New Gamestop trade promo: 50% extra credit for ALL games. Starts 2/22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei no Otaku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday!

Last edited by a moderator:
shit I wish I saw this earlier I traded in ME2 the other day since i got all the achievments

I got $39 for ME2 which was shocking the trade in value for it was $35 plus edge card

Got excited until I looked at the trade value list again. What a rip. I'd rather catch people at the door and pay their trade in value +50% in cash.

[quote name='Dr. Feel Good']Great deal... in theory. I bet a lot of TIVs will plummet though.[/QUOTE]

This.

Besides, the only game I'd want to trade in right now was worth $10 2 weeks ago which probably means it'll be worth $5 by the time this deal starts.

Usually, I trade my games on goozex, but for games that will only get 100 points (~ $5), it's not really worth it when taking into account cost of supplies and shipping the game out (break even, maybe gain $1 in the end). This gamestop deal makes those games worthwhile to get rid of minus the hassle of sending them out. Thanks OP.

Whatt there's a few girls that work at Gamestop that can get it. Hellyea I'd want a BJ! What is wrong with you, ever heard of a brown paper bag? Cut holes out.

[quote name='aj slick']I was at Gamestop the other day and they asked if I wanted to preorder Battlefield Bad Company 2 again. I told him I already got it preordered for $30 at Walmart after 15% bing and $20 gc. They can keep their extra downloadable content on their new game preorders for this and Bioshock 2 and etc, I would rather save $10 -$30 and gladly give Amazon and Walmart my business anyday on all my future preorders.[/QUOTE]

I agree, from one CAG to another. Why should I give Gamestop $20 to $30 extra bucks for a game when I can get it across the street at Walmart for 40 bucks. Screw GS. They will not be my gaming pimp. I will purposely enjoy waiting 30 days for the 4x4 rush and use that 20 bucks I saved for Metro 2033 or something else. I am a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']Anyone here knows the current trade-in value for MW2?[/QUOTE]
According to CAG's trade-in tool, $23.

I'm hoping that a bunch of game trade-in values don't plummet Monday morning to coincide with this. I'm not that familiar with Gamestop so I'm not even sure if they could do that but, yeah, that would suck.

[quote name='yokedog22']Would you even be interested in a BJ from anyone that works there? All the women that work at the one by me make me :bomb: just that said people are let out of Notre Dame. Chicks at GS = quality of the store itself.[/QUOTE]

Ha, maybe at yours.... but at mine there are some fine ladies that work at mine.

As for my Gamestop pre-orders.... I've been a long time customer and have a lot of friends there, but they are starting to notice me cancelling my pre-orders more and more.

[quote name='Omed']shit I wish I saw this earlier I traded in ME2 the other day since i got all the achievments

I got $39 for ME2 which was shocking the trade in value for it was $35 plus edge card[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that there is no way that ME2 stays above $25 come Monday

[quote name='videodrone']I'm sure that there is no way that ME2 stays above $25 come Monday[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. That's why I went ahead and did the 4 for $25 last night. Getting $35 +$6.25 + Edge is pretty sweet deal. I would be surprised if the 50% deal gets you more than $38 (without edge) on ME2. Bioshock 2 is already dropping and is $24 now.

[quote name='flagg1216']KUDOS TO THE OP. The deal is legit its 2/22 until 2/28.[/QUOTE]
this may be a stupid question but is it on ps2 games also or just newer gen games?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Ha, maybe at yours.... but at mine there are some fine ladies that work at mine.

As for my Gamestop pre-orders.... I've been a long time customer and have a lot of friends there, but they are starting to notice me cancelling my pre-orders more and more.[/QUOTE]
HA HA I told my friend who works there that if he stops hooking me up with his discount I won't pre order though him.

There promo items are sometimes worth it.. not often enough.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Completely agree. That's why I went ahead and did the 4 for $25 last night. Getting $35 +$6.25 + Edge is pretty sweet deal. I would be surprised if the 50% deal gets you more than $38 (without edge) on ME2. Bioshock 2 is already dropping and is $24 now.[/QUOTE]

The base tiv's are a fucking joke now. I remember when I got $48 for GTAIV during a promo. This new shit is weak. It's better to trade with cag's then to even bother with gs.

