a little kid that didn't get what he wanted.

So the Lakers were left with: A)Sign Shaq for $30M a year and watch Kobe leave, or B)Trade Shaq while he has some value (along with his high salary demands) and keep Kobe. The Lakers made the right choice. Shaq never got his $30M despite showing up in "better" shape for the Heat to prove the Lakers wrong. Shaq needing to get "amped" up to prove people wrong shows just how childish he is.

I guess some guy Kareem Abdul Jabaar doesn't exist. The NCAA only outlawed the slam dunk because of him. Where do you think the all-time leading scorer and his Sky Hook came from?

Kobe not winning without Shaq is such a weak argument. What has Shaq done without an all-star guard? Penny and Shaq went to the NBA finals. Kobe and Shaq won 3 titles. Wade and Shaq won 1 title. What's Shaq done on his own? Exactly. Kobe needed Shaq as much as Shaq needed him to win those titles. I guess this POST didn't show that Kobe had as much to do with those titles as Shaq did.[/QUOTE]

I took Kareem out of the equation because Shaq is a better Center then Kareem. No doubt about it. Kareem getting the slam dunk banned in the NCAA has nothing to do with the NBA.

And you're argument of Shaq not having an all star guard is crap. He used to make all-star guards because he was so good. He's not even in his prime anymore and NBA finals contenders STILL want him. What has Penny done since Shaq left the Magic? How's Wade down in Miami? Last I checked he's been injured a ton and hasn't been able to carry the load. Kobe. Took him an entirely different team to summit the hill. Even had to fight with his coach, demand a trade, and fight with his teammate (Bynum) to get there.

Shaq on the other hand is wanted on most NBA teams because of his ability to draw a double team, and have a great(in his prime) to good(now) Center. There's a reason LA wanted him. There's a reason Miami wanted him, there's a reason Phoenix wanted him. And now there's a reason why Lebron wants him.

edit: that POST shows how many assists Kobe had. Guess who got Kobe that stat? It sure as hell wasn't Rick Fox. Guess who was a ballhog his entire career until the '07 sesaon? Kobe. Do you know what Kobe had so many assists in the finals? Because he would pass it to Shaq who would dunk on whoever was on those East teams they beat. Do you know why they lost to the Pistons? Because Kobe decided to become "the man" that year, and didn't produce enough to win. He became selfish and the Pistons won with team play. Not "Kobe-play." Which was a HUGE reason Shaq wanted out of LA.

Shaq wanted to go somewhere with a young superstar he could help mold. Kobe was a selfish player until '07-'08. He's STILL selfish, just not as much on the court(see: the video of him being the only player on the Lakers allowed to bring his family onto the court after the title was won this year).

There's no argument left. Kobe needed Shaq. Shaq never needed Kobe, but he needed a scorer because a big man can't score 84 points a game. Can you name me three players on the finals team Shaq was on the Magic besides Penny? Without Googling it?

e: this was fun. i haven't had a good shaq kobe debate in awhile. Everyone is on Kobe's balls because of espn, and you actually know some of your stuff.

[quote name='major morgan']Stop making sense. Everyone knows Jordan won those championships by himself. :roll:

Pippen? Some scrub that made the "50 greatest" team.
Kukoc? Some scrub that won a 6th man of the year award.
Rodman? Some scrub with 7 rebounding titles and 2 DPOY.
Horace Grant? 1-time all-star scrub.
Steve Kerr? 1-time 3-point shootout winning scrub.
Craig Hodges? Some scrub that won 3 point shootout 3 straight years.
John Paxson? Scrub.

Jordan is one of the best, if not the best, to have played the game but it's silly to say that he wasn't blessed with some great teammates through the years. Of course if that Kobe guy was any good, he should win it all with D-league teammates.

Jordan is allowed to win with a "50 greatest" teammate, but not Kobe. Where is the logic in that?

Oh yeah, Jordan is a model teammate too. He took a young Kwame Brown (that he drafted no less) under his wing and called him a "Flamming $$$$$$".

