New EB/Gamestop Promo

dxology

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
When i was at EB this morning i found a flyer in the corner
Trade in any 2 playstation 3 or Wii games and Get 1 free
$20 extra trade in credit when you trade in an xbox 360, ps2, xbox, gc, psp, or ds game system
Get any Xbox 360 game for $9.99 when you trade in 2 Xbox 360 games.

It says you must present coupon to redeem offer. Limited time offers end 01/15/07.
Im not sure when the promo actually starts tho.

what a ripping off deal ever.

2 wii games & 2 PS3 games = over $100 values for 1 free game. I rather sell it on ebay instead trade-in.

You can get very cheap Sport XBOX 360 games & get NEW game $10.

[quote name='Masterkyo']what a ripping off deal ever.

2 wii games & 2 PS3 games = over $100 values for 1 free game. I rather sell it on ebay instead trade-in.

You can get very cheap Sport XBOX 360 games & get NEW game $10.[/QUOTE]

The cheaper 360 games are probably excluded, just like they were last time that part of the promo ran.

Nice an extra $20 when you trade in a system, maybe it's time to trade in my gamecube, just have to find those original composite cables, as I have been had been using the elusive component video cables.

No he is referring to 2 ps3 games = $120, 2 Wii games = $100, it is a ripoff to trade games with that kind of value for 1 game. Thats a 50-60 dollar loss IMO. Thats why i go to a different place where you trade-in games and get their original value back.;) Also to the other person i am sure outfit is exlcuded because it was last time.

[quote name='Masterkyo']what a ripping off deal ever.

You can get very cheap Sport XBOX 360 games & get NEW game $10.[/quote]

Learn to read a little better, would ya?

[quote name='iloveqtchickz']You can go to BB and get two Outfits for 9.99 and do the offer.. so you're getting a 360 game for 30 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Except that the outfit is probably excluded, just like it was the last time this promo ran ;)

This might be a good time to get rid of my PSP. I know it's a rip off but I received two for $170 due to a website goof. Both were refurbs and one went to GS immediately after I received it. I feel bad selling it on ebay sine the top corner is scratched pretty good and there is lint under the screen. That will leave my my 4GB pro duo, Loco Roco, Trust Sound System and case all for eBay/craigslist.

[quote name='fatbeer']eb/gamestop will have lots of wii sports tradins after christmas.[/QUOTE]
It's a pack in game with every Wii. They'd be insane to take it. I suppose they might for a dollar or two to sell to used Wii buyers.

wii sports won't be bundled with the system forever. i would place all bets on them dropping the price of the system to $200 without wii sports next summer when ps3s become plentiful. it just makes sense.

[quote name='somahead33']This might be a good time to get rid of my PSP. I know it's a rip off but I received two for $170 due to a website goof. Both were refurbs and one went to GS immediately after I received it. I feel bad selling it on ebay sine the top corner is scratched pretty good and there is lint under the screen. That will leave my my 4GB pro duo, Loco Roco, Trust Sound System and case all for eBay/craigslist.[/quote]

I think gamecrazy gives 110 for a psp. At gamestop they give $60 I think so even with the extra $20 you're still getting screwed.

[quote name='snake']I think gamecrazy gives 110 for a psp. At gamestop they give $60 I think so even with the extra $20 you're still getting screwed.[/quote]

And I give $150 if it has a 32 MB stick and a charger.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']wii sports won't be bundled with the system forever. i would place all bets on them dropping the price of the system to $200 without wii sports next summer when ps3s become plentiful. it just makes sense.[/quote]

It will be sold separately soon...1/1/07

Link

Date might not be set in stone

[quote name='sting0r']Nice an extra $20 when you trade in a system, maybe it's time to trade in my gamecube, just have to find those original composite cables, as I have been had been using the elusive component video cables.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you're composite cables should still be connected to your gamecube. They are no audio connectors with the component cable, so you should be using your red and white audio inputs in your composite cables.

That's cool that they are running the trade 2 for 1 deal on 360 games so now I can finally get Gears of War on the cheap.

I wonder when this starts and can we get a pic of the coupon?

[quote name='grimlock49']It will be sold separately soon...1/1/07

Link

Date might not be set in stone[/QUOTE]

Hahaha...that's funny who would pay $50 for that?

[quote name='pinoy530']Actually, you're composite cables should still be connected to your gamecube. They are no audio connectors with the component cable, so you should be using your red and white audio inputs in your composite cables.[/quote]

I just realized that when I took it apart, so did I understand the deal correctly? I can get $45 for my cube, but I need this coupon?

I'm tempted to trade in my Gamecube for this. I mean my Wii IS a gamecube and then some.... but it's being kinda hard to do this :(

And at 3, 4 games for an extra 10-20%.. I am kinda tempted. Especially since I got Red Steel and it PRETTY MUCH isn't great.. :(

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']the "trade 5 get 30% extra" started today too, right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. And although I do not normally shop at Gamestop, I did the $80 XBox trade in, $45 for my GC, and 30% off 5 games today and scored an XBox 360 with 2 year replacement warranty and COD2 for $220.

[quote name='sonnyboy11']Yes. And although I do not normally shop at Gamestop, I did the $80 XBox trade in, $45 for my GC, and 30% off 5 games today and scored an XBox 360 with 2 year replacement warranty and COD2 for $220.[/QUOTE]

That's excellent :)

(You DID get the Premium 360 I assume?)

