NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

The more I think about it, the more dis-heartening these "rewards" are. If you can only select downloadable games which you can also get for purchase, then this is nothing more than a rebate program. (And I don't want to know how worthless the points really are by doing the calculations!) The physical items were much better because at least they felt special.

I have always opted for a physical gift in the past, but am pleased with a digital download. I will use this more than a soundtrack, cards, or pins. I do love the mario hat and figurine though. I chose DK country. I had to delete a lot of demos to make space for it (17000+ blocks)

Hopefully I earn digital promo points to put towards dr Luigi or nes remix

soonersfan60 said:
The more I think about it, the more dis-heartening these "rewards" are. If you can only select downloadable games which you can also get for purchase, then this is nothing more than a rebate program. (And I don't want to know how worthless the points really are by doing the calculations!) The physical items were much better because at least they felt special.
I've never had a problem reaching platinum, but I know a lot of other people "top off" their accounts by buying extra codes to hit gold or platinum. If you have to spend $5 or $10 to top off your account, then I could see being really disappointed. It definitely "cheapens" the value of the codes if they go this route. I would imagine a lot of people won't even bother from now on and may choose to buy used over new. I know in a few cases I've bought new instead of used with the code being one of the deciding factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
U can add this to the list of games about to expire soon

M&L Bowsers Inside Story expires 1/31/15
That's odd because that game came out in Sept. 2009 which means it pre-dates when they added expiration dates. In fact, I have a few slips for it and they don't have expirations on them.

Was yours from a reprinted version? If so, I wonder if that means they will all expire or only the reprint copies?

Really disappointed in Club Nintendo this year. I rarely do digital games. I actually enjoy exclusive merch things from their store. (I am probably in the minority...especially if this is what they did with the reward.)

Platinum Only:

• Game and Wario – Wii U
  • NES Remix – Wii U
  • Earthbound – Wii U
  • Dr. Luigi – Wii U
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D – 3DS
  • Fluidity: Spin Cycle – 3DS
  • Dillon’s Rolling Western – 3DS
  • Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move – 3DS
Platinum and Gold:

• Ice Climber – Wii U
  • Kid Icarus – Wii U
  • Super Mario Bros. – Wii U
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link – Wii U
  • Donkey Kong 3 – 3DS
  • Wario Land 2 – 3DS
  • Metroid – 3DS
  • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins – 3DS
Not sure what I'll get. I have most everything I would want on that list (in physical form). Maybe Dillon's Rolling Western?
You're certainly not in the minority. I don't have a wii u and most of the 3ds games are ones that I'm not really interested in or already have in some other form. Considering the number of free full digital games you can get with psn+ or xbl gold just for being a member I think most people have a fairly valid complaint. There's always next year... :/

I'll probably be getting Dillon's rolling western too.

That's odd because that game came out in Sept. 2009 which means it pre-dates when they added expiration dates. In fact, I have a few slips for it and they don't have expirations on them.

Was yours from a reprinted version? If so, I wonder if that means they will all expire or only the reprint copies?
IDK. I found the slip laying around Goodwill so I picked it up. But if you have a few & haven't seen it it must be from the reprints.

The slip is the original white cover with Marios hat near the top & M&L at the bottom both holding hammers.

cheapbastard said:
IDK. I found the slip laying around Goodwill so I picked it up. But if you have a few & haven't seen it it must be from the reprints.
The slip is the original white cover with Marios hat near the top & M&L at the bottom both holding hammers.
Yeah, mine are the same but with no expiration. Does yours have a copyright 2009 on the back, or is it newer?

In any case, I added it to the list as a possible reprint copy expiration. There are a bunch at the end of January 2015 for things like Super Mario Galaxy 2 and other games that had Selects versions released or were simply reprinted.

Feb. 1st will be a big day of reckoning to see if it was just the slips with expirations on them that expire or if all codes for those games expire (even those without the dates). Hopefully they give a heads up if it is all of them.

If you're not into any of the reward games, it seems like the best bet is going to be Game & Wario.  Full price game means $6 rebate via digital deluxe promo and then 60 points towards next year.

I'm very disappointed in Nintendo this year... I would have been satisfied with a poster or something, but this digital only bs is just pathetic. 

