NBA 2K5 League: Where we're always behind in the OP

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Apologies for holding everyone up. I'm contacting RandyTsai right now.[/quote]

hey its all good, if you can't get ahold of him, you up for getting our football game played?

edit: i should be able to play now, but it all depends on my lunch plans with my family.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I just PMed him. Can we play at 1pmEST?[/quote]

hey man, sorry about not replying, but i just got home from lunch and other things. hit me up again when you are able to play

Alright.

Friendly bump for RandyTsai (MEM). Haven't been able to catch you on AIM and I sent you a PM a while ago. Hope we can get our game in so we can move onto the next week. Thanks.

[quote name='Mistik']Gomer, sorry I left during our game but I was getting tired and it was lagging like crazy.[/quote]

Its cool dude, we can play some other time when you're on.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Alright.

Friendly bump for RandyTsai (MEM). Haven't been able to catch you on AIM and I sent you a PM a while ago. Hope we can get our game in so we can move onto the next week. Thanks.[/quote]

Just woke up. I'm ready to play so give me a pm.

Hay SteveMcQ, Im trying to contact you on xbox live, but i guess ure not getting the messages. Im going to take off to lunch, so im me at randytsai in an hr or 2.

Yeah, sorry...that's my fault. I had an NFL game scheduled and it got delayed. I couldn't message you back since you're not on my Friends list. And you'd already signed off when I put in NBA. craven said you could play at 6...I'll leave AIM up. Thanks.

Game played. Great game RandyTsai. Another overtime thriller for me.

BTW, could we bump up the difficulty next league? The outside shooting is getting a bit ridiculous. Thanks.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Game played. Great game RandyTsai. Another overtime thriller for me.

BTW, could we bump up the difficulty next league? The outside shooting is getting a bit ridiculous. Thanks.[/quote]

I second that.......just like my posts before have said lol.

[quote name='gomer1andonly'][quote name='SteveMcQ']Game played. Great game RandyTsai. Another overtime thriller for me.

BTW, could we bump up the difficulty next league? The outside shooting is getting a bit ridiculous. Thanks.[/quote]

I second that.......just like my posts before have said lol.[/quote]

Yeah, I know. I'm just a fresh victim of it so I have to spout out now.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Free pass for Indiana to the league playoffs?[/quote]

Hmmm........I'll second that only cause you'll still have to deal with me or ChrisStrife when you get there.

[quote name='gomer1andonly'][quote name='SteveMcQ']Free pass for Indiana to the league playoffs?[/quote]

Hmmm........I'll second that only cause you'll still have to deal with me or ChrisStrife when you get there.[/quote]

yeah sorry about that guys. i'll definitely have it on hall of fame difficulty. i will set that league up in the middle of April.

oh yeah, just advanced the week

i am game to play just about any time this week, so just drop me a pm dude and we'll get our game in.

I just played Randy. It was a close game until the last 3 minutes, again, and then my guys apparently decided to play with their balls rather than play basketball.

I only lost by 7 this time instead of 11 like the last 2 games, but if I have one more fourth quarter implosion (or fall victim to another 3 off the fast break) I'm putting a gun to my head.

As for the next league, how is hall of Fame difficulty? I had only played on Pro since that's what I use in my Bulls franchise (well, all 6 games I've played) but it sucks online. I played on All-Star and that seemed more realistic, but I don't know if I could handle HoF, 2 levels up.

On a closing note... my record's beginning tp look like Craven's. :(

EDIT: If it's allowed, I'd like to call Minesota for the next league. The Wolves and Bulls have always been my favorite teams, but the Bulls suck in this game so I'd like to play as Minnesota. I need all the help I can get. Besides, I'm used to playing as them online and with friends.

[quote name='Matt Young'] On a closing note... my record's beginning tp look like Craven's. :([/quote]

oh trust me man, my record is getting ready to turn around, or atleast have a shot at it as my team enters a stretch run against the bottom(well above me atleast) of the league. i have been playing well, but like most, my team seems to go to hell in the 4th quarter. just about every game, except for rich's(2nd game every played in NBA 2k5) and chris's(no ones been close), i've been in it until the 4th quarter showed up, then good bye nash and richardson and hello brick city.

[quote name='Matt Young']That's exactly how it is with me and Detroit, except of course it's Billups and Rasheed that go cold. What is it with the 4th quarter?[/quote]

i wish i knew, i wish i knew. well not only do my 3 point guys go cold, but my post guys (marion and stoudemaire) can't hit anything in the paint. and don't even get me started on Joe "Every Shot I Take Is A Brick" Johnson

doh!!! the only reason why I didn't choose twolves and took the kings in this league is because of the Pro difficulty :( I didn't want to get drained 3s on.

looks like matt and I will have to fight for this :p

Gomer can vouch that I love KG hehe

A quick question for you guys. Are you playing the PS2 or XBOX version? Or does it even matter which version you have? Cause I'm interested in joining the next league if I could, but I have the PS2 version.

