New Gamestop trade promo: 50% extra credit for ALL games. Starts 2/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei no Otaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, as long as the values stay close to thier current, I should get around $100 with this. I gotta trade in Spirit Tracks for $30 though, and I might ditch Batman for an extra 20-ish.

I have no idea what i'm gonna get though @_@ I can ethier get 1-2 new games (ideally ME2), or 3-5 used, still good games (Muramasa & L4D2 probably). Also need points.

Hey, if I get a used, they have extra cases & books that they don't give right? Like leftovers from gutting?

it's not like people don't know what they're going to get before they go there, as far as CAGs that are interested.

I'm probably trading in MW2 and LBP GotY. I guess I "fell" for the fact that I'll have about $66 in value for those two games.

[quote name='Shockdrop']Hey, if I get a used, they have extra cases & books that they don't give right? Like leftovers from gutting?[/QUOTE]
Umm, the cases are just put out on the wall...

[quote name='poker360']i can't believe everyone is falling for this pathetic marketing scheme with a lousy company.. Drop already LOW TIV's and make customer's think they are getting an "Extra 50%", lmao.[/QUOTE]
That's generally how it always is. Hell, their "Over 1,000 games for $15 and more" slogan leaves out quite a bit as well that tricks consumers.

After looking at the prices posted earlier, I'm gonna stick with throwing some stuff up on eBay. I'll make more with actual money through there than credit that goes right back to GS and can only be used with them.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I will say, when trading in games to GS, just take the disc only and not the cases + books. You get absolutely nothing for them.[/QUOTE]
Depends. I defect them out if there's no case. I don't want those ugly fake cases clogging up my store.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I will say, when trading in games to GS, just take the disc only and not the cases + books. You get absolutely nothing for them.[/QUOTE]

lol I've always done that.One clerk kinda made a fuss about it once and I asked does the case get me extra credit?He got quite for a second and then he said no. I actually had the cases to the games in my car lol.

for a game like MW2, I'd only get 35 through ebay, which is what GS is going to give me. Same with LBP GotY. Ill actually get more credit from GS for Tekken 6 than I would get from ebay

i learned that from trading guitars in to Guitar Center and getting much more pricier ones. After i realized I could sell a guitar case for $50 and they were giving me nothing, I never made that mistake again

[quote name='MDeezyFTW']lol I've always done that.One clerk kinda made a fuss about it once and I asked does the case get me extra credit?He got quite for a second and then he said no. I actually had the cases to the games in my car lol.[/QUOTE]

And this is smart why?

Its actually kind of a dick move if you ask me. You probably can find the games from this generation with box and book a lot easier anyway and most of those games you will probably never rebuy. Sorry to step on your ego trip here.

However, keeping the collectors edition items and cases is definitely understandable because GS does not differentiate between CE and SE games, you just get the same value.

the clerk only gave him fuss because it would then be his job to make an insert for the generic cases they use.

Id much rather have a game that I traded in, perfect disc, no box or case, then these monkeys that spooge on your disc and flip a coin as to whether they will work or not, only to make another trip in hopes of finding a working copy...

BUT THEY HAD THE BOOK!!!

stfu

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Depends. I defect them out if there's no case. I don't want those ugly fake cases clogging up my store.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure your DM LOVES that..

[quote name='Jrod87']I'm sure your DM LOVES that..[/QUOTE]
My DM probably loves a lot of things. Things which I won't say here as not to offend the more sensitive individuals. In other words, I don't give a shit.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']yea, honestly...

if the person trading in the copy realized you were charging them a fee for a perfectly good game, you'd be fudged[/QUOTE]
I explain it to them. They don't like it, they can leave.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']the clerk only gave him fuss because it would then be his job to make an insert for the generic cases they use.

Id much rather have a game that I traded in, perfect disc, no box or case, then these monkeys that spooge on your disc and flip a coin as to whether they will work or not, only to make another trip in hopes of finding a working copy...

BUT THEY HAD THE BOOK!!!

stfu[/QUOTE]

or maybe he could sense that the dude was keeping the cases just to try and prove a point with no validity.

explain what? you go against company policy and enact your own rules because you haven't yet realized you are expendable and work at a nerdy retail job that just happens to house games, which is what you devote the majority of your free time pissing away on.

but yea, I guess it helps you feel better about the fact that you only make $30,000 a year but have a misplaced sense of accomplishment from being a dick to people that happen to frequent your store. Not because they like the asshole behind the counter, but because of the close proximity and convenience.

you sound like a dick lol

[quote name='kurrptsenate']explain what? you go against company policy and enact your own rules because you haven't yet realized you are expendable and work at a nerdy retail job that just happens to house games, which is what you devote the majority of your free time pissing away on.

but yea, I guess it helps you feel better about the fact that you only make $30,000 a year but have a misplaced sense of accomplishment from being a dick to people that happen to frequent your store. Not because they like the asshole behind the counter, but because of the close proximity and convenience.

you sound like a dick lol[/QUOTE]

I work for GS part time and do not condone Rei's practices but man...