[quote name="boogie4114" post="11939796" timestamp="1405862985"]Game and Wario retail price is $40[/quote] actually, Game & Wario is $30 on the eshop.

Shame on Nintendo for not putting any effort at all into the platinum/gold prizes this year.  Makes me think we won't see any good rewards for points in the future either.  Value is good though if you are getting one of the $30-$40 games, but otherwise very underwhelming.  Will probably end up getting nes remix.

But you have to wonder why they continue to even offer this since I doubt they get much useful feedback out of the surveys.

Yeah, mine are the same but with no expiration. Does yours have a copyright 2009 on the back, or is it newer?

In any case, I added it to the list as a possible reprint copy expiration. There are a bunch at the end of January 2015 for things like Super Mario Galaxy 2 and other games that had Selects versions released or were simply reprinted.

Feb. 1st will be a big day of reckoning to see if it was just the slips with expirations on them that expire or if all codes for those games expire (even those without the dates). Hopefully they give a heads up if it is all of them.
Yes it says © 2009

I agree anything physical would have been so much better to decorate my game room. they better not do this next year since I'm already platinum for next year or club Nintendo can just suck it.

Speaking of M&L for the DS. I was checking my account & I have an entry for M&L P.I.T. for 10 coins & that's it. Does anyone recall if this game gave out coins?? Also those games you get free from buying MK8 do those give you coins??

cheapbastard said:
Speaking of M&L for the DS. I was checking my account & I have an entry for M&L P.I.T. for 10 coins & that's it. Does anyone recall if this game gave out coins?? Also those games you get free from buying MK8 do those give you coins??
Yes to both. The latter is why so many people are already at or near Elite status for the current club year. I would expect a lot more people to be Gold/Platinum for this year than for last year so that may dilute the rewards even more. This time next year we may be pining for the good ol' days when they gave us the choice of a couple of $30 games as platinum rewards ;).

So in all this expiring survey dates bullshit, I've just noticed that a few Wii games I registered before Apr. 7 (the cutoff date for games no longer being eligible for 10 coin PP surveys) do not have a PP survey in my queue or To-Do list. This may be because the 5-year release anniversary was soon after Apr. 7. This leads me to believe that PP surveys also expire on the 5-year release anniversary, which is more bullshit. Also, the PP surveys do not appear in the To-Do list indicating that they've expired. The games:

:wii: Punch-Out!! (not a single mention of it in my To-Do history, not even for registration, even though it appears in the 'Coins & Status' and 'Products' list)

:wii: Excitebots: Trick Racing

I don't even know if these games ever appeared in the To-Do queue, but if they did, they would have had the Aug. 4 exp date (120 days after) shared among all the other games I had registered at the same time. They did not reflect the 5-year release anniversary... What the fuck is even the point of exp dates anymore?

^^^I think they don't show up. I had the same thing happen with my wii system.

I just bought a Yoshi 3DS XL. Is it better to register it now? I am already platinum for next year.

^^^I think they don't show up. I had the same thing happen with my wii system.

I just bought a Yoshi 3DS XL. Is it better to register it now? I am already platinum for next year.
If they didn't show up, that's even more bullshit, since they were on the list.

Just wait till you need the coins. Otherwise wait till next year.

Did anybody register Dragon Quest IX before but around the PP survey cut off date? I know it was talked about previously. Did it have a PP survey? Did it expire 120 days after you registered it or on Jul. 11, 2014?

My post-play survey for DQIX was always listed with a 7/11/14 expiration.  And that was far more than 120 days after I registered it (6/30/11).

Right, I had that same exp for it as well. I'm just curious to know what it may have been after Club N implemented the 120 day exp on Post-Play surveys, and if the 120 day range would have extended it past the 4-year release anniversary. Here's a list of 2009/2010 games that could provide info had they been registered around the Apr. 7 PP survey cutoff date:

Released 2009 (Apr-Aug):

:ds: Rhythm Heaven....................................................4/5/2009

:ds: Personal Trainer: Walking....................................5/25/2009

:ds: The Legendary Starfy...........................................6/8/2009

:wii: Excitebots: Trick Racing.......................................4/20/2009

:wii: Punch-Out!!..........................................................5/18/2009