Not enough? He punched Steve Kerr too. Yeah, what a teammate![/QUOTE]

All of what you said made sense. But I'm willing to bet that Jordan brought out the maximum potential from all of those players. If MJ wasn't on Pippen's ass in practice day in and day out, he wouldn't nearly be as good a player. Same with Kukoc. And Kerr, Hodges, and Paxon were amazing outside shooters. But a) they got amazing looks from all the double teams Jordan handled and b) they got amazing passes from Jordan who handled those said double teams.

Kobe proved that he can win a championship without Shaq but during that Laker's 3-peat was mostly Shaq. Not only did he win all 3 Finals MVP's but it would be foolhardy to think that a 20 year old Kobe who was 3 years into the league was the reason for all those championships and not a 27 year old Shaq in his prime.

[quote name='lt_homer']I took Kareem out of the equation because Shaq is a better Center then Kareem. No doubt about it. Kareem getting the slam dunk banned in the NCAA has nothing to do with the NBA.

And you're argument of Shaq not having an all star guard is crap. He used to make all-star guards because he was so good. He's not even in his prime anymore and NBA finals contenders STILL want him. What has Penny done since Shaq left the Magic? How's Wade down in Miami? Last I checked he's been injured a ton and hasn't been able to carry the load. Kobe. Took him an entirely different team to summit the hill. Even had to fight with his coach, demand a trade, and fight with his teammate (Bynum) to get there.[/QUOTE]
Penny was an all-star after Shaq left. Penny's decline was due to his knee injury, not Shaq leaving. Kobe is Kobe. Wade was only really injured the season Shaq was traded to the Suns, and he tore it up last season by leading the league in scoring and garnering some MVP consideration. Kobe needed a new team built around him because the one he had was filled with aging veterans that complimented a Shaq-Kobe team. Not a Kobe team. Brian Shaw, Rick Fox, Robert Horry were not going to cut it with their careers winding down.

Whether or not he actually got into a heated fight with PJ doesn't matter since they've patched things up; it happens to the best of us. Kobe never actually fought with Bynum, he just wanted management to build a team to help him win now, not win in 5+ years; which would probably require trading Bynum.

Shaq on the other hand is wanted on most NBA teams because of his ability to draw a double team, and have a great(in his prime) to good(now) Center. There's a reason LA wanted him. There's a reason Miami wanted him, there's a reason Phoenix wanted him. And now there's a reason why Lebron wants him.
Teams want Shaq because even at his advanced age, he's still better than half of the league's starting centers playing in his sleep. That is all. Shaq is a shell of his former self, plain and simple. Would you rather have Shaq or Zydrunas? Shaq or Bargnani? Shaq or Eddy Curry? Teams (particularly contenders) still want him because when he's on the court (ha!), he's still much better than any alternatives. PHX traded for Shaq because they panicked when the Lakers got Gasol. They were afraid of the size mismatches the Lakers presented. Unfortunately for the Suns, Shaq's "dominance" didn't even get them past Duncan and the Spurs. I recall Shaq promising PHX fans he'd deliver a ring. He didn't even get out of the first round with 2-time MVP Nash and Stoudemire. He failed on that one there.

Cleveland wants him now because they got abused by D12 last year. This is a total desperation move to try keeping LeBron. They signed Varejao to a crazy contract and now have no cap space. This is Clevelands team for a few years, win or lose. The Suns were paying Shaq $20M who was ruining Nash's one strength (running the ball), and fielding a losing team; a recipe for disaster for PHX. That's why they traded him to CLE for nothing Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic, both bought out of their contracts. Not even draft picks were involved. That tells you how bad PHX wanted to get rid of this guy.

