NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

I just got this email from Nintendo about the gold/elite status bug they are currently having on their website.

Hello,

Thanks for writing. I appreciate your contacting us in regard to your Coins not being applied to this year’s Elite status. We are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. We’ll send you a follow-up email to let you know when this issue has been resolved, so you won’t need to contact us back.

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

You have our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
And... It looks fixed as its now showing me at Gold for the 2014 year.

I've been waiting for the new year to roll over to register my 3DS XL for months now.

What, exactly, do I register?  The serial number?

I've been waiting for the new year to roll over to register my 3DS XL for months now.

What, exactly, do I register? The serial number?
There should be a pin on a slip like games have. But I think they are linked to the serial number and you can enter either one. I think I entered the pin but they have my SN listed anyway.

I just got this email from Nintendo about the gold/elite status bug they are currently having on their website.

Hello,

Thanks for writing. I appreciate your contacting us in regard to your Coins not being applied to this year’s Elite status. We are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. We’ll send you a follow-up email to let you know when this issue has been resolved, so you won’t need to contact us back.

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

You have our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
Yeah, I got an email that it was fixed, and everything looks correct now.

After registering my open game codes, and after the post play surveys come next week, I'll only have 80 coins left for Platinum.  I have enough codes in sealed games for that, so no problem there.

Going to be harder for me to hit Platinum next CN year, as I can no longer milk the coin greatness that was Wii Fit.

Hopefully the platinum reward will be a club nintendo exclusive console and 40 physical games for it.

/sarcasm
I'm betting it'll be something useless again this year. The platinum rewards seem to get worse as the years progress, and yet, every year I still make sure I'm platinum...

I've actually been pretty okay with the Platinum rewards so far. A still-exclusive and unavailable game in Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!!, the Mario statue, the pin set, and the playing cards. None of them are the greatest thing in the world, but I just keep reminding myself how many more people the North American Club Nintendo has to deal with. I'd even argue that the most disappointing of those rewards was the playing cards, but even they were kind of cool with the see-through plastic and what-not. Though, they get glitter *everywhere*.

So, honestly, I can't complain. I register things because, hell, I bought the games. I would've bought the games regardless, so this is just a nice little bonus. Plus, some of the standard rewards are pretty great. Love the pouches, the Mario/Luigi hat 3DS cases, and the gold nunchuk. Sure, I'd love some of the stuff Japan has gotten (SNES CC, Galaxy soundtracks), but I'm still pretty pleased with what I've gotten out of CN in the past few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm a broken record about this, but I just hope they offer downloadable games or something equivalent again for gold members.

I know I'm a broken record about this, but I just hope they offer downloadable games or something equivalent again for gold members.
I'd be shocked if they didn't. It literally costs them nothing to do that, and most people would appreciate it more than a calendar.

That's the other thing about CN... even though the standard rewards are getting less and less amazing, I'm still thrilled about the downloadable games option. I like chintzy crap as much as the next guy, but being able to instead use points on a game is pretty great (well, provided the selection that month isn't terrible). In the long run, it saves me money... or gives me the opportunity to get games I likely wouldn't have paid for.

Hope they begin really catering to the Wii U owners at some point, since I'd love to be able to, say, use 200-300 points on something like the upgraded Super Mario World. I refuse to transfer my stuff from the Wii to the Wii U (the Wii is hooked up to an SDTV), so that'd be a great way to *not* have to pay $7 again.

That's the other thing about CN... even though the standard rewards are getting less and less amazing, I'm still thrilled about the downloadable games option. I like chintzy crap as much as the next guy, but being able to instead use points on a game is pretty great (well, provided the selection that month isn't terrible). In the long run, it saves me money... or gives me the opportunity to get games I likely wouldn't have paid for.
Honestly this is the reason I got more into CN is because of the downloadable games. I'm not complaining about any of the physical rewards, but for the most part they are just items to store on the shelf or for flipping / trade fodder, so they don't interest me as much. I personally think they have been on the decline (which makes sense if there are more people taking advantage of the program), but not complaining about the option / method of acquisition at least.

I actually took the gold reward (Super Mario Kart) last year rather than the cards, simply because I know I would never spend the 800 points to buy it, and I missed it the first time it was offered as a reward, and the cards did not entice me. I'm sure Nintendo likes this scenario too, saves them on shipping costs at the least, and they didn't really lose a sale from it either way.

Plus the game offers give me a reason to check CN regularly, something interesting to look forward to at the start of the month (rather than just new bills).

I hope that, like last year, they offer different choices for rewards. I hope even more that platinum member get to chose two (like a physical reward + a downloadable game).

On a side note, When I logged in today, I had a bonus survey (10 coins) waiting for me about animal crossing. It said it was given to random members. You might want to check if you have it in you to-do list.

