New 360 Premium Bundle w/ Forza & MUA @ Costco

jazzman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
FYI

Saw these at Costco last night, bundle includes:
- 360 Premium w/ Forza & MUA (both games in one case, probably on one disk)
- extra wireless controller
- play & charge kit

The bundles were going for $399.99.

*I thought these bundles weren't supposed to be out until the end of the month.

[quote name='freshzen']Costco is forcing you to buy an extra controller to get the bundle? That isn't very cost saving of them.[/quote]but you get a play and charge too. Unless it usually comes with that?

Previous in-store bundle @ Costco had the following:

Xbox 360 Premium
2nd wireless controller
Play-and-charge kit
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Vol #1

This was also $399, though I'm not sure if it comes with the XBLA Unplugged Vol #1 this time around. Most likely not.

I'm hoping it's the newer systems with HDMI, as the replacement for my dead one was the same older 2006-09-03 manufacture as my previous system. Costco didn't have any 360's when I was in there last time a couple of weeks ago, though hopefully they do, and it is the newer rev of the 90nm system or the 65nm system.

Last week my Costco still had about 10 Halo 3 consoles. Hopefully they don't wait for those to sell out before they get these new ones in.

I assume these are the Microsoft bundle, not just Costco sticking in those two games in with a regular system?

If so, if anyone buys one of these let us know the manufacture date and model (ie ancient, Zepher (most likely?) or hopefully Falcon.)

I'm thinking this bundle will end up being my 4th 360, so long as it's at least a Zepher.

friggin hell, my stupid city doesn't have any of these stores where you can find any of the stuff from here, lol. No CC, no Costco.......

Does anybody know, will GS be selling these new bundles?

Costco has had 360's only in bundles. Sure, you're forced to get the extra controller and play and charge kit, but you're getting the best warranty ever.

My 1st 360 broke, they took it back, and luckily the price had dropped on their bundle (I'm guessing because of the arcade title), so not only did I get a same-day replacement, but I got an indirect price adjustment as well.

[quote name='OMGpenguin']Costco has had 360's only in bundles. Sure, you're forced to get the extra controller and play and charge kit, but you're getting the best warranty ever.

My 1st 360 broke, they took it back, and luckily the price had dropped on their bundle (I'm guessing because of the arcade title), so not only did I get a same-day replacement, but I got an indirect price adjustment as well.[/quote]
When the prices dropped, they adjusted the price on my 4-month old 360. No problem with the process whatsoever. I didn't have to, but I've heard other people asking to speak to managers and have the price adjusted well after the typical 30-day period so that the store wouldn't have to eat the costs of the customer "taking advantage" of the warranty.

Screw the bundles, like you don't need an extra controller?

I'm for Costco's warranty I'd gladly SAVE money (price of controller alone is technically $50).

Unlike like Christmas, when various retailers each got a different packed in game (best buy got game x, walmart got game y), it seems that all premium units made by MS for a least a certain period of time will have the same two games packed in. The package described is the standard costco premium bundle at the standard costco price...its MS that's adding the 2 games not Costco. The savings is that you get the charge and play for free, which really isn't that much of a deal...although as someone else wrote, the warranty is better at Costco than other stores. However, that said, there almost certainly will be better deals in Nov and Dec at other retailers, similar to last year, with retailers bundling additional free games or gift cards with the sale of a system.

[quote name='K_G']The savings is that you get the charge and play for free, which really isn't that much of a deal...although as someone else wrote, the warranty is better at Costco than other stores. However, that said, there almost certainly will be better deals in Nov and Dec at other retailers, similar to last year, with retailers bundling additional free games or gift cards the sales of a system.[/quote]

True though, if Arcade Unplugged (or some other game not included everwhere else) isn't thrown in, this bundle becomes less deal-worthy.

