NBA Street Homecourt (360) Thread - DLC IS OUT

I thought this next gen version looked pretty sweet. Won't get it at launch, but it will eventually be in my collection.

[quote name='akilshohen']I'm mainly talking about the presentation. But I bet someone can run off the backboard in real life anyways.[/QUOTE]

He does a lap around the hoop after getting 20 feet of air. The presentation looks pretty similar to what it's always looked like.

[quote name='CAG 79']Does anyone know if Bobbito is going to be doing the commentary on this one?[/QUOTE]
I hope not. This game does look crazy though. I did prefer the second one over the third. I will still get this at launch.

[quote name='akilshohen']not compared to vol 2. Vol 2 just seemed all around better to me. I just couldn't really get into vol 3[/quote]

although i liked volume 3, i did get tired of it a lot quicker than vol. 2

good thing EA said they focused on making homecourt similar to vol. 2 the most :D

[quote name='swetooth9']holy crapola...gotta check that out[/quote]

Crap...I was hoping to hold out for a price drop but if the demo is good, might have the urge to pick it up sooner.

Downloading demo right now. This is the only Basketball game other then Nba Jam on Genesis that I ever liked and looks really good from what I seen so far.

Wow, the gamebreakers are better than ever now and the new tricks are awesome. The graphics kind of leave something to be desired but I've been aching for a new NBA Street game so this will suit me just fine.

[quote name='Sporadic']NBA Street Homecourt demo is up.

509.82 MBs[/QUOTE]sweeeet, I'll definitely set that off after work. Funny thing is, I never had any interest in playing or watching actual basketball, but I've always enjoyed NBA Jam. Then, years later, the inclusion of Mario characters and the Beastie Boys got me to check out v3 on the GameCube, and I really enjoyed that. So my interest is really piqued for this new game!

Downloaded it, played it, loved it. Really easy to pick up and play. X steals, right trigger runs, B shoots. X and Y are the trick buttons. Run up to the goal, hold Y and hit B. Sometimes you'll see a meter pop up, hold B until the meter fills up for a huge trick. The teammate moves are awesome. (never played any of the street games so I don't know if this is a new addition or not) After seeing NBA 2K7, as the guy above said, the graphcis leave a little to be desired. I wouldn't pick this up for $59.99, but i'd bite at $39.99. It's fun as hell.

fun fun game...definitely getting this game at launch; i've played all 3 street games and i'm definitely getting this one as well

demo didnt really seem that much fun at first, but once i got comfortable with the controls (B is block instead of Y...weird), i was having a helluva time

i guess this game will be even more fun with the full version b/c there's a practice mode so you can see which button combos (modifiers + X or Y) do what type of move without having opposing players trying to swipe at the ball in a real game

i must've played the demo around 25 times now and it get's more deep and fun each time

How do you do game breakers? I've gotten my meter to fill up, and I don't know how now. Anyways, other than that, prior to the DEMO I would have gotten the game but I think I am no longer going to get it at launch.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']How do you do game breakers? I've gotten my meter to fill up, and I don't know how now. Anyways, other than that, prior to the DEMO I would have gotten the game but I think I am no longer going to get it at launch.[/QUOTE]
When you fill up your meter a shining circle appears at mid court. Go in it press Y and it activates the game breaker.
I thought the demo was pretty good. Graphics are nice and once I got the controllers that it was fun. Some of the dunks are CRAZY.

I'm a fan of the dunk meter, but I don't really like the double dunks. I imagine that will be exploited alot online in the first few weeks. It is easier to block the shot though the longer they hold the B button down.

[quote name='mr ryles']I'm a fan of the dunk meter, but I don't really like the double dunks. I imagine that will be exploited alot online in the first few weeks. It is easier to block the shot though the longer they hold the B button down.[/quote]

well, if it makes you feel any better, i believe that the dunk meter can be turned off online (and offline if you play on hard mode), making it more of a skill to double dunk

and i agree taht it's easy to block (just like all other street games) but i really like the new addition EA made - now you have to actually be in front of the goal...if you try to jump for a block near the rim, you will get hit on the head....love this addition

after playing the demo even more (probably about 40 times now - no exagerration), i can almost do whatever i want whenever i want...the Difficulty is almost guaranteed to be on "easy" or at highest "medium," so i expect more of a challenge from the retail version

I think the difficulty on the demo is set on medium. I don't remember getting my ball stolen or my tricks interrupted so many times in the previous two games.

I loved the other two and this one is the same great gameplay. I hate basketball but just like the other two i may just pick this up. The graphics are good but the players are small though

game of the month this month in game informer

oh yea, and for all of you who liked vol. 2 the best (including me), volume 4 was built from the ground up based on the best aspects of street 1, 2, and 3...

and after playing the demo 55+ times since the demo's release on the marketplace, this game gets better and better

I didn't like v3 too much, but I can't put the demo down. It's insanely addictive, especially considering the demo only consists of two teams and one court. Can't wait for the release.

[quote name='oasisboy']How do you perform a double dunk? I need help on that![/quote]

you know how to do a regular dunk, right? well, when you attempt a regular dunk, hold down the B button and there is a little meter/bar over your player

hold down the B button until the meter fills all the way to the end, then release it...don't hold on too long though or you will mess up and end up with your face in the backboard or your foot in the rim, nice risk/reward opportunity

Achievements Released, Pretty easy.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/home/showachievements.php?type=Retail&gameID=201

Freaked 40
Reach Level 5 In Homecourt Challenge Mode

Named 50
Reach Level 10 in Homecourt Challenge Mode

Ash Park Champ 50
Complete The Ash Park Tournament In Homecourt Challenge Mode

Online Showdown 30
Play 10 Games Online

Dialing Long Distance 50
Complete 7 Successful Long Distance Shots In A Single Game

Dunkalicious 50
Perform 5 Successful Jump-Off Dunks In A Single Game

Doubling Up 50
Perform 3 Successful Double Dunks In A Single Game

Tricked Out 50
Perform 10 Successful Trick Moves In A Single Game

GB Insanity 50
Perform 4 Gamebreakers In A Single Game

Ultimate Finish 50
Win A Game With A Gamebreaker

Seeing Double 60
Level Up 2 Different Created Ballers To Level 10

Rupert Bell Champ 70
Complete The Rupert Bell Tournament In Homecourt Challenge Mode

King of the Court 70
Win 10 consecutive games in Online

Mastered 80
Reach Level 15 In Homecourt Challenge Mode

Cloverdale Champ 100
Complete The Cloverdale Tournament In Homecourt Challenge Mode

Ultimate Journey 150
Complete The Homecourt Challenge Mode

i miss

604455.jpg

nbaj_1.png

NBA_Jam.png

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']haha, I'd be interested, but none of these leagues ever seem to finish[/quote]

yea, i'[m thinking more of a tourney

[quote name='propeller_head']i miss

604455.jpg
[/quote]
OH MY HE'S ON FIRE!

lol, that game kicked ass - Street is looking pretty badass right now as well.

BTW - can anyone tell me how you do different tricks? Still haven't figured it out.

rb and lb are modifiers

anyone ever play nba jam on xbox 1? it was pretty damn good for a 5 dollar buy.
021481403159-500x500.JPG

and there wasnt live play, just dlc.

millertime: LB and RB are modifiers for both tricks and dunks...in adddition, tapping, holding for a little bit, and holding for a long time produces different tricks and dunks as well

and yea, nba jam was awesome

bread's done
Back