Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I think it's awesome. Wish more shows would take this approach, honestly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I think any show that breaks formula and does something different is great. That's why Netflix original programming is exciting, a network wouldn't let a show develop a season this way.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I was too lazy to post this yesterday and I figured somebody else would have by now but I guess not: Arrested Development will return in May with 14 episodes. And I believe all the episodes are being released all at once.[/QUOTE]

Guess it's time for me to give this show another chance. I watched two episode a few years ago and couldn't really get into it, but for everyone to rave like this I'm willing to try again.

I feel so immature, but I have really been enjoying the DC Comics animated stuff added recently. JL: Doom, All-Star Superman, and Batman Year One, are all pretty good quality. I plan on watching all they added.

[quote name='DestroVega']They are.

I think people are in for a surprise with this batch of episodes. The concept seems very different.[/QUOTE]

In general, I think it's a good thing. Netflix's format allows them to be a lot more experimental than television, which is going to give them the ability to play with shows in ways the major networks never would've even dreamed of.

Though, I suspect it will result in a lot of complaints about Arrested Development since people have certain expectations there, but at least the writers are being upfront about how the show will work.

The panel they had apparently showed a deleted scene, which the writer proclaimed hilarious, and sounds hilarious too.

Lucile is smoking in her apartment, which is prohibited, so she's blowing the smoke into Buster's mouth for him to blow outside, while Buster is trying to talk to her.

[quote name='breakfuss']Guess it's time for me to give this show another chance. I watched two episode a few years ago and couldn't really get into it, but for everyone to rave like this I'm willing to try again.[/QUOTE]
If you haven't watched it by now you should just give up on comedies.

[quote name='spiderman4657']If you haven't watched it by now you should just give up on comedies.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Some people have different tastes. It took me a couple tries to get into it. Once I did though, I loved it. I still can't get into The Office no matter how many tines I try.

I guess the same goes with Dr. Who and sci-fi's. If thats the case, I give up cause I just can't get into it.

Looking forward to these!

1-31
Dirty Work

2-01
Naked Gun Series
Trading Places
Shaolin Soccer
Once Upon A Time In Mexico

4-01
Shaft
Man On The Moon

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Dirty Work (if we're talking the Norm MacDonald comedy) is such an underrated movie. It's awesome[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's the one! Probably one of my favorites.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']I am 10 years late on Nip/Tuck. Pretty good so far, in my top 5 shows all time[/QUOTE]
I Stopped after they revealed who the Carver is at the season 3 finale. It didn't make a lick of goddamn sense and all that build up for literally nothing. Though I will admit, the season 2 finale was one of the best cliffhanger endings in any season finale ever.

[quote name='Stimes']CODE MONKEYS is funny as shit, just noticed they added season two.[/QUOTE]

The ET episode is brilliant.

[quote name='Stimes']CODE MONKEYS is funny as shit, just noticed they added season two.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I loved this show and missed the second season. I would love new episodes but it's never gonna happen.

Excited for more episodes of Todd Margaret and Portlandia. I've also been trying to go back over some episodes of King of the Hill I missed.

I'm not sure it's been recommended before but I loved Sleep Walk With Me. It's a fantastic film.

I'm getting really sick and tired of seeing anime disappear from my queue. There are 3 shows about go to on 1/15/13 that I won't be able to watch. It needs to stop.

Name some obscure drug movies that are streamable.

If nothing fits the bill. I'm also interested in any underworld lifestyle movies, including documentaries. Anything with sex drugs crime gangs etc.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Name some obscure drug movies that are streamable.

If nothing fits the bill. I'm also interested in any underworld lifestyle movies, including documentaries. Anything with sex drugs crime gangs etc.[/QUOTE]

Enter the Void. I am not 100% sure if it's still on Nextflix, but it was at one point. Can anybody confirm? I am away from the Netflixboxes.

