New Gamestop trade promo: 50% extra credit for ALL games. Starts 2/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei no Otaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in Dante's Inferno and Bioshock 2 for $40 each. They are $25 base. At least the PS3 versions. With Edge they get $40 each. Got $80 and put it towards Final Fantasy 13 for the PS3. They were also advertising Heavy Rain as $25 base as well. Which I found odd as the game comes out tomorrow.

I bought these games from Amazon for $56 and $53. And they both had $10 credit. So, I basically paid for a long rental.

I am about to call Gamestop, but I was wondering if anyone knows the TIV for Heavenly Sword? I know its old as dirt right now (lmao) but I was just wondering if it would be better to trade it to GS, or sell it on Ebay.

[quote name='brother bendu']I am about to call Gamestop, but I was wondering if anyone knows the TIV for Heavenly Sword? I know its old as dirt right now (lmao) but I was just wondering if it would be better to trade it to GS, or sell it on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Check the thread with the TiVs.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Check the thread with the TiVs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I called and found out it was $8. So with the 50% trade in value it will be $12. I think I am going to make a trip up there soon.

[quote name='Derextreme']i can see the value on that dropping real soon now...[/QUOTE]

Hopefully. That would be great.

Anybody picking up Heavy Rain tomorrow like myself should see if you can find a store with Mass Effect 2 in it. The email coupon this week is for 25% off a used game when buying Heavy Rain new. I plan to pick up Heavy Rain, buy a used copy of Mass Effect 2 which will be around $38 for me after coupon, edge, and tax. then flip it to another store for the $56 TIV. Crossing my fingers it holds till tomorrow but I'm looking at almost $20 gain on Mass Effect 2 and that'll make me feel like I'm getting Heavy Rain for $42.

Just a heads up to anyone in San Fernando Valley, Gamedude is always gonna have a better trade-in value. As an example: Zack and Wiki at gamestop is $2 credit while Gamedude gives $8 cash. Just a heads up to the people in the area.

[quote name='BloodLust']I got a ton of games to trade-in, if I don't spend it all today, do they just put it on a Gamestop Gift Card?[/QUOTE]
yes or you can put it on your edge card if you have one

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Anybody picking up Heavy Rain tomorrow like myself should see if you can find a store with Mass Effect 2 in it. The email coupon this week is for 25% off a used game when buying Heavy Rain new. I plan to pick up Heavy Rain, buy a used copy of Mass Effect 2 which will be around $38 for me after coupon, edge, and tax. then flip it to another store for the $56 TIV. Crossing my fingers it holds till tomorrow but I'm looking at almost $20 gain on Mass Effect 2 and that'll make me feel like I'm getting Heavy Rain for $42.[/QUOTE]

Great CAG move!

Base values

x360

forza 3 $17
me2 $35
red faction guerilla $4

ps3

uncharted 2 $24.75
need for speed shift $17.50
re5 $12

with bonus $176.41

Copied all the values sio far into my list to update. Three weeks of checking two threads is going to kill me.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Anybody picking up Heavy Rain tomorrow like myself should see if you can find a store with Mass Effect 2 in it. The email coupon this week is for 25% off a used game when buying Heavy Rain new. I plan to pick up Heavy Rain, buy a used copy of Mass Effect 2 which will be around $38 for me after coupon, edge, and tax. then flip it to another store for the $56 TIV. Crossing my fingers it holds till tomorrow but I'm looking at almost $20 gain on Mass Effect 2 and that'll make me feel like I'm getting Heavy Rain for $42.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned this a couple pages back which is entirely what I plan to do. Seeing as were both from Cinci maybe we should double check with each other instead of both showing up to the same store for their one copy of ME2

EDIT: Nevermind, after I posted that I thought to myself if were planning on trading it back in then it doesn't really matter anyways does it.

[quote name='jp0213']Not necessary, but a nice thought. I prefer Tequila anyway. ;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks jp. I'm going to trade in some games later today, but I'll make sure to update the CAG database.

[quote name='xtchuh']Just came back from Gamestop...

Civ Rev
Trade In - $6.75
Bonus 50% - $3.38
Bonus 10% - $0.68
Total - $10.81

[/QUOTE]

Civ Rev is out of here Thanks.

I need to toss, going in an hour

Civ Rev
Tomb Raider Anny
Forza 2 Marvel Combo
Ninja Blade
Cars
Bully

DS
Castlevania OOE
Contra 4

GBA
Super Mario Advance 1

wow, just traded in MAG, left4dead2 and dragon age for 116.80 with edge card! versus 62.75 that i was gonna get from amazon, sweet deal!

