Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

[quote name='HydroX']The Avengers toon is pretty amazing. Watched the first season when it first hit Netflix and I was hooked. I'm actually surprised the second season made it on so quickly.[/QUOTE]

Second season was not anywhere near as good, unfortunately. And the show is canceled, with no actual ending, because they're making a replacement based on the movie.

[quote name='elessar123']Second season was not anywhere near as good, unfortunately. And the show is canceled, with no actual ending, because they're making a replacement based on the movie.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just read that on Wikipedia... Sadness. I got a decent amount of enjoyment out of this show (still have the second half of S2 to go), kind of made me feel the way I did when I originally watched the Fox Kids version of X-Men in the 90's as a kid. Tons of character appearances that you wouldn't normally expect, and voice actors that actually fit the characters, although Stark's whiny(?) voice gets on my nerves sometimes.

I still have Ultimate Spiderman to watch. I hope it doesn't let me down.

I just finished The Black Donnellys. I remember watching the first couple episodes when it originally aired, but I lost track of the show after that until I ran through all the episodes on Netflix. I highly recommend the series. This show is fantastic, and would have been so much more successful on cable than it was on NBC, IMO.

[quote name='HydroX']I still have Ultimate Spiderman to watch. I hope it doesn't let me down.[/QUOTE]

It will, I only made it through half of the first episode before turning it off.

^I have to disagree with that sentiment. I've seen every episode of Ultimate Spider-Man and I loved it. If you liked Avengers EMH, you'll like this.

Wahoo, Always Sunny and the last season of HIMYM, plus more Arrested Development. Just when I was considering cancelling my subscription.

[quote name='GhostShark']That's odd. They must've just changed that because I remember watching all of season 1 on instant.[/QUOTE]

My mistake. Season 1 has the "play" button next to each episode, so it must be instant, as well.

I have a few that will disappear from Instant on Jan.1, 2013.

Romeo Must Die
Dumb and Dumber
Enter the Dragon
Chaplin: the Movie
Revenge of the Pink Panther
The Fifth Element
The Longest Yard
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Terminator
Harlem Nights
Voltron: Defender of the Universe
The Informers
The Return of the Pink Panther

Plus, a bunch of George Carlin's stuff will get removed on Dec. 31, 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cage017']Is anyone having trouble logging into Netflix via Xbox? Signing in through my computer works fine, yet I get errors with the 360.[/QUOTE]

Some people in another thread said they were having problems with Xbox Live in general.

[quote name='shieryda']I have a few that will disappear from Instant on Jan.1, 2013.

Romeo Must Die
Dumb and Dumber
Enter the Dragon
Chaplin: the Movie
Revenge of the Pink Panther
The Fifth Element
The Longest Yar
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Terminator
Harlem Nights
Voltron: Defender of the Universe
The Informers
The Return of the Pink Panther

Plus, a bunch of George Carlin's stuff will get removed on Dec. 31, 2012.[/QUOTE]
I have Fifth Element on my list, but aside from that, Office Space, Christmas Vacation, and Carrie are all getting removed on 1-1-13 as well.

For anybody that loved the miniseries The Pillars of the Earth, the book's sequel (set 200 years later), World Without End, is now on Netflix. I pretty much plowed through the entire thing these past few days. It's pretty good, but isn't as great as Pillars is.

[quote name='Javery']Holy shit - The Inbetweeners is freaking hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Could you compare it to another show? Not sure if I would enjoy it.

[quote name='ratzombie']Could you compare it to another show? Not sure if I would enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... there's definitely nothing like it on US TV. It's kind of like a British version of American Pie or Superbad (tons of cursing that could never air in the US unless it was on HBO or something). It's about 4 awkward teenagers in high school trying to meet girls, get drunk and just make it through I guess. The first episode is 20 minutes and if you don't like it after that then you probably won't like the series. I'm only 6 episodes in (1/2 way) and I think it is really really funny so far.

[quote name='Javery']Hmmm... there's definitely nothing like it on US TV. [/QUOTE]

Except for the US remake MTV aired last year. ;)

I hear it's terrible, though, compared to the original.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Except for the US remake MTV aired last year. ;)

I hear it's terrible, though, compared to the original.[/QUOTE]

yeah, yeah - 1 episode, right? :)

[quote name='Javery']yeah, yeah - 1 episode, right? :)[/QUOTE]

I think they actually aired the whole 12 episode season, but they definitely said it wouldn't be coming back for a second season.

[quote name='Methoes']No more HBO shows on Netflix... :([/QUOTE]

HBOGO? I'm honestly surprised that there were ever HBO shows on Netflix.

Netflix got the rights to stream more recent WB shows. The West Wing was just added this week, but we'll soon also be getting:

"666 Park Avenue"
"Chuck"
"Fringe"
"Longmire"
"Political Animals"
"Revolution"
"The Following"
"The West Wing"

Definitely looking forward to being able to watch through Chuck again.

I can finally finish up Fringe. I watched most of season 1 back when streaming and 1-disc was pretty cheap, but I had to stop when they raised the price on that. Nothing else on that list really interests me. Maybe The Following, but who knows how that will turn out.

[quote name='shieryda']I was disappointed with that one. It was okay, but I expected more.[/QUOTE]

LOL what? Were you expecting something more? It was suppose to be not taken seriously and taken for what it was. When I snuck into the 1 night only showing of this, it was hilarious!

[quote name='Cantatus']Netflix got the rights to stream more recent WB shows. The West Wing was just added this week, but we'll soon also be getting:

"666 Park Avenue"
"Chuck"
"Fringe"
"Longmire"
"Political Animals"
"Revolution"
"The Following"
"The West Wing"

Definitely looking forward to being able to watch through Chuck again.[/QUOTE]

Too bad Smallville is NOT on there :( Would have loved to catch up on the series.

The entire series of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is on Netflix now. It's only 12 episodes, about 30 mins each. It's fucking hilarious if you stick through it. It's love it or hate it kinda show but I thought it was glorious. David Cross stars. I highly recommend it to you guys if you haven't seen it yet. (sorry if anybody else has mentioned the show, just had to give it some cred which I usually don't)

[quote name='AshesofWake']The entire series of The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is on Netflix now. It's only 12 episodes, about 30 mins each. It's fucking hilarious if you stick through it. It's love it or hate it kinda show but I thought it was glorious. David Cross stars. I highly recommend it to you guys if you haven't seen it yet. (sorry if anybody else has mentioned the show, just had to give it some cred which I usually don't)[/QUOTE]

This series actually caught my eye because Sharon Horgan is in it and I loved "Pulling". Only watched the first episode but I plan on watching the rest.

[quote name='DestroVega']They are.

I think people are in for a surprise with this batch of episodes. The concept seems very different.[/QUOTE]

I think it's awesome. Wish more shows would take this approach, honestly.

bread's done
Back