[quote name='help1']but you get a play and charge too. Unless it usually comes with that?[/QUOTE]

360 = $350
Controller = $40 (some places charge $50 but they've been $40 at amazon and other fine retailers for a long time now)
Play & Charge Kit = $10-20

So you're saving **maybe** $5-10. Pretty lame considering they charge an annual fee just to shop their (and no I do not need a giant 3 lbs jar of mayo thanks).

[quote name='freshzen']360 = $350
Controller = $40 (some places charge $50 but they've been $40 at amazon and other fine retailers for a long time now)

So you're saving **maybe** $5-10. Pretty lame considering they charge an annual fee just to shop their (and no I do not need a giant 3 lbs jar of mayo thanks).[/quote]

On the other hand, the Costco return policy is especially nice when you're talking about a product with the failure rate of the 360. And Costco has a lot of good deals other than bulk food products.

[quote name='elmyra']On the other hand, the Costco return policy is especially nice when you're talking about a product with the failure rate of the 360. And Costco has a lot of good deals other than bulk food products.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I was misinformed but I was going to pay for a membership and buy a 360 a while back and they told me that warranties were not included in the price, nor did they offer an in store warranty.

I think the lady might've thought I was some of type scammer and and I somehow going to buy a new system and return a different one that wasn't working--so that might be why she gave me incorrect information.

I ended up buying one a Target cause they only charged $30 for a 3 year warranty but I don't think its as good as a GameStop/Best Buy warranty--I think they will actually try to have the system repaired instead of just giving you a new one.

I bought my first 360 a few weeks ago at costco. Old bundle with arcade vol 1 for $389 and a copy of Halo 3 $49. The 360 lasted less than 2 days and brought it back and picked up the Halo edition 360 no questions asked. The costco Warranty on 360's is amazing and worth any pack in.

I just return a dead 360 at costco a couple hours ago. They didn't even ask what was wrong with it. Hell, they didn't even mind that I forgot to bring a cable. I bought it with an instant rebate, but they didn't take that into consideration while giving me the refund, so I got an additional 25 bucks.

While I love my membership there (Executive cashback basically paying for itself with all the crap I buy), getting a membership just to buy a console might not be worth it. Though keep in mid that you don't have to have a membershipp to shop online. You do have to pay an extra percentage, but you still can return it whenever I belive. Sure, it comes out to no saving in the end, but with that return policy?

[quote name='P dad']I bought my first 360 a few weeks ago at costco. Old bundle with arcade vol 1 for $389 and a copy of Halo 3 $49. The 360 lasted less than 2 days and brought it back and picked up the Halo edition 360 no questions asked. The costco Warranty on 360's is amazing and worth any pack in.[/quote]

Did you turn in your copy of Halo along with it?

[quote name='freshzen']Maybe I was misinformed but I was going to pay for a membership and buy a 360 a while back and they told me that warranties were not included in the price, nor did they offer an in store warranty.

I think the lady might've thought I was some of type scammer and and I somehow going to buy a new system and return a different one that wasn't working--so that might be why she gave me incorrect information. [/quote]

They don't offer a warranty, it's a "satisfaction guarantee." It means that except for certain items like TVs and computers, they'll generally take returns without a time limit if you keep the original packaging and such. Whether or not there really is a time limit depends on your local warehouse manager - some will limit you to something like two years, but I've been told that my local store is really liberal on that policy.

So you're saving **maybe** $5-10. Pretty lame considering they charge an annual fee just to shop their (and no I do not need a giant 3 lbs jar of mayo thanks).[/quote]

Aren't you forgetting to factor in the value of the 2 games that come bundled with it? In that case you're saving more than just $5-10 right?

Yes I returned the Reg edition copy of Halo 3 game with it. I think it is possible that the game destroyed the first 360 and that is what I told them.....

didn't sombody from SD said that the new bundle has the old 360 with old heatsink and stuff?
Could sombody who got this bundle confirm?

im going to bite on this if it has the new chip and hdmi for sure. Then i'll just trade my old 360 to Gamestop and put it towards games like Mass Effect and Assasssin Creed etc.

