NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

Are you serious? I just got 70 coins for it less than 24 hours ago.

As for DK Jungle Beat, that one was on my to-do list thanks to ITB until May 4th of this year, which again, was 5 years after it was released, and not four. I never bought it, though, since I owned the GameCube version. So the question remains - is it five years, as seems to be the case for everything else (hopefully), or four, like the FAQ says? Stupid Nintendo, fix your shit!
I think it is 5 years for the ITB games. But then, independently of that, they decide to remove some games completely from the Club Nintendo coin program. That's what they did with those 3. It has nothing to do with your To-Do's or the ITB. That is pretty crappy of them though - they should at least wait until people's ITB's are up (as they would all expire at the same time). Or they could give you a warning on your Club account that a game is about to be delisted if they do it before the 5 years. Or, you know, they could just not delist them. It is pretty random and stupid - I mean how many codes are out there for DKJB? That game is hard to find - why not let people get credit for it if they can find it?

So we have 2 separate issues here:

1) Nintendo can, at any time, delist games from qualifying for Club Nintendo coins. It has nothing to do with a time limit or set number of years from release or the ITB expiration. It is simply at their whim.

2) If you do have an ITB on a game, it is good for 5 years and once that date passes, you cannot register the game on that account, though it can still be registered on an account (or sub-account) that didn't do the ITB.

We kind of knew the former (games have been removed in the past) but #2 is a new thing, I think. And who knows, maybe it is just a temporary glitch. It was pretty strange that the codes just did nothing when I entered them - no errors or notices, just a refresh of the code entry screen. (But then they worked, as I said before, on the sub-account).

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I just entered my Mario Kart 8 code and got 60 coins plus the freebie game with it.

I lost out on the extra 10 because of the early registration bonus being over - but that was worth it to register it in the new Club year, even though I think I will go way over this year with all the ITB's I have expiring before next July. I'm already past Gold and only 245 from platinum and I still have 2 my digital downloads to link to this account.

So we have 2 separate issues here:

1) Nintendo can, at any time, delist games from qualifying for Club Nintendo coins. It has nothing to do with a time limit or set number of years from release or the ITB expiration. It is simply at their whim.

2) If you do have an ITB on a game, it is good for 5 years and once that date passes, you cannot register the game on that account, though it can still be registered on an account (or sub-account) that didn't do the ITB.

We kind of knew the former (games have been removed in the past) but #2 is a new thing, I think. And who knows, maybe it is just a temporary glitch. It was pretty strange that the codes just did nothing when I entered them - no errors or notices, just a refresh of the code entry screen. (But then they worked, as I said before, on the sub-account).

Just wanted to chime in on this Pins expiring business.

1) It has everything to do with 4 years from release date. There is an expiration date printed right inside of the Club Nintendo Pin sheet that is 4 year from release date. Older games (Pre-2010 in my experience of looking through old games) do not have this expiration date printed on them and that is why they are still redeemedable for coins. Sin & Punishment Star Successor was released June 27th, 2010.

2) In my experience of redeeming pins If you attempt to redeem a pin for a title you already have redeemed on your account then you get that 'error' page where it takes you back to the enter pin page with nothing displayed. Is it possible you had redeemed a pin for that game before without knowing? I'm thinking this is why you were able to then redeem that pin on a sub account.

If not it is possible that the ITB expiring creates a flag on that title in your account saying that title is no longer redeemable. If you could check your product registration history that would help narrow that down.

I have extra club codes I don't need I either already registered the game or its an extra.

I believe this is for Mario party 8 or 9

XZQ-RN39-5FGB-FW7

FOTUNE STREET

U26-E89Y-LKM4-9MP

SMASH BRO. BRAWL

TZA-QK5W-LTEV-L4V

KIRBY 20 YEAR

65B-DDCR-JNK3-D6V

POKEMON CHANNEL

RE3-DC4R-RJWT-NSX

MARIO PARTY 3DS

JRU-SQ8Y-U6VB-4LA

DIDDY KONG DS

7S3-C45X-GSV3-LR3

MARIO DREAM TEAM

GZ6-2JCZ-NKZZ-62M

YOSHI NEW ISLAND

H2V-ZRN9-W3ZM-YSZ

SPIDERMAN 2 3DS

H27-2J3V-6QN3-DVE

UNSER WHAT POKEMON GAME FOR 3DS

MVX-4J9T-LBVF-3AJ

I hope these help some of you I will post more when I get them enjoy

Thank you!  I used the pokemon codes (because I don't usually buy pokemon games) and fortune street. I didn't try Smash Bros or Kirby because I already have them.  The others seem to already be lurked or taken by someone else who is typing while I write this :) I appreciate the drop! Thanks again!

Your first code or post play survey may show  "- - coins earned", but when you click on the main page it should reflect the proper amount of coins were added. I just did a post play survey and I thought WTF?, but after I clicked on the home page the 10 coins showed.