edit: that POST shows how many assists Kobe had. Guess who got Kobe that stat? It sure as hell wasn't Rick Fox. Guess who was a ballhog his entire career until the '07 sesaon? Kobe. Do you know what Kobe had so many assists in the finals? Because he would pass it to Shaq who would dunk on whoever was on those East teams they beat. Do you know why they lost to the Pistons? Because Kobe decided to become "the man" that year, and didn't produce enough to win. He became selfish and the Pistons won with team play. Not "Kobe-play." Which was a HUGE reason Shaq wanted out of LA.
Do you watch Shaq's game at all? All he does is his back-down, post up and shoot a turn around hook/jumper. Kobe could not rack up assists like that because Shaq dribbles the ball and takes his time. Kobe threw alley-oops to Shaq, but alley-oops are created on dribble penetration. So yes, Kobe made those assists happen. He's also became the primary ballhandler when Ron Harper/Brian Shaw left. Derek Fisher is a SG in a PG body, so that's why Kobe handled the ball as much as he did. The Lakers lost to the Pistons because they took all of the Lakers out of their game, not just Kobe. Shaq played the best in that series but even he was sub-par (for himself). It doesn't help any that Slava Medvednko is your starting PF going against Rasheed Wallace either.

Shaq wanted to go somewhere with a young superstar he could help mold. Kobe was a selfish player until '07-'08. He's STILL selfish, just not as much on the court(see: the video of him being the only player on the Lakers allowed to bring his family onto the court after the title was won this year).
Exactly, he knew he needed a superstar to win - he can't do it on his own. But how can he mold someone who is already a superstar? He knew he couldn't do it on his own; he needed a Robin to his Batman. The proof is in the pudding. Wade got finals MVP in '06, not Shaq. Shaq didn't make Wade (the refs did!;)).

There's no argument left. Kobe needed Shaq. Shaq never needed Kobe, but he needed a scorer because a big man can't score 84 points a game. Can you name me three players on the finals team Shaq was on the Magic besides Penny? Without Googling it?
They most definitely needed each other. Shaq's piss-poor FT shooting would prevent him from winning the close games necessary to win a championship or even scoring 81 points; it's not because he's a big man. Wilt scored 100 for crying out loud. Shaq hasn't done it because of his FTs. You don't see teams intentionally fouling Amare or Yao Ming. That's because they can actually hit a FT.

Dennis Scott, Horace Grant, Nick Anderson. If you wanted me to name the 12th man on the bench, then you got me. Jon Koncak? ;)

e: this was fun. i haven't had a good shaq kobe debate in awhile. Everyone is on Kobe's balls because of espn, and you actually know some of your stuff.
Yeah, love basketball talk. My fav sport and involving my fav team, the Lakers just makes it more enjoyable (and intense!).

LMAO at ESPN though. They HATE the Lakers. They HATE anything West coast. Pick any night on ESPN and the headline will be "Joba did this", "Brett Farve did that", "Yankees v. Red Sox", "SEC Football!"

[quote name='Kendro']All of what you said made sense. But I'm willing to bet that Jordan brought out the maximum potential from all of those players. If MJ wasn't on Pippen's ass in practice day in and day out, he wouldn't nearly be as good a player. Same with Kukoc. And Kerr, Hodges, and Paxon were amazing outside shooters. But a) they got amazing looks from all the double teams Jordan handled and b) they got amazing passes from Jordan who handled those said double teams.

Kobe proved that he can win a championship without Shaq but during that Laker's 3-peat was mostly Shaq. Not only did he win all 3 Finals MVP's but it would be foolhardy to think that a 20 year old Kobe who was 3 years into the league was the reason for all those championships and not a 27 year old Shaq in his prime.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Jordan did have an effect on maximizing their potential and development. Sure doesn't mean he turned shit into diamonds either. He was blessed with great teammates.

I keep saying Kobe and Shaq needed each other, not that one needed the other more. By them both being on the floor, the defense couldn't collapse on only one player. Defenses would be ok with leaving one guy open to double team, but two? Not likely. That's what made them so formidable.

There's a reason why it's called FINALS MVP and not playoff MVP. Shaq performed the best in the Finals because he had an absolute field day with Ric Smiths, Mutombo and Todd McCullough. Kobe would probably have one of the last two MVPs if it were based on total playoff performance.

[quote name='imacgod']So speaking of the deal...