What 5 games did you trade in--how much were they and how much extra did ya get?

[quote name='sting0r']So do you need the coupon to get the extra $20 on a trade-in? Does anyone have a link to a coupon?[/QUOTE]
No, you dont need a coupon, but you might need to print out the offer on EB/GS website incase your GS/EB doesn't know about the offer.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']awesome if they accept Burger King games.[/quote]

haha... yeah. Speaking of, has anyone actually tried trading those in yet?

..... You've got to be fucking kidding me.

I JUST traded in my Gamecube on Monday, thinking they wouldn't have any decent trade in deals this close to Christmas. I feel like a fool!

:whistle2:x

Gamestop still gives store credit OR cash, right? If I want cash, is it still a lower amount than what I'd get in store credit? I'm thinking of trading in my DS(old model) and Gamecube...

[quote name='sasukekun']No, you dont need a coupon, but you might need to print out the offer on EB/GS website incase your GS/EB doesn't know about the offer.[/quote]

Thanks, if anyone has the link to the website I would appreciate it. Maybe I am just tired this morning, but I can't seem to find the info on their site.

[quote name='Gabers']Gamestop still gives store credit OR cash, right? If I want cash, is it still a lower amount than what I'd get in store credit? I'm thinking of trading in my DS(old model) and Gamecube...[/QUOTE]

Yes, they still give cash as an option. You take a 20% hit versus the trade-in credit, but they still give it.

Does anyone actually trade or sell their stuff to stores like Gamespot & EB? Unless your fetish is getting ripped off (no pun intended), you shouldn't really be supporting this stupid merged company that likes to rip off its customers and have no respect for the gamers.

[/rant]

If you're tired of the game/system, sell it to a friend you know. Hell, sell it on ebay. At least you'll get a very reasonable amount of money for them. If more people do this, we wouldn't continue to see stupid ass deals/promos like this.

[quote name='Awcrap']Does anyone actually trade or sell their stuff to stores like Gamespot & EB? Unless your fetish is getting ripped off (no pun intended), you shouldn't really be supporting this stupid merged company that likes to rip off its customers and have no respect for the gamers.

[/rant]

If you're tired of the game/system, sell it to a friend you know. Hell, sell it on ebay. At least you'll get a very reasonable amount of money for them. If more people do this, we wouldn't continue to see stupid ass deals/promos like this.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='sting0r']Nice an extra $20 when you trade in a system, maybe it's time to trade in my gamecube, just have to find those original composite cables, as I have been had been using the elusive component video cables.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Wii you'll want component cables for that, so you won't need Cube component cables.

Complete rip off deal on the trade 2 for one Wii game; Wii games sell for over $40 each on Ebay.

I traded my cube in a few weeks ago got the extra 20 bucks, and put my credit towards reserving a wii game to get an additional 30%. I ended up getting 60 for it i think, it was the same value they resell it at. I then later canceled all of my wii game reserves (to which the gs/eb employees were VERY reluctant). The only problem now is that I've got 215 bucks credit at the store and don't know if i want a wii or ps3. Both systems only have 1 good game (zelda/resistance) and i'm leaning towards ps3...maybe there will be a price drop in 6 months...

[quote name='Zmanmurf']I traded my cube in a few weeks ago got the extra 20 bucks, and put my credit towards reserving a wii game to get an additional 30%. I ended up getting 60 for it i think, it was the same value they resell it at. I then later canceled all of my wii game reserves (to which the gs/eb employees were VERY reluctant). The only problem now is that I've got 215 bucks credit at the store and don't know if i want a wii or ps3. Both systems only have 1 good game (zelda/resistance) and i'm leaning towards ps3...maybe there will be a price drop in 6 months...[/QUOTE]
Get a Wii

but back on topic....

this deal is complete BS...the only real reason I could see anyone doing this is if they used the toys 'r us deal to get 3 games for roughly $34 each and then traded those in to get a game that was out of stock

but that's still retarded

ebay! :)

[quote name='lilboo']That's excellent :)

(You DID get the Premium 360 I assume?)

What 5 games did you trade in--how much were they and how much extra did ya get?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Premium one. It's nice! Rocked MUA out for a while last night on it (in between Zelda) and had a blast! Cannot imagine there ever being a better deal if you don't need your old XBox GC and/or PS2 anymore.

As for the games, I did a wide variety. Metroid (GC), Tony Hawk P8 (PS3), Tony Hawk Downhill Jam (DS), Chronicles of Narnia (XBox), Hammy Goes Nuts (PSP). So some new, some old. That came up to about $90 in trade in value.

Also, it says on the ad that the GC/PS2 $20 bonus deal is not supposed to be combined with the XBox $80 trade in deal. But the Gamestop guy I was dealing with was cool and he keyed in the deal anyway and it worked! That gave me $45 for the Cube.

[quote name='auralia']can you believe their trade in on gears of war was 31$ just 4 days after release... rape (so i sold mine on cag).[/quote]

:?: YOU SOLD GEARS OF WAR LESS THAN A WEEK AFTER RELEASE????

EXPLAIN YOURSELF SON...

bread's done
Back