I have a question. Kirby Dream Collection was in my to do list to area. That means I did a intend to buy survey right? I just redeemed my code and I only got 40 points (which is standard). Should I have gotten more?

I have a question. Kirby Dream Collection was in my to do list to area. That means I did a intend to buy survey right? I just redeemed my code and I only got 40 points (which is standard). Should I have gotten more?
I just checked my CN coin history, and for my Kirby Dream Collection (which I did the ITB survey for), I got the initial 40 coins + the 10 coin bonus for the ITB, and then another 10 coins for the post play survey.

Go ahead and check your coin history under Accounts and Coins >> Coins & Status >> Show Full History, it should be 40 + 10 for the initial registration.

I just checked my CN coin history, and for my Kirby Dream Collection (which I did the ITB survey for), I got the initial 40 coins + the 10 coin bonus for the ITB, and then another 10 coins for the post play survey.

Go ahead and check your coin history under Accounts and Coins >> Coins & Status >> Show Full History, it should be 40 + 10 for the initial registration.
Yeah I only got the 40. I think I got screwed. That's the first game I had done the ITB survey for. Even in my full account "to do history", it doesn't show I filled it out. It does show these games that were also listed in my to do list:

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Intent to Purchase Survey

Completed

Cut the Rope: Triple Treat

Completed

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Completed

I have the screen print showing Kirby as a to do item. Maybe I should contact them?

Teeg said:
Just wanted to chime in on this Pins expiring business.

1) It has everything to do with 4 years from release date. There is an expiration date printed right inside of the Club Nintendo Pin sheet that is 4 year from release date. Older games (Pre-2010 in my experience of looking through old games) do not have this expiration date printed on them and that is why they are still redeemedable for coins. Sin & Punishment Star Successor was released June 27th, 2010.

2) In my experience of redeeming pins If you attempt to redeem a pin for a title you already have redeemed on your account then you get that 'error' page where it takes you back to the enter pin page with nothing displayed. Is it possible you had redeemed a pin for that game before without knowing? I'm thinking this is why you were able to then redeem that pin on a sub account.
If not it is possible that the ITB expiring creates a flag on that title in your account saying that title is no longer redeemable. If you could check your product registration history that would help narrow that down.
Damn, you are right. Why hasn't this been discussed before - it is starting to effect a lot of games this year.

I never noticed the expirations inside the code sheets (I can barely even see the text let alone read it though - way to hide that shit Nintendo!) - but I see it on Mario Kart 8 and it is 4 years. But then Nintendo screwed people over by having the dates from the ITB set for 5 years then. I mean, I still have Sin & Punishment on my To-Do list even though the code is expired. All my others appear to be 5 years as well. Maybe they should fix that.

As for Pokémon Time/Darkness, I do not have any coins for them, but I do have a 0 coin entry for them on Dec, 18, 2008. I think that was the day they started this whole coin business and qualified some of your previous entries as getting coins. Maybe I needed to fill out product registration surveys and never did. So it is possible that I couldn't redeem them any more because of that even though I never got coins for them.

However, I'm not sure on the 2010 cut-off for the 4 year registrations (though see my later post as it applied to most games from that year, anyway). I was able to register 2 other games on my To-Do list for this summer (both came out in 2010, right after Sin & Punishment). One was NSMB Wii. I fished the code sheet out of my recycling and it does not seem to have an expiration date on it. Same with Wii Fit Plus.

I have Kirby Return to Dreamland (Oct 24, 2011) and on the back (and in not quite so tiny letters as on the Mario Kart 8 one) it says it expires 10/24/2015. So, yeah, that is 4 years. On my To-Do list, though, it shows it as good through Oct 24, 2016!

I'll check some more out - but yeah, it does appear that with games that do have expiration dates (which started around the 2010-2011 timeframe but maybe not on all games) they are only good for 4 years despite the Intend To Buy and thus the "To-Do" list giving you an extra year.

So that means I'll have to comb through all my codes and see which ones actually expire this club year even though they are supposed to be good for another year. Argh...

Yeah I only got the 40. I think I got screwed. That's the first game I had done the ITB survey for. Even in my full account "to do history", it doesn't show I filled it out. It does show these games that were also listed in my to do list:

I have the screen print showing Kirby as a to do item. Maybe I should contact them?
Yeah I would go ahead and contact them, they have been helpful so far with the few requests I've made to them.

I'm going to create a list of expiring codes for this Club Year. I think eventually this should go in the OP. Also, it appears they didn't set expirations on certain flagship games. Super Mario Galaxy 2 and NSMB Wii do not have expirations (at least on the papers themselves). The ones that say "needs verification" are other games that came out in that timeframe but that we haven't verified actually have expiration dates on their Club Nintendo code sheets (thanks to Kirin Lemon for those additional games).

