New Battlefield Clan Topic - WE NEED SOME MORE PEOPLE!!

i only have a demo and enjoy it alot. I would be glad to join!!! Could someone find me a deal on Battlefield and I'm on!!!!

I'm back on tonight it looks like my new broadband connection is far surperior to my old one. Which is good because lag about mad eme destroy my pc like 5 times.

i just made a thread asking about bf2....

anyways ill join if you guys are any good... do you guys have a server?

anyways here my info

AIM: xSX450
XFIRE: xcrf450
CAG:D4RKN1GHT
BF2 NAME: [RMS]_RockChopper (old Clan)

pretty laid back and no server man.
I picked up Armored Fury guys and I am kind of blah on it. It is better than euro force but unless you like vehicles it doesn't add much. the maps are ok but I would only pick this up if your favorite server runs its maps.

Oh crap CAG has a BF2 clan? I play it like crazy. I may join, just need to know one thing first. I don't have to create a new account to change my name right? Cause I don't feel like unlocking all my weps all over again.

Oh, and I wouldn't recommend downloading 1.4 beta. I have heard of a lot of problems with it on the official forums.

I saw that on EB.com today and it got me thinking about getting back into computer gaming. My only problem is I haven't upgraded my video card in years..... Will it run on a 128mb GeForce4 Ti 4200 card? LMAO, seriously though what's the cheapest card both BF2 and 2142 would probably run good on anyone know? I've got a P4 3GHz 1g ram, everything is good but the video card....

[quote name='$hady']I saw that on EB.com today and it got me thinking about getting back into computer gaming. My only problem is I haven't upgraded my video card in years..... Will it run on a 128mb GeForce4 Ti 4200 card? LMAO, seriously though what's the cheapest card both BF2 and 2142 would probably run good on anyone know? I've got a P4 3GHz 1g ram, everything is good but the video card....[/QUOTE]

Try looking into a GeForce 6800. It's what I have. I'm assuming your motherboard only supports AGP, so be sure to note that. They should be pretty cheap now. Also, go to the forums at anandtech.com and ask around there.

http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2984012

This card would run BF2 pretty well.

As far as 2142 goes, my interest has been increasing and I probably will buy it at launch. Though with that said, they better make it a hell of a lot better as far as removing bugs and problems. The whole concept of the beta patch killed BF2 for me, and I won't play until it is released (when it is released the game should be much better).

[quote name='CaseyRyback']http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2984012

This card would run BF2 pretty well.

As far as 2142 goes, my interest has been increasing and I probably will buy it at launch. Though with that said, they better make it a hell of a lot better as far as removing bugs and problems. The whole concept of the beta patch killed BF2 for me, and I won't play until it is released (when it is released the game should be much better).[/QUOTE]

A lot of folks think they are messing up BF 2 on purpose so that we have to buy 2142

Thanks for the card suggestions, I have open pci and agp slots so i'm set. I'll check out anandtech haven't been there in ages and will start watching for deals.

The deal on the x800xl is probably the best you will find on a decent AGP card. The only thing in a similar price range that would be comperable would be the x1600. It has shader model 3.0 so that could be a benefit, but I don't know where it benchmarks aganist the x800xl and I know it will cost a little more (you can probably find it for 150 or less).

Also there are some ATi store coupons around (I heard someone mention a 5 percent off coupon over at SD)

Anyone up to playing some? I just got back into it and I have version 1.3. I just got ranked up to Gunnery SGT, so I'm pumped up.

I remember how much fun it was with like Casey, bObx, Mookyjooky, jam, just to name a few, those were the times. We used to have like 10 people from CAG playing at once and in the demo. It'd be fun to get it together again!

[quote name='Technique']Anyone up to playing some? I just got back into it and I have version 1.3. I just got ranked up to Gunnery SGT, so I'm pumped up.

I remember how much fun it was with like Casey, bObx, Mookyjooky, jam, just to name a few, those were the times. We used to have like 10 people from CAG playing at once and in the demo. It'd be fun to get it together again![/QUOTE]

1.4 should be out tomorrow (supposedly got delayed by 24 hours). I will probably play some towards the end of the week.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']1.4 should be out tomorrow (supposedly got delayed by 24 hours). I will probably play some towards the end of the week.[/QUOTE]

Cool, let me know if any of you want to play and we can set up a date for everyone.

So are people still playing this and will be playing it in the future, or are they all going to jump ship to Battlefield 2142?

I just got this a week ago, I'm hesitant on opening it if everyone is jumping ship in two months and i'll just sell it and put the money towards Battlefield 2142 instead.