I was at Costco today, looks like they won't have it until Friday morning. Pretty ironic considering I went to the Costco where their brand started, Kirkland, WA.

I'll check Friday and of course, I want the lot 374 or better (with the falcon, hdmi).

[quote name='reverse']I was at Costco today, looks like they won't have it until Friday morning. Pretty ironic considering I went to the Costco where their brand started, Kirkland, WA.

I'll check Friday and of course, I want the lot 374 or better (with the falcon, hdmi).[/QUOTE]

I thought it was lot 734 or newer and only confirmed on the Halo3 green and orange ones. Are the ones in the premiums of lot 734 and newer falcons?

I was at my costco the other day, and we just had normal 360 bundles, without the two games, same price, but the system did have hdmi. I might pick up a 360 for my brother for christmas, so hopefully there will be a good deal.

My local Costco, which didn't have any 360's 2 weeks ago when I was last there, only had the Halo 3 SE version when I went there yesterday. I asked a rep about the regular bundle, and she said that all they'd get in was the Halo 3 bundle. :whistle2:s I certainly don't want that one.

What I need to do is dig up my receipt and call them to check on the availability of the SKU # from it, and see if that's coming in-stock.

The Costco in Plano, TX had plenty of the new bundles in stock. I was debating on either getting the Halo one or the new bundle, but decided on getting the new bundle.

[quote name='minhaferzz']The Costco in Plano, TX had plenty of the new bundles in stock. I was debating on either getting the Halo one or the new bundle, but decided on getting the new bundle.[/QUOTE]
Any idea if it has the new chip?

Yeah, I imagine most of the bundles will be older stock....good way to clear out any remaining non-HDMI systems and all the Zephyrs or older chip sets.

So I doubt we'll see many, if any, HDMIs with Falcon motherboards in the bundles. Hopefully at least some HDMI's with the old chips and added heat sink though.

Just bought one the other day. There are 2 game discs inside the case and the 360 that I got shows a manufacture date of 8/11/07 and has HDMI. I looked through the vents and saw copper piping. Probably has the extra heatsink bit but probably not a Falcon console. The DVD drive is just as loud as my previous unit.

That stinks about the loud drive.

From what I've read the new Falcon units DON'T have the copper piping again. basically no copper piping means it's either really old, or really new.

Zepher should be reliable though...hopefully. At any rate the Falcon systems still have the 90nm GPU, and it's the GPU that's been causing a lot of the problems, so...

[quote name='Wolfpup']That stinks about the loud drive.

From what I've read the new Falcon units DON'T have the copper piping again. basically no copper piping means it's either really old, or really new.

Zepher should be reliable though...hopefully. At any rate the Falcon systems still have the 90nm GPU, and it's the GPU that's been causing a lot of the problems, so...[/quote]Feel free to wait until August 2008 or later, if you want a unit with a 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU.

[quote name='shrike4242']Feel free to wait until August 2008 or later, if you want a unit with a 65nm CPU and 65nm GPU.[/QUOTE]

Really? Is that unit coming out for sure?

You are absolutely correct. Costco pricing sucks. However, considering the fact that I am on my fourth 360 in just over a year and Costco takes them back no questions asked, it is worth it to me.

I will not buy an MS product without being real sure I can get satisfaction upon failure. The failure being a certainty and the satisfaction being an impossibility when dealing directly with MS.

[quote name='shrike4242']I have to run by Costco in the next few days, so I'll grab the details about what's in it, if no one else does.[/quote]

i was there last night and actually saw this bundle. it's a great deal.

From what I have seen, the current bundles are just the typical Premium system with the games thrown in and a sticker placed on the front. These were put together in store (aka Costco employees did it and resealed the system). GameStop employees have been confirmed doing this, and not sending the current in stock system back to Microsoft. The actual bundles are coming, and they will be in a different box with "Go Pro" on the box. Those could have Falcon in them. The ones with just the sticker on the box will not be Falcon, since they are just current supply.

bread's done
Back