Only if this coupon was on Amazon... My doublestacked ECA coupons will have to do.[/QUOTE]

yeah...I wish Amazon was giving the $10 coupon like they are for the standard edition.

In any case, amazon is the better deal for me (w/ ECA) because of tax.

[quote name='major morgan']Kobe did not force Shaq out, Shaq did. Kobe just grew tired of Shaq's lazy, child-like behavior and considered leaving if he was still around. Shaq wanted Dr. Buss (the Lakers' owner) to sign him to a FAT extension of about $30M a year. No way was that happening with the way Shaq took care of himself. Shaq was not offered that extension and he acted like a little kid that didn't get what he wanted.

Kobe not winning without Shaq is such a weak argument. What has Shaq done without an all-star guard? Penny and Shaq went to the NBA finals. Kobe and Shaq won 3 titles. Wade and Shaq won 1 title. What's Shaq done on his own? Exactly. Kobe needed Shaq as much as Shaq needed him to win those titles. I guess this POST didn't show that Kobe had as much to do with those titles as Shaq did.[/QUOTE]

Okay I can tell you love Kolbe but if you thing that it wasn't Kolbe who forced Shaq out you must really be drinking the Kolbeaide. I mean he thinks he is the next MJ which he surely isn't. Just a very conceited individual who thinks he can get his way in basketball and his personal life without anyone coming down on him. MJ>>>>>>KOLBE

[quote name='imacgod']So speaking of the deal...

Only if this coupon was on Amazon... My doublestacked ECA coupons will have to do.[/QUOTE]

How were you able to get any ECA coupons to work? I tried and had no luck whatsoever on the anniversary edition.

[quote name='3rdbass']Okay I can tell you love Kolbe but if you thing that it wasn't Kolbe who forced Shaq out you must really be drinking the Kolbeaide. I mean he thinks he is the next MJ which he surely isn't. Just a very conceited individual who thinks he can get his way in basketball and his personal life without anyone coming down on him. MJ>>>>>>KOLBE[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you keep saying KOLBE. I'm a Laker fan first and foremost. Was before Kobe came and will continue to be one when he's gone. Doesn't mean he can't be my favorite player either. I was actually a big fan of Shaq back during his Orlando years too. His behavior over the years has made me real indifferent about him now though.

I've been watching/following the Lakers most of my life so I do know that Shaq was the driving force that lead to his trade to Miami. Management wasn't caving to his contract demands, and Kobe was tired of Shaq's behavior and no longer wanted to play with him. Now if you're saying because the Lakers had to choose between the two and thereby "forcing" Shaq out of town, fine; but he did not force it directly.

Here is an interesting interview Kobe had with Jim Gray in 2003 regarding Shaq and Kobe's relationship. Still think Kobe was the only one tired of Shaq's antics? Management had enough too.

I'd rather have Kobe think he's MJ than LeBron who thinks he's God.

[quote name='djblaze805']How were you able to get any ECA coupons to work? I tried and had no luck whatsoever on the anniversary edition.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how he did it, but I signed up for ECA after I pre-ordered it. I just emailed them to apply an ECA code for me and they did it without a hitch.

Kobe is the best player in the Nba, this is coming from a Miami Heat fan in which I feel D Wade is still top 10 in the league when he is healthy.

But yeah this game is going to be great NBA 2k10, can't wait !

[quote name='djblaze805']How were you able to get any ECA coupons to work? I tried and had no luck whatsoever on the anniversary edition.[/QUOTE]

Just make an order for the PS3 version then contact support about the coupon not working for the 360 version. I have no idea why the coupons won't apply to the 360 version. Somebody screwed up on Amazon's side.

[quote name='major morgan']I'm glad to see that some people will still get the LE despite not liking the guy. Hell, I bought 2k9 despite having KG on the cover. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

I agree. I can't stand KG, but that didn't stop me from buying the game. Besides, they can't please everyone with the cover athlete. Ever since Charles Barkley retired I've been a Tim Duncan fan, but he has all the personality of a piece of bread.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I agree. I can't stand KG, but that didn't stop me from buying the game. Besides, they can't please everyone with the cover athlete. Ever since Charles Barkley retired I've been a Tim Duncan fan, but he has all the personality of a piece of bread.[/QUOTE]

hey KG is my favorite current NBA player! He's awesome, but I do agree that ever since he went to boston he's been a bit of a twat.

