New Jersey CAGs unite

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, you guys found any good deals in your area?

The Blockbuster in Teaneck (on Cedar Lane) has Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (PS2), Oddworld Strangers Wrath, and Doom 3 for $9.99 each and they have a buy 2 get one free deal as well.

The BestBuy in Garden State Plaza is usually good for penny guides. I know they have had a few GTA:SA and Destroy all Humans left (as of 2 weeks ago), but I have not had the time to go there. They do not make a fuss about selling penny guides and the manager is cool about selling them. However, I have recently noticed that they started throwing away a lot of guides to make room for new games.

Although not in NJ, Palisades Mall is a great place for getting games and penny guides. The BestBuy always seems to have the best selection of guides in the area. Also, the Circuit City seems to always have bargin games somewhere in the back.

EDIT: I will switch it to NJ in general

There is an XBOX 360 display at the EB Games on RT 202 S in Raritan. And they are working on setting up the XBOX 360 display in the EB Games at the Bridgewater Commons Mall.

hoarders suck. the kb near me in west caldwell was pretty cleaned out. stopped back in today. had a few copies of polarium, a ton of sled storm, and pretty much crap.

if anyone happens upon these, i will gladly pay you for them...

street fighter alpha 3 (gba)
zelda: minish cap (gba)
paper mario (gcn)
spiderman 2 (ds)
fire emblem (gba)
fire emblem: sacred stones (gba)

[quote name='Daddy']Actually NJ and CT have the HIGHEST average income per person in the US.... armpit ...I think not.... bridgewater here to represent[/QUOTE]

armpit meaning disgusting, what is the first thing someone sees/smells coming off an airplane into newark airport?

the burning smell of newark........

and its a saying chill out i love jersey
the 24 hr diners
the wonderfully happy people (sarcasm)

feel free to add with your own lovely characteristics of nj

Bergen County resident here (Edgewater). I posted in the other forum that the Willowbrook Mall KB was raided as well, probably by the same guys. The employee said a guy came in when the sale started and bought over $3k worth of games. There was NOTHING left...maybe 10 crappy games at most. We should find out who those guys are..and hunt them down, like good Jerseyans :)

[quote name='rarebucky']We should find out who those guys are..and hunt them down, like good Jerseyans :)[/QUOTE]

DAMN RIGHT! LETS KILL THOSE BITCHES! Grab yo' guns!

[quote name='jetlag16']DAMN RIGHT! LETS KILL THOSE BITCHES! Grab yo' guns![/QUOTE]

I don't have any guns...but I am sure that this BattleBot can take them.

[quote name='ananag112']I don't have any guns...but I am sure that this BattleBot can take them.[/QUOTE]

But what if THEY have a Battlebot? With a spinning saw blade, a hammer, and a thingie desigined to slide under other Battlebots and flip them over and land into those fire pits? Then we'd be fucked.

[quote name='Haggar']But what if THEY have a Battlebot? With a spinning saw blade, a hammer, and a thingie desigined to slide under other Battlebots and flip them over and land into those fire pits? Then we'd be fucked.[/QUOTE]

Well, this BattleBot is pretty darn good. It won 2nd place last year. If they do manage to beat it, we always have you Haggar.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Bedminster here[/QUOTE]

i thought i was the only one on CAG from this powdunk town...dam...what a small world.

same town rep here...

[quote name='rarebucky']Bergen County resident here (Edgewater). I posted in the other forum that the Willowbrook Mall KB was raided as well, probably by the same guys. The employee said a guy came in when the sale started and bought over $3k worth of games. There was NOTHING left...maybe 10 crappy games at most. We should find out who those guys are..and hunt them down, like good Jerseyans :)[/QUOTE]

i thought we could do the old mob thing with pitchforks and fire and burn him at the stake...

The KB in Westfield that isn't far from my work still was ok for GBA games but didn't have much in the way of other systems. I picked up Breath of Fire II, DBZ Buu's Fury, DBZ Legacy of Goku II, Eye of the Beholder, Golden Sun Lost Age, Sword of Mana, and Castlevania Circle of the Moon for GBA and Arc the Lad Twlight of the Spirits for PS2. Unfortunately most of these I have already so they end up being Christmas gifts for another friend who likes RPGs.