Expiring the current club year (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015):

Dragon Quest IX - 7/11/2014
Metroid Other M - 8/31/2014
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9/12/2014
Samurai Warriors 3 - 9/27/2014 (needs verification)
Wii Party - 10/03/2014
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs - 10/04/2014 (needs verification)
Kirby's Epic Yarn - 10/17/2010 (needs verification)
Art Academy - 10/25/2014 (needs verification)
PokePark Wii Pikachu's Adventure - 11/01/2014
Flingsmash - 11/7/2014
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem - 11/14/2014
Donkey Kong Country Returns - 11/21/2014
Mario Sports Mix - 2/6/2015
Dragon Quest VI - 2/14/2015 (needs verification)
Pokemon Black/White - 3/06/2015
Pilotwings Resort 3DS - 3/27/2015
Steel Diver 3DS - 3/27/2015
All the Nintendogs + Cats variants - 3/27/2015
Wii Play: Motion - 6/13/2015 (needs verification)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS - 6/19/2015
Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident - 6/27/2015

Games that came out in 2010 or later with no expiration:

NSMB Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Wii Sports/NSMB combo code that came with certain system bundles (??)

So, yeah, Dragon Quest IX is expiring in 9 days, so make sure to redeem that if you have it. And if you don't, I'll be putting that and many others up for trade in the Club Nintendo code trade thread.

The big chunk is going to be those 3DS launch titles. I know a lot of people may have codes from Pilotwings, Steel Diver, and the Nintendogs + Cats games sitting around from when those games were dirt cheap at Best Buy.

It looks like I'll be "lapping" Platinum status 3 or 4 times this year ;).

Billytwoshoes said:
I have an Unwound Future code not yet redeemed, came out in Sept 2010, should probably check that one out sooner than later.
I'm sure that expires this year as well. That's the thing - I need go through my entire game collection as well. All I did above was to go through my "extras". That is, Club Nintendo sheets I had sitting in a drawer. I have lots more still sitting in game cases, like Unwound Future for example!

So I'm sure the list of expiring games this year will probably double.

I have most of those registered, thankfully.  It looks like I punched in the PIN for Mario Vs. DK: Mini-Land Mayhem before they implemented those shorter time limits on completing surveys, and it tells me I have until 11/14/2015 to complete it, but I wonder if that, too, will be affected...

Other games that may or may not expire during this next Club Nintendo year (currently impossible for me to check if the PINs have expirations listed, as those are in America and I'm in Japan) include:

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future (09/12/2014)

Samurai Warriors 3 (09/27/2014)

Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (10/04/2014)

Art Academy (10/25/2014)

Dragon Quest VI (02/14/2015)

Pokemon Black/White (03/06/2015)

Wii Play: Motion (06/13/2015)

Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident (06/27/2015)

If anybody has these on hand and can check whether or not the PINs have expiration dates listed, that would be very helpful.

I'm looking for these. For some reason I can't find any of my Layton games, and I know I have them all...

I have Dragon Quest VI but it is still sealed. I swear I played all the DQ DS games, but I can't remember for sure! I don't really want to open it unless I intend to play it and that seems doubtful at this point ;).

I'm still looking for the others..

Found Layton Unwound Future: yes, it is 9/12/2014! I'm just gonna register that right now so I don't forget. (Hah - turns out I already had done it - have a post-play for it expiring on the game's expiration date, actually - so that's another one like that).

And Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident is indeed 6/27/2015.

I'll add those for sure as well as the others (but those still need checking). The only ones with a chance not to have expirations are the Pokémon White/Black games since those are "flagship" games like NSMB, etc. Though I'd guess they probably do (not being major Wii releases).

I think Kirby's Epic Yarn might be another. It came out Oct 17, 2010. However, my post-play for that expires Oct 17, 2015. My Wii Party post-play also expires then, even though that game does expire this year (I have the sheet for that one). So I don't know what to think about that. I'll wait till after the expiration on that one to see if my post-play sticks around. It probably will but you never know with Nintendo...

Pokemon Black is correct... I was just about to confirm it.

I have Prof Layton where they're sitting in a boat, and the card says 10/17/2015

I also have DS Kirby (2 Kirbys on the card) expires 09/19/2015

Everything else appears to be 2016 (but the dates are now VERY small and on rad backgrounds so they're hard to read)

soonersfan60 said:
Pokemon Black is correct... I was just about to confirm it.