This post encouraged my decision to clean up my collection, yesterday I took advantage of the trade 7, get an extra $50 and it came out to...

Traded in:

BlazBlue
Borderlands
Left 4 Dead
Tekken 6
Demon's Souls
Killzone 2
Resistance 2

Got over $150 for it, paid off Alan Wake CE and Heavy Rain.

Monday I plan on trading in a few Wii, 360, and PSP games for the 50% extra. They'll probably only drop the TIV on games that they'd normally give you $20+, so I got that out of the way.

I have copies of both Borderlands and Dragon Age for the 360 that I hope hold a $20.00+ value on Monday, I would be fine trading both those games for Heavy Rain.

[quote name='Irukandji']The base tiv's are a fucking joke now. I remember when I got $48 for GTAIV during a promo. This new shit is weak. It's better to trade with cag's then to even bother with gs.[/QUOTE]

I know right. GTA IV has only been out for 2 years and can be found for around $10 through several outlets. GS even sells it for the extremely high price of $13 used. Why in the world would this game's value drop? The nerve of them.

[quote name='poprockfan']this may be a stupid question but is it on ps2 games also or just newer gen games?[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, every game that they accept as a trade in applies.

I traded in 9 games yesterday with a tiv over 5 each. I had to tell the cashier to only do 7 in one transacation and let me do the other 2 in a separate transaction. They were going to do all 9 in one, negating the other $10 extra I could get with the other two. I said,"Hey Ive gotta work the system" They just looked at me.

Anybody know trade in value for Darksiders PS3 and Dante's Inferno? Or can somebody link me to a place where I can check gamestop's trade-in value? I remember they used to have a link on their site, but its been years since I've been on there. I can't seem to find it any more.

[quote name='dino88']I know right. GTA IV has only been out for 2 years and can be found for around $10 through several outlets. GS even sells it for the extremely high price of $13 used. Why in the world would this game's value drop? The nerve of them.[/QUOTE]

I think the point of his post went kind of over your head... he was talking about how new games used to have decent TIV but now they drop to shit quickly.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Anybody know trade in value for Darksiders PS3 and Dante's Inferno? Or can somebody link me to a place where I can check gamestop's trade-in value? I remember they used to have a link on their site, but its been years since I've been on there. I can't seem to find it any more.[/QUOTE]

GS thread

Scroll down to post #2. If it's been reported on CAG it will be there.

[quote name='Freeisgood']I agree, from one CAG to another. Why should I give Gamestop $20 to $30 extra bucks for a game when I can get it across the street at Walmart for 40 bucks. [/QUOTE]

this is easily the dumbest shit I've read this entire week :lol: :applause:

you can dislike gamestop as a company, but to think that wal-mart is better in any way shape or form is just beyond ludicrous. there's reasons they've had countless class-action suits against them, including discrimination, not paying overtime, giving people benefits, etc.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']this is easily the dumbest shit I've read this entire week :lol: :applause:

you can dislike gamestop as a company, but to think that wal-mart is better in any way shape or form is just beyond ludicrous. there's reasons they've had countless class-action suits against them, including discrimination, not paying overtime, giving people benefits, etc.[/QUOTE]

Why are you getting on this guy's ass? He's talking about how good the deals are between the two companies, not how much they screw people over.

[quote name='Squall835']Why are you getting on this guy's ass?[/QUOTE]

You may want to respect his privacy. That seems like a very personal question.

^
I was at Gamestop yesterday and you do NOT have to be an edge member. The Edge membership would boost the promo to 60%

All this badmouthing about Gamestop and Wal*Mart. I've never heard any badmouthing about Amazon. ;p

[quote name='D FENS']^
I was at Gamestop yesterday and you do NOT have to be an edge member. The Edge membership would boost the promo to 60%

All this badmouthing about Gamestop and Wal*Mart. I've never heard any badmouthing about Amazon. ;p[/QUOTE]
Well, GS does rip you off LOL. They rarely have decent deals and overprice most of their stuff.

But I think you can still do this, they'll just put the credit on a GS gift card.