Opening this to NJ CAGs first. I have two extra copies of DK Jungle Beat (GC - new & sealed, w/o bongos) and two extra copies of Sword of Mana (GBA - new & sealed).

Assuming we can do the transaction in person (I'm in central NJ - Edison) to avoid shipping charges, the prices are as follows:

DK Jungle Beat w/o Bongos: $13 each
Sword of Mana: $10 each

If they are to be shipped, the prices are:

DK Jungle Beat w/o Bongos: $15 each
Sword of Mana: $12 each

Please post and PM me. I'll open this up to all of CAG sometime tomorrow if no one bites.

Thanks! :D

[quote name='ananag112']Well, this BattleBot is pretty darn good. It won 2nd place last year. If they do manage to beat it, we always have you Haggar.[/QUOTE]

CAPCOM ARE YOU LISTENING! Make a co-op game with Haggar and a BattleBot! It's not like you even use Haggar anymore anyways. I'll buy all rights of Haggar from you for $1.49.

[quote name='integralsmatic']i thought i was the only one on CAG from this powdunk town...dam...what a small world.

same town rep here...[/QUOTE]

I'm posting from Bedminster right now. I work at Verizon Wireless.

I agree this is a podunk town. Where's all the bars/ clubs at?! It also is ridiculous that the nearest Best Buy is at least 30 minutes away. =/

[quote name='magilacudy']I'm posting from Bedminster right now. I work at Verizon Wireless.

I agree this is a podunk town. Where's all the bars/ clubs at?! It also is ridiculous that the nearest Best Buy is at least 30 minutes away. =/[/QUOTE]

Bedminster only has 2 liquor licenses for the entire town. There is a BestBuy not too far by the Bridgewater Commons Mall - it's only about 10 minutes down 287, get off at 202/206 exit then get off the exit for the mall. It's right across the street from the mall.

[quote name='magilacudy']I'm posting from Bedminster right now. I work at Verizon Wireless.

I agree this is a podunk town. Where's all the bars/ clubs at?! It also is ridiculous that the nearest Best Buy is at least 30 minutes away. =/[/QUOTE]

thats nuts...i live right accross from there...haha yeah bars and clubs in bedminster..ive been wishing for that even when i was a little kid. the town's always been run by old people with traditional morals..hell they wouldnt even open a 7/11 because it was open 24/7...the only other thing i know if is that there is a Japanese hibachi/sushi restaurant opening up next to the BK on Burnt mills rd.

[quote name='Haggar']CAPCOM ARE YOU LISTENING! Make a co-op game with Haggar and a BattleBot! It's not like you even use Haggar anymore anyways. I'll buy all rights of Haggar from you for $1.49.[/QUOTE]

look man, you are supposed to be the mayor. Ok? you cant just keep taking off your shirt, slapping a belt around your chest and then roam the streets beating up strippers dressed as cops and samurais in wrestling rings forever. you really gotta stop hanging around the dork in the orange pajamas. hes a bad influence. time to work on the budget or zoning laws or something.

What department do you work in? I worked in the Warren office over the summer. I'm probably going to apply there when I graduate too. As for the BestBuy, its only like 15 mins away from the Warren office, so if your at the Bedminster office im thinking about your under 30 mins away.

[quote name='peloquin17']where the hell is bedminster?

it sounds familiar[/QUOTE]

right in between Bridgewater and Basking Ridge...Its a very small town.infact pluckemin is part of it also...

[quote name='RoadDogg']What department do you work in? I worked in the Warren office over the summer. I'm probably going to apply there when I graduate too. As for the BestBuy, its only like 15 mins away from the Warren office, so if your at the Bedminster office im thinking about your under 30 mins away.[/QUOTE]

I work in Network Operations. The hours are really crappy because I just started -- 11PM to 7AM. You should definitely apply, although it seems to be tougher to get in the company the past few months. My friend (a computer engineering major) applied and got rejected... ironically, the people they did hire are already getting a reputation for being slow to catch on. If you can get in though, you'll get sweet benefits (esp 401k) and salary.