How long do you think it will take for someone to sell the extras from their CE piecemeal on EBay? All I want from this is the anniversary DVD, but I don't want to pay extra for all the Kobe Bryant junk.

For those that hate Kobe like I do, just go to the NBA 2K forum on Operationsports.com. I guarantee there will be alternative covers on there, they do it all the time for MLB The Show. I've had Pujols and Wainwright covers the last two years for my copy of The Show. Hoping someone does a Chris Paul cover for this game.

In this topic: We pretend Bill Russell is way better than he actually is.

Bill Russell's career averages: 15 ppg, 22 rpg, 4 apg.
Wilt Chamberlain's career averages: 30 ppg, 22 rpg, 4 apg.

[quote name='lt_homer']
He's STILL selfish, just not as much on the court(see: the video of him being the only player on the Lakers allowed to bring his family onto the court after the title was won this year).
[/QUOTE]

Apparently you were so focused on your hate for Kobe and trying to find something that he's doing wrong to notice that other players had their wives/kids on the court too. The reason Kobe stood out is because he was the player up in front, getting ready to accept the trophy and MVP award. If you actually payed any damn attention, you'd see he wasn't the only one.

Here's a picture for you. It's not great, but you can clearly see a woman to his left, and another one behind his wife.
http://www.bennyfx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lakers-2009-nba-champion.jpg

I live in LA and all I can say is fuck all the Kobe lovers. Never EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR compare Kobe to Jordan. I am not a Jordan fan but as a basketball fan, I know he is the greatest player in NBA history and no one even comes close to what he did for the game. He might be the greatest athlete in all of sports.

But I'm getting off topic. Jordan never lost in the finals by what 30-40 points in a close out game (aka Jordan never quit during a game). Jordan never blew a 3-1 lead in a playoff series. Look at the people that do not have rings because of Michael Jordan: Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, John Stockton (and Gary Payton would have been on that list if he didn't piggy back with Miami/ Clyde Drexler and Hakeem Olajuwon may not have won rings if MJ didn't play baseball those 2 seasons).

Also, Kobe is a little diva. He has to have it his way. He wanted shaq gone (imagine how many more rings they might have won), he couldn't win after shaq left so he wanted to be traded and would not shut up about it until they got Pau (loves LA my ass), and when he was a free agent he wanted the clippers to play games in Anaheim so he didnt have to drive to the staples center (and obviously he didn't sign with the clippers).

I am not going to deny that he is top 3 in the league right now but top 3-4 of all time? hell no. Not even top 10. He might be in there but not now. All time I rank Duncan and Shaq ahead of Kobe at this point. They were the main options for 3 championships (they didnt play as big a part in their 4th because of wade/parker). Kobe was the main option for one.

Last question for all you Kobe lovers: Do you think an MJ lead team would have gone to 7 games against a depleted Rockets team w/o Yao and T-mac?

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']I live in LA and all I can say is fuck all the Kobe lovers. Never EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR compare Kobe to Jordan. I am not a Jordan fan but as a basketball fan, I know he is the greatest player in NBA history and no one even comes close to what he did for the game. He might be the greatest athlete in all of sports.

But I'm getting off topic. Jordan never lost in the finals by what 30-40 points in a close out game (aka Jordan never quit during a game). Jordan never blew a 3-1 lead in a playoff series. Look at the people that do not have rings because of Michael Jordan: Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Patrick Ewing, Karl Malone, John Stockton (and Gary Payton would have been on that list if he didn't piggy back with Miami/ Clyde Drexler and Hakeem Olajuwon may not have won rings if MJ didn't play baseball those 2 seasons).