[quote name='skams00']wow, just traded in MAG, left4dead2 and dragon age for 116.80 with edge card! versus 62.75 that i was gonna get from amazon, sweet deal![/QUOTE]

What were the individual prices on Mag and Dragon Age?

Was thinking of dumping those myself.

traded in mass effect 2 kept the case its limited edition got 56 with my card and traded in madden 09 for 3 bucks.. heavy rain here i come

I just realized my EDGE card expired, is it easy to renew it right on the spot?

If so, I think paying $14.99 would be worth it in order to get an additional $3.60 total on Smackdown 2010 :ps3; and COD4 :ps3:, along with the envitable B2G1F sale where one would save $10 on a purchased of 3 used $54.99 games with the discount. That pretty much negates the cost of the EDGE and I'll have 10% off used games and +10% on trade-ins again for a year.

Sadly, those are the only 2 games I could see myself trading in (Smackdown would get ~$36 and COD4 ~$19 without EDGE).

[quote name='jp0213']Copied all the values sio far into my list to update. Three weeks of checking two threads is going to kill me.[/QUOTE]

jp = maybe you should ask a mod to combine threads? cause checking both threads is killing me! And I don't even have to update anything.

[quote name='confoosious']jp = maybe you should ask a mod to combine threads? cause checking both threads is killing me! And I don't even have to update anything.[/QUOTE]

this is a good idea, i mean both topics are now about the same thing.

[quote name='AcesHigh']What were the individual prices on Mag and Dragon Age?

Was thinking of dumping those myself.[/QUOTE]

MAG - 35.20
Dragon Age (360) - 33.99
Left 4 Dead 2 - 47.61

all prices with edge card AND promotion applied

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't purchase from gamestop often, but it's funny to see all the people who cried about gamestop and how this deal was a scheme to choke on their own words.

No TIV have been reduced. Traded in some random shit I had laying around and got close to $100.

Kudos to gamestop for finally offering a good, legit deal.

Wow if us CAGs are trading in games this much to.....GS and most people on here despise GS, imagine all the other people trading in games during this promo. Hopefully this causes a B2g1 next week, or early march. 220 about in credit waiting for b2g1. :D

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Only sucky part is, here in california, edge basically cancels out tax because tax is Ridiculously high.[/QUOTE]

You're charged tax when using credit?

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']Wow if us CAGs are trading in games this much to.....GS and most people on here despise GS, imagine all the other people trading in games during this promo. Hopefully this causes a B2g1 next week, or early march. 220 about in credit waiting for b2g1. :D[/QUOTE]

I really hope for one soon. I'm gonna trade in some games, and based on the TiV on the list I'll get about $120 for them all. I'll probably buy Half Minute hero right off, but wait on the rest.

Buy Mass Effect 2 with Edge card = $50
Trade in Mass Effect 2 with Edge card = $55

Use credit from trading Mass Effect 2 to buy Mass Effect 2 again = $50
Trade in Mass Effect 2 again = $55

Rinse and repeat.

So, which CAG is going to be the one to do this?

1) promo runs till the 14th of march(trust me :p)
2)I got $40 for nsmb wii, $24 for both professor laytons and $8 for madworld
3)I bought dantes inferno and and the guy in front of me traded it it and the employee keyed it in the system then right back out it was sweet.also got a chat pad they seem usefull(and they are)
4)put the rest($28) towards lost planet 2 I had some cash left from the system trade deal last week.

[quote name='earvcunanan']WOW! ME2 still at $35. Go, go, go.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm very surprised. And lucky me, I just finished my Insanity run (and got the last of the 1015 achievement points) last night! I'm takin' her in!

[quote name='confoosious']jp = maybe you should ask a mod to combine threads? cause checking both threads is killing me! And I don't even have to update anything.[/QUOTE]

What, there's another thread? Blasphemy! I'll merge them but it will be quite a mess of confusing posts where they are mixed together. It might make more sense just to close the other one down and tell people to continue here. I'll check it out.

Edit - D'oh! Just as I'm composing my post, Shrike closes this thread! Well played sir ;). (I also didn't realize this was the second thread - thought it was jp's!)

[quote name='io']What, there's another thread? Blasphemy! I'll merge them but it will be quite a mess of confusing posts where they are mixed together. It might make more sense just to close the other one down and tell people to continue here. I'll check it out.

Edit - D'oh! Just as I'm composing my post, Shrike closes this thread! Well played sir ;). (I also didn't realize this was the second thread - thought it was jp's!)[/QUOTE]This was the "teaser" thread, per se, since we didn't have hard facts. jp made his usual thread once the deal went live today, with the usual updates and the like in the OP.

Merging the two threads at this point would be messy, though closing this one with a pointer to the other one makes more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back