seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
GetGames has a new GetLoaded deal. This time around there are three options:

1. You can get both of the following two games for $30:

• Sleeping Dogs
  • Hitman: Absolution
Although it's not explicitly stated, I'm assuming both of these are Steam codes since they are Steamworks games.

2. You can pick any two of the following games for $10:

• Quantum Conundrum (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Dungeon Siege III (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Just Cause 2 (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Order of War (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld (DRM: Non Steam Keycode)
  • Battlestations: Pacific (DRM: Steam Keycode)
  • Hitman Blood Money (DRM: Steam Keycode)
3. You can get all the above games for $45.

This deal will be available for 72 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Umair56']What is the DRM on these things? I've always wanted to play Warthog and Black Shark but was waiting for a proper steam sale for them.[/QUOTE]

The OP has the DRM list. I think those two are not steam Everything else is steam.

Somewhat tempted on the helicopter game but I see the MSRP has dropped so next steam sale might be when I get it.

[quote name='Umair56']What is the DRM on these things? I've always wanted to play Warthog and Black Shark but was waiting for a proper steam sale for them.[/QUOTE]

I assume you're asking about the non-Steam ones.

I've only ever bought one game from GetGames (actually it was a pack, Commandos Complete) and from what I recall the last time I activated it the activation process was just web-based with a serial key - not sure if these are different though. This may help:

http://www.getgamesgo.com/support/help/FAQ

HTH

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The OP has the DRM list. I think those two are not steam Everything else is steam.

Somewhat tempted on the helicopter game but I see the MSRP has dropped so next steam sale might be when I get it.[/QUOTE]

Oh, didn't see that. Thanks. Non-Steam might be a deal breaker for me.

[quote name='Blade']Microsoft Flight is free. Just throwing this out there...[/QUOTE]

More like "Freemium" - it's free as long as you only want to fly one small dinky plane around the Big Island of Hawaii. Everything else costs real moolah.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The OP has the DRM list. I think those two are not steam Everything else is steam.

Somewhat tempted on the helicopter game but I see the MSRP has dropped so next steam sale might be when I get it.[/QUOTE]

DCS A-10C uses a version of StarForce DRM. The Steam version has StarForce DRM as well even though it's not listed on the store page (source)

It seems like this is the best Civ 5 deal this weekend, as amazon has it plus the expansion at $20. For someone who's never played Civ before (I've decided to make the plunge) would it be better to start without the expansion, or would it not matter/be just as accessible?

i only really want Spec Ops. would anybody want to go half & half? paypal me $7.50 and i get their key for them? send a pm if interested.

also it seems they took out the Civ V God & Kings expansion and replaced it with Binary Domain. might wanna update that in the OP.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']also it seems they took out the Civ V God & Kings expansion and replaced it with Binary Domain. might wanna update that in the OP.[/QUOTE]

OP updated - thanks. I guess they run out of G+K keys...

[quote name='malfuncti0n']i only really want Spec Ops. would anybody want to go half & half? paypal me $7.50 and i get their key for them? send a pm if interested.

also it seems they took out the Civ V God & Kings expansion and replaced it with Binary Domain. might wanna update that in the OP.[/QUOTE]
If you haven't had a bite on this yet, you can get Spec Ops from Gamefly for $5.99 with code NOV20OFF

[quote name='Syntax Error']If you haven't had a bite on this yet, you can get Spec Ops from Gamefly for $5.99 with code NOV20OFF[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I wish I'd known sooner though. I did find the gamefly deal but I didn't know about the coupon code so I bought it for $7.50. All good though. I appreciate the reply.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wouldn't that be the cheapest for Anno 2070?[/QUOTE]

Not if you can't buy it because you live in the US.

[quote name='seamoss']Not if you can't buy it because you live in the US.[/QUOTE]

Missed that part. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come since GGG isn't usually at the forefront of deals.

Oh geeze and here I was angsting over whether to buy it with all the obnoxious DRM in it. $7.50 is almost close enough to make me put up with Tages AND Uplay together and no Steam either but since I can't apparently buy it, it's decided for me. :p

*Edited to add: OP you may want to note that Anno 2070 has Tages with a 3 activation limit in addition to Uplay. Settlers 7 requires that you be always online (AFAIK they have not dropped that).

I had though Rayman Origins was Steamworks but according to GGG's page the version they are offering has Tages.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Motoki']*Edited to add: OP you may want to note that Anno 2070 has Tages with a 3 activation limit in addition to Uplay. Settlers 7 requires that you be always online (AFAIK they have not dropped that).[/QUOTE]

OP updated, thanks.

It's like they almost don't want our money...

[quote name='Galloughs']Be careful, that Driver game is a pile of hot garbage about 1/3 the way through![/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate?

I beat DriverSF a while back and it was good. It wasn't quite what I was expecting. The car switching mechanic opens up a variety of gameplay. CAGs who played it were pretty happy with it. Primary downside was slightly reduced visuals from the console versions.

Ooo, Rayman Origins + Anno 2070 for $15? Pretty good deal, I do say.

But no North America, that's too bad.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wouldn't that be the cheapest for Anno 2070?[/QUOTE]

Aye, best I've seen, but the no-US sales doesn't help me any.