I have Prof Layton where they're sitting in a boat, and the card says 10/17/2015

Everything else appears to be 2016 (but the dates are now VERY small and on rad backgrounds so they're hard to read)
Thanks. Yeah, if you have one of the hard to read ones, then it is still good for another Club Year (or more). From all the ones I looked at, they didn't change up that font and make it microscopic until the last couple of years. This is why I never noticed it before. The early ones (of which I have a lot) don't have expirations. They started putting them on in 2010/2011 but they were at the bottom way below the code. I simply never read all the fine print on there, but it is pretty obvious on those now that I see them. The newer ones are pretty well hidden, though, being in that tiny print on a red background, and inside the fold instead of on the back where the code is. So the expirations were only "obvious" for a short time.

And besides, I trusted Club Nintendo to be keeping track of that stuff for me so I never really thought about it much. Even though I missed the dates on the sheets, I figured there was an expiration that was built in since I had all those "product registrations" that were set to expire throughout the years. But they were all 5 years from the date the game came out. Why they didn't make them 4 years on the To-Dos I have no idea unless it was just a screw-up or, more nefariously, they are hoping people will put them off and not be able to redeem them.

I'm going to move the list to the first post and update it there as needed (and so can the OP).

I'm going to create a list of expiring codes for this Club Year. I think eventually this should go in the OP. Also, it appears they didn't set expirations on certain flagship games. Super Mario Galaxy 2 and NSMB Wii do not have expirations (at least on the papers themselves). The ones that say "needs verification" are other games that came out in that timeframe but that we haven't verified actually have expiration dates on their Club Nintendo code sheets (thanks to Kirin Lemon for those additional games).

Expiring the current club year (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015):

Dragon Quest IX - 7/11/2014
Metroid Other M - 8/31/2014
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future - 9/12/2014
Samurai Warriors 3 - 9/27/2014 (needs verification)
Wii Party - 10/03/2014
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs - 10/04/2014 (needs verification)
Kirby's Epic Yarn - 10/17/2010 (needs verification)
Art Academy - 10/25/2014 (needs verification)
PokePark Wii Pikachu's Adventure - 11/01/2014
Flingsmash - 11/7/2014
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem - 11/14/2014
Donkey Kong Country Returns - 11/21/2014
Mario Sports Mix - 2/6/2015
Dragon Quest VI - 2/14/2015 (needs verification)
Pokemon Black/White - 3/06/2015
Pilotwings Resort 3DS - 3/27/2015
Steel Diver 3DS - 3/27/2015
All the Nintendogs + Cats variants - 3/27/2015
Wii Play: Motion - 6/13/2015 (needs verification)
Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS - 6/19/2015
Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident - 6/27/2015

Games that came out in 2010 or later with no expiration:

NSMB Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
The Wii Sports/NSMB combo code that came with certain system bundles (??)

So, yeah, Dragon Quest IX is expiring in 9 days, so make sure to redeem that if you have it. And if you don't, I'll be putting that and many others up for trade in the Club Nintendo code trade thread.

The big chunk is going to be those 3DS launch titles. I know a lot of people may have codes from Pilotwings, Steel Diver, and the Nintendogs + Cats games sitting around from when those games were dirt cheap at Best Buy.

It looks like I'll be "lapping" Platinum status 3 or 4 times this year ;).
I don't know about that.I have a CN code:

NSMB (Mario is throwing an ice ball) with 1/31/2015 same with

Smash Bros 1/31/2015

Mario Kart Wii 1/31/2015

Mario Kart DS 1/31/2015

Mario 64 DS? 1/31/2015 (Mario is squating)

These must be from the newer reprints, the front is the same as the

Kirby: 20th anniversary 9/16/2016 w/ mother/son playing

Lets assume anytime any time Nintendo reprints a game, the codes from previous prints takes on the new expiration of the same game reprints.

I'm going to assume all the Nintendo select games (no matter when they were print) have the same expiration date.

Edit: Actually, Nintendo Selects are a special category, I remember you could register a game and its Nintendo Select copy once each I think.

Interesting - yeah, those must be newer ones. I'll add that to the list.

But the NSMB Wii that I have also shows Mario throwing an ice ball and there is definitely no expiration date on it. It has a 2009 copyright on the back. But yes, it makes sense that reprinted ones might have the dates. Hopefully that doesn't mean it also applies to the non-dated ones.

Interesting - yeah, those must be newer ones. I'll add that to the list.

But the NSMB Wii that I have also shows Mario throwing an ice ball and there is definitely no expiration date on it. It has a 2009 copyright on the back. But yes, it makes sense that reprinted ones might have the dates. Hopefully that doesn't mean it also applies to the non-dated ones.
I would assume that it WOULD apply. I can't imagine they have different entries in their system for some copies of the game versus others. Only one way to find out for sure, of course...

I also have a sealed copy of Dragon Quest VI, so can't confirm the date, but I did do the ITB and the exp date is 02/14/2016. So, from the 5/4 year evidence, 02/14/2015 seems like the likely expiration.

Also, original games and New Play Control games vs. their Nintendo Selects counterparts do seem to have different exp dates based on their release/reprint date.

