Need help with Dark Souls Collector's Edition

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']another thing about bestbuy anyone get their reward zone pts i never seem to get them even tho i put it in the order[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']yeah this whole reward zone pts online thing is total scam i never get my pts??? it works in store but online it never counts?[/QUOTE]

Online orders never seem to automatically add them to your pending points balance. Just shoot them a quick e-mail with your information from the shipment and they'll add them. Had always worked for me.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I am a little disappointed in the CE. I would have rather had the mini guide in paper, than the art book. Oh, well I have no right to be disappointed, as it cost the same as the regular edition.

Did anyone else end up with a gluey mess when they removed the two end stickers from their CE sleeve. I tried the old nail polish trick, but no luck. That is the same shit EB uses (though I am told EB has changed theirs to be better).[/QUOTE]
try goo gone maybe?

[quote name='Shinn23']Online orders never seem to automatically add them to your pending points balance. Just shoot them a quick e-mail with your information from the shipment and they'll add them. Had always worked for me.[/QUOTE]
cool! but what did you mean by email shipping information? is this the get missing points? or a form? or an actually compose mail email? helpp lol because the missing points thing is bs i got denied because i didnt know what date they wanted ... ima noob!

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']try goo gone maybe?

cool! but what did you mean by email shipping information? is this the get missing points? or a form? or an actually compose mail email? helpp lol because the missing points thing is bs i got denied because i didnt know what date they wanted ... ima noob![/QUOTE]

What I usually do is go to the Best Buy Reward Zone website and send them an e-mail from there. Choose the "Points Balance" for the question. Log into your Best Buy account and find the order from whatever they shipped you. On the invoice there should be a "Global Contract ID" somewhere on the form. They need that and the total before taxes.

[quote name='djsaiyan']To anyone having trouble getting the CE content from Namco, a little Googling will turn up alternate download options.

It's not stealing if it was free to begin with. :p[/QUOTE]

I downloaded a pdf of the miniguide and they seem to have worked extra hard to make it tough to print on paper. It's not that helpful anyway though, unless you want beginning area maps, which kind of defeats the spirit of a game like this. I can see wanting to have a resource in case you get completely stumped or want to "perfect" the game on a second playthrough.

[quote name='Shinn23']What I usually do is go to the Best Buy Reward Zone website and send them an e-mail from there. Choose the "Points Balance" for the question. Log into your Best Buy account and find the order from whatever they shipped you. On the invoice there should be a "Global Contract ID" somewhere on the form. They need that and the total before taxes.[/QUOTE]
thanks!

Well, I managed to finally drive and pick up my copy after a couple days of back and forth with Purolator (Best Buy sent the game to my PO box via courier. Awesome) and my copy's crushed. One side of the case is caved in, the top half is warped, and I hear plastic debris skittering around inside of it. It's not like I can get an exchange with the CE being sold out everywhere, either. fucking Best Buy. I'm waiting a little while so I can compose a more level-headed email to them without various forms of the word fuck in every sentence, but I don't know what I'm going to accomplish.

Just got an email from Futureshop. They can't get any copies of the Collectors Edition so they gave me a code for $30 off the regular edition.

I honestly think $30 off the regular is a better deal than the contents in the CE for $60.

[quote name='Afrodiziak']Just got an email from Futureshop. They can't get any copies of the Collectors Edition so they gave me a code for $30 off the regular edition.

I honestly think $30 off the regular is a better deal than the contents in the CE for $60.[/QUOTE]

I got the same and I have to agree. As nice as the packaging would be, I was expecting an e-mail and a $10 off coupon, so this definitely delivered as a good apology for overbooking.

Dear Valued Customer:

On your recent visit to futureshop.ca, you made a pre-order purchase of Dark Souls: Collector's Edition. Due to insufficient quantities sent by our vendor, we are unable to fulfill your order.

Futureshop.ca strives to provide accurate and up-to-date information and the best online shopping experience for our customers but occasionally, errors do occur.

As a token of appreciation for your support, please accept a free Future Shop e-certificate that will be valid for 50% off of the regular edition of Dark Souls (e-certificate value is $30). You can use this certificate towards either the XBOX 360 or Playstation 3 version of the game (Web ID: 10171364 or 10171365, respectively). We are expecting to receive additional stock of these titles on October 11. This certificate can only be used at our online store, and will be valid until its expiry date on Oct 24, 2011.

This is perfect for me. I have no interest in the CE so I will gladly take this as a replacement. :)

I got the coupon code offer and a shipping notice for the CE from Future Shop. Did you guys get both emails? I'll have to check my credit card later.

Looks like the CE isn't the only thing they dropped the ball on.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on October 04 2011

Future Press "Dark Souls the Official Guide Hardcover"
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/3869930489

Still want it? We'll keep on trying. You'll still be able to cancel at any time before we ship it. If you want to cancel the item now, please click the link below:

If there are other items in your order, they'll be shipped according to the delivery estimates listed in the order details in "Your Account" (www.amazon.ca/your-account).

You can access this order by clicking the "Your Account" button in the upper right corner of any page at Amazon.ca. Once there, you can make changes to unshipped orders, cancel unshipped items, track shipped packages, modify your account settings, and do much more. For more information about your order, please visit the following page:

http://www.amazon.ca/your-account/

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.ca - we hope to see you again!

Mrrrrrrrrrrrrr. What a gong show the release of this game turned out to be.

Figures, the first time in years I decide buying a physical strategy guide might be a good idea and this happens. lol.

aw looks like my CE won't show up till Tuesday despite canada post getting it Thursday.
2011/10/0620:07MISSISSAUGA Item picked up by Canada Post
all of probably less than a 2 hour drive away. amazon free shipping + holiday weekend ordered it on july 23.