[quote name='Galloughs']Be careful, that Driver game is a pile of hot garbage about 1/3 the way through![/QUOTE]

Good thing I already got that for only $1 from Ubisoft's uPlay sale awhile back.

Aye, best I've seen, but the no-US sales doesn't help me any.

What does everyone think of the new deal? There are some pretty good games here, but I'm wondering if any of these will be cheaper than $5 (two for $10) in the upcoming holiday sales. I'm looking at Borderlands GOTY, Civ 4 (I own 5, but I'd like to play Colonization), and Alpha Protocol, but I've seen that AP has been cheaper before. Hmm...

I'm pretty sure the cheapest I've seen Borderlands GOTY before is $7.50 and Civ IV Complete $6.24 (bought both at that price a couple years ago). Imo that pair is the only deal here.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm pretty sure the cheapest I've seen Borderlands GOTY before is $7.50 and Civ IV Complete $6.24 (bought both at that price a couple years ago). Imo that pair is the only deal here.[/QUOTE]

Dues HR hasn't been lower than 7.50 on steam iirc.

[quote name='loomis1975']Thread title says Batman AC GOTY, but its AA like the opening post has been updated to say.[/QUOTE]

Fixed thread title, thanks.

[quote name='InfenroIII']Deus HR hasn't been lower than 7.50 on steam iirc.[/QUOTE]

It was down to $4.99 during the last sale; the regular price dropped very recently to $19.99.

Sigh....anybody want something other than BL:GOTY? That's the only one I want so I'd be willing to split with someone, $5 for any of the other games.

[quote name='asheskitty']I'm pretty sure the cheapest I've seen Borderlands GOTY before is $7.50 and Civ IV Complete $6.24 (bought both at that price a couple years ago). Imo that pair is the only deal here.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured as much. I'm actually wondering if this Civ IV Complete contains Colonization or not. The Steam listing for Civ IV: Complete says it does, but the same listing on the GetGamesGo site doesn't have it listed, and neither does the picture of the box.

I own Civ IV complete from steam. It includes Civ IV, Beyond the Sword, Colonization, & Warlords. The totally-really-complete version. The Civ IV complete on Amazon were the same. I imagine it is inaccurate info on GGG, but I cannot vouch for it.

Edit: I don't trust the GGG Civ IV complete. The cover art corresponds to the text. Compare here to the really complete version on Amazon.

[quote name='asheskitty']I own Civ IV complete from steam. It includes Civ IV, Beyond the Sword, Colonization, & Warlords. The totally-really-complete version. The Civ IV complete on Amazon were the same. I imagine it is inaccurate info on GGG, but I cannot vouch for it.

Edit: I don't trust the GGG Civ IV complete. The cover art corresponds to the text. Compare here to the really complete version on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. I was really excited for this deal, but it looks like I'll be passing if it isn't completely complete. I'll try submitting a support ticket about it and see what I found out.

Sorry, we have been unable to authorise your payment on this occasion.
If you wish to try again using a different payment method please return to the checkout.

Any help/ideas guys?

[quote name='loomis1975']I am happy to report it includes Colonization.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the report. I heard back for support, and this is what they said.

[quote name='support']Hi there

This is what it contains according to the publisher:

Civilization IV not only delivers the best gameplay experience in the history of the series through gorgeous 3D graphics and sound, and hefty new features like religion, civics, and great people - this groundbreaking version also offers players six unique ways to become the ruler of the world!

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Play as one of history's greatest leaders as you battle, negotiate, strategize and explore your way to world conquest. All of human history is at your fingertips in one of the most critically-acclaimed games ever made.

Civilization IV: Warlords (Expansion Pack) Players have even more options to win by military might - including the devastating Warlord unit - and have six new civilizations, ten new leaders and eight additional scenarios from which to choose.

Civilization IV: Beyond The Sword (Expansion Pack) The biggest Civ expansion pack ever comes with 10 additional civilizations, 16 new leaders, 11 awe-inspiring scenarios and much more. With over 1.5 million world wide sales to date, Civilization IV is one of the undisputed heavy weights of PC strategy gaming. Civilization IV complete is a must have for all strategy fans.
[/QUOTE]

From that I was assuming it wasn't included.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Sorry, we have been unable to authorise your payment on this occasion.
If you wish to try again using a different payment method please return to the checkout.

Any help/ideas guys?[/QUOTE]

Try PayPal or a different card? I've never had a problem with GGG before, but I've found that some other sites just don't like my cards (especially when they're debit). Sometimes these sites can be finicky.

Cant get my buddy to take the plunge on Borderlands 2 so we bother grabbed ourselves a copy of BL2 and I got Alpha Protocol and he grabbed Deus Ex. He was about to grab AP but I mentioned the dialogue options and he immediately changed his mind, at that point I recommended DE but didnt mention the dialogue in that because I didnt want him to pass on such a great game for such a minor thing

[quote name='aus_nacht']I came here for 2 games for 10 dollars per the title...

...but the games are 2 for 15. Please update the title.[/QUOTE]

Whoops! Sorry about that - carried over from the last deal. Thread title updated.

bread's done
Back