:wii: New Play Control! Donkey Kong Jungle Beat......5/4/2009

:wii: Wii Sports Resort.................................................7/26/2009

Released 2010 (Apr-Aug):

:ds: Picross 3D..............................................................5/3/2010

:ds: Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies.....7/11/2010

:wii: Super Mario Galaxy 2............................................5/23/2010

:wii: Sin & Punishment: Star Successor........................6/27/2010

So, for the above 2010 games, except S&P, I registered all of them pre 120-day PP exp. What's weird is that DQ IX had a 2014 PP exp, while the other two still have 2015 exp dates!!! WTF?!?!

I'm starting to think that PIN inserts with printed registration exp date gave 4-years. I can confirm that Picross 3D does NOT have an insert exp date and that S&P does, but cannot confirm for SMG 2 (can't find it). So... it seems somewhere around late May to June 2010 when they started printing the exp dates on them is when 5-year Post Play exp went to 4-years, therefore the same exp date as the registration exp date.

If that is all true, the two games for which I did not receive PP surveys should have been extended like S&P was (which I registered at the same time). So DQ IX should have acted like S&P and also have been extended. Of course, none of this matters now... :lol:

This also might be the reason why Sin & Punishment was screwy with its exp dates. When the ITB survey was released (usually about a month before release), it was before they started printing the exp dates on the inserts. So, it would have had a 5-year exp date at the time of the ITB survey, but after printing the exp dates on the inserts, it actually ended up changing it to having a 4-year exp date.

This has been discussed before but:

I'm thinking reprinted games have new expiration dates and thus older prints with their inserts get the new espiration dates also.  The "Nintendo Selects" are a different animal though as those seem to count as different titles as their "black label" prints

I'm torn between Earthbound and NES Remix for my plat reward. Leaning towards Earthbound because NES Remix is getting a disc release later in the year. Thoughts?
NES Remix is a pick up and play game between meatier game sessions. 10 minutes here, 15 minutes there. Not something worth messing with a disc to play.

In case you haven't heard, Club Nintendo has 2 offers going on right now.

Register both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash Bros and get a free soundtrack.

Register Hyrule Warriors within the first month and get free downloads of Ganondorf's Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time outfits.

(Professor Layton and the Unwound Future) Thanks for the info! I had already entered the PIN a long while ago, so I saw it was pending with an expiration of 2015, but I wanted to make certain. Sure enough, it actually expires a year sooner. Thankfully, I *was* able to complete the survey just now.
Wait! Was this a registration survey that you didn't take previously or a Post Play survey?

If it's the former, sounds similar to the Sin & Punishment situation. But in this case the Post Play survey should expire in 2015 since I have it in the To-Do queue and history. Although that could've been the case with S&P as well.

Wait! Was this a registration survey that you didn't take previously or a Post Play survey?

If it's the former, sounds similar to the Sin & Punishment situation. But in this case the Post Play survey should expire in 2015 since I have it in the To-Do queue and history. Although that could've been the case with S&P as well.
This was a registration survey.

This was a registration survey.
Okay, thanks!

This is just another case of the 5-year ITB survey date conflicting with the 4-year PIN insert date. And unfortunately, this confusion will continue for at least the next 5 years since they've yet to fix it. It no longer even makes sense for Post Play surveys since they have a limited expiration date dependent on registration.

So... it seems somewhere around late May to June 2010 when they started printing the exp dates on them is when 5-year Post Play exp went to 4-years, therefore the same exp date as the registration exp date.
It looks like DQ IX may have been a special case as it seems most, if not all, other games released after it, still have 5-year Post Play exp dates.

On the list of titles with coins about to expire it says this  : Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo Selects/Reprint copies only?) - 1/31/2015

I recently registered this title and I'm assuming it was an original  1st release since they gave me 50 coins for it. On the slip it has the same exp date of 1/31/15

I also registered Mario Super Sluggers (NS) which has an exp date of 5/15/15 and is not on your list.

