NBA 2K11 - General Discussion & Info

[quote name='freshzen']Is this game a flop? I heard its basically 2k10, which is funny because when 2k10 came out everyone was saying how it just wasn't a good year, and they basically made no real improvements. Glad I'm not a sports fan.[/QUOTE]

Wow, what a tool. The game isn't even out yet, dumbass. Who the hell could possibly tell you "it's basically 2k10"? How bout this...if you're not a sports fan, don't comment on sports games. Because you just end up looking stupid.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, what a tool. The game isn't even out yet, dumbass. Who the hell could possibly tell you "it's basically 2k10"? How bout this...if you're not a sports fan, don't comment on sports games. Because you just end up looking stupid.[/QUOTE]

The demo is out, smartass. And I heard its basically 2k10.

[quote name='freshzen']The demo is out, smartass. And I heard its basically 2k10.[/QUOTE]

Yes, because you can tell everything about a game from one five minute quarter, being forced to play as one team, not being able to see any of the new features...

Also, you referred to the game...not the demo.

[quote name='freshzen']Is this game a flop? I heard its basically 2k10[/QUOTE]
Stupid is as stupid does
:dunce:

I really liked the demo, and after playing it, I might be using my Reach $20 bonus towards preordering this. For those who aren't aware, amazon is offering a $10 credit for preordering this.

I have nothing against the Live/Elite series but I cant take it seriously until they change the player models.

Seriously, they look like ing cartoon characters. I know for a fact that Live/Elite has made big strides but until they change the models I cant even look at it.

Agreed. To me, that almost looks like PS2. Seriously, I was recently playing 2K8 on my 360 and I think those graphics are better.

I haven't played an NBA 2K game since 2K2 for the Dreamcast. Oddly enough NBA 2K1 for the Dreamcast is my favorite basketball game of all time. With that being said, I noticed the fixed camera angle is side to side instead of top and bottom. Is that the default view for these next gen 2K games?

Would be down for a league for sure, as long as the leagues are actually working. Last time, we couldn't even get one game in. I'm in a league now though in 2k10 and everything's running really well. Jordan mode will be a blast.

[quote name='Kendro']I haven't played an NBA 2K game since 2K2 for the Dreamcast. Oddly enough NBA 2K1 for the Dreamcast is my favorite basketball game of all time. With that being said, I noticed the fixed camera angle is side to side instead of top and bottom. Is that the default view for these next gen 2K games?[/QUOTE]

It's been the default view on the 360, I think since 2K7. Main reason was there is MASSIVE lag if you use the old 2K style camera online. Plus since Live and now Elite use that camera I guess they wanted to be different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah nearly every sports game nowadays are using the same angle you see when you watch an actual game on tv. The original camera angle is still in there though, along with a dozen other camera angles.

[quote name='matto1233']I really liked the demo, and after playing it, I might be using my Reach $20 bonus towards preordering this. For those who aren't aware, amazon is offering a $10 credit for preordering this.[/QUOTE]
Only for NBA Elite 11, unfortunately.

Luckily, I preordered mine way back in April. Amazon was selling it for $50 then.

[quote name='eddie291']Yeah nearly every sports game nowadays are using the same angle you see when you watch an actual game on tv. The original camera angle is still in there though, along with a dozen other camera angles.

Only for NBA Elite 11, unfortunately.

Luckily, I preordered mine way back in April. Amazon was selling it for $50 then.[/QUOTE]
No, there's a $10 credit for this one, too.
Yeah, there is.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846
Scroll down to "Special Offers and Product Promotions"

Well I'm glad to be proven wrong. Thanks for the heads up there.

Its strange how they don't show it front and center like on the NBA Elite page.

[quote name='eddie291']Well I'm glad to be proven wrong. Thanks for the heads up there.

Its strange how they don't show it front and center like on the NBA Elite page.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is kinda misleading. I was kinda on the fence until I saw that and played the demo. I then preordered.

So, I just went to play the demo, and, um... how is this possible?

1020228.jpg

I tried 5 times, and each time, i got that message when I hit A on the screen after the title screen.

man.. tried the elite demo last night... something just didnt feel right. it felt like an old run and gun bball game. It took me a while to just figure out how to pass..

