New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

I wonder if GS will allow picking up the AC n3ds at midnight (since it's already confirmed that the amiibos can be picked up)? There's going to be a lot of confused NBA2K fans lol
This mental imagery made me laugh. Reminded me of the time there was a Colt's game the same day Gencon was going on here. Had streets full of frat bro's and men wearing jersey's and helmets walking past and double taking at the cosplayer's and the neckbeard's/bronies.

GS declined my payment, due to a discrepancy on my address and the address my bank has for me (I confirmed they are the same though), I have enough funds for the system! Lol I've ordered with that exact card from Amazon just one week ago (faceplates) and had no issue, faceplates arrived and they got paid, why doesn't GS want my money lol

Never really had anything against them before but will be moving all my preorders (animal crossing n3ds, xenoblade se, woolly world bundle, Chibi-robo bundle) to Amazon.

Any1 ever had a similar issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: Bank froze my account because they suspected fraud, because I ordered the system and Taco Bell in the same night LOL

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I'm not personally interested in Xenoblade but I bet there's someone out there that is.

I'm gonna have to scrape Amazon every few days to see how folks' inventory is being restocked, as I assume they're seeing more interest than usual lately.

Cool, thanks for the heads up! I'm not personally interested in Xenoblade but I bet there's someone out there that is.

I'm gonna have to scrape Amazon every few days to see how folks' inventory is being restocked, as I assume they're seeing more interest than usual lately.
Yeah lol, I'v been trolling through the listings every day or two since new stuff seems to be popping up and going fairly quickly, and most of the time with prime its cheaper and faster delivery than it would be importing.

I know it is offtopic, but I need advice.

I bought one new 3ds XL during that Kmart "sale"for 100 bucks. I bought the red one, and it had a stuck pixel on the uppe screen, on the edge. It did not bother me at first, but I think my OCD is kicking in and now I kind of keep looking for the god damn it stuck pixel almost all the time. 

I can't exchange in store anymore (too late for that). I know nintendo "fix" stuck or dead pixel. I already put a screen protector and full body skin, and I would be a shame to not get my device back.

questions;

1- How is nintendo warranty support?Good? is it fast?

2- If I send my device, what are the chances of having the same one repaired and sent back to me?

3- If they replace with a refurbished unit, how they are?  "new"? or used and scratched??

Thank you

1- How is nintendo warranty support?Good? is it fast?
2- If I send my device, what are the chances of having the same one repaired and sent back to me?

3- If they replace with a refurbished unit, how they are? "new"? or used and scratched??

Thank you
1. It's been a long while since I've dealt with Nintendo Warranty support (stuck pixel on OG DS), but in my experience and what I've heard from others is that they are relatively fast. A lot faster that Microsoft was for me, at any rate.

2. Chances are high that it will be the exact same unit sent back to you.

3. I'd find it highly doubtful they'd sent you a different one in the first place, but if for some reason they did, I've heard that the refurbished systems that Nintendo's sold from time to time from their site have been in new-like condition.

The only thing I'd be wary about is if you have a limited or special edition system. The OG DS that I sent back was a teal color that wasn't one of the standard ones sold and they sent it back with silver screw covers instead of the original teal ones that it had.

I think my New 3DS Cradle shipment has broken the time space continuum. Passed through Customs, and on the UPS delivery page it says the estimated delivery is 1/7/2000.

I called the UPS wondering if they could give me anything more accurate, and they confirmed that would be the delivery. Wat?

Just have UPS deliver a certified letter to yourself at the same time and place. Make sure you give yourself clear instructions to place it in a capsule and bury it in your current yard. If done correctly, it should be waiting there for you right now.

well, Amazon's guesstimates said my Fire Emblem faceplate would arrive sometime between Oct 6-28... well, in fact, it was only 8 days and have it in hand! now for that new blasted 3DS to arrive!

Finally my shipping infos updated. Looks like my cradle/screen protectors will be here Thursday and my Xenoblade plates Friday. Still nothing on the Pokemon plates though, customs is taking forever with those.

Got my fire emblem plates in a few days ago. Are they planning on selling the plates on the US OR WHAT?
Starting to feel like if they did sell them, it'd probably just be the super standard ones (Like the Mario series, the colored/patterns, etc)

Hopefully they arent dumb and only release the actual popular ones in bundles or such. Or make these things Amiibo 2.0. Kinda why I'm importing all the ones that interest me, incase they don't and prices just gets higher and higher.

Starting to feel like if they did sell them, it'd probably just be the super standard ones (Like the Mario series, the colored/patterns, etc)

Hopefully they arent dumb and only release the actual popular ones in bundles or such. Or make these things Amiibo 2.0. Kinda why I'm importing all the ones that interest me, incase they don't and prices just gets higher and higher.
or before they become impossible to find, since a new market can finally take advantage of them?

well, good news, I just got an email from amazon that says:

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Nintendo Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + New 3DS Bundle"
Estimated arrival date: September 25, 2015

vHXjEs1.jpg

The 25th is SO FAR AWAY.

What's the big deal about these plates? You can't even see them when playing a game.
That's like asking "Why bother getting (insert special edition design) special edition?" Ever buy one and later think "I should have waited for this color or design?" The possibilities to easily customize your n3DS are endless, especially if you know a good artist! Ever scratch up for 3Ds? problem solved! Wanted the regular sized US n3ds, but NOT the animal crossing plates? DONE!

then why complain about the faceplates? oh well, you enjoy the XL, i'll enjoy my standard sized unit when it arrives, everyone's happy!
Having owned both 3DS (which got stolen from my very own room, sadly) and 3DS XL, I welcome the New 3DS with changeable faceplates. I don't expect to buy many (if at all) of the faceplates, but the exclusivity of the small(er) New 3DS was a deciding factor in my purchase. Can't wait!

Only a few hours to change my mind and get it from Amazon on release date. Here's what would be my final prices after taxes:

Amazon: $219.99
Target: $227.28
Best Buy: $239.23
Gamestop: $239.23

I currently have a Gamestop pre-order in place from earlier in the month, but now that I can definitely get it on the 25th from Amazon I'm rather tempted to move my pre-order there and save almost $20 in the process.

Only a few hours to change my mind and get it from Amazon on release date. Here's what would be my final prices after taxes:

Amazon: $219.99
Target: $227.28
Best Buy: $239.23
Gamestop: $239.23

I currently have a Gamestop pre-order in place from earlier in the month, but now that I can definitely get it on the 25th from Amazon I'm rather tempted to move my pre-order there and save almost $20 in the process.
Bite the bullet and just do it man.

Amazon since you can save money. I'd do the same, but I still get charged tax on Amazon so I'll just keep my pre-order at GS.
Same here. Sadly Newegg is the only place left I can get "tax free", but they suck on inventory, and fulfilling preorders. I actually got my N3DS XL from them and was hoping to grab this bundle there as well, but no listing yet.

Since I live in NY and Amazon has sales tax (dammit) I'll be keeping my GameStop preorder. Good for me though is that my local GS has really nice employees, and I'll be able to pick it up at midnight!

Now I'm tempted to jump back to GS for the ACHHD bundle w/ these gift card deals. Plus, I just got shipping confirmation from Amazon and the system won't arrive until Tues even w/ Amazon Prime.

bread's done
Back