I registered New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis on Apr. 6 and did not receive any Coins. Nintendo Selects Mario Power Tennis still is eligible though.

Kirby Mass Attack

I went through all my games and looked at the Club Nintendo slips. Most of my personal collection are from when the games launched. I also have a stack of Wii codes from my workplace (work at a library that has a game collection) that I grab when the games come in. These titles would have been purchased in 2013. I noticed that Wii titles from my personal collection are original run and do not have the expiration date. While all from my workplace are more modern style and do have the expiration date. So these are in the re-print category.

I also noticed that there are 3-4 different styles of slips.

1st style are the ones that have Nintendo Power info on them, and have a different colour to them to reflect the game.

2nd style are the ones that have a unique coloring to reflect the game, but no Nintendo Power info.

Both these styles have no Expiration date written on them and refer to my.nintendo.com to register.

3rd style are the red and white CN branded ones that are the same style for each title, but have a different logo to reflect the game. They have an expiration date listed on the back underneath the code.

4th style are the current style that Wii U and 3DS titles come with where the expiration date is written inside the fold.

As for dates expiring in this CN year I found (dd/mm/yyyy):

Wii (Duplicates indicate 2 different slip types)
Metroid: Other M - 31/08/2014    
Metroid: Other M - 31/08/2014
Kirby's Epic Yarn - 17/10/2014    
Kirby's Epic Yarn - 17/10/2014
FlingSmash - 07/11/2014
Donkey Kong Country Returns - 21/11/2014
Donkey Kong Country Returns - 21/11/2014
Super Mario All Stars - 12/12/2014
Mario Kart Wii - 31/01/2015
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - 31/01/2015    
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - 31/01/2015    
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 31/01/2015    
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 15/05/2015
Wii Sports (Nintendo Selects) - 15/05/2015    
Super Mario Galaxy - 18/09/2015    
Super Paper Mario - 18/09/2015

DS/3DS
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn - 29/11/2014
Pokémon Black Version - 06/03/2015
Steel Diver - 27/03/2015    
Pilotwings Resort - 27/03/2015    
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D - 19/06/2015

Also to note, both Picross DS and Battalion Wars 2 are already expired, as I entered them last CN year (likely around March) and was given the expired message and received 0 coins for them. The code still registers to your account, but you receive 0 coins. Both of these slips did not have an expiration date printed on them, so even if there is no date printed on the slip it still has one in the system.

"I also have a stack of Wii codes from my workplace (work at a library that has a game collection) that I grab when the games come in. These titles would have been purchased in 2013. I noticed that Wii titles from my personal collection are original run and do not have the expiration date. While all from my workplace are more modern style and do have the expiration date. So these are in the re-print category.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - 15/05/2015
Wii Sports (Nintendo Selects) - 15/05/2015
Super Mario Galaxy - 18/09/2015
Super Paper Mario - 18/09/2015
I live in a large/realatively wealthy metropolitian area (Wash DC) and none of my libraries carry games WTF?

Also, are those 4 games above from all Nintendo Selects or just Wii Sports is and the rest are actual reprints?

Just registered

DS - slips w/ Nintendo Power info

Nintendogs - Labrador & Friends - got 20 coints

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 March of the Minis - no coins

StarFox Command - no coins

Magical Starsign - no coins

DS - slip with back and white Mario peeking through - older slip than the ones above

Super Mario 64 DS - 30 coins

Wii

Sin and Punishment - no coins as reported

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat???? - no coins

I live in a large/realatively wealthy metropolitian area (Wash DC) and none of my libraries carry games WTF?

Also, are those 4 games above from all Nintendo Selects or just Wii Sports is and the rest are actual reprints?
It took a few years of me backing the idea with the librarians (I'm the IT guy) but eventually they were able to convince the board that it's a worthwhile idea. It's really no different then the vast DVD collection that we have which actually circulates much more than the print collection.

I'd say go in and start asking staff about it. Don't demand it, but just say that you know other libraries have done it and it would be very well received by the public. Surprisingly my library values patron recommendations quite highly and if someone suggests something it's usually purchased.

Just checked and only Super Paper Mario was on the shelf and it was a Selects version, so I'd assume the rest were as well, since I doubt the supplier would have had the normal version available in 2012/2013.

Also to note, both Picross DS and Battalion Wars 2 are already expired, as I entered them last CN year (likely around March) and was given the expired message and received 0 coins for them. The code still registers to your account, but you receive 0 coins. Both of these slips did not have an expiration date printed on them, so even if there is no date printed on the slip it still has one in the system.
For some reason, Battalion Wars 2 and Excite Truck both have CN slips, but either they never gave coins, or they stopped much earlier than other titles. When I first started using CN (about 2010), I never remember seeing either of them under the eligible products list for coins. That would of been four years for Excite Truck, so maybe Nintendo started this whole code expiration thing earlier than 2010 released games.