2k all the way

lol at gamestop and EA. "order NBA Elite 11 and get the Jordan Brand Boost PacK!!" god help em for trying. get nba 2k11 with MJ in all his greatness with every shoe....or elite with a pair Jordan XI's

eddie,matt,pitfallharry,soodmeg \o

I'd be down for a cag nba 2k11 league as well, gotta claim the magic if we're allowed to claim now...eddie owes me some vengeance smackdowns with his heat after our recent madden league turnout. and i guarantee he's going to kick my ass (which an ass kicking is well deserved.)

[quote name='CelticSooner']Any good deals out there? I did a search and all I came up with is this thread.[/QUOTE]
So far, both Amazon and Walmart are offering $10 credit(in Amazon's case, its $10 video game credit; Walmart's is a $10 gift card for the entire site but online only).

So Amazon seems like a better deal since most folks here don't need to pay tax.
[quote name='siradam134']eddie,matt,pitfallharry,soodmeg \o

I'd be down for a cag nba 2k11 league as well, gotta claim the magic if we're allowed to claim now...eddie owes me some vengeance smackdowns with his heat after our recent madden league turnout. and i guarantee he's going to kick my ass (which an ass kicking is well deserved.)[/QUOTE]
lol, I'm looking forward to it then. :D

seriously though, let bygones be bygones.

[quote name='sublime90']lol at gamestop and EA. "order NBA Elite 11 and get the Jordan Brand Boost PacK!!" god help em for trying. get nba 2k11 with MJ in all his greatness with every shoe....or elite with a pair Jordan XI's[/QUOTE]
I just find it funny. Look at their videos and they're really pushing the Jordan brand, despite the fact that 2K got the man himself promoting their game.

And 2k11 has all of the Jordans?? Jordan 1s and 3s for me please:whee:

So, no one else got the dirty disc error that makes no sense since there's no disc involved? I deleted and will re-download the demo and see if that works.

[quote name='Matt Young']So, no one else got the dirty disc error that makes no sense since there's no disc involved? I deleted and will re-download the demo and see if that works.[/QUOTE]

Used to happen on my old xbox dude. It eventually just locked up during games every 5 minutes, but it wouldn't ever die. I just rrod'd it and sent it in. Sorry for the bad news

The thing is, I've never gotten a dirty disc error with any other game except 2-3 times with Reach. I hope my console doesn't red ring again... It's done it twice, both while I was playing COD4, the last time being over 2 years ago.

EDIT: Re-downloaded; same issue. The Elite demo works fine. How odd.

[quote name='eddie291']I just find it funny. Look at their videos and they're really pushing the Jordan brand, despite the fact that 2K got the man himself promoting their game.

And 2k11 has all of the Jordans?? Jordan 1s and 3s for me please:whee:[/QUOTE]

thats right 2K has ALL the Jordans. i like the Jordan 6's myself. as far as the cag league goes i deff want in and if we can call teams now Pistons! and yes it has to be a fantasy draft.

[quote name='CelticSooner']Any good deals out there? I did a search and all I came up with is this thread.[/QUOTE]

KMart will have a gaming coupon good towards a future purchase (likely worth $10-$25) that will be announced next week in the KMart thread that's stickied in the deals forum. Other than that, it's the $10 credit Walmart.com and Amazon.com are offering.

Preordered today. Last time I did 3-5 day shipping, I ended up getting it on release day anyway, hopefully that's the case with this because as a die-hard Bulls fan I am so psyched to play this.

i pre ordered a few weeks ago through Amazon. dont forget with amazon there only charging $0.99 for street day delivery. with my $10 credit and early pre order im only paying $47 for this game. the first thing im going to do is jump straight into Jordan Challenge.

[quote name='MSUHitman']KMart will have a gaming coupon good towards a future purchase (likely worth $10-$25) that will be announced next week in the KMart thread that's stickied in the deals forum. Other than that, it's the $10 credit Walmart.com and Amazon.com are offering.[/QUOTE]

For anyone interested, the coupon at K-Mart was revealed to be a $20 coupon for a future purchase when you grab 2k11 there.

[quote name='guyver2077']Epic Win..