That sucks about Bedrock.. I mean Bedminster only having 2 liquor licenses... me and my buddy are always talking about getting a beer after work (when we had 3-11 PM shift, I'm not an alcoholic lol), but nobody here knows any place nearby to go to.

Integralsmatic, do you know when that hibachi place is opening up?

[quote name='magilacudy']I work in Network Operations. The hours are really crappy because I just started -- 11PM to 7AM. You should definitely apply, although it seems to be tougher to get in the company the past few months. My friend (a computer engineering major) applied and got rejected... ironically, the people they did hire are already getting a reputation for being slow to catch on. If you can get in though, you'll get sweet benefits (esp 401k) and salary.

That sucks about Bedrock.. I mean Bedminster only having 2 liquor licenses... me and my buddy are always talking about getting a beer after work (when we had 3-11 PM shift, I'm not an alcoholic lol), but nobody here knows any place nearby to go to.

Integralsmatic, do you know when that hibachi place is opening up?[/QUOTE]
For a beer, I think your choices are the Pluckemin Inn outside "the hills" or Willie's Tavern further up 202 N.

[quote name='magilacudy']I work in Network Operations. The hours are really crappy because I just started -- 11PM to 7AM. You should definitely apply, although it seems to be tougher to get in the company the past few months. My friend (a computer engineering major) applied and got rejected... ironically, the people they did hire are already getting a reputation for being slow to catch on. If you can get in though, you'll get sweet benefits (esp 401k) and salary.

Integralsmatic, do you know when that hibachi place is opening up?[/QUOTE]

I was always told to go to a place called the Green Knoll Grill (i think thats the name) Many a fellow intern would get drunk there fridays after work. I know its only like 10 mins from the Warren office so it shouldnt be that far from the bedminster one.

i have no clue when its opening up but my friend who told me works at the UPS store in town so i bet he can find some info on it. as for the green knoll grill...its open pretty late since its in Bridgewater...just head down 202 S and it should be the last building on your right before the fork. Willies is nice but they close to early like everything else here.

[quote name='cheapfrag']For a beer, I think your choices are the Pluckemin Inn outside "the hills" or Willie's Tavern further up 202 N.[/QUOTE]

LOL i am an accountant for the pluckemin inn,

prices are going to go up in there soon, but it is a very nice place

(way too rich for my blood though)

[quote name='chimpian']LOL i am an accountant for the pluckemin inn,

(way too rich for my blood though)[/QUOTE]

i thought they were already up... i heard their food is awesome but really expensive. One of my customers told me that they were charging 13 bucks for a burger. that better be one dam good burger for that much.

[quote name='chimpian']LOL i am an accountant for the pluckemin inn,

(way too rich for my blood though)[/QUOTE]

That place used to be such a dive a few years ago - an old blue dilapidated building where a lot of scrungy locals hung out. I couldn't believe it was sitting on a $1 million+ liquor license. At least the new Pluckemin Inn befits the area a bit better, although I've never been in it.

[quote name='cheapfrag']That place used to be such a dive a few years ago - an old blue dilapidated building where a lot of scrungy locals hung out. I couldn't believe it was sitting on a $1 million+ liquor license. At least the new Pluckemin Inn befits the area a bit better, although I've never been in it.[/QUOTE]

ya same here...who knew it had the only other license in town. when i was a kid i thought it was a run down shack...ive been in there once...i just remember getting wierd looks and a drunken lady talkin shit to me...had 1 beer than bounced...im actually glad its gone.

I went on route 46 the other day to the Kay-Bee, it was wiped out of any worthwhile games, willowbrook too. But hey, we got comp-usa, Guitar center, Best buy, office depot, cd world, blockbuster, circuity city, and the willowbrook mall withen 3 minutes of each other.

[quote name='TheBookerMan']I went on route 46 the other day to the Kay-Bee, it was wiped out of any worthwhile games, willowbrook too. But hey, we got comp-usa, Guitar center, Best buy, office depot, cd world, blockbuster, circuity city, and the willowbrook mall withen 3 minutes of each other.[/QUOTE]
Nice Killer sig

I hate driving on 46 though,there always doing some kind of road work on it.Pain in the butt.CD World is the store I usually raid now,the other week I brought a used copy of Disgaea for 30 bucks there.Coconuts is another decent store on 46,they sometimes have good used dvd's and cd's.