Also, Kobe is a little diva. He has to have it his way. He wanted shaq gone (imagine how many more rings they might have won), he couldn't win after shaq left so he wanted to be traded and would not shut up about it until they got Pau (loves LA my ass), and when he was a free agent he wanted the clippers to play games in Anaheim so he didnt have to drive to the staples center (and obviously he didn't sign with the clippers).

I am not going to deny that he is top 3 in the league right now but top 3-4 of all time? hell no. Not even top 10. He might be in there but not now. All time I rank Duncan and Shaq ahead of Kobe at this point. They were the main options for 3 championships (they didnt play as big a part in their 4th because of wade/parker). Kobe was the main option for one.

Last question for all you Kobe lovers: Do you think an MJ lead team would have gone to 7 games against a depleted Rockets team w/o Yao and T-mac?[/QUOTE]

I dig some of what you saying.......but to use Kobe being a diva as part of your argument about him vs MJ is ridiculous. Michael Jordan is one of the biggest diva/douche bags in NBA history. Best player ever? Yeah he was, because of basketball not because of his actions outside of games. He is a tool, and if you don't believe me watch his recent NBA hall of fame induction speech. Still a tool.

[quote name='major morgan']Not sure why you keep saying KOLBE. I'm a Laker fan first and foremost. Was before Kobe came and will continue to be one when he's gone. Doesn't mean he can't be my favorite player either. I was actually a big fan of Shaq back during his Orlando years too. His behavior over the years has made me real indifferent about him now though.

I've been watching/following the Lakers most of my life so I do know that Shaq was the driving force that lead to his trade to Miami. Management wasn't caving to his contract demands, and Kobe was tired of Shaq's behavior and no longer wanted to play with him. Now if you're saying because the Lakers had to choose between the two and thereby "forcing" Shaq out of town, fine; but he did not force it directly.

Here is an interesting interview Kobe had with Jim Gray in 2003 regarding Shaq and Kobe's relationship. Still think Kobe was the only one tired of Shaq's antics? Management had enough too.

I'd rather have Kobe think he's MJ than LeBron who thinks he's God.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I'm so glad you're in here while I'm away. You literally speak every point I have about Kobe, Shaq, and MJ nearly verbatim. I also love talking basketball (also my favorite sport), especially when it's regarding all the ignorant Kobe haters. I don't care when people think MJ was better (which he was, at least statistically), but to say Kobe isn't great, isn't even comparable to MJ is just pure ignorance. Only casual basketball fans still hold on to the Kobe hate. If you're a true fan of basketball, you'd appreciate the guy's talent and insane work ethic.

Did anyone's ship yet?

Damn I hope the game locker kicks butt. It looks perfect for my living room next to my entertainment system. Can someone confirm that the game locker is metal and not plastic???

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Does the PS3 version get the bonus Anniversary DVD in Blu-Ray just like Batman AA?

(or is it really just a standard DVD?)[/QUOTE]
Btw, just wondering but did the PS3 version of Resident Evil 5's bonus disc come in Blu-Ray too? I just got the 360.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Btw, just wondering but did the PS3 version of Resident Evil 5's bonus disc come in Blu-Ray too? I just got the 360.[/QUOTE]

it was just standard DVD

[quote name='RoundeRx54']Did anyone's ship yet?

Damn I hope the game locker kicks butt. It looks perfect for my living room next to my entertainment system. Can someone confirm that the game locker is metal and not plastic???[/QUOTE]

I wanna know as well, I'm gonna put some nets stickers on that badboy

[quote name='DemonGamer24']Apparently you were so focused on your hate for Kobe and trying to find something that he's doing wrong to notice that other players had their wives/kids on the court too. The reason Kobe stood out is because he was the player up in front, getting ready to accept the trophy and MVP award. If you actually payed any damn attention, you'd see he wasn't the only one.