So, I haven't been very active with this CN thing, so I wanted some clarification on something. The CN year just started, yeah? Should my current coin count (since it didn't reset) count towards my status for this year? Currently only 10 of my coins are, which came from the Animal Crossing bonus survey incominggame mentioned above.

So, I haven't been very active with this CN thing, so I wanted some clarification on something. The CN year just started, yeah? Should my current coin count (since it didn't reset) count towards my status for this year? Currently only 10 of my coins are, which came from the Animal Crossing bonus survey incominggame mentioned above.
Only coins earned during the current year count.

How long will a WiiU system survey remain available? I'd like to wait until the next club Nintendo year if possible, as I won't need the coins to reach platinum this year.

http://tay.kotaku.com/its-official-youre-the-best-club-nintendo-awards-a-785568982

Gold/Platinum

• Sakura Samurai (3DS)
  • Super Mario Land (3DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3DS)
  • WarioWare DIY Showcase (Wii)
  • Super Smash Bros (Wii)
  • 2014 Nintendo Calendar
Platinum

• The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask OST
  • 3 Poster Set, including Wind Waker HD, Year of Luigi and Pikmin 3
Which one will you choose?

Kinda bummed I wanted something along the lines of the statue/hat/ better then the pins.

Also, Why are the downloadable games not for the Wii U. Come on Nintendo get with it!

I do Appreciate the gifts but it would be nice if they were on the current Platform which might help increase people wanting to buy a Wii U

Will have to go to eBay for the posters or the soundtrack, since I'll gift myself the other Platinum prize.

I'm one (of the few?) that doesn't like the game downloads.  I love collector/physical merch. 

Will have to go to eBay for the posters or the soundtrack, since I'll gift myself the other Platinum prize.

I'm one (of the few?) that doesn't like the game downloads. I love collector/physical merch.
Your not the only one.

Wow. Club Nintendo doesn't really offer anything good anymore huh? Posters? A sound track for Plat members? Really?

I'm one (of the few?) that doesn't like the game downloads. I love collector/physical merch.
I don't like them much either which is why last year i couldn't decide and forgot to pick my reward.

If only the soundtrack CD was for DKCR, as it has been one of Japan's regular CN items, I would of been more more excited, but the MM one still seems solid enough, so I took that one.  The game download selection wasn't interesting enough for me, so I opted for the physical merch this year.

Anyone having trouble redeeming? Decided on the calendar, but the site is running slow. 

Edit: Nm, reloaded the site a few times and it worked.

Wasn't able to get platinum this year but reached gold. Really like the playing cards last year and the pin set with the interesting packaging the year prior. Thinking about trading off my gold (where's Strell?)

edit:starting to think I'll just try out that indy eshop samurai game.

So we've gone from an awesome statue, to a pin set, to a deck of playing cards, to now a set of posters or a CD...

Honestly, this is pathetic at this point.  I have no interest in either of the offers, and the game downloads have been offered before.

I can't decide between the posters or the CD. They're both things I love. Would love to have the Pikmin and Zelda Posters, but then I lose the CD. The Luigi Poster is kinda.. meh. Decisions, decisions!! What are y'all getting?

I can't decide between the posters or the CD. They're both things I love. Would love to have the Pikmin and Zelda Posters, but then I lose the CD. The Luigi Poster is kinda.. meh. Decisions, decisions!! What are y'all getting?
Due credit given to admiralvic for the idea, but if you want to get both of them, better to order the posters from Nintendo and then buy the soundtrack on eBay after they start flooding in. If there is any damage to the posters (which is more likely, especially if you wanted to buy them on eBay), let Nintendo bear that responsibility. The MM soundtrack will be cheaper to ship and barring a simple cracked jewel case (which is easily replaced), it would be safer to buy them online.

That being said, I still went for the soundtrack, as that is something I would actually use, or would be willing to sell easy enough (as I'm sure many other CAGs would).

Due credit given to admiralvic for the idea, but if you want to get both of them, better to order the posters from Nintendo and then buy the soundtrack on eBay after they start flooding in. If there is any damage to the posters (which is more likely, especially if you wanted to buy them on eBay), let Nintendo bear that responsibility. The MM soundtrack will be cheaper to ship and barring a simple cracked jewel case (which is easily replaced), it would be safer to buy them online.

That being said, I still went for the soundtrack, as that is something I would actually use, or would be willing to sell easy enough (as I'm sure many other CAGs would).
Definitely a good point. I will go with the posters since I do want 2 of the 3, and buy the CD later, eBay or a CAG that's willing to sell it.

I'll buy the posters (well really just want the Wind Waker one) and the Soundtrack off of somebody?That Wind Waker poster looks gorgeous!!!!! I have the pins from last year still unopened I'm willing to trade as well.

bread's done
Back