[quote name='TheBookerMan']I went on route 46 the other day to the Kay-Bee, it was wiped out of any worthwhile games, willowbrook too. But hey, we got comp-usa, Guitar center, Best buy, office depot, cd world, blockbuster, circuity city, and the willowbrook mall withen 3 minutes of each other.[/QUOTE]

at the willowbrook store

actually i picked up rise of kasai, sword of mana at the kb in willowbrook and met this very fine looking girl there too :whistle2:D
nothing like cheap games and fine tail to make your day

moral of the story check back often and dig around the boxes (for the games, Get your head outta the gutter) were a bit beat up but nothing horrible

Jersey City/Bayonne, North Jersey in the house!

But I hunt for games all over the area. Always on the lookout for a cheap ass deal! ;)

[quote name='chimpian']at the willowbrook store

nothing like cheap games and fine tail to make your day

[/QUOTE]

Some good booze someone in there helps too! :beer: \

Speaking of cheap games, booze, and tail, we should organize a night at a bar for all the Jersey CAGs (Over 21 of course) to meet up and to discuss cheap games, drink booze, and meet fine tail!

A Cheapass Jersey meetup sounds good. Definitely need some tail, booze and games...not necessarily in that order. heh

I'm looking for Guitar Hero, has anybody seen it in Bergen County? I'm going to GSP BB tomorrow anyway to check out cheap LCDs (specifically the Westinghouse 32" in this week's ad), will pick it up if I see it and post on here if ever.

[quote name='sallyballs']Some good booze someone in there helps too! :beer: \

Speaking of cheap games, booze, and tail, we should organize a night at a bar for all the Jersey CAGs (Over 21 of course) to meet up and to discuss cheap games, drink booze, and meet fine tail![/QUOTE]

oh yeah.

[quote name='magilacudy']A Cheapass Jersey meetup sounds good. Definitely need some tail, booze and games...not necessarily in that order. heh

I'm looking for Guitar Hero, has anybody seen it in Bergen County? I'm going to GSP BB tomorrow anyway to check out cheap LCDs (specifically the Westinghouse 32" in this week's ad), will pick it up if I see it and post on here if ever.[/QUOTE]

im down for that also..

[quote name='sallyballs']Some good booze someone in there helps too! :beer: \

Speaking of cheap games, booze, and tail, we should organize a night at a bar for all the Jersey CAGs (Over 21 of course) to meet up and to discuss cheap games, drink booze, and meet fine tail![/QUOTE]

that sounds like a good idea actually

im down

[quote name='chimpian']that sounds like a good idea actually

im down[/QUOTE]

Alright then, how about either November 25th (Black Friday, after the fight....er shopping I know I will need my friend Jack to settle me down) or Friday December 2?

If anyone wants to suggest a place, I'm down with anything north of the Raritan tolls. :) Odds are I've drank there already.

[quote name='sallyballs']Alright then, how about either November 25th (Black Friday, after the fight....er shopping I know I will need my friend Jack to settle me down) or Friday December 2?

If anyone wants to suggest a place, I'm down with anything north of the Raritan tolls. :) Odds are I've drank there already.[/QUOTE]

i would definately put up my house as a drinkin spot, but its not gonna be finished till mid december.

december 2nd is better for me.

i think we should organize an excursion to Dave & Busters up in Nyack.

[quote name='peloquin17']i would definately put up my house as a drinkin spot, but its not gonna be finished till mid december.

december 2nd is better for me.

i think we should organize an excursion to Dave & Busters up in Nyack.[/QUOTE]

Dave & Busters is cool, although I never really saw that many girls there. I say we invade Fatso's in North Arlington!

anyone manage to get in on the nintendo ds $100 deal?

i tried menlo park (sold out), clark (spent an hour trying to call random people, said come back tomorrow), route 22 union (just said no and wouldn't even call anybody or ask anyone)

so, anyone know if the one in milltown/east brunswick will honor it, or anything in that area? Thanks!

bread's done
Back