Here's a picture for you. It's not great, but you can clearly see a woman to his left, and another one behind his wife.
http://www.bennyfx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lakers-2009-nba-champion.jpg[/QUOTE]

do you see anyone else with their kids out there? you see anyone else having their kids bring "DADDY 4 MVP"
signs to home games? those two women could WORK for the lakers, you don't know who they are. i'm sure michael jordan, magic johnson and every other finals mvp has had their kids front and center to clean up their image after winning. oh wait, they didn't.

[quote name='lt_homer']do you see anyone else with their kids out there? you see anyone else having their kids bring "DADDY 4 MVP"
signs to home games? those two women could WORK for the lakers, you don't know who they are. i'm sure michael jordan, magic johnson and every other finals mvp has had their kids front and center to clean up their image after winning. oh wait, they didn't.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Funny how you say "you don't know who they are". It appears that you don't know who there are because you're too busy hating. The only guys on the team that apparently have any kids are Kobe, Fisher, Odom, Ariza and Powell. That's 5 of 14 players. Of those guys, only Kobe and Fisher are married to their children's mothers. Why were Fisher's kids not there? Who knows. But you can't expect guys to have their family on the court if they don't have one to begin with.

ceremony The championship ceremony shows that Kobe isn't the only guy with family on stage with him. At 0:26 there's a woman with a pink bag on the right side; that's Derek Fisher's wife by his side. If you look at 0:41 and you see a woman behind David Stern. That's Andrew Bynum with his mom. So yes, Kobe did have his wife and kids there; but only he and Fisher are the ones who have a wife and kids.

Your rebuttal?

[quote name='NegativeZero']is there a better deal anywhere on this?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Nothing has shown up for cheaper as of now. If you want to get it for cheaper than this, you'll have to hope that there are still some around in a few months.

[quote name='lt_homer']do you see anyone else with their kids out there? you see anyone else having their kids bring "DADDY 4 MVP"
signs to home games? those two women could WORK for the lakers, you don't know who they are. i'm sure michael jordan, magic johnson and every other finals mvp has had their kids front and center to clean up their image after winning. oh wait, they didn't.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for making my point, punk. You'll look for anything to hate on Kobe about.

In addition to that, many NBA players don't even have REAL families. They just have a ton of kids from random women that they have sex with. How do you think Magic got AIDS? Jordan was probably too busy having sex with women other than his wife to bring his family to the game.

Also, I'm pretty sure Fisher's kid was there. I think I remember seeing her while it was happening live. Anyway, I think she's like 2 or 3. She could've been with off to the side with a bodyguard or something.

Got mine today surprisingly (I used free shipping). Shipped yesterday from Deleware. Arrived in Maryland today!

The box is quite large and a bit heavy. Mine came slightly banged up. Inside is the specially numbered locker which is holding the game and all of the bonuses. My locker was unfortunately a bit scuffed up on some of the edges. I guess it's a cheap paintjob. The locker's door doesn't stay shut without the included lock which is a little silly in my opinion. I don't really have reason to lock my games up... Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the package although I still need to watch the DVD.

I haven't played the game yet and might not get a chance until this weekend, but I'm probably the wrong person to ask for a review anyway. I haven't played an NBA game since probably Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside on the N64 back in the day!

My locker looks like shit. It has tiny circular dents all over the place and the damn nba 2k10 sticker is stuck on crooked. There are also sharp parts where they welded it together.

edit: those dents are where they stuck the parts together. IE the hinges and the place you put the lock. This thing is a piece of garbage. If all the lockers look similar to mine, stay the hell away from the anniversary collection.

I saw a picture of someone else's locker and it looks the same as mine. Guess my expectations were too high.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']I'm a sucker for collector editions, this thing looks great. Its too bad they went with Kobe, because with him in it, its a definite pass for me. Kobe is a douche.[/QUOTE]

I second that. Id rather have a Chris Kaman poster on my wall than a Kobe one.

Can anyone confirm if the actual videogame (case and disc) from the Anniversary Edition is the same than the regular one retailing everywhere for $60?
If it is the same indeed, I'm wondering how the Anniversary Edition exclusive "Access to the Gold Room, NBA 2k10's VIP online lobby" is being handled?
Thx!

bread's done
Back