I tried to registered Fling Smash but it wont recognized the code. Has this happened to anyone???

cheapbastard said:
On the list of titles with coins about to expire it says this : Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo Selects/Reprint copies only?) - 1/31/2015
I recently registered this title and I'm assuming it was an original 1st release since they gave me 50 coins for it. On the slip it has the same exp date of 1/31/15

I also registered Mario Super Sluggers (NS) which has an exp date of 5/15/15 and is not on your list.
I'm not sure I follow your first issue. SMG 2 gives 50 coins (no matter when it was made). The copy I have (from release day) does not have an expiration date on it. Newer prints do - it remains to be seen of the original ones will expire anyway.

I'll add Super Mario Sluggers. The original is another that definitely doesn't have an expiration, but the NS version is a different matter.

Hah - and I guess I missed Layton Unwound Future. I know I have that somewhere and never registered it. Oh well...

We're going to start hitting a big group here soon:

Samurai Warriors 3 - 9/27/2014 (needs verification)
Wii Party - 10/03/2014
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs - 10/04/2014 (needs verification)
Kirby's Epic Yarn - 10/17/2014 (needs verification)
Art Academy - 10/25/2014 (needs verification)

Well, we'll get plenty of verification if/when those get removed from the Nintendo eligible product list (as Professor Layton Unwound Future was removed promptly):

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

I found my original Kirby Epic Yarn and it is indeed 10/17. Remember to go here to trade for codes:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/177121-club-nintendo-registration-code-tradingselling/

Generally, I think Club Nintendo PIN expiration dates for games released in 2009 and after, adhere to the following rule (regardless of ITB survey and before 120 day expiration on Post Play surveys): Does the PIN insert have a printed exp?

NO -  5 years for Registration / 5 years for Post Play from date of release
YES - 4 years for Registration / 5 years for Post Play from date of release

That means this list of games without printed exp on the PIN insert will most likely expire this Club Nintendo year (July 1, 2014 - June 20, 2015)  (Please add to OP):

01/18/15 Glory of Heracles

02/22/15 Endless Ocean: Blue World

03/14/15 Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver
03/28/15 Warioware D.I.Y.
03/28/15 America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking

05/03/15 Picross 3D

05/23/15 Super Mario Galaxy 2

06/15/15 100 Classic Book Collection

Anything released after at least 06/27/10 should have a printed exp date.

So is the general consensus that any game without an exp date should be entered before the end of the club nintendo year?

I have these to enter still and I do not see an exp date on them:

Pokémon Pearl Version

Pokémon Diamond Version

Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia

That's tough to say... All the games you listed are still on the Eligible Products list. I guess every year you could keep an eye on an older, specific game around its release anniversary to see if it gets removed. But even that seems to be unpredictable (e.g. Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time).

I'm just constantly finding weird and contradictory shit. [customspoiler="There are some years where some games are still eligible and some not!"]

Mario Kart DS
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (I don't even know when this was removed. I registered it on Apr. 6, 2014 before the PP removal and it released on Nov. 28, 2005)

Elite Beat Agents
Super Princess Peach

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Wario: Master of Disguise
WarioWare: Smooth Moves (My PP survey expired on Jan 15, 2012; 5 years after its release)
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast

It's possible some games didn't have PIN inserts, but I can at least verify for 2005.
[/customspoiler] I mean, I still have the following Post Play surveys to do. They all expire 10 years after their release date and they are all still on the Eligible Products list!

11/14/15 Mario Kart DS
11/06/16 Elite Beat Agents
11/19/16 The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii

I dont know when they started doing this, but this is the first I've seen it (Hyrule Warriors).  The club nintendo pin is no longer its own card inserted with the manual.  Its printed on the back of the COVER ART.

So I happened to find a mint copy of Wii Fit Plus for $3 at a local Goodwill, got happy because it was the bundle copy (worth more CN coins) and I never bothered to get it before.  Turns out even though the code was still valid, CN doesn't offer the coins for Wii Fit Plus anymore, yet they still offer coins for the standard Wii Fit.

Not sure if that was mentioned on here by io or phantomphoenix earlier in the thread, but that was a disheartening way for me to find out.

You probably just missed out by a few days since Wii Fit Plus released on Oct. 4, 2009 and it probably had a 5-year registration period. Yeah, that sucks... especially when you knew a title was on there, but you find it disappeared only after you just registered it and didn't receive the Coins.

bread's done
Back