I found out about this yesterday when I traded in a old ds i never use and my old xbox for a new 360. he said don't trade the game in and come back on monday because i will get an extra 50% on my games. I was like woot!

[quote name='dino88']GS thread

Scroll down to post #2. If it's been reported on CAG it will be there.[/QUOTE]
so not one person had traded in AC2 or darksiders to gamestop?

[quote name='GUNNM']so not one person had traded in AC2 or darksiders to gamestop?[/QUOTE]
Trade-in values for both games are listed for both systems in those lists.

No, they've been there within a couple days of their release and anytime past that they were traded in. I try to update every day but sometimes I get a day or so behind.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']this is easily the dumbest shit I've read this entire week :lol: :applause:

you can dislike gamestop as a company, but to think that wal-mart is better in any way shape or form is just beyond ludicrous. there's reasons they've had countless class-action suits against them, including discrimination, not paying overtime, giving people benefits, etc.[/QUOTE]

As much as I despise walmart, they DO bring in revenue to the economy. The only downside to that is the fact that they tend to run mom n pop stores out of business, which is one reason I despise them.

Wal-Mart wasn't so bad back in the day when Sam Walton still ran it, but nowadays...ehh...I just don't like them.

[quote name='GUNNM']now they're there ;)[/QUOTE]

jp spends ALOT of his time keeping lists for members here.

DO NOT even insinuate anything negative about him and all he contributes.

how much does gamestop give you if you trade in a new release within 2 weeks? i'm getting heavy rain on tuesday which should give me enough time to finish it and sell it on ebay or trade it in for about what i paid for it after amazon credit

[quote name='el swordo']how much does gamestop give you if you trade in a new release within 2 weeks? i'm getting heavy rain on tuesday which should give me enough time to finish it and sell it on ebay or trade it in for about what i paid for it after amazon credit[/QUOTE]
It ranges, based on what the title is and how much in demand it is. The current starting TIV for most new titles is $25, some of them get the $30 or even $35 base. Mass Effect 2 was one that was and has been at $35 since it came out. That will probably change tomorrow or monday though.

[quote name='dino88']GS thread

Scroll down to post #2. If it's been reported on CAG it will be there.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. Kind of disappointing to see darksiders's value is so low.

If anyone was still in DOUBT about this being LEGIT I asked my local Gamestop Manager today when I got my Heavy Rain Pre-Order Card. I've known the guy for about 4 years pretty well so he wouldnt screw with me.
He said the same as the Topic Creator.
All games will have a 50% extra trade in credit plus your EDGE CARD. You can trade in 1 copy or 10 and still get the 50% extra. Hardware DOES NOT COUNT. They arent sure about Accessories until it goes live.

Although he felt the same as many of you that trade in values will drop about 20-30% the day it does live. Although thats not guaranteed. SO just check the TIV's the day before and if they drop drastically then GS is screwing everyone.

So, assuming the TIVs don't bottom-out, Instead of $7 for Battlefield: Bad Company, I should get around $10?

And would this stack with the 7/50 deal?

[quote name='Shockdrop']So, assuming the TIVs don't bottom-out, Instead of $7 for Battlefield: Bad Company, I should get around $10?[/QUOTE]

$10.50 or $11.20 w/Edge

And would this stack with the 7/50 deal?
No. Promo's never stack, plus the 7/50 promo ends tomorrow and this new deal starts Monday.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']If anyone was still in DOUBT about this being LEGIT I asked my local Gamestop Manager today when I got my Heavy Rain Pre-Order Card. I've known the guy for about 4 years pretty well so he wouldnt screw with me.
He said the same as the Topic Creator.
All games will have a 50% extra trade in credit plus your EDGE CARD. You can trade in 1 copy or 10 and still get the 50% extra. Hardware DOES NOT COUNT. They arent sure about Accessories until it goes live.

Although he felt the same as many of you that trade in values will drop about 20-30% the day it does live. Although thats not guaranteed. SO just check the TIV's the day before and if they drop drastically then GS is screwing everyone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've been greatly amused by all the people that doubted me.

I'm on my phone at this moment, so I can't go through all the pages, but does anyone have a guess when the next b2g1 free is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back