I'm still playing this a lot and I'm waiting for the Battlefield 2 Pirates mod to come out. I'll probably pick up Battlefield 2142 on launch day, but I'll still keep playing BF2.

I'd say you should play it, it's one hell of a game and 2 months is a long time away. You'll definitely get your money's worth out of it.

[quote name='Technique']I'm still playing this a lot and I'm waiting for the Battlefield 2 Pirates mod to come out. I'll probably pick up Battlefield 2142 on launch day, but I'll still keep playing BF2.

I'd say you should play it, it's one hell of a game and 2 months is a long time away. You'll definitely get your money's worth out of it.[/QUOTE]

I'm just wondering about the long term value once Battlefield 2142 comes out... do the older communities still thrive once a new game in the series is released?

Chances are I'll only dabble in it during those 2 months (not alot of time) and if all the players are simply going to just drop this game like a rock, well, that's what I'm worried about.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm just wondering about the long term value once Battlefield 2142 comes out... do the older communities still thrive once a new game in the series is released?

Chances are I'll only dabble in it during those 2 months (not alot of time) and if all the players are simply going to just drop this game like a rock, well, that's what I'm worried about.[/QUOTE]

I see quite a few people on my xfire list still play BF vietnam

[quote name='Kayden']I just got this at BB for $40... what do I do? @_@[/QUOTE]
install it? When I get back from my trip I can share some good servers for you

[quote name='jlarlee']install it? When I get back from my trip I can share some good servers for you[/quote]

:booty:

I played with the CPU for a while. Pretty fun.

So... is there no way to configure single player at all? Arent there any single player maps with planes? I suck at flying and want to make a game where I can just practice flying without getting shot at, fighting the bots for the chopper or waiting 15 seconds to respawn.

There are like absolutely no configuration options for this game. :mad:

[quote name='Kayden']So... is there no way to configure single player at all? Arent there any single player maps with planes? I suck at flying and want to make a game where I can just practice flying without getting shot at, fighting the bots for the chopper or waiting 15 seconds to respawn.

There are like absolutely no configuration options for this game. :mad:[/quote]

You could always go into an empty server with wake island.

[quote name='Kayden']So... is there no way to configure single player at all? Arent there any single player maps with planes? I suck at flying and want to make a game where I can just practice flying without getting shot at, fighting the bots for the chopper or waiting 15 seconds to respawn.

There are like absolutely no configuration options for this game. :mad:[/QUOTE]

There are ways to configure it, but they don't make it simple. Search Battlefield 2 console commands on google and you will see.

[quote name='2poor']You could always go into an empty server with wake island.[/quote]

I tried that, but it said the game wouldn't start until one more person joined. :bomb:

[quote name='Kayden']I tried that, but it said the game wouldn't start until one more person joined. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Make a game with a bot or two on Wake Island, then change everything to your preferences by using console commands. (http://www.totalbf2.com/page.php?do=bfconsole)

Also, you might try finding a server that's dedicated to plane flying or something. There's got to be one out there, if there's a Pistol/Knife/Defibbulator only server there has got to be a Plane only server.

you guys are all welcome to play on my clan's server Texas Slaying Field it is tightly admined and has a good group of guys playing. Just search the name to find it I will post the ip later when I find it

here it is 66.151.246.202

[quote name='2poor']This game is DEAD. 2142 here I come![/quote]

Definately not dead, still 1000's of servers running

i play this alot, so hit me up whenever you guys play or something

aim - bizarrosandwich1
xfire is the same

[quote name='2poor']This game is DEAD. 2142 here I come![/quote]

Spyware on 2142?! fuck that! Battlefield 2, I coming back baby!

meh its not spyware, it all go blown out of proportion, not that I like the ad stuff at all (they dont even have ads in the game right now). The game is alot more fun than the demo made it seem, but its sooo teamplay based, you really need a quality squad. so if any of you guys got it and dont completely suck holllller at me. xfire - coolcps, in game -=2AD=-CPSv

:bouncy: damn... i wish i could be apart of this right now...
doesn anyone want to buy me a new computer that will be able to run the game?:lol:

Aw man, I played this for the first time in a long time today and remembered all the fun times we had when this game first came out. SteveMcQ, JDMxB, Jam3582, NoodlePirate!, Mookyjooky, CaseyRyback13, b0bx13, and xxdeadp0olxx are just a handful of guys that I remember playing with. This game is STILL awesome! We should get a reunion going here, anyone down?

bread's done
Back