Thats a pretty big personal attack...actually you sound like more of a dick

[quote name='kurrptsenate']explain what? you go against company policy and enact your own rules because you haven't yet realized you are expendable and work at a nerdy retail job that just happens to house games, which is what you devote the majority of your free time pissing away on.

you sound like a dick lol[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Yeah, I'm a real dick. I go out of my way, possibly putting my job at risk, to tell CAG about this sale. I've driven over an hour to another store to pick up games for my customers, I've gone into my own pocket to improve my store so as to help customers, put my position on the line to make sure my staff gets the raises they deserve, taken shit because I don't force numbers down my employees throat, make sure all the games in my store are in excellent condition, and I'm a dick because I simply take a dollar or two off the trade value of a game because you want to selfishly keep the case? Please.

Also if you want to personally insult me that's fine, but it really just shows how much of a childish ass you are. No one else felt it necessary to start flinging insults except for you. So I'd appreciate it if you'd keep those comments to yourself. It's obvious that you're a complete douchebag, and that's ok. I just don't need to be reminded of it every time you post.

[quote name='MDeezyFTW']lol I've always done that.One clerk kinda made a fuss about it once and I asked does the case get me extra credit?He got quite for a second and then he said no. I actually had the cases to the games in my car lol.[/QUOTE]

WEIRD!?my gamestops around me dont accept any games that dont have original cases and manuals

Hmm, I wasn't planning on buying heavy rain but if the $35 TIV for mass effect 2 sticks then picking that up with the Heavy rain %25 off any used game coupon plus Edge and trading it back in will net me 23.50 extra credit which would make heavy rain substantially cheaper.

[quote name='rei no otaku']:rofl:

Yeah, i'm a real dick. I go out of my way, possibly putting my job at risk, to tell cag about this sale. I've driven over an hour to another store to pick up games for my customers, i've gone into my own pocket to improve my store so as to help customers, put my position on the line to make sure my staff gets the raises they deserve, taken shit because i don't force numbers down my employees throat, make sure all the games in my store are in excellent condition, and i'm a dick because i simply take a dollar or two off the trade value of a game because you want to selfishly keep the case? Please.

Also if you want to personally insult me that's fine, but it really just shows how much of a childish ass you are. No one else felt it necessary to start flinging insults except for you. So i'd appreciate it if you'd keep those comments to yourself. It's obvious that you're a complete douchebag, and that's ok. I just don't need to be reminded of it every time you post.[/quote]

owned....lol

[quote name='denos-games']WEIRD!?my gamestops around me dont accept any games that dont have original cases and manuals[/QUOTE]

probably a manager made decision. As a whole GS company wide will take all games with disk only for same amount of credit. It is less appealing and also a bit dodgey if you ask me. We should all go to the box and manual a must strategy IMO

I find it funny when the Gamestop employee gets offended when I decline to buy a game without the case and manual. I might consider it if the price was lowered.

I'm going to post this in the other Gamestop thread also....

I traded in games yesterday with the extra $10 promo. I got a total of $63.50 for Madden 10 and L4D2! That was great, imo. I was given $29.75 for L4D2 + 5.00 from promo I got $34.75 in credit. I actually bought L4D2 from Gamestop with $35 of credit on BF too, so I'd say that was a really good sell back.

Madden 10 I got $23.75 and with an extra $5 I got $28.75. That was a great sellback I believe also, I never get that much for sports games and I played the game a bunch. I also paid like $40 for the game when it came out.

So I got $63.50 and was thinking I was going to get chumped for like $40 and that was fine with me. I'm very happy I traded in to Gamestop and now I"m going to order 2 games from them.

As for people who implied GS workers are ugly and wouldn't want a "BJ" from one. I walked into my GS yesterday and was welcomed by very possibly the most beautiful smile I've seen in my life. This girl was a true beauty and I was just at a loss for words. I'm still thinking about her smile.... and when I do the song "James Blunt-You're Beautiful" plays in my head.

I messed up and didn't say anything to her! So now I have a reason to go back there. I just wasn't sure if she was smiling because there was some guys who walked in and one could've been her boyfriend. You're beautiful.... I should've hollered, damm!

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']I'm going to post this in the other Gamestop thread also....

I traded in games yesterday with the extra $10 promo. I got a total of $63.50 for Madden 10 and L4D2! That was great, imo. I was given $29.75 for L4D2 + 5.00 from promo I got $34.75 in credit. I actually bought L4D2 from Gamestop with $35 of credit on BF too, so I'd say that was a really good sell back.

Madden 10 I got $23.75 and with an extra $5 I got $28.75. That was a great sellback I believe also, I never get that much for sports games and I played the game a bunch. I also paid like $40 for the game when it came out.

So I got $63.50 and was thinking I was going to get chumped for like $40 and that was fine with me. I'm very happy I traded in to Gamestop and now I"m going to order 2 games from them.

As for people who implied GS workers are ugly and wouldn't want a "BJ" from one. I walked into my GS yesterday and was welcomed by very possibly the most beautiful smile I've seen in my life. This girl was a true beauty and I was just at a loss for words. I'm still thinking about her smile.... and when I do the song "James Blunt-You're Beautiful" plays in my head.