[quote name='btw1217']A quick question for you guys. Are you playing the PS2 or XBOX version? Or does it even matter which version you have? Cause I'm interested in joining the next league if I could, but I have the PS2 version.[/quote]

This league is for the Xbox version (which is why its in the Xbox discussion forum :wink: ). It does matter which version you have since you cant play people on different consoles. You could always try starting a thread to see if people in the PS2 forum have the game and would want a league.

[quote name='gomer1andonly'][quote name='btw1217']A quick question for you guys. Are you playing the PS2 or XBOX version? Or does it even matter which version you have? Cause I'm interested in joining the next league if I could, but I have the PS2 version.[/quote]

This league is for the Xbox version (which is why its in the Xbox discussion forum :wink: ). It does matter which version you have since you cant play people on different consoles. You could always try starting a thread to see if people in the PS2 forum have the game and would want a league.[/quote]

:oops: Wow, I didn't even notice its in the XBOX Discussion forum, lol. Wish I had an XBOX, cause I'd love to join the league. Anyway, thanks for the answer! :)

Ok speaking of the next league, we'll call this season over after the last regular season game and just consider this a practice season.

as for teams for the next league heres who has called so far:

matt young/maxflight- T Wolves
craven_fiend- Suns/Heat
gomer- rockets
steve- pacers
rich- cavaliers

matt and max will have a play in game between the twolves and twolves to determine who gets them

I'd like to call out the Pacers, but what's the status on the online rosters? Am I gonna have Stephen Jackson back? I have no guys that can get their own shot and it's killing me in the league, though hopefully the higher difficulty will fix the abundance of outside shooting. JO is useless as of now.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'd like to call out the Pacers, but what's the status on the online rosters? Am I gonna have Stephen Jackson back? I have no guys that can get their own shot and it's killing me in the league, though hopefully the higher difficulty will fix the abundance of outside shooting. JO is useless as of now.[/quote]

if he was back before the trade dead line, then he should be on the newest roster out. larlee was telling me that the boston roster has walker on it, so you should be good

Good deal. I call Pacers then. But knowing the team's luck this year, the newest update will probably have JO out for the rest of the season. Bleh.

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='SteveMcQ']I'd like to call out the Pacers, but what's the status on the online rosters? Am I gonna have Stephen Jackson back? I have no guys that can get their own shot and it's killing me in the league, though hopefully the higher difficulty will fix the abundance of outside shooting. JO is useless as of now.[/quote]

if he was back before the trade dead line, then he should be on the newest roster out. larlee was telling me that the boston roster has walker on it, so you should be good[/quote]

Yes and having walker in instead of lafrentz is a big boost for me. I'll keep the celts for the next league

great game magilacudy. Stupid Houston gettin' 50 points instead of 51 on that last TWO pointer. :(

In my 3 losses, I've lost by a combined 5 points.

[quote name='RandyTsai']i got boston for the next league if they are not taken[/quote]

I called them about 3 posts up from yours

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='RandyTsai']i got boston for the next league if they are not taken[/quote]

I called them about 3 posts up from yours[/quote]

Didn't see that. i'll take the bulls then if they are still around

good game stevemcq, haha or at least for your team...man talk about complete dominance. That goes to show, never judge a team by a record. I really underestimated you cuz of it, and I got completely worked.... ](*,)

I guess my streak had to end sometime, yea losing in the league is tough to swallow, especially when you've been on a hot streak. Ah the agony of defeat hurts, but hey that's what's great about league play cuz it makes winning so much more sweeter.

Thanks. There were some horribly unlucky breaks for both of us. I don't know how many times a player stepped out of bounds in that game. Just little things in this game that are starting to annoy me. As usual, I couldn't stop the star player again.

I kept laughing when you kept fouling 'cause I thought you had class in a few minutes. Didn't want you to be late for it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Thanks. There were some horribly unlucky breaks for both of us. I don't know how many times a player stepped out of bounds in that game. Just little things in this game that are starting to annoy me. As usual, I couldn't stop the star player again.

I kept laughing when you kept fouling 'cause I thought you had class in a few minutes. Didn't want you to be late for it.[/quote]

haha yea, unfortunately you were able to stop the rest of the team, hehe. Fouling you was the only chance i had since u were struggling, that is of course til miller was gettin the ball. I was right on time for class tho, bout 1 min before class started :D

After playing a game against Gomer yesterday on Hall of Fame difficulty, I realized that if the next league is on HoF, I might as well throw in the towel. I couldn't do shit.

[quote name='Rich']Can I switch to Sacramento? (for next season)[/quote]

it depends if the current "owner" wants to retain them or not. which i think also depends on who gets minnesota.

[quote name='craven_fiend'][quote name='Rich']Can I switch to Sacramento? (for next season)[/quote]

it depends if the current "owner" wants to retain them or not. which i think also depends on who gets minnesota.[/quote]

I thought the point of this was to switch up teams?

bread's done
Back