^
Thanks for that. Switched my order over to .com

Wound up costing me $5 more to get it before my .ca order is expected to even ship.

Money well spent, imo.

It looks like Amazon is sold out of the guide, so I guess I'm going to try and nab one at Gamestop. From what I've heard about demand in the U.S. this particular guide is going quick, so fair warning to anyone who doesn't already have one on the way that you may want to act fast.

Perhaps more importantly though, if you miss out on the guide, don't waste money buying it from someone trying to make a quick buck off of it. Future Press has said that if it sells out they're going to be printing more of them.

[quote name='JGonspy']

Perhaps more importantly though, if you miss out on the guide, don't waste money buying it from someone trying to make a quick buck off of it. Future Press has said that if it sells out they're going to be printing more of them.[/QUOTE]

If only Namco had the same policy with the CEs.

Ah well! I got everything but the steel tin and artbook anyway. *shrug*

Has anyone able to grab a copy of the strategy guide anywhere in Canada? It seems like they're as rare / limited print as the Collector's Edition.

I have it preordered at Gamestop last week. Said they'll get it tomorrow but now it's not showing up on their website at all

Bookdepository, Amazon.ca and .com also don't have any stock :cry:

[quote name='evantrees']could just order it from amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3869930527/ref=ox_ya_os_product
still the cheaper price for some reason after shipping + import fees and what not comes to about $23 or $24[/QUOTE]

It's out of stock at amazon.com. It's been OOS for a good couple of weeks now too.

I did find stock at the gamestop in the US. I don't know if I should drive down for the weekend just to pick up the guide or just wait for it on Black Friday. Hmmm....

I really want the guide. I always get the strategy guides for RPG's and go through it after I beat the game at least once without it, just to see the stuff I missed. Seems like this would be a good companion for Dark Souls.

[quote name='gill2k']It's out of stock at amazon.com. It's been OOS for a good couple of weeks now too.
[/QUOTE]

Not true. I ordered mine from .com on October 8th, I got it on Tuesday.

Local gamestop didn't get their shipment of the guide today. I'll try one of the amazon sites and see if they'll get shipped the next couple of days.

edit: Bookdepository via amazon.ca says it's in stock I'll give that a try. $13 total incl. shipping. Time to cancel gamestop preorder

[quote name='gill2k']edit: Bookdepository via amazon.ca says it's in stock I'll give that a try. $13 total incl. shipping. Time to cancel gamestop preorder[/QUOTE]

There's GOT to be a catch. Can we cancel marketplace purchases at any time?

[quote name='djsaiyan']Not true. I ordered mine from .com on October 8th, I got it on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Ordered on a Sunday, received the Tuesday after a long weekend?

That's uncanny!

Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Futureshop sent my order to my old address even though my default shipping address is my new place.

Now I have to see if I can track down the game at my old place. Blah.

[quote name='jeffx']There's GOT to be a catch. Can we cancel marketplace purchases at any time?[/QUOTE]

Wondering if this is the catch (email I got from them after asking when my copy would ship):

Dear Sir or Madam,
We are terribly sorry for the delay in dispatching your item, it appears
we have had some difficulty’s in trying to obtain stock of this from our
suppliers in the usual time period due.

If you do not wish to continue with this, please advise and we may be
able to cancel this providing it still hasnt been dispatched.

Kind Regards,
Heba
Heba Hamed
Customer Advisor
The Book Depository ltd

oh noes! you think theyll eventually get it and deliver it? even if its delayed the guide will come or will they just be like oh sorry we dont have it

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']oh noes! you think theyll get it eventually get it and deliver it? even if its delayed the guide will come or will they just be like oh sorry we dont have it[/QUOTE]

Well I emailed them back to see if they have an ETA on when they'll have stock.
I'm in no rush for the guide, I want it for my 2nd playthrough to see things I may of missed on my first (don't use guides on my first playthrough).
So I can wait for them to get stock.

Looks like according to this thread I found people were getting their copies even if backordered at that price:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305378&page=19

@Adamantum, not sure anyone cares about your sob story. This is a deals forum BTW.

Back on topic, I also got the cancel notice. I just want the book, where can I get it in Canada at this point?

My order from bookdepository via amazon.ca got cancelled today. I guess I'll just wait and get it across the border on Black Friday

[quote name='jeffx']@Adamantum, not sure anyone cares about your sob story. This is a deals forum BTW.

Back on topic, I also got the cancel notice. I just want the book, where can I get it in Canada at this point?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if GameStop might be getting more? I actually had to pre-order the guide last week and that's the only reason I got one.

Just looked at Future Press facebook, it said that reprints should be available sometime in November. It didn't say if the reprints will be hardcover or soft.

[quote name='gill2k']The guide is back in stock on Amazon.COM. $35 total to get it shipped here[/QUOTE]

eh, thanks. guess I'll go with that option.

Well, I had ordered a PS3 and Xbox 360 copy of the CE a week or so ago from BB, and just found out that both copies were cancelled, without warning. Always nice to get orders cancelled with no heads up.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Well, I had ordered a PS3 and Xbox 360 copy of the CE a week or so ago from BB, and just found out that both copies were cancelled, without warning. Always nice to get orders cancelled with no heads up.[/QUOTE]

Well, archambault.ca still shows stock of the 360 CE, if you want to give that a shot.

[quote name='retro.elite']Dark Souls Strategy Guide is back in-stock at Amazon.ca for $18.35[/QUOTE]

Not really. It's from a third-party seller so add + 6.49 for shipping. Also the first two cheapest (19.64 for me) ship from the UK. At this point go for Amazon.com at 25$ to ensure safe and timely shipping.

bread's done
Back