I messed up and didn't say anything to her! So now I have a reason to go back there. I just wasn't sure if she was smiling because there was some guys who walked in and one could've been her boyfriend. You're beautiful.... I should've hollered, damm![/QUOTE]

wow...

just all of that, wow..

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Depends. I defect them out if there's no case. I don't want those ugly fake cases clogging up my store.[/QUOTE]

What if it's a trade in in of a game in one of those "ugly fake cases"? I know I've bought 'disc only' game from GS that I've later traded back in in the same fake case. You charge folks for that too?

If you do charge, then you really are a dick. If not, please ignore

[quote name='hostyl1']What if it's a trade in in of a game in one of those "ugly fake cases"? I know I've bought 'disc only' game from GS that I've later traded back in in the same fake case. You charge folks for that too?

If you do charge, then you really are a dick. If not, please ignore
[/QUOTE]
*ignores*

[quote name='GUNNM']joe is the weirdest motherfucker on this board[/QUOTE]
Who's Joe? >_>;

Also, I plan on trading in Tekken 6 tomorrow for $30.xx. :D Hoping the $20.xx TIV holds up until then.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Who's Joe? >_>;

Also, I plan on trading in Tekken 6 tomorrow for $30.xx. :D Hoping the $20.xx TIV holds up until then.[/QUOTE]

If that's true, you could make close to $10 in TIV if you buy it @ Best Buy for $20 & flip to GS. Not much flip profit if you do this w/ only one copy, but if you were going to be spending X amount of $$$ on games anyways, then say if you bought 3 copies @ BB & flipped them to GS, then you'd be making close to $30 in extra TIV credit. Of course this is all relative to considerations of how close your GS is to BB & gas money considerations.

if you go in will they automatically give you the extra 50% trade in alue or do you need to tell them about the deal? also im correct in assuming if you bring in alot of games you wont get the extra 20/30/50 dollar bonus trade in right? and before someone chimes in with a smartass remark im asking to just be clear so i can go in get it done and get out.

[quote name='lokizz']if you go in will they automatically give you the extra 50% trade in alue or do you need to tell them about the deal? also im correct in assuming if you bring in alot of games you wont get the extra 20/30/50 dollar bonus trade in right? and before someone chimes in with a smartass remark im asking to just be clear so i can go in get it done and get out.[/QUOTE]
Automatically done by the computer. The other bonus ended today.

[quote name='lokizz']if you go in will they automatically give you the extra 50% trade in alue or do you need to tell them about the deal? also im correct in assuming if you bring in alot of games you wont get the extra 20/30/50 dollar bonus trade in right? and before someone chimes in with a smartass remark im asking to just be clear so i can go in get it done and get out.[/QUOTE]

I wonder also, about first part. Half the time people at my gamestop have no idea what what im talking about and are drooling out the mouth.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Automatically done by the computer. The other bonus ended today.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the help mate. going to get rid of alot of stuff this coming week including my ps2 copies of gow 1 and 2 and some other random stuff.

hehe gs shady policy is nothing compared to the store i work for.

but i wonder how much would i get for a totally crap older game like Vf5. i played it once and was like damn thats the best 9$ i ever spent hehe. i normally dont trade in games but something thats total crap like that i think it's wasting my space. :)

[quote name='BAMAJD']I wonder also, about first part. Half the time people at my gamestop have no idea what what im talking about and are drooling out the mouth.[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like my experience during the extra $20 promo back in December.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Who's Joe? >_>;

Also, I plan on trading in Tekken 6 tomorrow for $30.xx. :D Hoping the $20.xx TIV holds up until then.[/QUOTE]

I plan on doing that too

Dam... I probably should've traded Tekken in and THEN ordered the 2 games I did. I felt like Tekken was a game I should keep though.. I could probably rebuy it later if anything, but I've hardly played it and in which case probably wouldn't rebuy it. Maybe I'll just keep it.... hmmmmm......

The idea is good, but what plays out is what's keeping me from giving total praise.

By defecting them, you mean adding a refurb fee? If so, that's a dick move. Now, if the price was just lowered, then some praise would be given. Mainly because I hate going into a store and seeing rows of games without their original boxes or manuals.

However, I couldn't give complete praise there when the company still sells games at their designated price, regardless of missing items. Charging $40 to $55 on newer, used games that're missing things is just bullshit.

[quote name='Tsukento']The idea is good, but what plays out is what's keeping me from giving total praise.

By defecting them, you mean adding a refurb fee? If so, that's a dick move. Now, if the price was just lowered, then some praise would be given. Mainly because I hate going into a store and seeing rows of games without their original boxes or manuals.

However, I couldn't give complete praise there when the company still sells games at their designated price, regardless of missing items. Charging $40 to $55 on newer, used games that're missing things is just bullshit.[/QUOTE]
Cool, I'll remember that when I have to fill out my praise card at the end of the week. Really wished you had given me the total praise though. Only 1/3 praise away from a gold star this week T.T

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back