Nba Elite delayed.. lol

Nba Jam will launch as seperate product in time for holidays.. win win

http://www.easports.com/blogs/itsin...-week-xbox-360-and-ps3-coming-before-holidays[/QUOTE]

Wow...that's hilarious. They say "delayed", but the way they talk about updating NBA Live 10 for the entire season makes it sound like Elite 11 won't even exist. I don't see the sense in releasing the game in January...because then when it's time to release NBA Elite 12 next October, everyone is going to be calling it a roster update. Unless EA is that confident they can get people to double dip in January AND October, it would make the most sense to just cancel this year and make Elite 12 that much better. Pretty crazy that they had to get as far as releasing a demo before realizing the game was crap though.

[quote name='sublime90']i pre ordered a few weeks ago through Amazon. dont forget with amazon there only charging $0.99 for street day delivery. with my $10 credit and early pre order im only paying $47 for this game. the first thing im going to do is jump straight into Jordan Challenge.[/QUOTE]
The $.99 delivery is for every new release? I thought it was only for select ones.

my guess they cancel elite altogether this year.. i mean what would be the point on releasing later on.. especially when 2k11 is going to just run supreme with no initial competition...

[quote name='seen']New video in OP showing a few Jordan moments and teams he plays against; looks good![/QUOTE]

the new jordan vid looks awesome but it feels really weird to me seeing him in any uniform other than the Bulls. next tuesday i can't wait!

[quote name='sublime90']the new jordan vid looks awesome but it feels really weird to me seeing him in any uniform other than the Bulls. next tuesday i can't wait![/QUOTE]

My question is, when you move Jordan to another team, is the game going to give a big F-U to whatever player wears #23 on that team and change his number automatically? Or is it going to give Michael Jordan #37 and make you fix it yourself?

I think the only issue with #23 jersey would be if you added Jordan to the Suns; but then again you're Jordan.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']My question is, when you move Jordan to another team, is the game going to give a big F-U to whatever player wears #23 on that team and change his number automatically? Or is it going to give Michael Jordan #37 and make you fix it yourself?[/QUOTE]

There should be an unwritten rule in basketball for a player to never wear #23.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']My question is, when you move Jordan to another team, is the game going to give a big F-U to whatever player wears #23 on that team and change his number automatically? Or is it going to give Michael Jordan #37 and make you fix it yourself?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you can edit it.

I don't know how it'll be in Jordan's version of MyPlayer. I'm guessing, since you start out as a rookie and the legend of Jordan doesn't exist yet(since you're supposed to create it and everything), that you'll get swapped to another number if another player has it.

Personally, the only other team I'm going to try to get him on is the Blazers. Since him playing for Portland is a legitimate what-if.

I re-downloaded the 2K11 demo for the third time. It has worked a grand total of once out of 10+ tries. This sucks.

The Elite demo works, as do all others I have downloaded. I actually liked what I played of the Elite demo, even if it was just the tutorials. The similarity to NHL 11 was a plus, although shooting doesn't work quite as well as in NHL.

Also, any word on a league? I just want to know for sure if we're having one and, if so, how things will work. That will determine whether or not I wait to purchase 2K11. As I said, it'd be nice to play as the Bulls.

Man I was going to hold off on this game for a few months and just play Jam on my Wii but I don't know if I can wait.....the Jordan mode just looks awesome. ARGH what to do!!!

yeah i really want a CAG league even if i have to create the thing myself. just make sure you have your 2ksports accounts created because if the leagues are anything like 2K10's you'll need to use there website to queue up your games

[quote name='screwkick']NBA elite 11, the game that never was...[/QUOTE]

Skip to 3:00, I could not stop laughing at this part.

[youtube]FLPGDyE5pEE[/youtube]

Yeah so let's start organizing. So far, here's the people who are interested and posted(in order of posts along with preferred teams):
[CAG username - preferred team - preferred roster]

Matt Young - Chicago Bulls - (real?)
eddie291 - Miami Heat - fantasy
Guyver2077 - Miami Heat - ?
matto1233 - Oklahoma City Thunder - fantasy
thamaster24 - ? - ?
siradam134 - Orlando Magic - ?
sublime90 - Detroit Pistons - ?
doomtime - Sacramento Kings - real
venom(via PM) - Boston Celtics - ?

So 8 guys so far(correct me if i missed anyone). Also we should probably vote on what kind of rosters(fantasy or real).

bread's done
Back