I HIGHLY recommend watching Jiro Dreams of Sushi. While I'm not a big fan of sushi itself, I am a huge fan of Japanese culture and this is one of the best documentaries I've seen in a while.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I HIGHLY recommend watching Jiro Dreams of Sushi. While I'm not a big fan of sushi itself, I am a huge fan of Japanese culture and this is one of the best documentaries I've seen in a while.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='spiderman4657']If you haven't watched it by now you should just give up on comedies.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

[quote name='PhrostByte']Name some obscure drug movies that are streamable.

If nothing fits the bill. I'm also interested in any underworld lifestyle movies, including documentaries. Anything with sex drugs crime gangs etc.[/QUOTE]

Looking into some lifestyle changes eh?

If it also includes in general all the Hannah Barbera library then I may not leave the house. So many good shows in general though just within Cartoon Network catalog with Dexter's Lab, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Cow & Chicken, Robot Chicken, Powerpuff Girls and others. Especially awesome if they get Regular Show and Adventure Time on there though since I'm still waiting for goddamn season sets.

[quote name='moon_knight']^Adventure Time has a season one set on dvd.[/QUOTE]
I Got that already, but it's on Season 6 or so right now? Just the unknown time for season sets kinda drives me insane for that show. Especially now with the current seasons on how it's using bits and pieces of past episodes to make a deeper history for that world.

I got an email this morning stating that Being Human (U.S.) Season Two was added to Netflix. I haven't watched it personally, but my fiance watched season one and was hooked.

[quote name='breakfuss']Tiny Toon Adventures?!!?!?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kodave']I hope that means Batman: TAS but I'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]

Holy hell, don't get my hopes up. Been looking for a regular animated hero show to watch since I finished Avengers EMH.

[quote name='HydroX']I got an email this morning stating that Being Human (U.S.) Season Two was added to Netflix. I haven't watched it personally, but my fiance watched season one and was hooked.[/QUOTE]

Season One was pretty good. It started off a little "meh" but the last few episodes were pretty good. I'm glad to hear season 2 is up. I watched the first few episodes, but then I fell behind.

[quote name='HydroX']Avengers EMH.[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched it, but my nephew watched a bunch in a row one day at my house, and goddamn did that theme song get stuck in my head.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I haven't watched it, but my nephew watched a bunch in a row one day at my house, and goddamn did that theme song get stuck in my head.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. The theme song is definitely catchy as hell. They butchered it for the season two intro though. You should give the show a shot if you're interested in Marvel Comics in the least bit. I'm not a huge Avengers fan but the show was a treat to watch.

[quote name='Superstar']Nikita keeps getting better and better! I can't believe I've never heard of this show until now.[/QUOTE]

Hope so. I just started the first episode and it's okay but nothing special. I don't feel like I "need" to see it the way I need to see Walking Dead and Homeland. I'll give it a few more episodes.

[quote name='HydroX']I got an email this morning stating that Being Human (U.S.) Season Two was added to Netflix. I haven't watched it personally, but my fiance watched season one and was hooked.[/QUOTE]

And... Season 3 started today. Good time as any to catch up, but I wish they'd add this stuff before the new season started.

Watched the Inbetweeners that Javery suggested. Funny stuff. You can watch the 3rd season on youtube and redbox has the Inbetweeners movie that is supposed to be the series finale. Going to rent it when I get a chance. But yeah, funny and a short series (18 episodes).

[quote name='DT778']Watched the Inbetweeners that Javery suggested. Funny stuff. You can watch the 3rd season on youtube and redbox has the Inbetweeners movie that is supposed to be the series finale. Going to rent it when I get a chance. But yeah, funny and a short series (18 episodes).[/QUOTE]

Glad you liked it. I still need to watch series (season) 3 and the movie. I'll hunt it down eventually.

Very good show and it might have a vampire in it, but this is by far way better than that true blood crap imo.

[quote name='Poor2More']Yea I see Netflix orginal series House of Cards, any reviews for it?[/QUOTE]

I've watched the first 4 episodes. It's pretty good. About on par with a lot of what you might find on HBO. David Fincher directed the first two and he is my favorite director so I knew I'd like it.

It's all about politics though. That could turn people off.

bread's done
Back