Where are you guys seeing the expiration dates? I have a big brain academy code to enter. How can I help with the list? Is it on the website or on the printed card? LMK.

EDIT: I think post play surveys are dead. I just entered a code for a wii, got the 100 coins. Then it showed a post play in my to do list. Filled it out and I didn't get any coins.

EDIT 2: It also says I had a wii survey expire April 2014. WTF.

So I contacted NOA a few days ago via webform about the MK8 code that was redeemed on my daughter's account.  I just got an email back with a code for LoZ:WWHD.  Well played, Nintendo.  Great service, IMO.

Teeg said:
nixmahn said:
DS - slips w/ Nintendo Power info
Nintendogs - Labrador & Friends - got 20 coints
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2 March of the Minis - no coins
StarFox Command - no coins
Magical Starsign - no coins

DS - slip with back and white Mario peeking through - older slip than the ones above
Super Mario 64 DS - 30 coins

Wii
Sin and Punishment - no coins as reported
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat???? - no coins
Billytwoshoes said:
For some reason, Battalion Wars 2 and Excite Truck both have CN slips, but either they never gave coins, or they stopped much earlier than other titles. When I first started using CN (about 2010), I never remember seeing either of them under the eligible products list for coins. That would of been four years for Excite Truck, so maybe Nintendo started this whole code expiration thing earlier than 2010 released games.
OK, let's clear up a few things here.

First of all, don't forget this site, which tells you which products are eligible for coins:

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

So on there you can see stuff like StarFox Command is not eligible. Note that most of these did not expire, they never qualified for coins in the first place. Those aren't "Club Nintendo" slips in those older games, they are "My Nintendo" slips (see the bottom of my post).

I guess some of you people haven't been entering codes since the Gamecube and Game Boy Advance days. But don't forget, code registration was around long before Club Nintendo and the whole coin/gold/platinum prize business. There were codes associated with most (if not all) Nintendo first-party games and systems from at least 2005-2008 (before Club Nintendo existed). They only assigned coin values to a small handful of these original codes when they switched over to Club Nintendo.

On my product page, I have a Gamecube, a GameBoy Advance SP, a Gameboy Micro and several other pieces of old hardware registered. I also have Mario Party 5, Mario Kart Double Dash, Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls (a GBA game), and several other Gamecube, Gameboy, and original DS games going all the way back until 2005. (And the registration program may have gone on before that, even).

If I look at my coin history, it looks like the current Club Nintendo started up on Dec. 19, 2008. That is when all the games and systems I registered previously got assigned coin values (or not). Even some Wii games like Battalion Wars 2 and Excite Truck were never qualified to receive coins. Thus, they didn't expire - they were never part of the promo to begin with. I had both of those in my history prior to the implementation of Club Nintendo and they never got me any coins.

The games that got me coins that I had entered prior to the start of Club Nintendo on Dec. 19, 2008 were: Wii Play, Clubhouse Games, World of Goo, Metroid Prime 3 Corruption, Wii Music, Mario Super Sluggers, Wario Land: Shake It!, Mario Party 8, Super Paper Mario, Link's Crossbow Training, Super Smash Bros Brawl, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, and Mario Strikers Charged.

Note that every one of those (with the exception of World of Goo since I think all Wii downloadable games have been decoupled from Club Nintendo) is still valid according to the Nintendo eligibility list.

So everything prior to 2010 that was ever eligible for coins (except for Wii shop games) is still eligible. Then, in 2010, they introduced the expiration dates and we're starting to hit those now. But the oldies are still good.

However, I am a bit worried about the expiration dates showing up on games like NSMB Wii. It is one thing for the Nintendo Selects versions to have expirations, because those are listed as separate games on the eligibility list. But Super Mario Galaxy 2 and NSMB Wii only have one entry. Hopefully the expirations are tied to the codes themselves and not to the entire lot of games. That is, if you have an original NSMB Wii code hopefully that stays good even when the reprint ones expire. But I'm not too hopeful about that.

In any case, we are well past 4 years for a lot of the stuff that didn't get reprinted. Hopefully those, at least, stay good for a while longer and that Nintendo will give some warning if they do intend to make them invalid. We have some precedent for that when they let us know in advance of the new club year a few years back when a lot of the point values were changing (with many Wii games dropping from 50 to 20-40, and some DS/3DS games going up).

Here's a little blurb about the origins of Club Nintendo in North America from Wikipedia:
Previously, questions were raised over Club Nintendo's conspicuous absence in the region. In 2007, then-vice president of Marketing and Corporate Affairs for Nintendo of America Inc. (NOA) Perrin Kaplan stated that the inclusion area of the United States is much larger than all the other Club Nintendo countries, and that the program was considered prohibitively expensive to set up. Kaplan also said that the company considered the pre-order bonuses and game registration promos it offered were an alternative to Club Nintendo.[9] Nintendo of America ultimately relented due to customer demand[10] and announced that a Club Nintendo program for North America in October 2008.[11]

The program was launched on December 15, 2008, retiring the My Nintendo registration program.[12] The site experienced high traffic at its initial launch, resulting in login problems and slow load times for users.[13] It was taken offline on December 24, 2008, reopening almost a week later on December 30 with noticeable infrastructure improvements. The North America catalog was developed in conjunction with Nintendo Australia[citation needed] and uses Coins instead of Stars.
I couldn't remember what it was called before Club Nintendo: "My Nintendo", apparently.

Some of you may (or may not) recall that there was some "controversy" when Nintendo first started giving coins for registering games because there were some seemingly odd choices about which games were eligible to get coins and which ones were not. But overall, I'm happy to get something rather than nothing... I just wished I lived in Japan to get their stuff !

Some of you may (or may not) recall that there was some "controversy" when Nintendo first started giving coins for registering games because there were some seemingly odd choices about which games were eligible to get coins and which ones were not. But overall, I'm happy to get something rather than nothing... I just wished I lived in Japan to get their stuff !
The best part is that a lot of Japan's Club Nintendo merchandise is readily available on Yahoo Auctions for reasonable prices. I pretty much have all the stuff I've wanted from the last several years already, woo!

slowdive21 said:
So where are the expiration dates?
You mean in the OP (where I am about to update with Teeg's info) or on the slips?

They aren't on pre-2010 slips at all (which came in pre-Club Nintendo and post-Club Nintendo varieties).

Then, as Teeg laid out:

3rd style are the red and white CN branded ones that are the same style for each title, but have a different logo to reflect the game. They have an expiration date listed on the back underneath the code.

4th style are the current style that Wii U and 3DS titles come with where the expiration date is written inside the fold.

EDIT: I think post play surveys are dead. I just entered a code for a wii, got the 100 coins. Then it showed a post play in my to do list. Filled it out and I didn't get any coins.

EDIT 2: It also says I had a wii survey expire April 2014. WTF.
1. PP survey for Wii console? That's kinda strange. But as that Eligible Products list reads, listed Wii/DS games (consoles?) will no longer be eligible for PP surveys, or at least the coin portion. Can't confirm this as I haven't registered any listed games after that date.

2. [customspoiler=I have two pair of two Wii registration lines.]
gallery_324715_8287_74878.png

[/customspoiler] All the same console. Don't know where the expired survey came from, as I never noticed it till all of this, nor do I know if I coulda gotten another 100 coins.

You mean in the OP (where I am about to update with Teeg's info) or on the slips?

They aren't on pre-2010 slips at all (which came in pre-Club Nintendo and post-Club Nintendo varieties).

Then, as Teeg laid out:
ahh ok I have a 2007 game, so I wanted to check to see if you guys needed anything before I entered the code. (Big Brain Academy-irony)

1. PP survey for Wii console? That's kinda strange. But as that Eligible Products list reads, listed Wii/DS games (consoles?) will no longer be eligible for PP surveys, or at least the coin portion. Can't confirm this as I haven't registered any listed games after that date.

2. [customspoiler=I have two pair of two Wii registration lines.]
gallery_324715_8287_74878.png

[/customspoiler] All the same console. Don't know where the expired survey came from, as I never noticed it till all of this, nor do I know if I coulda gotten another 100 coins.
That is how my account looks too, except I have 2 sets.

slowdive21 said:
ahh ok I have a 2007 game, so I wanted to check to see if you guys needed anything before I entered the code. (Big Brain Academy-irony)
Well of course let us know if it doesn't work. You have to figure at some point they will retire these older codes. But like I said before, hopefully they do it with some warning and make the expiration at the end of the Club year like they did with the point changes a few years back.

If I look at my coin history, it looks like the current Club Nintendo started up on Dec. 19, 2008. That is when all the games and systems I registered previously got assigned coin values (or not). Even some Wii games like Battalion Wars 2 and Excite Truck were never qualified to receive coins. Thus, they didn't expire - they were never part of the promo to begin with. I had both of those in my history prior to the implementation of Club Nintendo and they never got me any coins.

I couldn't remember what it was called before Club Nintendo: "My Nintendo", apparently.
Thanks for clearing up the confusion over BW2 and Excite Truck, I always thought those never gave coins to begin with, but I read conflicting statements online.

I do remember My Nintendo, as all my GCN games that came with the slip had that on there. Just never bothered with registering them before though.

I received a reply from Nintendo regarding the email I had sent them about the Sin & Punishment expiration today:

[SIZE=small]Thank you for contacting us and I apologize for the delay in our response.[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] I'm sorry to hear about the miscommunication between what was displayed on your For You (To-Dos) list and the expiration date of your survey. I also wanted to thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can look into the matter. I can't promise what kind of resolution we may have, but I have forwarded your comments to another department within the company.[/SIZE]
I also replied to this email with the new information we've uncovered about pretty much ALL product registration deadlines from here on out being off by a year. Hopefully they'll get this mess fixed.

Already received a reply on my second email. I'm not sure this person understood what I was saying at all. Sigh.

[SIZE=small]Thanks for writing back. I can certainly understand your concerns regarding the expiration dates for PIN codes and Intend to Buy surveys. We appreciate your taking the time to share this information with us. As such, I'll be sure to document your email and add it to the record of feedback for our Club Nintendo program.[/SIZE]

That said, I can confirm that retail software PIN codes expire after a specific period of time has passed. This expiration date is located on the insert with the Club Nintendo PIN. Please note, once a PIN has expired, it can still be registered, but is no longer eligible for surveys or Coins. [SIZE=small] For the most current list of eligible games, please refer to the following page on the Club Nintendo website: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]Thanks again for writing.[/SIZE]
"I'll be sure to document your email and add it to the record of feedback" is likely a longer way of saying "Uh huh, that's nice, whatever."

Heads up, Dragon Quest IX codes expire in 2 days.

Next up is Metroid Other M, which expires on Aug 31st.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but it's occurring to me now that the 5 year expiration on product registration surveys may have just been a 'hidden' post play survey exp date (the last possible exp date taken from among all possible surveys for a given game). Club Nintendo may have done this as a way to show that you could still earn at least some coins in the event that the registration date had already passed. How else could they indicate that a game was eligible for PP coins, but not registration coins?

If you are filling out an ITB survey and indicate your intent to buy the game used (assuming no code), why would you be filling out the ITB survey in the first place if you cannot even register the game to get the bonus coins?

Don't tell me survey data.

I've gotten plenty of used games from Gamestop with valid codes. I don't think the majority of game buyers even know what they are. (These were not new-to-used game conversions as Gamestop sometimes does - they were things like Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and NSMB 2).

I was able to trade for a Wii Fit Plus (game only) code and redeem it. It gave me 30 points, so that was 20 for the game and 10 for the ITB I must have done on it a long time ago. This is a pre-expiration date game and yet it was on my To-Do's as expiring this year (5 years after it came out).

So for those games older than 4 years that don't have explicit expiration dates, we at least have expirations on the ITB coins. It would be interesting to see if they also make the codes themselves expire. A few more are coming up soon (like Fossil Fighters DS). Or does that mean that my ability to register it expires, but it is still good for people who never did the ITB? That will be interesting to determine but I may have to sacrifice a code to do so.

So, there are 4 options that I see on these 5 year expirations (for games that otherwise don't have expiration dates printed on the code sheets):

1) The 5 years is just a placeholder and means nothing (you still get reg coins + ITB + post-play)
2) The ITB 10 coin bonus expires after 5 years but you still get the registration coins and post-play
3) If you did the ITB, thus "starting the clock" on your To-Do list, you cannot register that game at all once the 5 years is up. Yet others (even your own sub-accounts) can still register the game.
4) They actually plan to make these games expire completely after 5 years, even though they don't have explicit expiration dates.

Really disappointed in Club Nintendo this year.  I rarely do digital games.  I actually enjoy exclusive merch things from their store.  (I am probably in the minority...especially if this is what they did with the reward.)

Platinum Only:

• Game and Wario – Wii U
  • NES Remix – Wii U
  • Earthbound – Wii U
  • Dr. Luigi – Wii U
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D – 3DS
  • Fluidity: Spin Cycle – 3DS
  • Dillon’s Rolling Western – 3DS
  • Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move – 3DS
Platinum and Gold:

• Ice Climber – Wii U
  • Kid Icarus – Wii U
  • Super Mario Bros. – Wii U
  • Zelda II: The Adventure of Link – Wii U
  • Donkey Kong 3 – 3DS
  • Wario Land 2 – 3DS
  • Metroid – 3DS
  • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins – 3DS
Not sure what I'll get.  I have most everything I would want on that list (in physical form).  Maybe Dillon's Rolling Western?

There's a lot of bitching about the rewards in deal's forum thread, but I was super happy to get DKC:R rather than just some old VC game I'd never play or physical items I have no interest in (posters, calenders, figures etc.) as in past years.

Though I do get that it sucks if you already have, or don't want, any of the option. But digital game codes are pretty easy to sell off to get some cash that you can then use to buy/put towards a game you do want.

I think the Platinum rewards are very good. Gold, not so much. The Wii U VC games for Gold were already given to me 3 years ago on 3DS as ambassador games. I barely made Gold, though, anyhow. I'll take what I can get.

bread's done
Back